Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

@widala you're 30something lady?

I always imagine you as a 20s girl like LJA.

So...Baeksang will be the last chance for MA?

17 hours ago, dotonly said:

@widala you're 30something lady?

I always imagine you as a 20s girl like LJA.

So...Baeksang will be the last chance for MA?

Opposite to LJA who has an old soul, my soul refuses to grow up :D

Seems like Baeksang is the last award for drama... Or, maybe there's other awards I don't know about?

• Like 5

Thanks for the encouragement @ann04! I've never said this before in my life, "long live shippers!" :D

On 11/4/2018 at 4:28 PM, widala said:

Lee Ji An has her birthday today (4 Nov 1998).

Anyone knows Park Dong Hoon's birthday?

All we know is the year 1974...

@widala thanks for posting on LJA's birthday! As for PDH, could it be this? June 18, 1974.

PDH_Birthdate_zps4altiez1.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

As for PDH, could it be this? June 18, 1974.

Thanks so much @oldschooler!

May I post this in my Instagram? I will credit your post as the source... Thanks again :blush:

Anyway, as of today I'm disappointed of this drama. MA was supposed to depict the real life as it is, no exaggeration like other dramas but... who in the real life have an ID card photo as good as Park Dong Hoon's?! Pure fantasy!

Mine looks like a mess, a 4 yo could've drawn it better...

Kdrama fantasy level

Level 1 : a rich chaebol falls in love with you

Level 10 : Park Dong Hoon's ID card photo

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 11/7/2018 at 7:17 AM, widala said:

May I post this in my Instagram? I will credit your post as the source... Thanks again :blush:

Anyway, as of today I'm disappointed of this drama. MA was supposed to depict the real life as it is, no exaggeration like other dramas but... who in the real life have an ID card photo as good as Park Dong Hoon's?! Pure fantasy!

Mine looks like a mess, a 4 yo could've drawn it better...

Kdrama fantasy level

Level 1 : a rich chaebol falls in love with you

Level 10 : Park Dong Hoon's ID card photo

Hahaha, that's funny, you are right, ID photos are an embarrassment. We had to keep our 12-year-old ID photo (when we first got it) until 17 years old. Not sure if this practice has changed.

It would be great to share the post, thanks! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG! Sang Hoon is looking sooooo DADDY here! If he had done his hair like this in the drama, I would have loved him the most!! HE FIIIINNNEEEEE!!!

45760237_10156415291290412_7912386016244

Have y'all been able to rewatch this drama? I can't bring myself to watch it again.... I think I'll be more destroyed than the first time.... I just hope it wins more awards. The award above made me sooooo happy!

• LOL 6

On 11/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, ann04 said:

I like to think this, plus all the ones I’ve quoted and probably missed in your analysis all leads to the conclusion of them actually being together in the end. It probably isn’t the only intention of what you’ve written but it certainly drove home that one point. The way you’ve managed to express yourself with this is amazing. Reading this with a neutral mind, anyone would be convinced that what they had certainly isn’t platonic. And you’ve done it seeming so effortlessly as well. 

23 hours ago, dotonly said:

In the end, what left is bittersweet.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:00 PM, africandramalover said:

Have y'all been able to rewatch this drama? I can't bring myself to watch it again.... I think I'll be more destroyed than the first time.... I just hope it wins more awards. The award above made me sooooo happy!

Hellooo!  How is everyone doing lately? @africandramalover, I haven't had time for a rewatch myself, but yes, I think I'd feel the same as you.  I came across some reviews of this show on Amazon praising it to the moon and back, except for the ambiguous ending.  I think it's hard for viewers who know nothing about the initial controversies to understand why the story had to end that way.  Here are excerpts from two separate reviews:

"The restraint in emotional interaction between the two principals, particularly Dong Hoon, although called for because of his extreme sense of morality, is at times superhuman. His failure to comfort Ji An when she views her grandmother's corpse by hugging her is very disappointing. There are other examples. And I must agree with several reviewers that the ending was pretty disappointing. It was one of the things I wondered about thoughout the series. I suppose it could be argued that there was an implied resumption of the relationship between Ji an and Dong Hoon, but it's too tenuous to accept, especially in light of Dong Hoon's restraint and inhibitions."

"You have to question how Dong Hoon could never have any romantic feelings for his wife, Ji An, or anyone else in the show. It's unclear whether this was a flaw in the story or if it was purposefully ended that way to leave room for the possibility of a second season. Though a second season seems unlikely, there are many things that could arguably lead to a sequel."

Here's some smexy-looking LSK for you:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Shouldn’t I be over him by now ???

he is getting more adorable by the day !!

anyway I don’t plan to rewatch anytime soon until MA becomes a distant memory. 

I want to enjoy it as a new drama all over again and want to experience all those feelings again. For this to happen unfortunately I have to let go of this drama for some time so that the next time I watch it more or less with a clean slate. 

Thats one one of the reason I am eagerly waiting for Chinese remake which might/ might not happen. But still there is some hope.

YhDosKh.jpg

gE9WeTh.jpg

0EXQkdi.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luckily PDH was a serious(?) person. If he acted like @t123han first pic above with such drama ending...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Cuteness overload they say. He is not an ajusshi, he is an adorable 40something baby...

On 11/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, sadiesmith said:

Hellooo!  How is everyone doing lately? @africandramalover, I haven't had time for a rewatch myself, but yes, I think I'd feel the same as you.  I came across some reviews of this show on Amazon praising it to the moon and back, except for the ambiguous ending.  I think it's hard for viewers who know nothing about the initial controversies to understand why the story had to end that way.  Here are excerpts from two separate reviews:

"The restraint in emotional interaction between the two principals, particularly Dong Hoon, although called for because of his extreme sense of morality, is at times superhuman. His failure to comfort Ji An when she views her grandmother's corpse by hugging her is very disappointing. There are other examples. And I must agree with several reviewers that the ending was pretty disappointing. It was one of the things I wondered about thoughout the series. I suppose it could be argued that there was an implied resumption of the relationship between Ji an and Dong Hoon, but it's too tenuous to accept, especially in light of Dong Hoon's restraint and inhibitions."

"You have to question how Dong Hoon could never have any romantic feelings for his wife, Ji An, or anyone else in the show. It's unclear whether this was a flaw in the story or if it was purposefully ended that way to leave room for the possibility of a second season. Though a second season seems unlikely, there are many things that could arguably lead to a sequel."

Here's some smexy-looking LSK for you:

Interesting reviews... Thanks for sharing, @sadiesmith...

Although I'm glad they loved MA, it's true that they don't seem to know about the controversy. And maybe not too keen on subtlety? 

"You have to question how Dong Hoon could never have any romantic feelings for his wife, Ji An, or anyone else in the show.

I can only compare to my own experience watching the drama, but I think it's pretty obvious that PDH felt so much for the people around him. Maybe he didn't show it through words, but through his actions. 

As for Kang Yoon Hee, we only saw the last year of their marriage where everything was (already) falling apart, so I wouldn't say that he never felt anything romantic towards KYH. But, it's just no longer there.

And of course he couldn't say or do anything about his feelings for Lee Ji An. That would go against everything that he is. Once again, his actions speak louder than his words.

=====

This video was already posted but I found the translation of what Song Kang Ho said to LSK

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Look who decided to show up :wub:

Elle Style Awards 2018

The Daring Challenger Lee Sun Kyun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Omo omo omo :wub::wub:

just when I was trying to put him into dorky, adorable , cute character .. he decided to come out looking like that. 

How do I  get over this hotness ?? He is oozing sexiness in that suit !!!

sorry my real world hubby , you know I still love you right ?? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

So what exactly is this award that he received? Most Stylish Actor award?  Because that would be a stretch, hahaha...  On second thought, they did style him very well in My Ajusshi, so many thanks to MA for getting him more recognition these days. :D

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

So what exactly is this award that he received? Most Stylish Actor award?  Because that would be a stretch, hahaha...

Well, he does rockin' those "no shave, baseball cap backwards" looks B)

Making jokes as always :D 

I wish I understand what he was saying...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There is no way he can get a style award.. if he does you know the awards are rigged !!!

he is a man child and his idea of style is cargo shorts/pants( season wise) , oversized shirts and don’t forget the icing on cake - those backward turned baseball cap to hide of his manly handsomeness !!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

8 hours ago, t123han said:

There is no way he can get a style award.. if he does you know the awards are rigged !!!

he is a man child and his idea of style is cargo shorts/pants( season wise) , oversized shirts and don’t forget the icing on cake - those backward turned baseball cap to hide of his manly handsomeness !!!! 

So he did win The Daring Challenger Award, whatever that means. The point is that these awards are given to the people who have "defined Korea's style." :huh:  Now, did he shoot some pictures for Elle or not?

Here are some articles if you want to know more:

https://news.joins.com/article/23118322?cloc=rss|news|total_list

https://www.soompi.com/article/1061801wpp/koreas-first-ever-elle-style-awards-winners-announced

EaqBKAGAQrkeCnNjt-vWQM3Ch1VCrDHofIPKLxgMXCsYAXsXdA9B_YiWaUrhJNRRPOcwa9AYI_8XTvAmosVtYG5vUxIwnp0Ho-R0GRZF8kp1QR57BTf1P5zoA1dI3lyMyZad719R

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

So he did win The Daring Challenger Award, whatever that means. The point is that these awards are given to the people who have "defined Korea's style." :huh:  Now, did he shoot some pictures for Elle or not?

Here are some articles if you want to know more:

https://news.joins.com/article/23118322?cloc=rss|news|total_list

https://www.soompi.com/article/1061801wpp/koreas-first-ever-elle-style-awards-winners-announced

I don’t care what award he gets as long ad it makes him crawl out of the man cave he has been hiding in.

its finally nice to see him being recognised like this .

i want him to do an outright romantic movie. He would make a sexy romantic lead !!!!

• Like 5