[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that the episode where GD and MS will confess to each other is near. I just want to get this over with even though I am fully aware that there are countless hurldes that the protagonists need to overcome. I really do hope they will fight it together. 

27 minutes ago, qynn said:

It's super frustrating but completely in character which for me, weirdly, makes it both easier and more painful to watch. It's easier because I totally understand why GD is doing what he's doing but more painful because I totally understand why GD is doing what he's doing lol. 

I like this plot turn for MS because she's being assertive and fighting instead of meekly going through life. 

Yes and yes!!! I also totally understand why he pushes her away, and therefore it makes it less frustrating to me, because at least it's not some baseless reason. He is in pain, traumatized and punishing himself. Pushing her away is another way for him to punish himself for what his father did, for what happened to that other guy, for having survived, etc. And yes, it is more painful because we understand why he does it...

GD does this because he is hurt and also because it's his trauma speaking. Like @turtleaxis said so well, he is surrounded by people who love him but he cannot see that. It's like a circle, it's irrationnal. He's been faced with hard situations, the collapse of SMall just being one among many others. He is trained to expect the worst. And like @stroppyse translated, he thinks the future is going to be more twisted...

Spekaing of which, thanks for the translations @stroppyse ! Would you mind doing the scene where she remembers when/if you have time? I am curious as to what YJ tells MS before she remembers.

3 hours ago, babycrayon said:

Hope you all know jbtc posts clips of the airing episode on its youtube channel at the same time as it's aired on tv, after 11pm kst. Those clips don't cover whole episode but still do most of it. This is how I bear waiting for the full episode. Since I can't watch live-stream, don't have any working link : (

https://www.youtube.com/user/jtbcdrama/videos

And on the website too http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/clip/pr10010514/pm10046496

Thanks. This is what I like JTBC because they  always  show the clips already same day and very quick.

I just got back from real life stuff wasn't able to watch the raw.

@carolinedl@Mau_Cherry  @aiwa9 @stroppyse

Thanks for doing recaps chingus. What is happening to GD. traumatized, experiencing hallucinations,  in pain, hurting, emotionally physically mentally. How much more can he take.  I worry about GD.  At some point,  I'm worried he's gonna go on a deep end.  A breakdown much worse than what we've seen. Grandma dying, distancing himself from MS. this could trigger something in him.

1 hour ago, aiwa9 said:

WHY IS KANG DOO's NOSE BLEEDING?

AND KANG DOO's TEARS..... I JUST CAN'T T______T

GD..We're all worried. And we can go back to that famous line of his....

"how are you  going to compensate the lives of  the people who had to live miserably?" 

He has gone through so much... and now this. We know he's taking pain killers for his legs.  which when it's acts up. he having a hard time walking,  he limps  and now we get the nosebleed. Wonder if this is an indication of something...

Terrific acting Lee Junho and Won Jin Ah. throughout this drama.

DTB-61cX0AA4c7o.jpg

sc cr: anam

@turtleaxis If GD din't know about JW's affection for MS then I don't think he would have pushed MS away, after the cement-fight at the site he was the one who clinged onto MS's hand requesting her to hear him out, there he was clearly afraid of losing her and also he was the one to msg her to meet at her dad's restaurant, after JW's confession GD ridiculously felt that JW might be a better option for MS... but still what about her feelings!!

For once he should have heard MS's convo with her dad or mom, I hope it happens accidentally in the future, lucky he is as she truly loves him for what he is.

2 hours ago, penelop3 said:

And MS, she is really refreshing. I've never seen a female Kdrama who is strong, outspoken, and confident with herself. She knows what she wants (being with GD) and who she wants (GD) and doesn't care what people say. Bravo! We need more female characters like her. 

I agree @penelop3 we need strong female characters like MS in Kdrama. The fact that she knows a good person when she sees it. It’s extraordinary and refreshing to see in Kdrama. 

@carolinedl@aiwa9 @Mau_Cherry @stroppyse thanks for live recaps and translation chingu. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@carolinedl, here is the translation of the conversation between YJ and MS before MS flashes back.

YJ: I really hate seeing people wallowing in self-pity, and the two of you are a bit different. The two of you are both bereaved (since they both lost people in the accident) and were also survivors. However, on the site, you don’t show any signs of hardship. You’re amazing. Gang Doo-sshi is a really strong person. Isn’t that right? (at MS’ non-reaction) Or maybe it’s not. Would he be different in front of Moon Soo-sshi? Does he talk about how he was hurt in the accident and so had a difficult time to Moon Soo-shi?

So, MS finds out from YJ that GD not only lost someone in the accident, but that he was in the accident. It's what triggers her recall of GD being with her back then.

Thanks a lot! That is what I had gathered but I kept forgetting that it is true that MS does not know yet that GD was also in the accident... I liked YJ in all of this, trying to bring them together. I know she might have ulterior motives but I also think that she has come to really respect GD and MS.

I am back... and I am in Trouble...

I try to trust the writer... until than she never let me down and gosh - I love how MS turns out to be now. This Woman fights now for GD and I can´t tell you how happy I am about that. She is so refreshing different than KDrama female leads like to be. So great. I didn´t see it coming that she will rememer him today. What a great scene. Handy up to the Team again - and the one with the ideas behind the big pictures in JbL.

I was heartbroken today - I cried today - I was shocked in a positiv way and cried when GD found out that MS had talked some sense into that banker Guy. And I suffered when GD overheart Mum praising CEO.

I liked Yoo Jin today much more. I lost my hope for Yoo Taek - because when ever there is a chance for him to act a bit more nice he ruin it at once. I loved to see beautiful Ma Ri without her Make Up. I wonder if MS remember everything now - I can´t believe - or okay - I can believe that GD left her behind and even I wish to slap him - I understand it. His problems will not be solved with just a smile or a cry out - he really needs to see that she need him to and loves him too - and that he can take her hand. That all what she wish for. I felt so sorry for JW who found his Dad - and I felt a bit proud (sorry) that I was right with my guess - MS Father was the Guy. I loved - like always our wonderful Granny and I wanted to change the script when she started to write down what have to be her last will. NOOOOO

But still - I loved todays episode. The scene when the window broke - what a great scene...

I was heartbroken to see GD leave...

but it was still okay for me ..

BUT

The Preview.....

I will try to trust the Writer - I need to believe in her. She can´t put me down like that. GD can´t be ill. That would be too much. That just can´t be the case. Overworking - yes - to not think about her he works like crazy - or he got a hit on the nose - fine - we know how easy he gets in trouble. BUT... no illness. I will freak out otherwise...

Really - there is still a way to ruin everything for me - so i need to trust the writer. We will have a happy end.

By the way - I really wish to know what Banker Guy told GD...

As always - thank you for recaps and extremly @stroppyse for the translation.

I am sorry I was not of help today. And I guess you don´t need my recap that late anymore.

33 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Thanks a lot! That is what I had gathered but I kept forgetting that it is true that MS does not know yet that GD was also in the accident... I liked YJ in all of this, trying to bring them together. I know she might have ulterior motives but I also think that she has come to really respect GD and MS.

I don´t think anymore that her motives are that ulterior. I guess I was mislead by the description and by her cold acting. But today I really liked her a lot. She likes GD - but he don´t love him and I hope that will never change. She found the one she loves - but that is difficult.

Okay - it was not really a help for GD to meat with YJ - to hear her talking about wonderful JW. It kinda maded it worst. But I liked it a lot that she came to him - and I had Fun to see both the next day. Hangover time...

But the Fun was just very short and more for her. GD looked so defeated...

10 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I liked YJ in all of this, trying to bring them together. I know she might have ulterior motives but I also think that she has come to really respect GD and MS.

10 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I don´t think anymore that her motives are that ulterior. I guess I was mislead by the description and by her cold acting. But today I really liked her a lot. She likes GD - but he don´t love him and I hope that will never change. She found the one she loves - but that is difficult

same same !The further we  go the more i like her. I like how YJ is using common sense. She scolds her brother when he does poor job, but same goes for JW. If he wants to do this project properly he can't just go and show blueprints to people who can understand how it works. Also she tries to talk with GD and MS. I don't necesary want her to be with JW. 

also it seems for me that JW blames whole YJ's family and MS's father as the direct reason for his suicide. He went to talk with MS only after GD asked him to take care of her. seems like in this relationship there is also a lot of guilt and blaming. 

acctualy it seems every single relationship here is about blaming and feeling guilty. MS parents, that one was away, the other "was selling the child". JW-YJ, JW-his mom; etc

about nose bleeding i will pretend i didn't see it. please don't mess up this amazing drama with cheap trophes. i want already tmrw ep but I'm sooo afraid that they will do something to GD:(

PS as far I understood bankguy was not fired but maybe had to move to other dept. or sthing.

On 08.01.2018 at 10:19 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

I really wish to know what Banker Guy told GD.

With my understanding, he said that being in a situation as working under those people again, (he was having phone calls and getting annoyed and all before he met Gang Doo previous episode) he took his anger on him, and said he is sorry too and that his friend (which is obviously Moon Soo) also came to him but unlike Gang Doo she came to "ask" for an apology and then in the scene with MS and guy, MS asks him to apology him, that he got angry at him but couldn't say anything to real guilty ones. And then banker man told her yes I took my anger on a small guy(Idk what the real translation but something looking down on GD) and then she got all angry and asks for another apology. Says that he worked so hard for that memorial to mean something, he should apology and say he did well and be grateful to him.

And then banker guy told Gang Doo how lucky GD to have such a friend, because it also means he is a good guy.

Roughly translated but I find that scene so powerful, Moon Soo is my girl^^

27 minutes ago, iamsaidtobetroubled said:

With my understanding, he said that being in a situation as working unders those people again, (he was having phone calls and getting annoyed and all before he met Gang Doo previous episode) he took his anger on him, and said he is sorry to and that his friend (which is obviously Moon Soo) also came to him but unlike Gang Doo she came to "ask" for an apology and then in the scene with MS and guy, MS asks him to apology him, that he got angry at him but couldn't say anything to real guilty ones. And then banker man told her yes I took my anger on a small guy(Idk what the real translation but something looking down on GD) and then she got all angry and asks for another apology. Says that he worked so hard for that memorial to mean something, he should apology and say he did well and be grateful to him.

And then banker guy told Gang Doo how lucky GD to have such a friend, because it also means he is a good guy.

Roughly translated but I find that scene so powerful, Moon Soo is my girl^^

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!!

So very much!!! I got the right feeling about the scene - so greatful I was right. Yes - she is  small and weak - but she became so strong the moment she protect someone. For that both are similar - they fight for the people they care about much more than for themself. And MS before tend to run away from a good Guy. GD is just even worst than her.

Thank you!!!

“Just Between Lovers” Cast And Producers Highlight What To Look Out For In Drama’s 2nd Half

Just-Between-Lovers112.jpg

Spoiler

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Just Between Lovers” has received positive reviews from viewers for its high-quality production, talented cast, and insightful storyline.

See Also: January Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

The production staff and cast of the drama has chosen five things viewers should look for as the drama begins telling the second half of its story.

1. Kang Doo and Moon Soo’s relationship and hardship

The relationship between Kang Doo (2PM’s Junho) and Moon Soo (Won Jin Ah) that provided a blanket of warmth over their guilt and trauma has suddenly come to a halt after it was revealed that Kang Doo’s father stole steel bars from a shopping mall construction site in the past. This came as a shock to Moon Soo, who trusted Kang Doo more than anyone else. They were unique people in each other’s lives whom they could comfortably confide in about the sadness from their past and this happened just as their relationship was deepening.

What will Kang Doo and Moon Soo do as this pain from the past surfaced in the present? The viewers have hope that this will not mark the end of their blossoming relationship and it makes viewers curious about what their relationship will look like in the second half of the drama.

Just-Between-Lovers18.jpg

2. Grandma’s sickness and her relationship with Kang Doo

The relationship between Kang Doo and Grandma (Na Moon Hee) is a special one that has touched viewers and showed that sometimes you don’t have to be blood relations to be each other’s family. Although she is curt, she loves Kang Doo and knows how soft-hearted he is behind his hard exterior, so she begged Jae Young (Kim Hye Joon) not to tell him about her brain tumor.

However, Grandma’s condition is gradually getting worse. As deep as her relationship is with Kang Doo, the truth about her health condition will have a large impact on him. How and when will Kang Doo find out about Grandma’s condition? Viewers should watch out for how the illness will shape the affectionate relationship between Kang Doo and Grandma.

3. Building Biotown, the memorial, and hope

Biotown is being built in the same location where the shopping mall collapsed a decade ago. Kang Doo, Moon Soo, Joo Won (Lee Ki Woo), and Yoo Jin (Kang Han Na), whose lives were impacted by the accident, came together like fate as the construction of Biotown began. Kang Doo and Moon Soo are facing their wounds while hoping that there won’t be any more victims like them and meeting with bereaved families and survivors while working on the memorial.

The construction of Biotown also holds meaning for Joo Won, who is trying to make sure he doesn’t repeat his father’s mistakes, and Yoo Jin, who lost her most loved one. Viewers should look forward to watching how the building of Biotown and the memorial will bring healing and hope to the story and its characters.

4. Complicated relationship between Kang Doo, Moon Soo, Joo Won, and Yoo Jin

Kang Doo, Moon Soo, Joo Won, and Yoo Jin’s lives drastically changed after the accident that has left them with pain and complicated emotions. Kang Doo and Moon Soo found each other and came to be each other’s most trusted companions. Joo Won is having a hard time stopping his feelings for Moon Soo despite knowing about her relationship with Kang Doo. Their love triangle is more complicated due to their common link and pain from the accident.

Yoo Jin is also unable to stop her feelings from growing for Joo Won and she confides in Kang Doo, while also encouraging him to return to the site. Viewers should keep an eye out for how the complicated relationship between these four characters that have blossomed will transpire towards the end.

5. The story of pain and perseverance

“Just Between Lovers” highlights the lives of people who continue to live on despite their pain. Characters such as families of the deceased Yoon Ok (Yoon Yoo Sun), Dong Chul (Ahn Nae Sang), glamorous Mary (Yoon Se Ah), and Yoon Taek (Tae In Ho) all have wounds and loneliness that may not be visible on the surface. They hold each other’s hands and provide a place of refuge for each other through their loving relationships.

This is the underlying message of the drama. Despite the harsh reality of life, the drama hopes to bring warmth to viewers by showing how people move past their pain to return to their ordinary lives.

On what to look forward to in the second half of the drama, Junho said, “I hope you will feel with us while the story goes more in-depth as we enter the second half.”

Won Jin Ah added, “Kang Doo and Moon Soo are facing another challenge. Kang Doo and Moon Soo’s choice on how they deal with this will be revealed. I ask for your interest and love so that Kang Doo and Moon Soo can overcome this and have a more loving relationship.”

Lee Ki Woo commented, “I think if viewers watch the relationship that changes between the characters and their feelings that grow in between them then it can resonate with viewers.” Kang Han Na stated, “Please focus on the relationship between the four people that will grow. We will be able to bring warmth and strength to viewers through the story of how people heal and return to their ordinary lives after experiencing pain. Please tune in until the end of our second half as well.”

SOOMPI

I have an idea what the couse for the nosebleed could be.

We know how many pills GD took - and we found out that he stopped taking them when he started to get closer to MS. So I fear - alone somewhere - he will need again a lot of painkiller. And if Granny will not give it to him - he will not take placebos anymore - but the real stuff. That can hurt his Body - and nosebleed could be a effect of it. And a clear sign to him - that he really is going to far. What do you think?

I used to skip or not to pay attention to scenes without KD or MS in. But in this episode I didn't want to skip anything, and I got to like all characters (except that construction site manager, YT's wife's brother).

YT oddly happened to quietly wait for grandma sitting in the queue, almost with no argument or complains. He even was charmed with MR feeding the cat and sneaked there to see that cat himself. He came to that messy area to meet grandma in person. What happened to him?.. This is so unlike himself. What could transform him like this since beginning of the drama? Not MaRi because she was someone he knew quite long before. Not KD or MS cause he barely minds their existence. Nor JW cause he still despises him. Not the work on the project cause it was started quite before too. May be it was his sister's coming back and brainwashing his mindset? :) Still I don't think she was enough for such transformation. But she is the only clue I see...

As for KD, I think leaving someone he loves just because he doesn't feel being good enough for her, even when she desperately follows him - doesn't make sense.

It is more understandable that he leaves for his own sake as he doesn't want to shake his own life with a possible new guilt of ruining someone's life. It's not that he isn't just good enough for her, but he rather just doesn't want any happiness and excitement in his life, because he is afraid of both loosing it one day heart broken and making his lover suffer because of him. He can't bear this weight. So it's better to keep existing without any changes. This is rather coward, but at the same time one needs a lot of strength to keep enduring it locked away all alone. But you know he might apply that same strength to overcoming his fear. But I guess his strength is not enough so he definitely needs MS to give him a hand.

He might think he cares about her but actually he cares more of himself, in my opinion.

I don't know if I'm right. Still I love KangDoo.

I agree with many of you who wrote about MS in this episode. So I don't need to repeat it. Yes, she was awesome.

And regarding YJ and grandma I agree too.

I was touched by new depth of JW's story. But I didn't like him when MS told him clearly that he is only a sonbae she respects, not a man in her eyes. and that she feels uncomfortable because of JW's actions...  and he then promises to not make her uneasy again... and then immediately tells her that he can't accept her refuse and will wait till she changes her mind. : ( Well at least this guy stands for what he likes just like MS does for KD : )

just have a chance to watch first 5 minutes of ep.9

What a starting

GD hear what JW talk to MS outside, he walk out ... so sad
MS talk to her dad and also she walk out ... face expression of these two ..so sad
and then GD there and MUSIC!!... so sad

I don't understand a word... but emotion overload.
Really well made production! thumb up!

SiNNhoj.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!!

So very much!!! I got the right feeling about the scene - so greatful I was right. Yes - she is  small and weak - but she became so strong the moment she protect someone. For that both are similar - they fight for the people they care about much more than for themself. And MS before tend to run away from a good Guy. GD is just even worst than her.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome ^_^

Moon Soo was great in this whole episode, made me proud. Mostly female leads in kdramas are just receiver of emotions, not the "doer". How she protected Gang Doo everywhere, even from himself was already beautiful until now, and now she is fighting too. I'm glad she is strong in that sense and I'm glad that kind of a female lead is in this beautiful drama^^

(Kinda worried about the tomorrow's episode tho, cause nose bleeding is a kdrama cliche that I do not like a bit. I hope that is not a really big deal...)

29 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I used to skip or not to pay attention to scenes without KD or MS in. But in this episode I didn't want to skip anything, and I got to like all characters (except that construction site manager, YT's wife's brother).

YT oddly happened to quietly wait for grandma sitting in the queue, almost with no argument or complains. He even was charmed with MR feeding the cat and sneaked there to see that cat himself. He came to that messy area to meet grandma in person. What happened to him?.. This is so unlike himself. What could transform him like this since beginning of the drama? Not MaRi because she was someone he knew quite long before. Not KD or MS cause he barely minds their existence. Nor JW cause he still despises him. Not the work on the project cause it was started quite before too. May be it was his sister's coming back and brainwashing his mindset? :) Still I don't think she was enough for such transformation. But she is the only clue I see...

As for KD, I think leaving someone he loves just because he doesn't feel being good enough for her, even when she desperately follows him - doesn't make sense.

It is more understandable that he leaves for his own sake as he doesn't want to shake his own life with a possible new guilt of ruining someone's life. It's not that he isn't just good enough for her, but he rather just doesn't want any happiness and excitement in his life, because he is afraid of both loosing it one day heart broken and making his lover suffer because of him. He can't bear this weight. So it's better to keep existing without any changes. This is rather coward, but at the same time one needs a lot of strength to keep enduring it locked away all alone. But you know he might apply that same strength to overcoming his fear. But I guess his strength is not enough so he definitely needs MS to give him a hand.

He might think he cares about her but actually he cares more of himself, in my opinion.

I don't know if I'm right. Still I love KangDoo.

I agree with many of you who wrote about MS in this episode. So I don't need to repeat it. Yes, she was awesome.

And regarding YJ and grandma I agree too.

I was touched by new depth of JW's story. But I didn't like him when MS told him clearly that he is only a sonbae she respects, not a man in her eyes. and that she feels uncomfortable because of JW's actions...  and he then promises to not make her uneasy again... and then immediately tells her that he can't accept her refuse and will wait till she changes her mind. : ( Well at least this guy stands for what he likes just like MS does for KD : )

I never skipped any scene - but I know what you mean. Today was great. And yes - YTs Wife, and Brother in Law are the worst.

I can´t agree with YT. I kinda see it different but maybe the lines will change my mind. I can see that he really start to love Ma Ri and he is different with her. I really liked it how he saw her feeding the cat. He even  sended his underling away to meet her. BUT - he had a reason to go to that street. He was searching for the landowner. He had no chance - his sis mad it clear to find her and do a proper job. I found it funny that he bacame just a weak person when he was in front all all this workers. He feared them. So he was a brave boy - and waited in the line - so long he fall asleep. I need to admit that I missed the meeting between Granny and him - so I have to check it out.l But actually when he found the cat outside I really hoped to see a nice side from him - like he likes cats too - but he just is a scarady cat himself. But it was a scene in which we could see how much will be left when he is taken of his position and power. From another Drama there was just a scene in which someone said that the powerful are always on the highest floor. This time he needed to stand his man in the street. But I did not see a big change for him. Even so I hope we sill get that later.

For Gang Doo - yes of coure - I too think part of him leaving is him beeing scared  because of himself - but still - he is someone who puts the others before him (somehow MS is like that too). Even in panic he was more relieved MS can live and is okay. And he heard it from all sides - that he is not good for her - or JW is better for her. So I see it that he really leaves for her.

32 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I have an idea what the couse for the nosebleed could be.

We know how many pills GD took - and we found out that he stopped taking them when he started to get closer to MS. So I fear - alone somewhere - he will need again a lot of painkiller. And if Granny will not give it to him - he will not take placebos anymore - but the real stuff. That can hurt his Body - and nosebleed could be a effect of it. And a clear sign to him - that he really is going to far. What do you think?

Painkiller just reduce pain, not the illness, but yes he might have hard time with that pain without painkillers and get worn out to nosebleeding.

Actually I don't want to think about this issue. I hope whatever it is the writer will handle it with common sense and depth.

"We will be able to bring warmth and strength to viewers through the story of how people heal and return to their ordinary lives after experiencing pain"

Anyway this line from the actress gives hope, doesn't it.

Archived