[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

23 minutes ago, iamsaidtobetroubled said:

You're welcome ^_^

Moon Soo was great in this whole episode, made me proud. Mostly female leads in kdramas are just receiver of emotions, not the "doer". How she protected Gang Doo everywhere, even from himself was already beautiful until now, and now she is fighting too. I'm glad she is strong in that sense and I'm glad that kind of a female lead is in this beautiful drama^^

(Kinda worried about the tomorrow's episode tho, cause nose bleeding is a kdrama cliche that I do not like a bit. I hope that is not a really big deal...)

How to know that we watched too many KDramas. :D

YEAH - I feel you . But I like the idea about the nosebleed I just shared so I will hope and wait and flip the table if they make him ill. But I really have the feeling that KDrama typical scenes are not working here - and I love that a lot. Sure - we have a few typical facts. Still ...

I really think the writer will know too that it is too much to make GD ill now too.

I only wait to see MS stand up for GD in front of her parents too. Not sure I there was something like that today - I hope in the first scene my feeling and understanding was right that she already gave her Father a speach aobut judging GD. I don´t understand korean - but I hope my feeling is right that i am good in undestanding what is going on in JbL. So for me it was like she asked her father about GD who wanted to wait for her. And Dad told her that he left and she should not meat him. And thats when MS told his Dad to behave and like she did it with her mum before - they are not in the position to judge a man who is in her eyes great.

Yes - I know - I repeat myself. But it was so great to see MS fighting. I feel like - when those two fights together - they can do everything. They are both strong for others - so what couple can that become.

3 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

Painkiller just reduce pain, not the illness, but yes he might have hard time with that pain without painkillers and get worn out to nosebleeding.

Actually I don't want to think about this issue. I hope whatever it is the writer will handle it with common sense and depth.

"We will be able to bring warmth and strength to viewers through the story of how people heal and return to their ordinary lives after experiencing pain"

Anyway this line from the actress gives hope, doesn't it.

I don´t understand what you mean with don´t reduce the illness. I am not talking about him beeing ill. But I know when I took too many painkillers I was warned about the blood became to thin (and thats a bit trouble in my case). I know nosebleed can be a sideeffekt of that.

Okay - don´t think about it. And yes - me too - I love the message of the article. Feels soooo good.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I never skipped any scene - but I know what you mean.

Actually I watch every episode 2-3 times. First time I watch raw episodes skipping mentioned scenes, next times with subtitles I don't skip anything. But today I watched the raw episode without skipping one bit of it.

21 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

. From another Drama there was just a scene in which someone said that the powerful are always on the highest floor.

Even in this drama KD told YT that his office is so high that he doesn't see other people as people. And now YT is down there finally. Well yes, this is indeed thanks to his sister.

4 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

Actually I watch every episode 2-3 times. First time I watch raw episodes skipping mentioned scenes, next times with subtitles I don't skip anything. But today I watched the raw episode without skipping one bit of it.

Even in this drama KD told YT that his office is so high that he doesn't see other people as people. And now YT is down there finally. Well yes, this is indeed thanks to his sister.

Hihi... yeah... First on Air RAW - I can´t skip like that - than RAW again... without skipping most of the time - but I tend to watch a few scenes again and again - and than with subs.

Right - how could I forget. Sorry. You are right. No need to use another Drama - its all here. :D

I wonder what Grandma have told him...

22 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I don´t understand what you mean with don´t reduce the illness. I am not talking about him beeing ill. But I know when I took too many painkillers I was warned about the blood became to thin (and thats a bit trouble in my case). I know nosebleed can be a sideeffekt of that.

I got you now.  I see you wrote "he will not take placebos anymore - but the real stuff". So you mean he might take too many of the real pills. Sorry I didn't quite understand you first time. I think it's a clever theory.

3 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I got you now.  I see you wrote "he will not take placebos anymore - but the real stuff". So you mean he might take too many of the real pills. Sorry I didn't quite understand you first time. I think it's a clever theory.

I am curious as to why that would produce nosebleeds though. Shouldn't painkillers actually damage the stomach, thus making him cough blood? Is there anyone working/studying medicine in this thread?

Because this is a psychological drama, I think nosebleeds would be more of sign of psychological distress. A friend of mine got so stressed with work that her nose started bleeding, they could not stop it so they had to call the fire department (yes, all of this at work). Maybe it is sthg of that kind here?

Just finished watch raw ep.9
This episode is killer! and music is kill kill kill.
it's very late here, and sad overload. T_T
preview didn't help and make it hurt to last second!

Amazing episode! from begin to end!

@stroppyse Thank you so much for translation.

Thank you everyone for recap and share insight thought. 
(I did not have chance to back read yet but I am sure I will back read every single words. Thanks)

ok, i marathon-ed these last night, epi 5, 6 and 7... up until 2am.

i stayed thinking about it till 3am and went to office dizzy and with puffy eyes.

now i am debating with myself if i want to watch it for now or wait till i have a "feel-good" ending...!

is this episode a heart-breaking one? because, seriously i dont want to come again tomorrow at work with the eye-bags and all!

3 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

is this episode a heart-breaking one? because, seriously i dont want to come again tomorrow at work with the eye-bags and all!

Then don't take the risk because yes it's heart-breaking, although it's great.

46 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I am curious as to why that would produce nosebleeds though. Shouldn't painkillers actually damage the stomach, thus making him cough blood? Is there anyone working/studying medicine in this thread?

Because this is a psychological drama, I think nosebleeds would be more of sign of psychological distress. A friend of mine got so stressed with work that her nose started bleeding, they could not stop it so they had to call the fire department (yes, all of this at work). Maybe it is sthg of that kind here?

As I said - I know it is a sideeffekt. It can be something else too - but we know that Granny did not gave GD the heavy dose anymore - she told that Ma Ri before. When GD needs pills now and Granny is not around - what he will get is what he paid for. And yes - too many pills can ruin a stomage - but for example -  a dentist had to asked if you took painkiller because that can couse trouble with the blood - it maked it too thin. The Dentist must know that so he or she can react. And I know it from my case too - that is the real thing - no fiction.

Too much stress - sure can be too - overworked as well... so there are more ways than just an teribble illness I really can´t stand to even think about that.

I'm really happy more people picked interest in this drama.

Thanks guys for the sweet recap. It's a very good episode and we saw lots of developments.

@jongski, I got from where u were coming. Some dramas can be that way to some people. Thanks.

I was thinking,MS remembering can help KD unburned his heart. The fact that she can't remember him is a trauma also. 

So writer nim,it's now that KD is leaving that u made MS remember? So her own nightmare will start? 

8 minutes ago, darr said:

I'm really happy more people picked interest in this drama.

Thanks guys for the sweet recap. It's a very good episode and we saw lots of developments.

@jongski, I got from where u were coming. Some dramas can be that way to some people. Thanks.

I was thinking,MS remembering can help KD unburned his heart. The fact that she can't remember him is a trauma also. 

So writer nim,it's now that KD is leaving that u made MS remember? So her own nightmare will start? 

Honestly - I wonder how far she remembers. All at once - I guess right now. But we will find out. I love it that she put all the pieces together.

But - seeing the preview don´t give me the feeling that she will collapse now. But maybe again she try to hide her real feelings. She needs GD to deal with that too - or someone she can talk to. But that is in fact GD. So he left her behind not knowing that she remembers everything now. so sad...

Can someone please fasten the time a bit... I wish to watch the next episode now. I really hope the cliffhanger for today will give a better feeling again.

3 hours ago, babycrayon said:

YT oddly happened to quietly wait for grandma sitting in the queue, almost with no argument or complains. He even was charmed with MR feeding the cat and sneaked there to see that cat himself. He came to that messy area to meet grandma in person. What happened to him?.. This is so unlike himself. What could transform him like this since beginning of the drama? Not MaRi because she was someone he knew quite long before. Not KD or MS cause he barely minds their existence. Nor JW cause he still despises him. Not the work on the project cause it was started quite before too. May be it was his sister's coming back and brainwashing his mindset? :) Still I don't think she was enough for such transformation. But she is the only clue I see...

Aigoo ya, YooTaek. He is so unsuited for his position.

To me, it's been obvious that YooTaek never truely, from the bottom of his heart, wanted his position as director of such a large company. But he took up the mantle and inherited it, whether because he feels obligated to as the only son or because he's afraid of forging his own path or even both (which I think happens to be the case).

The guy at the top does look down and everybody down there looks tiny, true, but that also means that the guy at the top is alone with secrets he can't spill, emotions he can't show - the guy at the top will always understand and have loneliness. Plus, he can't buckle because thousands of his employees' families rely on him to bring in the cash to survive.

YooTaek seems like a guy who can't handle such loneliness and burdens, or at least, he can't do it willingly and happily. He's probably feeling stuffy, what with having to marry for business and dealing with it both at home and in the office, when he just wants to be adored freely like he demands from MaRi and adore freely, like he does MaRi. But beside him is his wife whom he married for business and doesn't care much for him as long as he doesn't embarrass her. So he's being insufferable because he's feeling insufferable. He doesn't even know what to do with his position. Like JooWon said, he can't handle it.

I mean, this guy's mind isn't truely that of a businessman. Which corporate director keeps whining about money and $18,000 for a memorial? (Really?! It's only $18,000! Is CheongYoo's reputation not worth $18,000?!) They see money as a tool to make more money and this guy is complaining about costs all the time. He thinks more like the average salaryman who hoards money first and foremost when he should be thinking about how to turn that money into more money.

So the YooTaek in the alley, the YooTaek who waited in line like a little boy - that wasn't a changed YooTaek. That was the true blue YooTaek himself at the very core with all his defenses down.

(And honestly, YooJin might be better suited to the position. She's got her finger on the pulse for what works. She sees the big picture. And she can read blueprints!)

I don't think the memories will be traumatic to MS. I just realised this too, but MS didn't remember GD and however many days she was trapped with him. But she remembers feeling trapped. So instead of suppressing those memories because they're too traumatic for her, it feels more like she couldn't remember him because he was a comfort. We know she felt guilty over leaving her sister and childhood boyfriend, too guilty to think she deserves any kind of happiness, until she started to open up to GD. And while he didn't necessarily relieved her of her guilt, I think he managed to bring some kind of peace to her, at least with the idea that she found someone who doesn't think she's a horrible person once he knew the truth. I'm really happy YJ turned out into a much better character, thank you for bringing MS's memories back to the surface <3

While noble idiocy is still idiocy, GD is the kind of person who would go out looking to get beaten up just to run away from his pain. Did we really think a man like this won't run away at the first sign of happiness? He runs away from his sister to protect her, stops himself from getting a job he needed because someone else looked like he needed it more, worked at the construction site that gives him actual anxiety attacks because of some misplaced guilt he has about his father. GD is the living embodiment of noble idiocy. JW just made him run away faster, something else would have come up if JW wasn't there. Ultimately, the fact that both parents don't like him was enough to make him leave. Her father told him point blank to stay away. None of this is a misunderstanding, like granny said GD always runs away from the people he loves because he thinks he'll ruin them. It's easy to say he deserves love and should fight for her, but if broken people could be fixed that easily they wouldn't be broken to begin with. 

I'm happy that MS is learning to stand up for herself and what she wants. This is the kind of heroine I've been rooting for, but in the beginning of this drama MS too won't have been doing what she's doing now. It's wonderful character progress on her end, to be speaking her mind about her personal opinions so openly. I love her and her character progression, and I can't wait to see how she begins to help GD now.

@xxPeepsxx Yes! That is what I was saying about YooTaek, how unfitted he is for the position because of the loneliness it produces. He has said it many times, hence he looking for MaRi, requesting her to do simple things to him in a recoprocal relationship. His emphasis on the lonely part, how often he complains about it to MaRi and his sister made me really interested in him. Also because he is trying hard to play teh game and somehow, he just does not do it well...

I like how you mention that in today's episode, he appears almost like a little boy, and that is his true self. I had said we saw another picture of the mean business man, the loneliness of it all, so I was glad to see the true YT today though we had glimpses of him already. His liking of fishing for instance, what it meant and also because he just waited too.

I think we learnt that he took over because his father was sick, no?

I also agree that YJ would be a better choice! I wonder whether it will go in that direction; I can only hope so. We need more female CEOs in geenral, and it would be great to see it in a KDrama.

@stroppyse we already talkedabout what a nosebleed meant in a KDrama - I was just responding to @Mau_Cherry's theory (I love discussing those - it makes the time between episode seem less long! Keep them coming! he he). I do agree that it is just there to show that GD is having a hard time, both physically and psychologically. (Or maybe he just bump his head in the bathroom door? ha ha ha :tongue: )

There are still things that happened in the rumbles that need to be addressed, and I guess GD and MS need to talk about that. The biggest question being what happened to MS's first love? What happened to GD in the 4 days he was there alone? etc.

5 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Honestly - I wonder how far she remembers. All at once - I guess right now. But we will find out. I love it that she put all the pieces together.

But - seeing the preview don´t give me the feeling that she will collapse now. But maybe again she try to hide her real feelings. She needs GD to deal with that too - or someone she can talk to. But that is in fact GD. So he left her behind not knowing that she remembers everything now. so sad...

Can someone please fasten the time a bit... I wish to watch the next episode now. I really hope the cliffhanger for today will give a better feeling again.

Sometimes all of them will come at flooding at once or bit by bit but im sure she gonna break down one of these days. The only place I've seen her rattled was when she cried before the mum. A time will come when she will tell her parents that she left the sister alone and I'm pretty sure that the guilt blanked her seeing that her sister was the apple of the mum's eyes and also knowing fully well its one of the major causes of her parents quarrel.

Oops,what a drama. I don't know whom to feel for most again. Is it JW that saw his dad hanging from suicide.  Or the other victims affected one way or the other by the tragedy. Or KD.  

I know some people don't watch dramas that are still airing, they wait till it completes to watch it full because they struggle with waiting whole weeks for new episodes. I was never like that and was just excited to look forward for new episodes. But because of JBL that happened to me finally. This is unhealthy xO I need to fix it but at the same to continue watch it airing, 'cause I don't want to stop.

Some spoilers

KD returnes, grandma hospitalised.

Spoiler

Archived