[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

@stroppyse  Thank you. I was clicked at translation button and the automatic translation It's not quite. Yours translate is way better, I giggle. Thank you.

@babycrayon Yes, very unhealthy and why I keep coming back in.
This show is good, as well as this thread.
I notice that this thread has [Hot topic] tag yesterday - for the show which get only 1% rating

I like the details production of the scenes;

Ep.9 GD see picture of MS in his mobile, then YJ arrive. She sits next to him. 
Oh? GD take hist shirt off and She sit on his shrit. So, gentle. (I jealous, he he he)

//

Everytime GD walk at alley to walk in milky way hotel. (also last week ep. run to meet GS)
I saw the bus passed.

//

In GD room, a lot of open books, he didn't finish read one book, and start other 

//

Grandma medicine store, in front of her desk, something she sell on display table caught my eyes ... he he he ...

I would like to capture screenshot, I cannot do now, will edit later....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back after watching with subs... needing a while sitting crying in a corner - listening to music to calm down - do it again - louder....

Now I can type. Really - i hate melos - but I just love this - even I cry a river. So beautiful...

Ha Dong Chul - Moon Soos Dad

- Meet a normal Person and you should live a normal life -

Moon Soo

- Your are saying that I am not normal.

HDC

- What I mean is...

MS

- You mean that I have to meet someone normal for me to look normal too.

As if nothing happpend, hiding everything. You want me to hide behind someone?

That´s beeing fake.

HDC

- So what´s if its fake? Person who lives they need to live on.

MS

- How about you? You can´t even do that.

Mum and Dad are really similar with that attitude - and they wait for someone to make the life of there Daughter a better life. They will talk about what happen and just go on - Day by Day - without that much emotions. Moon Soo had no chance to find herself and open up with those too. They were no help. It needed GD who became angry for her to show her its right to get angry. Mother just acts crazy when she is drunk and Dad lives a life like he died back than. Just waiting for the last day to come. It must have felt like to walk on thin glass around those all the time. MS didn´t want to make anything wrong. They maded it like the Daughter need to be the strong person - and need to take care for her parents. And Dad even left her alone taking care for the mother. I love it that MS starts to speak and try to puts them in the real picture. Even so we know that JW is not a man without issues too - thats not the point right not. If MS would date a man without issues - she would not live a normal life. Others could first feel like that - seeing it just from the outside. But in real - she would suffer even more. It will always be her with the problems. Having someone she can be herself around - can talk about what happen and who can understand her fears and nightmares is the only way to become happy. Mum and Dad wish for a cover up - and both don´t dare to face the past and the life that followed.

28 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

If MS would date a man without issues - she would not live a normal life. Others could first feel like that - seeing it just from the outside. But in real - she would suffer even more. It will always be her with the problems. Having someone she can be herself around - can talk about what happen and who can understand her fears and nightmares is the only way to become happy.

So true. I can relate to this myself.

I think MS needs both type of people by her side. First of all similar ones to get comfort, healing and being herself. And then normal ones to get inspiration and strength from them.

We all need a Sang Man!!!

He puts something to that Drama that makes it simple - but amazing. We all should believe like a child - sometimes. The Life of Adults are really often so meesed up thanks to scars, greed and so much more.

Seeing Moon Soo outside Gang Doos Place on the street...

What´s going on? He didn´t apologize yet?

One sentence - but so much into it. Telling MS that GD feels like he have to apologize and that he wanted to meet her for that.

Our Girl was shocked the other Day - but she already understood a lot.

Why should Gang Doo apologize. I should be the one apologizing.

Sang Man

Than whoever it might be. Hurry and do it. Apologiez shouldn´t be delayed.

Oh Sang Man - you are so right. It will get more and more difficult the more you wait. I know that. I needed to find that out the hard way.

I loved what he told MS on the way to find GD too...

He talked about his shoes - honestly a scene i was confused watching it RAW. I understood that he was talking about the wight of his shoes - but damn.. why?

And I will take his sentence as a good omen for this Drama.

YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO FEEL LIGHTNESS MORE ONCE YOU HAVED EXPERIENCED THE HEAVINESS!!!!

What a nice message for our Couple - can they really fly in the end?

I cried today - but just the though and imagination of them to be happy together makes my heart feel light all of a sudden.

28 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Back after watching with subs... needing a while sitting crying in a corner - listening to music to calm down - do it again - louder....

Now I can type. Really - i hate melos - but I just love this - even I cry a river. So beautiful...

Ha Dong Chul - Moon Soos Dad

- Meet a normal Person and you should live a normal life -

Moon Soo

- Your are saying that I am not normal.

HDC

- What I mean is...

MS

- You mean that I have to meet someone normal for me to look normal too.

As if nothing happpend, hiding everything. You want me to hide behind someone?

That´s beeing fake.

HDC

- So what´s if its fake? Person who lives they need to live on.

MS

- How about you? You can´t even do that.

@Mau_Cherry  Thank you so much. 
Of all the scenes, yesterday the scenes I really want to understand the most, is what she talks to her dad. 

The best scene is indeed MS memories back.

MS, I love her. Yesterday is MS episode. 

I wonder If cast/crew of this production come to visit this thread.

THANK YOU, WRITER/DIRECTOR, to create such a refreshing female lead. 

MS is the POWER.

Drinking outside with Gang Doo and Yoo Jin...

YJ

Why do you like Ms. Ha Moon Soo?

And I was like - no GD - don´t do what you always do (if it is not MS or sometimes Granny)

He really likes to just give the question back and not really answering himself.

GD

Than how about you? Why do you like CEO Seo.

YJ

Can´t you tell by looking at him.

Me

Okay - i liked YJ today a lot - but for GDs sake - shut up!!!! That not gooing to help!!!

YJ

He´s capable, tall, broad shouldered too,

ME

Bah - GD looks way better..

YJ

He looks good in suits too.

ME

GD too - ha you will fall for him if you see that... wait  - no - i will take that back - you should not see him like that. Forget it! But what kind of reasons are that to love someone... there must be much more - ahhh - no - don´t say it...

YJ

You may find it hard to believe, but Joo Won was always on my side, no matter what. My closest and only friend. He will listen to and believe everything I say.

Me

why does that feel lonely. No other friends... damn.. and by the way - stop telling GD

GD

He is worthy to be liked

ME

AHHHHHHHHHHHH - Don´t

GD

So why does he have everything? I feel so lacking in comparsion.

ME

depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

Was it really Grannys Plan to just die and leave a letter behind for GD. So happy we have MS to interfere. I love the Picture for tomorrow. Yes - she will die - that hurts a lot - but to see them all besides her bed in the Hospital changed the depressing picture a lot for me. They can give each other comfort like that. And they can tell there final Good Bye.

I keep believing that Granny in fact has a lot of money. What will GD do with all that.

I loved how Granny tricked YT to treat her to a nice meal. And I was really surprised to find out that there is a History of YTs Father and Grandma. He gave to Land to her instead of paying. What to... when.... whats going on here?

(Ha Ha - in older Dramas she would be the secret love from dying CEO and the land was there meeting spot...)

Yoo Taek - this Guy makes it complicated for me. He is indeed not born a a bad person the way I see it. When he got the call about Manager Lee he even said that its not needed to go that far - as to demote him. He don´t really want to harm someone. So what happen in the past with GDs Dad? Was he just doing what his father told him to do?

I loved Yoo Jin for fighting now for Gang Doo.

You know - I had Fun to imagine YTs reaction when he will find out that he must deal with the new landowner Gang Doo now... what-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279378

yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

Oh and can please something really bad happen to this Manager - I mean YTs Brother in Law. What an awful person is he. Using the case from GDs Father to tell him he can´t trust him anymore - even supplies are missing. Who to Hell runs out and found the supplies...

I am so angry at this Guy.

I really changed my point about Manager Lee.

He is not at fault for taking the money and it was not his doing that GD did not get anything and suffered as much as he had to.

In fact Manager Lee is not happy too and he tried hard to make it right with the construction side too. It was wrong to went his anger on GD but I liked him and pay my little respect to him for apologizing to GD and telling him about MS. Gosh - that was one of my fav scenes how MS followed that Guy and got so really angry for GD this time. Thats what really hits me. Here she is - and she is angry - she even screams at Manager Lee - for GD. And again she maded it so clear that GD is a great person.

It needs something to admit to a mistake and even put to it that Manager Lee (he deserves to be called by his name now) was jealous because GD has such a good friend and that thats shows him that GD is a great Person too. MAybe - even Manager Lee wears a Suit but working under the persone he knows are in real responsible for the accident and not beeing able to change anything - he feels more inferior too than we first could believe. I wonder if he will sign the contract now. Was he so different from GD who needs to find trouble in the streets to get beaten up... yes becouse Manager Lee more wished to beat someone up. I know that - but in both cases it is the unsolved anger - the same reason GD destroyed the Stone.

One ended up with money - the other in the pit - but both have lost there father who once was a worker on the mall.

And again - the evil Guy is not really the evil Guy. And the same goes with the person who in the start was the reason GD ended up beaten up in the streets. The only really bad person I can see right now is Brother in Law and maybe the old CEO... or not...

Gosh - the hope i felt for a moment when GD started to run... tried to find MS first at the place they wanted to meat (the victims place). Me chearing for him in front of the screen. Get your girl - find her... 

If not - if just not...

wow - for MS who felt that GD was there - but a bit sad that she did not put her Mother in the right place when she knew GD is listening. But - okay - she still not got it - how broken GD in real is and she runs after him and apologized.

The Scene was a lot like when MS told GD that she is a bad person - but he holded her hand and it was wonderful. Just - it is not that easy to do that for GD. He needs much more. MS really needs to fight for him and I love it that she is doing it. (I know I repeat myself again).

GD was so shocked when MS this time took his hand - but he stepped back and - damn - my poor heart when he walked away from her. I could hear his inner scream. We saw him often today - walking away from MS - a lonly Person - just his back and still so sad. Before the restaurant - before the Bathhouse - and now on the Busstation.

For the first time GD talked about the time after the acciden´t and what I knew became much more clear today. The time must have been so hard. Bearing pain so terrible he wants the Doctor to cut of his leg. Oh my God...

yedhte9t.png

qw77iwfl.png

Thats what GD is doing. He started to hope. He just falls in love - and forgot for a little time about his situation. But he got reminded now from all sides and he just acts like he knows how to act. Leave so the others can live. The same what he is doing with his sister. But stupid sister never understood him. Thats different this time. Extremly after MS remembers that GD is the Boy she was with.

GD going on a ship - oh damn.. he did that before - he was on a ship - doing crabs and because of that he can´t eat shellfish until now. So - that is the reason. And he will do it again. MS is cleaning the Bath not taking care for her Body when she is in pain - and GD just ruin himself - like he don´t care. It will not be a job he likes to do - fishing. Its not cool to be a sailor - he hates it. But he still goes - so he can stay away for 10 Days and when he works hard he will not think about MS. But when she came to find him he was unable to not turn around to see her...

I am still so greatful for the pictures... Today they will let us of with a ray of light on the horizont - I will believe in that.

Writer don´t prove me to be wrong..

5 episode to go. 
I would like to know and see ...

- MS 1st love
- Happy Grandma
- Beatiful made memorial place
- JW YJ help each other and be together.
- Relation between Mari and YT what way going to be?
- (Better) relation between GD and his sister ( she also the victim )
- MS mom/dad
- MS GD help each other heal pain/guiltly and cute scene and of course happy ending (a good one, im begging) 

38 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Father and Grandma. He gave to Land to her instead of paying. What to... when.... whats going on here?

(Ha Ha - in older Dramas she would be the secret love from dying CEO and the land was there meeting spot...)

so it seems that the dying CEO is the big bad guy, but till now he was not showed even during events right after building collapsed. It seems that YJ's brother took over during that time and he had to deal with all the problems ? do I remember correctly that he was the one who refused insurance money for GD's family ??

i couldn't watch 9th ep with subs, and now I'm at meeting at work reading your posts ^^

Thank you do much for all translations and info, it helps to survive day. This place is great, haha :)

Here comes the post I need to write - I knew it when i watched today... I said it before and they hit the aim again today - WITH THE MUSIC . or better said - WITH THE LYRICS.

So I will try to do something... I hope you find it a wonderful as I. Thats part of the magic here.

Without saying anything, for just a while, I´ll look at you

iw8hlkss.png

x8h8e6u2.png

I´ll fill my heart with you a little more.

I didn´t know my eyes could be this happy  from looking at you

I didn´t know my hands could tremble so much from holding you

this love

GD - My Life that might tangle even more in the future...

If I am going to be ruined, it´s better to be alone...

But even so

I am running away

Spoiler

skxqhvda.png

58xk8bj2.png

Please let me stay with you a little longer

Please let me smile with you for even just one more day

My heart is becoming greedy like this

The wishes insides me keep getting bigger

Please let me breathe with you

oabh3cfa.png

no more words are needed...

WOW, episode 9 was really good! (all of the episodes have been great actually)

I'm back again to share thoughts. I feel like a detective this episode. I was literally typing down things as I watched the subbed ep ('cuz I watched it raw first again ahahaha) Heads up again 'cause I'll probably repeat some things people have mentioned so please bear with me.

Okay so the themes for this episode have been focused very well and I applaud the writing and directing for it. They deserve to be praised. APOLOGIES, DISAPPOINTMENT and HEALING. These three words were mentioned a lot and shown effectively in the episode.

For the apology part, I think SM represents this very well. The apologies revolve around him since he is like the apology preacher for our two leads and I liked that about him. Its one of the moments where he is innocently mature. I wonder where he got that from tho? Maybe from the books he read hehe. When MS told SM that GD doesn't need to apologize, I was really glad because this shows clearly that our girl is not shallow! I think what usually happens in dramas when conflicts like this arise, the character will be very bitter but MS was never actually like that. Sure she was probably shocked but she knows what is important. How she approached Banker Guy was badass. A shy girl like her got to shout in a public place to defend GD, asking the guy to apologize.

Now the disappointments; I love how WJ described liking someone using that because I never thought of it that way but it made sense to me when she said it (kudos to the amazing writing!) MS being afraid of disappointing GD and feeling disappointed enough to be mad at him is a perfect way to tell that she has feelings for him. They're not the only ones who are disappointed tho. JW gets a clean rejection from MS and I'm glad it didn't take her a long time. I know its important to think about these things well but we all know already where MS' heart lies. Its just sad to see GD pushing her to JW because almost everyone sees how great he is. He is a great guy but he is not the one for MS. I know that this is a typical trope and I'm not bothered because it fits GD's character well but I hope we don't have to go through this very long. I want to see our leads happy and fluffy together!

The last and major theme of the series; Healing. We have been starting the process from the start of the drama but this episode is one of the more significant healings because MS finally recalls GD from the accident. I want to thank YJ for unknowingly(?) spilling the beans to her. The sequence for that scene was nicely put, I really love it when they use the silence because they are such masters of it. Applause to the editors and sound designers. MS realizes that GD knows who she was from the start and I thought she would tell him that she remembers but maybe that will happen in tonight's episode. At the start of the episode, we saw MS and her father talking about GD and I loveee how she threw back his words. He hasn't healed yet and he's been running away- kinda like how GD is right now. MS has been in a weird position where she doesn't know where to run and what to run from because of her lost memories but all the same, she needs healing. A lot of them do.

I want to talk about the people around the accident. I'm glad that the memorial storyline is still being tackled and not completely set aside but I realized something after watching the scene of MS with the photographer. It seems like everyone that was connected to the accident "lived" but lost a "life". Everyone didn't really heal but I guess that's reality for you. Grandma did mention something about how you'll never get over it but you'll learn to live with it (or something like that) anyway, if you look at it: our leads are very much still damaged from what happened, the 2nd leads as well. MS' parents, Banker guy, the dead grandma (RIP), the ill photographer and more. This made me think that while someone may seem to be living well, you don't really know if they are "living" well.

Another thing I want to talk are some metaphors (or at least how I saw them). The scene with SM's shoe (or just weights around his ankle) made me think that his words are the perfect way to tell this drama's story. Everyone (us viewers included) will have to experience heaviness before lightness so I guess we're in for a good ending but we just have to endure all the heartaches first ahahaha! But that scene could also just foreshadow something, maybe he'll save someone because of his quick and strong feet lol. The scene with MS asking her mom about getting a dog made me think about how I relate the dog to GD, idk I'm just an over thinker so ignore me haha. I bet her heard what the mom was saying tho and he was probably hurt. I WANT TO HUG HIM SO BADLY.

I want to get to a more fun mood in this long post but I still have more heavy things to saaayyy~ I'll try to make it short and precise. I'm sad to see grandma fixing her things, she makes it seem like she's ready but she's probably afraid. Her taking the strong pills definitely means the pain she's feeling is getting stronger. The scene with YT at the resto made her feel like a mafia boss (cuz I relate restos like those with meetings into a thug/gang sort of setting) but I wonder if her land now belongs to GD? It pains me to see GD be accused of being like his father- I'm not saying his father was bad though he did something unjust (am I making sense?) Lumping the child over the crime that the parent committed is never good. speaking of not-totally-bad people, Banker Guy is one of those. He was just not right with how he went on with his anger, I'm glad to see him apologize and acknowledge GD as a great person because BEST BOY IS BEST BOY. Now I kinda wanna see them become friends haha. I just want to say tho that I like GD's interaction with him; I love all his interactions with each character- Lee Junho is such a great actor. And can we talk about how MS always stands up for GD? The way she talked back to her parents when they didn't approve of GD and how she got angry at Banker Guy, this girl knows the true value of GD and I hope he sees it too. I hurt everytime he compares himself to JW who probably doesn't think he's all that great even (I think he's quite humble). JW getting worried and upset with GD was the most friend-like thing he has ever shown us I think. It was nice to see but the scene it self was sad because GD was basically giving up MS and everything related to them to JW. That was also another healing part of the episode because he mentions how MS should still finish the job even though its a sensitive topic to her, even using his leg injury as a metaphoric example. But when GD said "I'm in the middle of getting used to my misery all over again." I can't help but say BABY BOY STOP BEING HURT. It feels like since that's all he's been feeling mostly since the accident, misery has become a comfort to him in a way

Its not very noticable but JW is actually going through a lot this episode. Confessing and being rejected, kinda losing a friend, realizing that MS was the daughter of the man he met years ago (who may have caused his father to take his life idk this is just me). The dad tho, he's always great whenever he's on screen. All the veteran actors are tbh. They really have a great cast. We haven't been seeing SM's mom tho, I want to see her again but I guess she's not vital to the story telling for now.

I mentioned before that I liked GD and YJ's dynamic and that stays the same. Their phone call and drink together was really interesting, I like how they are straight forward and honest with each other. They're totally like those bffs who always share love woes hahaha. He was probably very frustrated about the situation tho (judging from how he crushed the can). I thought it was quite funny tho how YJ brought a bottle of liquor since I was thinking they'll be drinking the good ol' soju but nah- this girl is high class all the way. Actually the serious scenes of this episode had fun undertones to it imo. The heart breaking scene of MS and GD at the bus stop is one thing I remember. She ran after him and didn't negatively question GD's absence from the meet up but he replies so coldly to her, putting up walls which made her frustrated. I liked the fact that she took WJ's words and got all aggressive with GD. It was quite funny to me how she keeps telling herself that he's coming but he wasnt and then she started shouting. But the things she shouted were no laughing matter. The answer is obvious but since GD won't budge, MS is left confused.. when she said "I hate you" you could clearly see GD's heart breaking oh my gosh and we all know she doesn't really mean it. If I can describe that whole scene I would say it was adorable and painful at the same time.

Guys, there's still more to my draft and I feel like I've been rambling too much but I didn't want to leave out anything as much as possible so I'm sorry that this is so long, bear with me a bit longer. Moving on, The scene where JW is at MS' appa's resto was also quite an important scene but I just found it funny how the dad is so clueless about the things that JW says and in return he ends up kinda looking lost as well. Another dynamic that I kinda like btw is YT and YJ, something about them being like cats and dogs make it seem like a more believable sibling relationship to me- I guess its because I used to fight a lot with my sibling too haha.

Okay I'll try to make this in bullets. More things that I liked and things I noticed:

-THE SOUNDTRACK

-"Saint Moon Soo" (on GD's phone when MS called)

- MR in casual clothing and tending to a kitten (I wonder if she saw YT in that scene?)

- Details on the redness of MS' hand from scrubbing the tiles too much.

- Everyones' red ears (because it was definitely cold out so I hope they warmed up nicely after each shoot)

- YT looking stressed while sleeping (his position must edit: NOT fit him definitely if he's making a "resting" face like that)

- MS' tone changing when faced with JW

- MS asking GD to take her home

- GD being observant and giving opportunities to others.

-GD in bed wearing a turtleneck! (he looked so adorable but I feel bad for him cuz he's hung over)

I decided to trim down some things from my draft so I can talk about the preview and end this now haha! I'm on board with the meds theory regarding GD's nose bleed because it has been foreshadowed. It also looks like GD will now know about Grandma's sickness. We're going to be in a new kind of pain again haha. I can't wait hahaha. Thank you very much for going through this long post with me. I really enjoy everything about this drama so I'm letting it suck me into their world.

2 hours ago, gosq said:

so it seems that the dying CEO is the big bad guy, but till now he was not showed even during events right after building collapsed. It seems that YJ's brother took over during that time and he had to deal with all the problems ? do I remember correctly that he was the one who refused insurance money for GD's family ??

i couldn't watch 9th ep with subs, and now I'm at meeting at work reading your posts ^^

Thank you do much for all translations and info, it helps to survive day. This place is great, haha :)

Right - the old CEO is like a Shadow in the background. And yes - we haven´t seen him an any scene before. So - why do i feel like he used his son as a scarcrow to deal with all that persons and step up - telling him maybe he will be the one in power now - but told him for a long time what he has to do. Its not like YT behaves like he has a good relation with his Dad - And his Marriage was not YTs Idea too as I guess. Maybe (thas old KDrama Way) old CEO is responsible for YT loosing his first love too. Not sure if we need a real evel Guy here - but if - i like it a lot that the focus it not on him.

YT had to deal with the case from GDs Dad too - yes - but was it really his decission?

I agree - this place is so great!

@meguna

I will answer like this.. and again i feel we are so much the same watching it. I wanted to share the picture of the phone too but i forgot.. Saint Moon Soo - soooo cute.

For JW and MSs Dad - Dad is not the reason JWs Dad killed himself - he just became one more stepping stone in that situation and the last JW can remember. So it is of course hard for JW. The face brought back the memories he tries to hold back.

For the metapher - yes i felt the same - but i felt it more like - great - GD must feel like it is like that. It was not was MS was about to say - she will never even think about comparing GD to a Dog (lousy life). But what heard GD when he was listeniing without intention to do that.

I was heartbroken because we could see so often today how he fought against himself to leave her. Even in the starting scene - his body already moved to the side of MS after JW left - but he stopped himself - frustrated  - and left.

And that happend again and again... Her house - how could he go there after hearing that. But when she took his hand... omg... He was constantly fighting against his heart today.

The last scene was like he lost the fight - but its already too late. He knows so well how much he loves her. I wished her to at least scream out that she remember him now - and that she is sorry. But that would change the script. And i feel like he could not leave hearing that and leaving her alone with that kind of memory.

A big hello to friends here. I just have to write and share with you that I love this drama very much. It is a beautiful story with so much heart and many meaningful messages about life. How true that when someone goes through such a traumatic experience, it takes a long time to heal. The pain, the hurt, the fear, the guilt....living with misery, living and not living. 

Thank you for all the comments and analyses. I enjoyed reading them very much. 

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Here comes the post I need to write - I knew it when i watched today... I said it before and they hit the aim again today - WITH THE MUSIC . or better said - WITH THE LYRICS.

Without saying anything, for just a while, I´ll look at you

I´ll fill my heart with you a little more.

I didn´t know my eyes could be this happy  from looking at you

I didn´t know my hands could tremble so much from holding you

this love
Please let me stay with you a little longer

Please let me smile with you for even just one more day

My heart is becoming greedy like this

The wishes insides me keep getting bigger

Please let me breathe with you

Hello, could you tell me please which song is this? 

I'm looking for the name of that song from the first episodes, but I can't find it.

Archived