[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

In the scene for ep 7 when she asked  the younger sister not to show GD the  (brain tumor result of MRI)....

Granny always describes GD character so aptly.  She's seen GD grow with all the  pain of physical scars, emotional  struggles and of being alone.  She saw how GD suffered living alone hurting, working hard and she  did not miss to remind the sister about that.

"You oppa doesn't owe me anything anymore. He paid it all by living like that"

Aww. How will GD survive w/o her.  And I like Na Moon Hee as the grandma <3

Screen-Shot-2018-01-01-at-8.46.48-PM-800

Cr: soompi

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit late - but i am watching Drama Awards 2017 right now - Somehow I am a bit sad that JbL is not produced by one of the three Stations who will give out Awards on the end of the year.

So I can just be amazed how good Joon Ho is looking (not that I did not know this) and amused that he did won a Best Couple Award for Chief Kim. :tongue:

I am so happy that he won the Exellent Actor Award - I really need to watch Chief Kim - now I have see a few scenes. He deserves one for JbL - but what can we do. But he said thank you to the Rain and Shine Team. At least that....

Our Couple needs to get Awards - for best Acting and for best Couple.

The suffering when you feel that the Actors and Team don´t get the Love and Attention they deserve for creating a Masterpiece - for Ear - Eye - Heart and Soul!

30 minutes ago, darr said:

@jongski, I hope so. But why were the loan sharks after them again if he has paid all? That's what I don't understand.

He did not paid the Interest on Time - he was late by a Day.

No its not like he has no debt left - but I believe Granny collected the money and did not spend it to pay it for him - so he can live freely. When Granny left the buisness this other Guy took over - so GD have to pay him.

I wrote it here before - my feeling is that Granny lets GD pay and not give him the money because he promised to not die until he paid it all.

Well, I'll say it again. I love this drama.

5 Memorable Lines About Life, Pain, And Love From “Just Between Lovers”

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Just Between Lovers” has gripped viewers with its storyline and characters.

See Also: 2PM's Junho Holds Won Jin Ah After She Collapses In "Just Between Lovers"

“Just Between Lovers” tells the story of Kang Doo (2PM’s Junho) and Moon Soo (Won Jin Ah) who have a lot of pain from their past, but find healing and growth through each other.

Here are five memorable lines from the drama that give you a deep appreciation and different perspective on life, pain, regret, and love.

1. “Just because the sound of your cry is louder, it doesn’t mean your pain is greater.” (Episode 4)

Kang Doo struggled with auditory hallucinations after the accident, while Moon Soo didn’t remember anything from around the time of the accident. Seeing Moon Soo who couldn’t remember him, he wondered if he should tell her what happened or leave it alone. It appeared as though he envied her for not being able to remember anything.

However, Grandma (Na Moon Hee) who saw right through him said, “How do you know she’s okay? Just because the sound of your cry is louder, it doesn’t mean your pain is greater.” It was a meaningful line and reminder not to judge others’ pain according to our own standards.

2. “How are you going to compensate the lives of the people who had to live miserably?” (Episode 5)

When Kang Doo and Moon Soo were planning to proceed with the reestablishment of the memorial, the interest was focused on those who lost their lives in the accident. However, the families of the deceased who Kang Doo and Moon Soo met with were also left with wounds.

After Kang Doo met a family member who died never knowing if the son lived or died, he shouted, “Is it okay to forget about someone who lived and waited alone for 10 years not knowing if their son died? How are you going to compensate the lives of those people who who had to live miserably?”

The perspective widened to include not only those who died from the accident, but also those who were left with the grief and pain of losing someone.

3. “I wish feelings also wore out after 10 years and could be replaced with new ones.” (Episode 7)

There is no expiration date for pain. Pain comes in different forms and small mistakes push people down with guilt. Yoon Ok (Yoon Yoo Sun) regretted changing the silk thread that Yeon Soo (Han Seo Jin) had grabbed at her first birthday party for a mic. The silk thread symbolizes living a long life while a microphone symbolizes becoming a performer or artist. Moon Soo could understand this because she lived ridden with guilt over leaving her younger sibling, despite it being 10 years ago.

How great would it be if these feelings that grew and burdened us for years could be exchanged for new ones? Moon Soo’s narration that conveyed the pain and heavy emotions of the families of the deceased drew sympathy from viewers.

4. “Sad and painful things are always near us. We have to accept it.” (Episode 8)

Grandma didn’t try to force hope on Kang Doo when he said, “I don’t remember anything good from when I was young. I only remember the crappy things that happened later.” Instead, she passed on her words of wisdom and responded, “While waiting for the day when everything would be okay, I realized that that day doesn’t come. Don’t force things to happen and just let them be. Don’t worry. Sad and painful things are always near us. We have to accept it.”

Grandma’s way of comfort started at the brink of reality. Because she experienced life firsthand, she advised him to accept reality and to find his own version of happiness within it. She added, “You can meet a good person and live a fun life. You can do that.”

You can check the accompanying photos for the article source.

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/04/5-memorable-lines-life-pain-love-just-lovers/

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Somehow I am a bit sad that JbL is not produced by one of the three Stations who will give out Awards on the end of the year.

There are awards in Korea for all broadcasting companies. And there are some popular and awarded in Korea dramas of JTBC. So this is still a powerful and big company. 

And JunHo also won Asia Artist Awards's Best Celebrity Award for acting in  'Chef Kim'. If I'm not wrong, Asia Artist Awards doesn't belong to any drama broadcasting company.

p.s. I loved to hear JunHo mentioning JBL in his speeches at the awards.

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

One more person who deserve an Award... damn..

She is a gem! Loved her from the beginning. 

Her life story was short but filled with deep meanings.

Sometimes kdramas annoy the heck out of me but I also apply valuable lessons I learn here on my everyday life.  Whenever grandma talks,it's like she is speaking to me. Baaaad halmoni:lol:

I just finished watching episode 8 again.  The tragedy that binds them all.GD JW  experiencing the blame of others  because of their fathers. MS suffering from guilt

1.GD we learned his father sold some materials which attributed to the collapsed .. but of course we  know it's not that.  That investment guy remembered who he was.  Telling MS what his father did. JW, whose father  was blamed as he was the project manager for the building, JW had to  take all the blame shield and defend his father for more than 10 years even after his death.

2. MS  knew already who his father was  but doesn't know it GD was the one with her in the rubble. The one who eased her scary feelings being trapped and alone. Who sang that song, who shared stories of World cup and football. She has no idea.

I always feel sad for GD and esp in this episode, I felt it even more. I love this drama  and so I hope there won't be love triangle! I don't like it when the story is eaten up by love triangles. It could veer away from the main point of the story. I still don't like YT character as well as his sister. 

Lee Junho and rookie actress Won Jon Ah shows good acting esp  during poignant scenes. I like that it's not to be over the top but just string in a way as they portray how their characters emotions are.

Can any chingus here tell me about the bgm music for below scenes when GD was talking to MS father.  That sound is so familiar but not sure for which classic kdrama I heard that.

IG ctto

@jongski, do u know JW would have been worst than these two had he not been shielded and an adult as at that time. His pains are too much. All the dead people and whatever that followed were heaped on his father's head invariably on his head too. Most times his eyes are so empty and blank. How is he gonna fight against that family. 

That reminds me, isn't the chairman the bad guy who cuts corners? Why did his mum go to him. That family is bad. The son and daughter have no manners and look down on people below them. Knowing that ur mum is the mistress of the man or family who killed ur dad is one of the worst nightmares ever.

I don't know how it is in other cultures but what she is doing or did is impossible in my culture. I thought Korean culture is family oriented so where are their family members to caution her. She can date any other man but not their enemy else she will be accused of having hand in the death of her husband so she will be free to date the chairman and society will not treat her well even though we know she is innocent. Family members tend to appear a lot in family dramas or rich background type of drama. And sometimes the family members that appear are always there to cause trouble. 

Also I noticed that most of the time the dad's always run away leaving the family when things go downhill. Or the children at a very early age will start taking care of the family or paying debt incurred by the parents. Why are they always in debt? I'm an avid fan  of hello counsellor and all these cases we see in dramas happen in real life. Another thing that bother me is their use of words. They don't talk much(I actually like it)but when they talk, it smells and cut deep to the marrow. That's why grandma is seen as a rare gem doing what ordinarily somebody her age will do or say. Use of words in kdrama reflects their use of words in real life and one wonders why Korea has the highest suicide rate in the world. I can say that Korean society is very rigid and it's affecting their everyday life.  

I watch variety shows more than dramas and I can tell u even the so called variety show celebrities use very hurtful words on one another. 

I'm actually ranting because I find somethings happening on this drama and some others I have watched very worrisome.

Eg what right has GD sister to rash out at him and he is condoning it cos he has only her?  If GD hadnt been working his butts off, she wouldnt be on white. There is something we call tough love. Reprimand her and still show her love. In real life she will end up being very snobbish and will never respect her brother. 

O well, it's still kdrama and I love watching but..

Deja vu....

December going to Jan 2017 I said JTBC Solomon's Perjury fav drama (along with  OMG). 

And now same thing happening.

December  going to Jan 2018 JTBC Just Between Lovers fav drama ( along with MF)

This is more than just melo romance drama. It's more about comfort and healing after a tragedy.

Knowing that someone has gone and through suffered same situation losing family member. 

GD and MS who has endured the trauma of horrible accident. :(

Applause for these two actors wonderful acting. Their expression of vulnerability.

DR9yfHPVQAAD3lp.jpg

ctto

@darr, that is the exact reason I don't watch Korean variety shows, they either act immature (even 10 years old kid wouldn't act that way in my country) or they keep taunting each other from their physical appearance to their personal lives, I don't even find those funny. hey either prefer badass or sassy, why can't there be middle ground!! I tried watching Knowing Bros because its so popular for being funny but I just couldn't and I don't even go near hello counsellor, many times they don't even solve the issue properly. 

I love dramas more as they try to portray the real Korea like this drama without making it look colourful and hence I can draw closer connection of Korea with my own country. I somehow feel Korean reality shows are more scripted than their dramas.

Regarding JW's mom, even JW thought all these years that his mom compromised herself and hence married the chairmanfor his well-being, I don't think they have any relatives, if they did have then when they din't come to their rescue in the crisis and with what right would they blame her for surviving somehow even if its with their enemy!! 

16 minutes ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

@darr, that is the exact reason I don't watch Korean variety shows, they either act immature (even 10 years old kid wouldn't act that way in my country) or they keep taunting each other from their physical appearance to their personal lives, I don't even find those funny. hey either prefer badass or sassy, why can't there be middle ground!! I tried watching Knowing Bros because its so popular for being funny but I just couldn't and I don't even go near hello counsellor, many times they don't even solve the issue properly. 

I love dramas more as they try to portray the real Korea like this drama without making it look colourful and hence I can draw closer connection of Korea with my own country. I somehow feel Korean reality shows are more scripted than their dramas.

You just spoke out my opinion. Same here, I don't watch korean variety shows for same reason.

Something I am a bit confused about kdramas bts is that they almost always smile or laugh after a very serious or emotional scene after hearing "cut!". I thought to act naturally they need to concentrate and when they do so it's not possible to change the right emotions just in one second as soon as camera stops filming.  At least this is what I've learned from my country's bts of filming.

For me it seems like they are not serious about their character and acting. But from other hand, JinAh and JunHo's acting is still very natural even though they have completely different mood and laugh out of screen...

Archived