[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

I liked both episodes, especially the second one. An interesting story and characters.

But I dont know if I can be on Jang Hyuk, that is, PJs side in this drama.

The things he does are too cruel. A shame because I like this main actor, and he looks perfect in this drama.

• Like 6

Hi everyone! I'm DramaFan or It'smeDF on twitter :) also from Stuck on Hyuk blog. I know I've talked with some of you in other places. While I don't write often on Soompi I always read you on Jang Hyuk's thread (excellent work @Prettysup) and now here. 

I noticed that the last scene of Ep2 was translated a bit inaccurately and has created some confusion. So I want to share with you, this translation by my friend Gumi who is a native speaker: 

"You already think this is unbearable? With that hand (and the screen showed Jung Malan's hand right at this moment), you will pull your eyes off, tear your flesh off, and choke yourself to death. Until then, you should stay strong, Jung Malan."

BTW I loved that scene. It was schocking impressive and it totally sold me this drama. This is the fastest I've gotten obsessed with a Jang Hyuk drama ❤️

Saturday please come!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Hi everyone! I'm DramaFan or It'smeDF on twitter :) also from Stuck on Hyuk blog. I know I've talked with some of you in other places. While I don't write often on Soompi I always read you on Jang Hyuk's thread (excellent work @Prettysup) and now here. 

I noticed that the last scene of Ep2 was translated a bit inaccurately and has created some confusion. So I want to share with you, this translation by my friend Gumi who is a native speaker: 

"You already think this is unbearable? With that hand (and the screen showed Jung Malan's hand right at this moment), you will pull your eyes off, tear your flesh off, and choke yourself to death. Until then, you should stay strong, Jung Malan."

BTW I loved that scene. It was schocking impressive and it totally sold me this drama. This is the fastest I've gotten obsessed with a Jang Hyuk drama ❤️

Saturday please come!

Hi @dramafan33 . We've talked earlier. :) Thanks for clarifying because I was also struggling to understand the significance of KPJ's last lines in ep 2.

In the opening scene of ep1 when KPJ was aiming at his wall of vengeance there was a flashback scene in which a woman in funeral attire(I guess JMR her hands looked like Lee Mi Sook's) was also scratching her hand. KPJ clearly remembers her habit(or maybe she has atopy) from that day. Maybe that's why he looked extra murderous in the hugging scene.

Now if we think about it writer has revealed almost all of the mysteries behind the background of KPJ and source of his wrath. The show was quiet fast paced for first two episodes. I'm curious what writer wants to explore in the remaining episodes but also my bad past experiences with the dramas where writing goes haywire with episodes give me worry.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Saturday please come!

Oh my! Thank you for this.

yup I knew the ‘trivial pain’ was for JML. 

And now I understand the other portion. It was all targeted at JML becos that was the only person (his target for revenge) by far that was revealed to us (viewers). 

JH rocks in this role. I really love him playing the badass hahaha!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Saturday please come!

Hiya nice to see u posting here ... wow so his plan is for JMR to cause her own downfall and death ! Looking forward to it !!

• Like 5

Money Flower - Understanding the relationship at a glance

MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower' was broadcast last Saturday with  two consecutive episodes, and it had a smooth start with the audience ratings reaching 12.7%. 

It is a drama about the stories of those who live in the illusion that they are dominating money, but actually they are consumed by money. If you understand the relationship of the characters in advance, you can easily immerse yourself in the fast-paced drama as you are using each other with the entangled stories of those filled with desires and drawing the stories of those who are used.

♦ 'Boundary of Love and Desire' Jang Hyuk - Park Se-young - Jang Seung Jo

- Kang Pil-Joo (Jang Hyuk) - Na Mo-Hyun (Park Se-young): 

Kang Pil-joo was Na Mo-hyuns first love when she was a child. Na Mo-hyun was also the life saver of Kang Pil-joo who nearly died in the lake. However, Na Mo-Hyun does not recognize Kang Pil-joo  as she did not know his real name. Kang Pil-joo uses Na Mo-Hyun for his desire and revenge, and manipulates her marriage with Jang Boo-cheon. "I am trying to suppress my mind when I feel my heart towards Na Mo Hyun without knowing myself."

- Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung Jo) - Nam Mo Hyun (Park Se-young):

I can not just give up the chairmanship to Jang Yul-cheon. The only way to overcome Jang Yul - cheon  is to marry Na Mo-Hyun, the daughter of the next presidential candidate. So Jang Boo-cheon decided to become a puppet and allows Kang Pil-joo to manipulate the love with Na Mo-hyun. 

♦ Between multiple targets and 'faithful dog'

- Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi Sook) - Kang Pil-Joo (Jang Hyuk):

Kang Pil-joo is a faithful dog who helps to to realize Jung Mal-ran and her son Jang Boo-cheon's desires. However, when it is really in crisis, the secretly approaching Kang Pil-joo gives the atmosphere of 'Yeonnam' beyond the dog. It is a person who pretends not to pretend not to miss, but to a real person who relies a lot on Kang Pil-joo. However, Kang Pil-joo is really after her for revenge. As a young child, she tried to kill his mother and his younger brother because of they are her husband 's out - of - wedlock children. 

- Kang Pil Joo (Jang Hyuk) - Jang Bucheon (Jang Seung Jo):

If Jung Mal-Ran is a direct target for revenge, Jang Boo-cheon is a tool for Kang Pil-joo to realize his plan. Kang Pil-joo , who got to know Jang Boo-cheon at a childhood accidental occasion, sought out somewhere between a dog and a friend who removed Jang Boo-cheon. Jang Boo-cheon is a coward, who is displeased with his cynical and confident attitude but thinks he is a dog that can be thrown away at any time.

♦ Emotions of desire to bloom elsewhere

Yoon Seo Won (Han Sook Hee):

Yoon Seo Won, who was a staff member at the headquarters lobby of the Cheong-A Group, had been in a secret relationship with Jang Boo-cheon. But in the meantime, Jang Boo-cheon needs to maryry Na Mo-Hyun and hides his lover to keep his position. However, Jang Boo-cheon is a golden spoon that can never be given up.

1510816433_161961.jpg

http://chicnews.mk.co.kr/article.php?aid=1510816433161961006

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Saturday please come!

Hi DF, nice to see you here, and thanks for the translation.  Now it makes sense to me the last scene.  Can't wait for Sunday for the subs on the the new episodes.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Oh ya u could be right.

The kid and teenage KPJ actually look quite alike! The teenage KPJ was the one that acted in BM right? He look so much younger here.

Yes. Teenage KPJ is the one from BM ( bro of PSD).

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Saturday please come!

@dramafan33 Thanks for correcting. I think I posted that quote which I just copied  verbatim from the subtitle of the drama. I'm not sure who does the Money Flower subs for JTBC  :)

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I liked both episodes, especially the second one. An interesting story and characters.

The things he does are too cruel. A shame because I like this main actor, and he looks perfect in this drama.

@rocher22  He's manipulative. His mind is set on revenge. After accidentally meeting young JBC during teenage years, befriend him  hearing he was the grandson of A Cheong chairman. 

And looks like  KPJ plotting the downfall of JML. The two characters I mostly feel sorry for of course NMH and JBC. The latter, it's just I like him in a way that I think he's a good guy but he's slow and spoiled. Plus he's the younger half brother of KPJ. I don't think JBC will fall deeply in love with MNH it doesn't seem to be his personality. Plus he likes the receptionist girl.  And NMH, we know  she has a first love, so she'll never fall in love with JBC. KPJ is keeping his feelings intact for her. he's hell bent on revenge but until when will he be dead cold and manipulative. He's going t have a weakness, it's probably be her

In a way I'm having sorry feeling for JML this early.  The chairman  is not fond of her and her son JBC. So to keep getting the right for the son.. she keeps on holding on and trying to make sure JBC get something at least. Little did she know that  KPJ also plotting against her.  In been said already  quite  a few times in this thread but yes, Lee Mi Sook, the actress playing JML has strong aura in this drama.

Waiting 2 episodes again this Saturday. I actually like the  format.

• Like 5

NMH and JBC are going to have a Son. Given NMH’s character, I would think that she will eventually love JBC to bear him a child. After which she will realise that KPJ was her first love And even worse if she knows that KPJ knows that too and yet set her up with JBC. I don’t see how the story can get NMH and KPJ together in the end because there is going to be a child. Unless the child is not NMH and JBC child. 

• Like 5

On 17/11/2017 at 8:42 AM, rocher22 said:

I don't think he is totally bad. Just too bad his brother JBC turns out to be a cheater, bet he will regret matching NMH to him. 

found this- 2 male leads

Glad more people watching this drama- tonight will be interesting 

Though I don't like NMH to marry JBC I like to see their wedding cos Sy looks beautiful in wedding dress 

• Like 4

'Money Flower' Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo sweep the house with a kiss.

MBC weekend special drama 'Money flower' released pictures of female lead Park Se - young (Na Mo - Hyun ) and Jang Seung - Jo (Jang Boo-cheon) kissing ahead of episodes 3 and 4 to be broadcasted on the 18th Nov. 

The background of the photo is the rooftop of a building that reenacted the 2002 Korea-Japan World Cup. Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo showed a cheerful date wearing red devil T-shirts.

On the same day, Park Se-yong presented 'Forget 2002' for Jang Seung-jo. The cheering date was a sweet kiss. The two looked at each other hotly and shared a kiss. I felt a warmer and enthusiastic affection than the World Cup cheers.

The visual chemistry was also different. Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo created a moody atmosphere that resembles a real lover.

Character digestive power was also outstanding. Park was a loving and warm Na Mo-hyun. Although Jang Seung-geo is in a hurry, he attracted the chaebol 3-year-old Jang Boo-cheon to stimulate maternal love.

'Money Flower' depicts the desire and love of the human group around the main character Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk), who holds the power of the big business (ChungA group) in his bottom life.

Park Se-young, Kang Pil-joo's first love Na Mo Hyun and Jang Seung-Joo took on the role of best friend and master, Jang Boo-choen. The two are going to be perfect couples in a three-time broadcast, according to the Kang Pil-joo's plan.

UFO Productions, the production company of "Money flower," said, "Through the kissing kisses, love of Na Mo Hyun and Jang Boo-cheon becomes hot, and please watch the charming love line of" money flower "which can be unpredictable.

2017111901001631100118012.jpg

2017111901001631100118011.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201711190100163110011801&servicedate=20171118

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Need to add some pics to the above post :

Money Flower Episode 1-2 Thoughts

money-flower-ep1-2-banner-kdramadreamer.

I did it. I’m slowly coming back into the world of kdramas. What better way to do so then to watch a Jang Hyuk drama?

Money Flower has some definite potential. Despite feeling slightly lost, especially in the first episode, what really struck me was the characters. We have yet to learn a lot about everyone, but I think they did a really good job at making us want understand the narrative of the main leads and supporting roles.

Read complete blog in the link posted  by @kohnlee above.

Do leave a comment to show some support if u can :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

New stills

"Charismatic catwalk" ... 'Money Flower' Jang Hyuk VS Lee Mi Sook, meaningful encounter

[Sports Chosun.com] 'Money flower' Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook attracted  audience with strong acting power.

MBC weekend special project 'money flower' (written by Lee Myung -hee, director Kim Hee-won) released photos of the main characters Jang Hyuk (Kang Pil Joo) and Lee Mi-sook (Jung Mak-ran ) ahead of broadcasting (episodes 3-4) on 18th Nov.

The background of the photo is a reed field along  the Imjin River. A meaningful meeting of Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook was found. The atmosphere of the two actors is tense.

Jang Hyuk has been ignoring Lee Mi-sook's gaze. On the other hand, Lee Mi-sook gazed at Jang Hyuk with her charismatic eyes.

The acting power of both actors can be seen in photographs alone. Jang Hyuk was able to fully digest his character with his massive eyes and concentration. Lee Mi-sook also showed an overwhelming charisma and presence.

“Money Flower” is the epic story of desire, revenge and love centered on the main character Kang Pil-Joo (Jang Hyuk), who holds the power of big business (ChungA group) in his bottom life. Kang Pil Joo is a tangible line of the innkeeper, and it is inseparable from the real mother of the child. The object of the ultimate revenge of Kang Pil-joo is really the thing.

According to the filmmaker, the scene is an important point that heightens dramatic tension. It is the moment when the main character Kang Pil-Joo (Jang Hyuk-min) tries to hide his first love for Na Mo Hyun (Park Se-young).

The production company UFO Productions said, "We are impressed by both the outstanding performances of Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook and the digestive power of characters, and we hope to see exciting developments and achievements of both actors."

2017111901001638100118561.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201711190100163810011856&ServiceDate=20171118

• Like 5