[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Lee Mi Sook is certainly stealing the show with her strong screen presence. Looking forward to see more scenes of her with Jang Hyuk ! 

I noticed that too. She's got the aura around her.

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I wonder will Jang Kook Hwan live to celebrate his 100th birthday on the CheongA Tower? Or will KPJ plot to kill him before then ?

I feel the old man will die and  he'l make his move.

But I think another brief flashback is needed  with young KPJ and JBC ( that's jbc right?). Remember during the flashback, when he tried to rescue then young JBC from thugs, afterwards he on his knees a and said to him will you be my friend?  So was he planning this revenge  during that age.  Which is probably the reason why he helped him escape.

• Like 6

I think KPJ 's revenge plan is to steal Cheong Ah Group. He helps Cheong A grows more and more and then snatch it from everyone.

Everyone is so obsessed over Cheong A. Imagine if later he owns everything they all will go crazy.

He does not target only JMR I think he hates everyone in Jang Family. Now he is using JMR and JBC because he knows these two want to inherit Cheong A so much. And they are too dependent on him.

Remember him saying to JBC while in the prison that "..I am more greedy than you ever think..  ..from head to toe.. " something like that. I think he does not want their lives he wants their wealth.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Woo, that's a big ambition haha....  well, maybe not so much as falling in love with him, but certainly not a life without him.  

Ya I think so too. To make JMR very dependent on him. 

4 hours ago, nyk said:

I think KPJ 's revenge plan is to steal Cheong Ah Group. He helps Cheong A grows more and more and then snatch it from everyone.

Everyone is so obsessed over Cheong A. Imagine if later he owns everything they all will go crazy.

He does not target only JMR I think he hates everyone in Jang Family. Now he is using JMR and JBC because he knows these two want to inherit Cheong A so much. And they are too dependent on him.

Remember him saying to JBC while in the prison that "..I am more greedy than you ever think..  ..from head to toe.. " something like that. I think he does not want their lives he wants their wealth.

Yes, he did remind JBC that he is greedy Lol. Not too sure if he plotted the revenge was he was younger but I’m very curious who rescued them and what happened thereafter.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But I don't get this thing in the revange dramas that why do the protagonists have to design such elaborate plans for their targets.

I mean Kang Pil Joo can just secretly take JMR and her good for nothing son on the bank of river and can repeatedly dunk their heads in the water with help of his bespectacled friend.

Hmmm so that we have a drama to watch hahahaha! 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But I don't get this thing in the revange dramas that why do the protagonists have to design such elaborate plans for their targets.

I mean Kang Pil Joo can just secretly take JMR and her good for nothing son on the bank of river and can repeatedly dunk their heads in the water with help of his bespectacled friend.

Nah that will not be fun, and they have to go to jail for murders.

The best type of revenge is that type that can escape the law.

9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

In the series, she is suppose to be of the same age /era as KPJ mother isn't? 

Yes both KPJ and JBC are the same age, so their mothers will be in the same age/era.

• Like 4

Saw someone mention on another forum the significance of this rooftop scene. It is to explain that grandpa Jang is not one who will recognize his blood ties. Hence KPJ cannot go straight up to him and tell him that he is his long-lost grandson and claim his inheritance directly.

157426_148878_0004.jpg

• Like 5

Even if KPJ tells him straight that he is the eldest grandson, the old man will not take it at face value. Show me what u can do first then we talk later. Yup that rooftop scene already tell us that as Long as u are not competent, so what if u are my Son.

And I’m not sure if I’ve shared this. My favourite line in the drama so far is ... JBC said this to KPJ: Use words, don’t use your eyes to curse me.

hahahahahaha - such intense gaze 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Even if KPJ tells him straight that he is the eldest grandson, the old man will not take it at face value. Show me what u can do first then we talk later. Yup that rooftop scene already tell us that as Long as u are not competent, so what if u are my Son.

And I’m not sure if I’ve shared this. My favourite line in the drama so far is ... JBC said this to KPJ: Use words, don’t use your eyes to curse me.

hahahahahaha - such intense gaze 

Haha KPJ doesn't need words, his gaze alone can fry you dead.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

50 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha KPJ doesn't need words, his gaze alone can fry you dead.

Hahah!! Love his interaction with JBC. KPJ shot daggers and curse at him with his eyes, punched him and got him to fight with the cousin over him...what a cool guy!! Hahaha!

• Like 5

Sharing an article published today. (Google translation)

Expensive organizing <money flower>

[TV Review] Weekend Drama Coming Out Two times in a row on Saturday ... 12.7% start smoothly

[OhMyNews: Kim Jong Sung, editor: Choi Yoo-jin] 

There was often a 'special arrangement' to broadcast one or two episodes to boost up their drama. It is not hard to find such examples such as SBS <The Winter, The Wind Breaks> (2013), KBS2 <The Sun is Full> (2014), SBS <The Lovers of the Moon> (2016) and SBS <Simeang> (2017). Continuous broadcasting is a kind of competition to enhance the enthusiasm of viewers and to stand out among the competition. However, continuous broadcasting does not necessarily guarantee success. Rather, the probability of failure was high (at least in viewership).

The MBC <Money Flower>, which met with viewers for the first time on November 11, also selected broadcasting one or two consecutive times. The result was successful. <Money Flower> made a good start with 10.3% (based on Nielsen Korea) once and 12.2% on the second, recording double-digit ratings. However, there is a considerable difference between the <money flower> and the example mentioned above. 1, and 2 consecutive broadcasts are not a temporary strategy but continue to be broadcast on 'Saturday only' twice. It breaks up the typical drama of the weekend and it is a very unusual combination that shocks the entire drama system. 

It would be a burden to broadcast twice a day in a certain way. Even so, it is not easy to watch the drama for two hours in a row for viewers who have been accustomed to the pattern of watching one hour over two days. Therefore, the bold combination of <money flower> is a challenge that can not be established without content. However, <Money Flower> not only received audience ratings, but also the reaction of viewers. What is the driving force? I can not help but to mention the cheerful story structure and the acting of Jang Hyuk who plays the role of Kang PilJoo.

<Money Flower> talks about the desire and love of human beings in the background of the chaebol 'Cheongjae.' The conflict that is revealed on the surface is the 'succession struggle'. Cheong Wa Dae chairman Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae) trusts his eldest son Youngran (Mi-suk) and his son Jeong Bucheon (Jang Seung-joo) and trusts his second son Jang Seong-man (Sunwoo Jae-deok) and his son Jang Yeo-cheon.Unlike Jang Bucheon, which is like a shoemaker, Jang Yeecheon has taken many rights to the media because of his wife. If so, it is a matter of time before the succession of Chungah Group is returned to Jeon Bucheon, not Jang Bucheon. 

Meanwhile, Kang Pil-soo, a former orphan-born lawyer who comes to the executive office of the Chung-A group's legal team, presents a "marriage of justice". He is to get  Na mo Hyun (Park Se-young) and Jeon Bucheon, the daughter of the next presidential candidate, Na Ki-cheol (Park Ji-il) to marry each other.Therefore, it is Kang Pil-shik's plan to build the "Chung-a Tower", a desire of Chairman Chang-kuk. The problem is that Na Mohyun is a romantic person who pursues 'fateful love'. In order to change her mind to  fall for jangbuchun who is a chaebol, he makes a plot to create' destiny '.This superficial conflict in capturing the minds of viewers may have been enough, but <Money Flower> prepared one more weapon to give it an edge. It is' Kang  PilJoo  's vengefulness'. I wonder if Kang - pil has been in  the group for revenge. The subject was surprisingly Zhang Malan. 

As you know, Kang Pil-dong was the vice president of the Chung-A group. However, after the death of his father, Jang Malan tried to kill Kang Pil-soo's mother and his younger brother, and PilJoo  'infiltrated' her group to repay the grudge. In other words, Kang Pil Joo was a hidden grandson of Chang Kook - hwan. He was not a 'servant' but a 'master'. Chaebol, revenge, the secret of birth. <Money Flower> has all the elements of a successful Korean drama, and not to mention Kang Pil-Joo and Namo Hyun's 'Love' . 

Let's talk about Jang Hyuk. There is a saying, "Janghyuk who believes in seeing", but on the other hand, it is true that there is a pity about the style of acting. It may be due to the influence of KBS2. There was a joke saying 'Jang Hyuk's acting is converging on Daegil Lee'. It is true that he has excellent acting skills, but viewers tend to see ' Daegil  shadow in scenes where he shouts or  showing anger.

However, in  <Money Flower>, Jang Hyuk showed off his intense charisma, but he did not overact. In addition, he has completely expressed the complicated character of Kangpilgu who runs to desire while hiding revenge and love. His 'eyes' is his strength. JH is able to convey the emotions of his character extremely well through his eyes, thus drawing viewers into the story. It is not uncomfortable factors such as Park Se-young's awkward acting, but <money flower> is successfully leading the competition. There is no doubt that Janghyuk is at the center. 
Source:http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=047&aid=0002168484

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahah!! Love his interaction with JBC. KPJ shot daggers and curse at him with his eyes, punched him and got him to fight with the cousin over him...what a cool guy!! Hahaha!

I love the dynamics between KPJ and JBC. They are so fun to watch together. The scene in the car SPOILER: reminded me little bit of drama Thank You where JH asks Shin Sung-Rok to drive the car even though he was supposed to be his servent. The way he rests his head on the car seat and goes to sleep just like KPJ and asks SSR to drive because his body was too weak to drive.:tongue:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

This BTS video between KPJ and JBC has Chinese subs.Basically they were rehearsing the scene which a drunken JBC enters KPJ's room. And KPJ practises using the office equipment. When JBC puts his arm around KPJ, the latter said that "I am not interested in guys" haha... you can hear the lady director laughing too.

https://www.facebook.com/JangHyukFans/

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Another BTS video of KPJ and JBC with Chinese subs. Here KPJ is consoling JBC that in the eyes of his grandfather, there are only 2 types of people, those who are useful to Cheong-A, and the rest. JBC says that is that consoling him or scolding him? JH says that yes, he got the point! And JH says that the line which JBC says he will not do a full bow during his grandfather's funeral is so funny, that the Jang family really has problem.

https://www.facebook.com/JangHyukFans/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

News description of the stills posted above.

Jang Hyuk - Park Se - young - Jang Seung-jo first encounter "Fatal triangle relationship"

MBC weekend special project 'money flower' (written Lee Myung-hee, director Kim Hee-won, production UFO Productions) released still photographs of the main characters Jang Hyuk (Kang Pil-joo), Park Se-young (Na Mo-hyun), and Jang Seung-Jo (Jang Boo-cheon).

"Money flower" depicts the desire and love of the human race that is dominated by money, centering on Kang Pil-joo  (Jang Hyuk), who grasps the power of the big business (Cheong-a Group) in the bottom line.

Kang Pil-joo is a character who controls love for desire. He plans to sacrifice Na Mo-hyun, his first love, and his best friend Jang Boo-cheon a third-generation chaebol, and make them a couple.

The photo released by the production crew will be broadcasted on the 18th Nov. Kang Pil-joo and Jang Boo-cheon visited Na Mo-hyun's coffee shop, which is  a scene created to meet Na mo-hyun by chance.

In the photograph, Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo look at each other with a smile. The atmosphere was good, even though there was no planned third party meeting. The tense tension behind laughter caught my eye.

The acting power of the main character Jang Hyuk was outstanding. 180 degrees and other Janus charm. I hid myself and smiled and instantly exposed my beast-like eyes. The expression of the dramas and the dramas stimulated the curiosity of viewers.

Park Se-young became a blend with the Na Mo-Hyun character. It was a bright and healthy Na Mo-hyun that dreamed of destiny. Jang Seung-jo's irresistible charm attracted attention. 

"The first trilogy of Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo opens the door of the deadly triangle," said Yoon, the producer of the "money flower."

On the other hand, Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young, Jang Seung-jo, Lee Mi-sook, Lee Soon-jae and Han So-hee appear. Lee Myung-hee, who wrote 'Air City' and 'Jang Young-sil', wrote a play and directed Kim Hee-won PD who participated in 'Golden Pouch' and 'Gorgeous Temptation'. Two consecutive episodes are broadcast every Saturday at 8:45 pm.

JSzZ2n8NGEnX636463372836432989.jpg

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/moneyflower/news/

• Like 6

Lee Mi-Sook transformed into a 'flower of a chaebol'.

In MBC’s new weekend special drama “Money Flower”, Lee Mi-sook’s strong performance as a lady in the chaebol group attracted the attention of viewers.

In the first and second episodes of the drama 'Money Flower', which was first broadcasted on Saturday, 11th Nov, Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi-sook) was drawn into Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk)’s plan to marry her son Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung Jo) and Na Mo Hyun (Park Se-young).

She showed her strong presence as a arrogant key figure in her first appearance in the Cheong-A group. In order to overcome the crisis of being ousted by her father-in-law, the 'marriage plan' proposed by Kang Pil-joo was put into practice immediately, and the last scene that showed Kang Pil-joo's mother' s death was too creepy.

Lee Mi-sook is a kind of charismatic personality that emits a bloody charisma every time it breaks down, as a hostess in the family of Jangs who are captivated by desire.

MBC 's new weekend drama' Money Flower ' is broadcasted twice every Saturday at 8:45 night.

662224971_e2WTtiaD_EC9DB4EBAFB8EC8899_01

http://www.dailytoday.co.kr/news/view.php?idx=14003

• Like 2