[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Korean netizens comments of episode 1-2:

"Money Flower" Jang Hyuk - playing with chaebol and politician within his hands ... the beginning of infatuation

1. [+1085 -32]  This is really interesting. Jang Hyuk is the eldest grandson. He is pretending to submit now for the sake of revenge

2. [+855 -44] Really interesting, Jang Hyuk's acting is crazy

3. [+781 -30] The atmosphere is overwhelming. The last scene, in order to take revenge for his mother, he hides his identity as the grandson to climb upwards.

4. [+522 -20] Even the OST is daebak

5. [+251 -13] This is actually from MBC ... (MBC) has hope  ...  Really attention-grabbing, every scene has great impact, the pace is very fast, the actings are all great

6. [+213 -7] It has been a long time since we get a good quality weekend drama. Although it is still about revenge, it has been long since we see a male-centric revenge drama. Obviously Jang Hyuk entered the company with the intention of taking revenge.

7. [+195 -2]  I watched today, and I agree with the broadcast of 2 episodes consecutively. The degree of immersion is not to be joked, Jang Hyuk's acting is impressive !

8. [+172 -5]  Have not seen a drama like this for a long time. I can strongly feel the masculine flame of desire.  MBC has put its heart into this. Jang Hyuk acting and charisma are zzang, it feels totally different from his character in "Voice".

0003659113_001_20171111230604267.jpg?typ

http://m.entertain.naver.com/comment/list?oid=109&aid=0003659113

• Like 7

Just finished both episodes too. Very glad the flashback to KPJ's past is short and interesting. First time I see tofu with gold leaf served on a silver platter- sign of the really rich.

The servants and furnishings of the house are impressive, the clothing and accessories very classy. Very fast we learn that KPJ and JBC are half brothers so KPJ is the eldest of the 3.

So KPJ has a crush on NMH so he spy on her- hope we see more love scenes 

Sy's dresses, makeup  and hair styles are great - makes her so pretty 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Just finished watching 2 eps with subs and I must say that the drama has really  exceeded my expectations in terms of the plot and cinematography. I like it that JH's role is that of a manipulative man who does everything with his revenge agenda at the back of his mind. But when you watch what he has gone through, you can't help but feel sympathy for him. He is such a complex character. I love the scene when young KPJ  jumped into the water to commit suicide  and he saw his mother and himself and his little brother under the water....it is such a sad and touching moment..especially when his mum pushed the two young kids up with all her might while she sunk deeper as a result...  I feel that JH's acting seemed to have gone up a notch higher again! The tone of his voice, the subtle change of his expressions, he has such a riveting and magnetic screen presence... it's like I might miss something in his acting  if I look away.  Not to mention, he is so hot and charming  in the show! !!:)

So the 'father' whose ashes he was carrying into the lake must be his foster-father after both his real parents passed away right ?

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So the 'father' whose ashes he was carrying into the lake must be his foster-father after both his real parents passed away right ?

I think so maybe KPJ survived from the water because the man helped him and took care of him since young. 

and I wonder about the male assistant of Jung Mal-Ran. He seems to care about her so much like telling KPJ to comfort her. Maybe he also hides some secrets. 

by the way if NMH is married with JBC already , will it be possible for KPJ and NMH to be together at the end?  :o

or later they will divorce? haha  I hope it's a happy ending. Please make KPJ happy.

The drama is good. Can't wait for next week. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, nyk said:

I think so maybe KPJ survived from the water because the man helped him and took care of him since young. 

and I wonder about the male assistant of Jung Mal-Ran. He seems to care about her so much like telling KPJ to comfort her. Maybe he also hides some secrets. 

by the way if NMH is married with JBC already , will it be possible for KPJ and NMH to be together at the end?  :o

or later they will divorce? haha  I hope it's a happy ending. Please make KPJ happy.

The drama is good. Can't wait for next week. 

Perhaps his mother and little brother who fell into the waters got rescued and didn't die too?

Well not only will NMH marry JBC later, they will also have a son together haha... Maybe they get a divorce later or maybe JBC died?? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Perhaps his mother and little brother who fell into the waters got rescued and didn't die too?

Oh that would be real plot twisted. 

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Well not only will NMH marry JBC later, they will also have a son together haha... Maybe they get a divorce later or maybe JBC died?? 

Yeah thinking about it makes me even sadder. I think later NMH will hate KPJ too right? First love turns enemy...

The background music that comes every time for the scenes of KPJ and NMH sounds so sad.. 

and I actually feel bad for JBC some times haha  He is incompetent but I think he has a good heart though. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gerry58 said:

Sy's dresses, makeup  and hair styles are great - makes her so pretty 

I like PSY since I saw her in Beautiful Mind for the first time. To be honest I liked her better than Park So Dam there. Not because I dislike PSD but because PSY looked better with JH. I think PSY is a good actress and she deserves to be a lead actress. I can't believe talented young actresses are forced to play second fiddle to charmless, talentless, expressionless so called 'pretty' lasses. I think PSY has a lovely distinguishable face and her facial expressions are really good. 

I only saw first episode of the drama and I'm not expecting much from the writer though like the PD. So Kang Pil Joo is so much into his revange plot that he doesn't mind destroying life of an innocent young woman. I don't know how to like the lead character in such case. I mean if Na Mo Hyun was accidently caught in his web than I would have felt sorry for him but here he is blissfully stalking  her and making her fall in love with that feeble JBC. What did she do to deserve this?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I feel that JH's acting seemed to have gone up a notch higher again! The tone of his voice, the subtle change of his expressions, he has such a riveting and magnetic screen presence... it's like I might miss something in his acting  if I look away.  Not to mention, he is so hot and charming  in the show! !!:)

I believe JH is so much more than he gets to show on the screen. Unforntunately he mostly gets casted as a cold, flawed, and tragic man who has the weight of the past on his shoulders. His real life personality is completely different. He is quiet charming, sweet and adorkable (though a bit random lols). (I even wonder how does he manage to exude so much charisma on the screen.) When will he get to show that side of him I don't know. Why do writer continously want to him to play an unlikable character I don't know.

I kind of liked first episode. The PD did great job but still the drama is full of most of the cliches of the k-dramaland. I hope writer focuses more on the relationships and development of the characters and less on corporational and family feuds. We have 22 more episodes to go and writing can become weary midway. 

I'm still not sure what the main theme of this drama really is.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I like PSY since I saw her in Beautiful Mind for the first time. To be honest I liked her better than Park So Dam there. Not because I dislike PSD but because PSY looked better with JH. I think PSY is a good actress and she deserves to be a lead actress. I can't believe talented young actresses are forced to play second fiddle to charmless, talentless, expressionless so called 'pretty' lasses. I think PSY has a lovely distinguishable face and her facial expressions are really good. 

I only saw first episode of the drama and I'm not expecting much from the writer though like the PD. So Kang Pil Joo is so much into his revange plot that he doesn't mind destroying life of an innocent young woman. I don't know how to like the lead character in such case. I mean if Na Mo Hyun was accidently caught in his web than I would have felt sorry for him but here he is blissfully stalking  her and making her fall in love with that feeble JBC. What did she do to deserve this?

oh ya reading your comment and I feel sorry for NMH too. That's why she hates him. After marriage , when everything is not what she dreams she will blame everything on KPJ.  KPJ is the one who plans everything.

I wonder whether NMH will really fall in love with JBC. I feel like her dad is kinda greedy too. Maybe there is an event which forces NMH to marry JBC. 

• Like 5

@fiesty8001- agree. Beautiful mind Seyoung better match for Jang hyuk, park so dam should end up with YHM's character.

Ha ha I will forgive KPJ cos of Jang hyuk. He must want to take revenge so badly, he use NMH. She is a pawn and she is useful cos of her father.

Maybe he didn't think it will be so bad as she is marrying into rich family. He will regret once he finds out she isn't happy. Also he thought JBC broke up with the girl- who knows she gets pregnant and have a hold on him

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, nyk said:

oh ya reading your comment and I feel sorry for NMH too. That's why she hates him. After marriage , when everything is not what she dreams she will blame everything on KPJ.  KPJ is the one who plans everything.

I wonder whether NMH will really fall in love with JBC. I feel like her dad is kinda greedy too. Maybe there is an event which forces NMH to marry JBC. 

I feel his character is believable. From his point of view it's a total win-win situation. He will get funds to fulfil his ambition and his daughter will get married into a really rich family. I guess in his mind money equals to happiness like for the majority of people and considering NMH's believe in fated love I think he is worried that she will remsin unmarried throughout her life.

• Like 5

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 6-12, 2017

by javabeans

And on weekends, MBC launched its new series Money Flower, which pulled in solid premiere numbers (10.3% and 12.7%). I still find this new trend of airing both episodes on Saturday only, or Sunday only, to be odd, but I suppose they’ve got their reasons.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 6-12, 2017

Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, Nov. 6      
Witch’s Court 9 KBS 10.1%
20th Century Boy and Girl 17 MBC 2.5%
20th Century Boy and Girl 18 MBC 2.7%
Temperature of Love 27 SBS 5.7%
Temperature of Love 28 SBS 6.9%
Because This Life Is Our First 9 tvN 3.7%
Tuesday, Nov. 7      
Witch’s Court 10 KBS 11.4%
20th Century Boy and Girl 19 MBC 2.9%
20th Century Boy and Girl 20 MBC 2.8%
Temperature of Love 27 SBS 6.1%
Temperature of Love 28 SBS 7.2%
Because This Life Is Our First 8 tvN 4.2%
Wednesday, Nov. 8      
Mad Dog 9 KBS 7.1%
While You Were Sleeping 25 SBS 6.8%
While You Were Sleeping 26 SBS 8.6%
Buam-dong Revenge Club 9 tvN 6.0%
Thursday, Nov. 9      
Mad Dog 10 KBS 6.8%
While You Were Sleeping 27 SBS 7.7%
While You Were Sleeping 28 SBS 9.6%
Buam-dong Revenge Club 10 tvN 6.1%
Friday, Nov. 10      
Go Back Spouses 9 KBS 6.5%
The Package 9 JTBC 1.6%
Saturday, Nov. 11      
My Golden Life 21 KBS 32.3%
Go Back Spouses 10 KBS 6.0%
Money Flower 1 MBC 10.3%
Money Flower 2 MBC 12.7%
Bravo My Life 13 SBS 7.3%
Bravo My Life 14 SBS 7.2%
Bravo My Life 15 SBS 6.9%
Bravo My Life 16 SBS 6.8%
The Package 10 JTBC 2.0%
Black 9 OCN 3.0%
Revolutionary Love 9 tvN 2.8%
Sunday, Nov. 12      
My Golden Life 22 KBS %
Man Who Sets the Table 19 MBC %
Man Who Sets the Table 20 MBC %
Black 10 OCN  %
Revolutionary Love 10 tvN %

cr and more: Dramabeans

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

@fiesty8001- agree. Beautiful mind Seyoung better match for Jang hyuk, park so dam should end up with YHM's character.

Ha ha I will forgive KPJ cos of Jang hyuk. He must want to take revenge so badly, he use NMH. She is a pawn and she is useful cos of her father.

Maybe he didn't think it will be so bad as she is marrying into rich family. He will regret once he finds out she isn't happy. Also he thought JBC broke up with the girl- who knows she gets pregnant and have a hold on him

But still he is a wounded man how could he inflict the same fate on an innocent person though I can see he is affected by her presence. How could he? There must be a strong reason only then I can firgive her. He must be well aware of all of the weaknesses of JBC's character who is good for nothing and also purity of NMH's heart. How could he?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 6-12, 2017

by javabeans

And on weekends, MBC launched its new series Money Flower, which pulled in solid premiere numbers (10.3% and 12.7%). I still find this new trend of airing both episodes on Saturday only, or Sunday only, to be odd, but I suppose they’ve got their reasons.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 6-12, 2017

Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, Nov. 6      
Witch’s Court 9 KBS 10.1%
20th Century Boy and Girl 17 MBC 2.5%
20th Century Boy and Girl 18 MBC 2.7%
Temperature of Love 27 SBS 5.7%
Temperature of Love 28 SBS 6.9%
Because This Life Is Our First 9 tvN 3.7%
Tuesday, Nov. 7      
Witch’s Court 10 KBS 11.4%
20th Century Boy and Girl 19 MBC 2.9%
20th Century Boy and Girl 20 MBC 2.8%
Temperature of Love 27 SBS 6.1%
Temperature of Love 28 SBS 7.2%
Because This Life Is Our First 8 tvN 4.2%
Wednesday, Nov. 8      
Mad Dog 9 KBS 7.1%
While You Were Sleeping 25 SBS 6.8%
While You Were Sleeping 26 SBS 8.6%
Buam-dong Revenge Club 9 tvN 6.0%
Thursday, Nov. 9      
Mad Dog 10 KBS 6.8%
While You Were Sleeping 27 SBS 7.7%
While You Were Sleeping 28 SBS 9.6%
Buam-dong Revenge Club 10 tvN 6.1%
Friday, Nov. 10      
Go Back Spouses 9 KBS 6.5%
The Package 9 JTBC 1.6%
Saturday, Nov. 11      
My Golden Life 21 KBS 32.3%
Go Back Spouses 10 KBS 6.0%
Money Flower 1 MBC 10.3%

Lols Jang Nara's drama against JH's drama.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I love the the first two episodes! It does have that dark, sad, revenge plot to it...who knows how the story will unfold...KPJ knows NMH rescued him out of the water. Only NMH is unaware of the manipulation going on around her...but I guess, overtime there might be a fierce side of her emerging when truth about her ‘happy ever after’ was controlled by people including her father...Though he may appear like a stalker (for obvious reasons), but I can see the tenderness in his eyes, even smiled, watching NMH in her vulnerable (drunken) state. When she touched his face...even responding to her babbles...looking forward to next 22 episode!

Park Seyoung truly deserving of female lead. Good actress with very beautiful visuals...Jang Hyuk is oozing with charisma...as always:wub:

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

I love the the first two episodes! It does have that dark, sad, revenge plot to it...who knows how the story will unfold...KPJ knows NMH rescued him out of the water. Only NMH is unaware of the manipulation going on around her...but I guess, overtime there might be a fierce side of her emerging when truth about her ‘happy ever after’ was controlled by people including her father...Though he may appear like a stalker (for obvious reasons), but I can see the tenderness in his eyes, even smiled, watching NMH in her vulnerable (drunken) state. When she touched his face...even responding to her babbles...looking forward to next 22 episode!

Park Seyoung truly deserving of female lead. Good actress with very beautiful visuals...Jang Hyuk is oozing with charisma...as always:wub:

Yes, I share the same sentiments as u.

U can see JH’s every subtle expression clearly whenever he is stalking PsY. He is really an impressive actor!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

But still he is a wounded man how could he inflict the same fate on an innocent person though I can see he is affected by her presence. How could he? There must be a strong reason only then I can firgive her. He must be well aware of all of the weaknesses of JBC's character who is good for nothing and also purity of NMH's heart. How could he?

Mm...I wondered what could have happened in the past to his family that made him put aside his feelings and used the poor girl, what''s worse, someone he loved and had saved his life, as a pawn in his revenge plan. I think he is going to be so tormented later on. 

I love JH''s off screen personality too!! Too cute for words. That is why I miss Dragon club so much!!!! When are they going to show us ep 4.. As much as I love the cool and aloof JH on screen, I cannot forget how adorable and funny JH is in Dragon Club ..and that is the real him...hahaha!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Mm...I wondered what could have happened in the past to his family that made him put aside his feelings and used the poor girl, what''s worse, someone he loved and had saved his life, as a pawn in his revenge plan. I think he is going to be so tormented later on. 

I love JH''s off screen personality too!! Too cute for words. That is why I miss Dragon club so much!!!! When are they going to show us ep 4.. As much as I love the cool and aloof JH on screen, I cannot forget how adorable and funny JH is in Dragon Club ..and that is the real him...hahaha!!

Ya I want Dragon Club too :( 

Just JH being JH. 

• Like 3

So, this is how I understood the ending of 2: KPJ is actually the half brother of JBC, but JBC and his mother JMR don’t know that, but simply adopted him in as a semi-slave.

Pil Joo and his mum amd bro were tricked into going onto a dangerous lake at night, and the other 2 died while Pil Joo survived. And now, he’s worked his way into Mal Ran’s affections by being a tender son-type, and into Boo Cheon’s by always being his guard dog, and he is out for revenge. 

• Like 5