[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

MBC Might Not Hold Drama And Entertainment Awards This Year

The MBC strike recently came to an end with the dismissal of their president Kim Jang Gyeom, but the broadcasting station may not be holding their year-end drama and entertainment awards ceremonies this time.

On November 22, a senior official at MBC stated, “We discussed it from all angles, but we don’t think it’ll be easy to hold awards ceremonies at the end of the year. We are checking the availability of our employees just in case there’s a sudden turn of events, but as of now, we’re leaning towards the possibility of not having any ceremonies this year.”

Another source from MBC commented, “It’s difficult to make a balanced assessment, since we were on a two-month hiatus. Because the department heads had also participated in the strike, the employees are worn out as well. There isn’t much time left until the end of the year. Instead of overdoing it with awards ceremonies, we think it might be better to focus on our preparations for next year.”

The MBC Drama Awards were held every year for 32 years since 1985. The drama and entertainment awards ceremonies may get cancelled this year, but MBC Gayo Daejejun will be airing as normal on December 31.

source : https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/21/mbc-might-not-hold-drama-entertainment-awards-year/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'Money Flower' Jang Hyuk, Kang Pil-joo's charisma

[Global Economy ] Jang Hyuk, who plays Kang Pil-joo in the MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower', shared a behind the scene photo on his instagram on 22nd Nov, attracting fans' attention.

Jang Hyuk added a caption using  dollar ($), flower emoticon to depict 'Money Flower', showing tight lips and thoughtful eyes. The photo gathered 4471 "Likes" within an hour.

Previously, Jang Hyuk had also released a variety of photos through his instagram, such as the scenes  him reading the script and the on a grassy field, which raised expectations.

Netizens who saw the photographs cheered with comments such as "Wow, good-looking Kang Pil-joo." " Intense eyes," "Tonight repeat at 10 o'clock" .

In 'Money Flower' , Jang Hyuk is the grandson of the Cheong-a group director Jang Kook-hwan and half-brother of Jang Boo-cheon, but he hides his identity and sacrifices his first love Na Mo Hyun (Park Se-young) to get revenge. MBC weekend drama 'Money flower' is broadcast two episodes continuously every Saturday from 8:45 pm.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

MBC is repeating 'Money Flower' eps 3 and 4 today and tomorrow (Wed and Thur) at 10pm KST. This slot has been empty since 'Hospital Ship' ended a few weeks ago and its successor 'I am not a robot' has not begin airing.

Wow!! Instead of repeating an older show, they are actually showing money flower again! Thank you  MBC! Hope more people will get to watch it and the viewership for ep 5 and 6 will increase!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Wow!! Instead of repeating an older show, they are actually showing money flower again! Thank you  MBC! Hope more people will get to watch it and the viewership for ep 5 and 6 will increase!! 

Sounds good!

Today is only what? Wednesday....... 3 more days.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

MBC is repeating 'Money Flower' eps 3 and 4 today and tomorrow (Wed and Thur) at 10pm KST. This slot has been empty since 'Hospital Ship' ended a few weeks ago and its successor 'I am not a robot' has not begin airing.

I think this is a good move... we previously said that maybe because of two episodes is showing together in the dead time spot might cause for our drama Money Flower not getting much audience in Korea and to have my golden life which is running now for more than  two months and more episodes in better timing on kbs that caused for not get more recognition.... so to repeat the last two episodes in different days might increase the numbers of viewers... 

• Like 7

I've finished watching episodes 3 and 4.  Superb acting of Jang Hyuk especially the scene  when he saw JBC and NMH and he turned red in boiling anger. Controlled anger! To be able to convey that kind of emotion even literally turning red requires top notch acting.  Jang Hyuk delivers! as always in very drama. 

After watching the two recent episodes. I feel sorry for the main leads NMH JBC  KPJ JML for different reasons.  I also put some theories so far.

NMH- She's tool that needs to be used as pawn for revenge needed to right the wrongs of the past for KPJ.  The way to use her was to also use her father, the Congressman. Though if he was forceful or even powerful enough, why allow her daughter to be used.  It's because he also wanted something to hold onto and the promised help from Chung Ah  has  a price exchange in the form of NMH

JBC-  He, who (we now  now and  can assume)is the younger half brother of KPJ.  He is not the favored grandson because his father or is is the mother JML,  is not the favored one as well by the chairman. He's always has to be the frontline for JML. He just follows whatever KPJ instructs him to do so.  He doesn't even know KPJ is the eldest grandson. No one knows anyway. JML was always there to fix  everything for him ( of course she's got an agenda too).What would happen to him JML and KPJ is not around. He's gonna be pushover. But wait...what if  JBC is bloodline little brother KPJ?  hence the reasons why chairman doesn't even want to hand over Chung Ah.

KPJ - Him who's hurting  because of what happened to his mother and his brother. To get hold of what should be rightfully his as the eldest grandson, he needed to avenge. To get revenge.  As soon as he heard  then teenage JBC mentioned he's the Chung Ah grandson, he already  schemed his revenge. That way he could get close to JML ( of course we already saw the flashback w/ the knife and wanting to stab her). His plan is to  give everything to JML, the  Chung Ah to JBC, the company shares, the leadership.. and then then take it everything away. That his ultimate goal, to see JML suffer.

Of course, he's always thought that it's JML who was responsible for his mother and little brother's misfortunes. Was it JML who hit them that night on the river?  Could be someone from YC family? or someone from the inner circles of the chairman? But I'm thinking if JML have something to do with KPJ's father? what  other possible reasons why he/she/ them whoever... did that to  his mother and little brother?

JML - I do feel sorry for her in  that she's not the favored daughter in law of the chairman. Like she's always being dismissed as the daughter in law. She and JBC was even asked to  move out of the house  (un)forunately KPJ was there to the rescue. Of course he has his own revenge and he needed for her to stay. The chairman, and his ahjumma assistant ( the woman who's always beside him) there's no fondness for her. There's always tension and feels like  the chairman think she and JBC shouldn't be given more of power or stocks or division of  Chung Ah.

I read a character description of JML from the page 5 article update translation by prettysup about JML

On 10/30/2017 at 9:24 AM, Prettysup said:

Jung Mal-ran, Female 59 years old

The eldest daughter-in-law of Chung-ah's group helmsman Jang Kook-hwan, Chung-ah Finance's managing director. One who has never suffered a failure since birth. When the Republic of Korea's government was established, her father transformed from a high ranking government officer to a prominent figure in the finance world, providing much assistance to the Chung-ah's group after his youngest daughter Jung Mal-ran's marriage into the Jang family. Mal-ran firmly believes that Chung-ah's power stem from her father's help, and Chung-ah belongs to her eventually. After her husband's death, she was worried about her survivial in the Chung-ah's group and kept a high-schooler Kang Pil-joo by her side, unexpectedly relying on him to solve many of her problems. It is hard to imagine a world without Kang Pil-joo.

From this description I can somehow surmise what her agenda is.  What would she do if KPJ is not on her side. Little does she know  KPJ will destroy her. How will she ( JBC) handle truth?!

It's exciting to see what's going to happen on ep 5. JBC having two kids from two different woman? NMH discovering  who is who  (by the way, was it KPJ who sent that information to  NMH?)  The return of the receptionist with the ultra sound photo. Somethings gonna happen to JBC and KPJ will  do something.

Yay!  I was thinking just main points of 3-4 eps. Turned out long post deciphering characters. We watch and like the drama anyway, hence. 

• Like 6

Although I’m expecting twist n turns but how can JBC be KPJ younger brother when they are both 37 in the show? According to Wiki, they are of the same age. JBC just appears more childish because he has been sheltered, cannot stand on his own. If JML was childless back then, won’t it be easier for her to adopt both child and claim inheritance than to try to discard them?

For the above reasons, I don’t think JBC is KPJ younger brother. 

The main reason why JML is not favoured it’s becos JBC is not favoured. Grandpa once said if the person doesn’t have what it takes, even if is own bloodline, also cannot be given senior position.

And with KPJ help, they realise that in order to stay in the league, they need external help - that’s NMH Father. And KPJ knowing grandpa weakness, taunted him with the possibility of building the Cheong A tower which is only doable with a ‘potential president’.

And of course NMH is the only one who don’t know a single thing. Although I’ve heard different theories, but I think KPJ was the one who gave her the doc. Becos he felt guilty after hearing what JBC said - I need to sleep with her to know if I like her and remember KPJ stood up, hold his face and said - to get to where u want to be, u have to love  NMH genuinely so that she will then marry u (not exact words but something like that).

KPJ wanted NMH to correct her own wrong by giving her the doc.He doesn’t seems to have intention to clear up this Mess for JBC until JML ‘reminded’ him. The objective for revenge got the upper hand n he started teaching JBC what to do to win NMH over.

At the reed fields, when JML confronted him, he looked at NMH longingly and wanted to go after her until JML thrust the knife into his hands.

I know it was a bit difficult to concentrate on the plot in the reed field scene becos of JH’s hotness hahaha but that was what I concluded from the scene.

Like what this tweet says :)

F7_B21_EE3-_B9_B2-4074-_B4_C8-_B79_F8_E2

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Although I’m expecting twist n turns but how can JBC be KPJ younger brother when they are both 37 in the show? According to Wiki, they are of the same age. JBC just appears more childish because he has been sheltered, cannot stand on his own. If JML was childless back then, won’t it be easier for her to adopt both child and claim inheritance than to try to discard them?

For the above reasons, I don’t think JBC is KPJ younger brother. 

Yes both KPJ and JBC are of the same age in the show - they are half brothers, ie they have the same father but different mothers. I guess JBC is probably younger than KPJ in terms of months only but borned in the same year.

JML was not childless back then - she already had a son JBC and a younger daughter at that point of time.

• Like 2

'Money flower' "Jang Hyuk X Park Se-young X Jang Seung-jo X Han So-hee

Love line of 'Money flower' roller coaster. Han So Hee's presence was highlighted and tension heightened.

MBC weekend special project "Money flower" (written by Lee Myung-hee, directed by Kim Hee-won) is a drama depicting the desire and love of human beings who are dominated by money.

In last week 's broadcast (3 ~ 4 episodes), Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung - Jo), the eldest grandson of Cheong - A group, and Na Mo Hyun (Park Se - young), the daughter of the next presidential candidate, fell in love and decided to marry.

The love story of Jang Boo-cheon and Na Mo-hyun is brought about by Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk), a real key man of Cheong-A group. Na Mo-hyun became a sacrifice for the group succession plan of Jang Boo-cheon. But there was a complication. The presence of Yoon Seo-won (Han So-hee), who is a hidden lover of Jang Bucheon and the former receptionist at the information desk of the Cheong-A Group.

Yoon Seo Won revealed her true color after choosing Na Mo-hyun. At the same time she was obsessed with the obsession. The dangerous square relationship of 'Money flower' is the moment of anchor.

'Money Flower' is a complex, subtle square relationship of four people involving  Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young, Jang Seung-Jo and Han So-hee. Han So-hee is going to be a key point of the love line. It is expected to serve as a springboard for 'Money flower' due to its acting power and presence.

Jang Seung-jo is in a hurry, but he transformed into an attractive 3rd – generation chaebol Boo-cheon.  

Yoo Soo-hee took a full-fledged effort in the complex triangle of Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo. "I hope you will look forward to the dangerous love of the" Money flower "that will reverse the reversal.

On the other hand, ‘Money Flower’ is written by Lee Myung-Hee who wrote 'Air City' and 'Jang Yeongsil'. Kim Hee-won PD, who participated in 'Golden Pocket' and 'Gorgeous Temptation', directed the production. It is broadcast 2 episodes a week from 8:45 pm every Saturday.

2017112309431710501-540x544.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1350896

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yes both KPJ and JBC are of the same age in the show - they are half brothers, ie they have the same father but different mothers. I guess JBC is probably younger than KPJ in terms of months only but borned in the same year.

JML was not childless back then - she already had a son JBC and a younger daughter at that point of time.

Well I am hoping JBC and KPJ is not from the same father, maybe JML had him with another man cos her husband cheated on her. That will mean there is a chance for KPJ to end up with NMH after she divorce JBC. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

Well I am hoping JBC and KPJ is not from the same father, maybe JML had him with another man cos her husband cheated on her. That will mean there is a chance for KPJ to end up with NMH after she divorce JBC. 

Erm why would having the same father disallow KPJ to end up with NMH after she divorce JBC ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Erm why would having the same father disallow KPJ to end up with NMH after she divorce JBC ?

Wouldn't it be weird to be marrying your brother's ex-wife?  If JBC really loves NMH, then he would really hurt his brother if he ends up with NMH. 

• Like 2