[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

All these shows twist history somewhat Fucha was obviously loved alot but clearly so was Ulanara at the start or she wouldnt have become the longest serving empress.

Regarding alot of your spoilers you complain that Ruyi has changed stuff but so has Yan XI and so did empresses in the palace. 

QL may have loved Fucha the most maybe? we dont really know for sure but he loved Ulanara before she cut her hair . 

Ruyi's maybe be a sequel to empresses but treat them as different shows not connected.

RY decided to have Ulanara as a nice person at least at the start and this is not really changing history because we dont really know what she was like at all she could have been evil or good but history does not really say. 

Maybe while She was alive she was the most loved until she died the emperor never only ever loved one person. 

Okay,  case closed and move on. 

Peace all :blush:

_---------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated post but I want to thank Cedric for the explanation and information regarding the novels. 

Edited by chipz03

3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Can we leave it as it is? This is Yanxi's thread. Naturally fans of this drama would believe more in this drama. If not b'cos chipz03 is curious about the differences in both drama, i won't need to give so much of my own opinions. 

We didn't go to Ruyi's thread to say anything like disbelief of that drama. I believe it's best not to spoil the mood in each thread.

Im replying to people talking about Ruyi how about you call them out . 

Dont speak about other drama's if you dont want richard simmons reply's 

27 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Where did i say i dislike YX i was just replying to people speaking about Ruyi's , i would be watching this if it had subs but it does not?

No-one is fighting either you guys posted your opinions about Ruyi where your judging a show on like 2 episode's if you even watched those but ok.

Having the same views is boring and means lack of discussions over arguments against certain views. 

I think he loved both of them and back then if you wanted power you had to do stuff even Xiaoxianchun did bad stuff.

Whoa there. Chill please :D No need to get worked up. (i hope I didn't misunderstood your post).

I am responding to your comments on my first posts that you quoted, to clarify what I feel were misunderstandings. And I apologize if I also misunderstood your points as I mentioned before. Not my intention please.

Anyway,  I am done discussing this matter.  I don't want to drag this thread. Let's agree to disagree on whatever it is we seems to be disagreeing. Peace to you :blush:

--------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note,  it's really enjoyable to see QL and YL together.  They can be so funny,  like squabbling young lover. 

I think The actor who play Fuheng looks like a kpop idol ^_^. The short film he did with Wu Jin Yan (called Enduring 100 years for you or something like that) were enjoyable. I like her looks there and he looks very manly as the emperor B).

Read that Nie Yuan,  WJY,  and the actress who play Gao gueifei will play in a Qin-dynasty series? 

Peace all!!  :D

Edited by chipz03
  • Like 2

EDIT:

I am deleting previous posts elaborating my opinions on RY and YX.  I don't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of both YX or  RY. or this thread.  Sorry for any trouble.

Peace all :blush:

Edited by chipz03

9 hours ago, Wotad said:

No-one is fighting either you guys posted your opinions about Ruyi where your judging a show on like 2 episode's if you even watched those but ok.

Since u want to talk about the 1st 2 ep of Ruyi....then i will mention in spoiler. The reason why i don't want to mention in Ruyi's thread b'cos i know it'll cause unhappiness. It's abit like the shipper threads....imagine A & B Couple fan posting in A & C couple thread with views like "I think A and B are very in love....before C appear." U may offer different views....but u don't doubt another drama's main plots (here in Yanxi, relationship btw Qianlong and Step empress is of a different dynamics, it's not as romantic as Ruyi's version, feel Qianlong is more of respect towards her) in its own thread.

Spoiler

A drama may be adapted but still based on real history.....it may fill up the empty spaces, untold parts, parts where it's vague and up to interpretation. So for example, in Yanxi, there's no much in recorded history on the daily details btw Qianlong and Ling consort. We only know she rose from a servant girl. This drama didn't change that. There was no detail on how he met her and fell in love. So it's ok for screenwriter to write story. Perhaps this Yanxi drama exaggerated on her behaviour....too daring and outspoken. But it didn't affect actual history.

Now come to 1st ep of Ruyi. In order to set the foundation of Qianlong's deep love for QingYin/Ulanara right from the start....they made them as childhood lovers and he initially wanted to choose her as 1st wife. Is it a vague part in history that's open to interpretation? No.

Qianlong was born in 1711. Fucha in 1712.  Ulanara in 1718.

From records, Fucha married Qianlong in 1727. By calculation, at that time, Qianlong was 16yo, Fucha 15yo. And Ulanara only 9yo. The 2 ladies would never be able to stand together to be selected in the same yr. Furthermore their marriage were all arranged by their parents. The scenerio of Qianlong (as a prince) selecting from a row of ladies (like how Emperors did) was highly impossible.

Even if to create an impression of childhood lovers, it would be more possible btw Qianlong and Fucha as they differed by 1 yr only. All these details can be found in wiki :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qianlong_Emperor#Family

Thus for some viewers, it feel strange....it's like yes, perhaps QIanlong and Ulanara may develop deep love during their marriage probably after Fucha died. But for the writer to set it up as childhood lovers....it felt too forced. Maybe it's not crucial....as long as in latter parts, they told us a convincing story of their romance. But in Ruyi's drama....this is like the foundation of their romance....supposed to start from childhood/teenage-period where even Fucha was not as important and as well-loved. 

Viewership info. Anyway it's just one chart. I don't know if there's other ways of calculation.

Spoiler

1. Yanxi 2. Ruyi. 3 Sha Hai/Sand Sea.

Expectedly Ruyi has rose from 3rd to 2nd and more than double from day 1.

Some viewers hope Yanxi will break 700m before it ends. I'm not sure with the current competition and the leak.

79aba393gy1fui91hhsbrj20c80figmy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If interested in costumes and jewellery, here is a page of pics. The descriptions are in chinese though. Yanxi drama costumes have many needlework which wont stand out in the drama bcos we are looking from distance. Thu closeup pics in article.

Article also mention colour palette and contrasts.

The link....there are some green words in at the end of a few pics that means if u want to see whole article. Click it.

https://m.douban.com/group/topic/122346505/

• Thanks 1

Hey guys wanted to share a video I made for this drama

Question for the people that are caught up, how do you feel about the emperor?

Of course he's the emperor, he's been spoiled since a young age and he thinks he was sent from heaven and can do no wrong, but it seems that his faults are meant to be cute or endearing and all I can think is that

Spoiler

he ruined the lives of two people just to add one more girl to his harem. I wonder if YingLuo is meant to have any real affection for him, because if I was her I never could. I just find him very off-putting on screen because I keep thinking about that. What a selfish, ugly personality.

Also, unrelated really but FuHeng is unreasonably attractive.

Spoiler

That scene after YingLuo stood up or him and they smiled at each other as she was being carried down the road A+, I hope they can be happy one day

Last thing, ErQing's death was wayyyy tooo easy. I wanted everyone to know what she did but like this it's like she dies a saint :/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, xiayu1023 said:

Hey guys wanted to share a video I made for this drama

Question for the people that are caught up, how do you feel about the emperor?

Of course he's the emperor, he's been spoiled since a young age and he thinks he was sent from heaven and can do no wrong, but it seems that his faults are meant to be cute or endearing and all I can think is that

Hide contents

he ruined the lives of two people just to add one more girl to his harem. I wonder if YingLuo is meant to have any real affection for him, because if I was her I never could. I just find him very off-putting on screen because I keep thinking about that. What a selfish, ugly personality.

Also, unrelated really but FuHeng is unreasonably attractive.

Reveal hidden contents

That scene after YingLuo stood up her and they smiled at each other as she was being carried down the road A+, I hope they can be happy one day

Last thing, ErQing's death was wayyyy tooo easy. I wanted everyone to know what she did but like this it's like she dies a saint :/

I have not watched this show but is the Emperor the young guy in the video and the girl is YingLuo? if so i can sense the tension.

@xiayu1023 i like the fact that most of the characters aint perfect esp the emperor and Yingluo. They both have soft spots but not forgetting their positions and responsibilities. So far, only Fuca empress and Fu Heng are more perfect and yet they made mistakes too. 

@Wotad the young chap is Fu Heng, the brother of Fuca empress and Yingluo's first love. 

35 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I have not watched this show but is the Emperor the young guy in the video and the girl is YingLuo? if so i can sense the tension.

The young guy most seen in that MV is FuHeng, the Empress's brother and YingLuo's love interest. I believe the Emperor does not appear in that MV.

Most kings or emperors in china dramas got 2 traits. One is they usually think abit highly of themselves...this is more of their upbringing. Another would be their "heartlessness"...esp when deciding btw country issues and their women. Almost all, ultimately country responsibility comes forth. By extension...even if they really dote on one woman, they have to balance with other women bcos those women are connected to the front court of ministers and generals (their family).

Qianlong in this drama has flaws...but to say he is very selfish....i feel not as bad as others in other dramas. His interest in Yingluo was quite unsure to him initially. It may cloud his decision at that time but his reasoning that Fuheng is better suited with someone of higher class and more obedient is not wrong.

The actor Nie Yuan managed to portray Qianlong's complicated personality...he can be cruel...but also more of a petty proud guy who hope his woman would come to him but almost everytime he surrender and look for her instead. To most viewers...he balanced the regal air of a king and a childish guy in love quite ok.The drama is abit light hearted in this romance part...i mean abit not like the typical historical dramas...where the chars won't make sarcastic remarks or kick their attendant's backside.

Erqing's final death scene is simplified. In the script Mingyu forcefully poured the poison into Erqing's mouth and Erqing suffered great pain for quite a while before death. I suspect the drama cut it b'cos it would look too gory (probably blood from eyes and mouth) or dont want Mingyu to look so cruel...her image being more of the cute type. Ya...it lessen our expectation towards Erqing's death...would love to see her last breath.

Lastly i would say there are also inaccuracy in this drama which i would not prefer...eg too many suicide cases where in history they recorded as death from illness. Perhaps it is more dramatic this way. 

They also wrote Hongzong the emperor's bro would rebel...nothing like this happen in history. And same as Zhenhuan story...Quanlong is not son of the current dowager empress. In recorded history, he was. This part is not copied from Zhenhuan bcos it was a rumor that long existed in those so-called "wild records" from the commoners. The same goes for Fuheng's son being the Emperor's...thus the suspision in the drama though it turn out to be Fuheng's own bro.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Oh this is a spoiler for me but its fine and i hv guessed it correctly that the baby is fu heng's brother child.

In history though, it’s said that Qianlong purposely used the queen to create a party, to get her brother’s wife into the palace, then make her drunk, and slept with her. This day one would call it R, anyway, the queen found out, so she was heartbroken then her last son also die, double heartbreak were what cause her death (obviously I only read off a site, whether this is true, not sure)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

In history though, it’s said that Qianlong purposely used the queen to create a party, to get her brother’s wife into the palace, then make her drunk, and slept with her. This day one would call it R, anyway, the queen found out, so she was heartbroken then her last son also die, double heartbreak were what cause her death (obviously I only read off a site, whether this is true, not sure)

Think not official records. 

What is known is Fuheng's wife is said to the most beautiful (or at least one of) woman at that time. Not the "Erqing" as in the drama here. The rumor is Qianlong noticed her when she came to the palace for the Empress's birthday dinner. Then when she left the venue for a while, Qianlong followed her somewhere and.....u know.

Why people suspect about the son...is bcos Qianlong doted on him since birth aside from his own sons. Of course it could be just bcos he is cute or he is his nephew.

As for the Fucha Empress's death...probably not related bcos the timing was slightly off btw the events. But of course not sure when she found out (if really above is true). The more official reason was her body was weakened by previous illnesses, giving birth plus depression too (just a few months after her son died). They went on a long trip outside palace...and on historical record, Qianlong regret not knowing her full health status. She fell sick during the trip....they decided to take the boat...maybe to avoid the shaking of the carriage. But she died on the boat.

• Like 1