[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

There was an incident where she commented on his Instagram post but he didn't reply then some rabid DL fans started attacking YZ. It became quite bad. He just kept quiet on the entire issue. I don't know if she blames him at all but I think she wants to avoid antagonising his fans.

Yes @bluehibiscus is right. It's highly impossible for them to come together for another drama this soon. While I don't personally think they are on bad terms, but they would definitely tread carefully to please their fans. Deng Lun's fans are something else. Sighhhh. I'll never understand why they behave as if he belongs only to them and who gave them the right to decide who he talks with or not. Sighhhh. I was kinda baffled after seeing all hate comments on  YZ after that award night where he went and sat next to YZ. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh. 

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

There was an incident where she commented on his Instagram post but he didn't reply then some rabid DL fans started attacking YZ. It became quite bad. He just kept quiet on the entire issue. I don't know if she blames him at all but I think she wants to avoid antagonising his fans.

I see. Hopefully their friendship is not affected. Thanks again. 

10 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Yes @bluehibiscus is right. It's highly impossible for them to come together for another drama this soon. While I don't personally think they are on bad terms, but they would definitely tread carefully to please their fans. Deng Lun's fans are something else. Sighhhh. I'll never understand why they behave as if he belongs only to them and who gave them the right to decide who he talks with or not. Sighhhh. I was kinda baffled after seeing all hate comments on  YZ after that award night where he went and sat next to YZ. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Some fans can get really possessive. It is sad but it is a reality in whatever entertainment industry, I guess. And the actors themselves are limited by their managment team as to what or how they can respond to these fans. Sighh indeed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, starry58 said:

Some fans can get really possessive. It is sad but it is a reality in whatever entertainment industry, I guess. And the actors themselves are limited by their managment team as to what or how they can respond to these fans. Sighh indeed. 

It's really unfortunate, but it is what it is. I hope in the far future, when all this has died down, they do come together in another epic drama. Until then I'll keep on rewatching Ashes of love. Hahaha. 

Btw your dp looks extremely cute. Eeeeeeeee. Is this from that variety show of him that is currently airing?!? The great escape. Is it good??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

It's really unfortunate, but it is what it is. I hope in the far future, when all this has died down, they do come together in another epic drama. Until then I'll keep on rewatching Ashes of love. Hahaha. 

Btw your dp looks extremely cute. Eeeeeeeee. Is this from that variety show of him that is currently airing?!? The great escape. Is it good??

I hope so too!! I can rewatch it without getting tired of watching. Hahaha.

Oh thanks!! Yes it is from Great Escape. It looks good, and those who understand it say it is good. Even though I don't understand a thing, I still find myself laughing so yah LMAO. DL is like the team captain, but it is so funny seeing him get startled so easily HAHAHA. He is just so adorbs :wub:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, starry58 said:

I hope so too!! I can rewatch it without getting tired of watching. Hahaha.

Oh thanks!! Yes it is from Great Escape. It looks good, and those who understand it say it is good. Even though I don't understand a thing, I still find myself laughing so yah LMAO. DL is like the team captain, but it is so funny seeing him get startled so easily HAHAHA. He is just so adorbs :wub:

I just started watching Great Escape, and I really wish my Mandarin was better  (need to do more work on it lol)  It is absolutely hilarious,  - came for WDX & DL, but really, I love them all and just want to hang out with them - they are so pleasant and cheeky and fun!   They're all great.   

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, stevii said:

nahh its okay i watched all the non subbed ones on yt, thankyou though for the offer, 

how about presscons ? have you watched any ? i remembered they dont have much budget for the promotion i think thats why its hard to find any fancam of presscons. i know they did one in thailandd (i think..?) and one on set with them on costumes. but thats about it haha... still need to cure the drama hangover 

i dont remember seeing any press con either. The only event i remembered they had was a fan meeting at Guangzhou. All the leads except for YZ was there if i'm nt wrong.

6 hours ago, bluesytb said:

I just started watching Great Escape, and I really wish my Mandarin was better  (need to do more work on it lol)  It is absolutely hilarious,  - came for WDX & DL, but really, I love them all and just want to hang out with them - they are so pleasant and cheeky and fun!   They're all great.   

At least you can still catch the drift. Me.. not at all, just some of their actions. I really wish I understand the language, esp now that I am getting into these Chinese shows (Thanks Netflix for the introduction) LOL. Anyway, they all seem to enjoy each other's company. I love DL and WDX bonding moments too! Like how DL was coaching WDX in counting from 20 to 1 in English. LMAO

On 4/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, bluehibiscus said:

@stevii Do you mean Nirvana in Fire? Nirvana in Fire is not a xianxia show. It is a period drama without any magic elements.

ohyeah nirvana in fire. huh its a normal period drama issit.. okay thanks for telling me!

have you watched it? is it good? i dont mind a normal period drama 

On 4/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, kokodus said:

I would definitely trust MDL on the ratings. From my own experience, anything rated above 8 in MDL, they are good. But of course it doesn't mean everyone has to enjoy a popular drama. Sometimes, the most popular ones ends up being not up to our taste. Different people have different tastes. But I definitely would consider watching it, if so many people have liked it, then it means there is something in it that has spoken to the audience. 

I have heard lots about both Nirvana in Fire and The story of Ming Lan. Nirvana in Fire, especially, considered as a Masterpiece. So do give it a try!!!! I hope you enjoy it. 

started story of MingLan, just on episode 10 but its already so good :thumbsup: hahaha 

NiF is indeed excellent, mostly focused on prince's power struggle and clearing his family's name. Story of Minglan isn't a xianxia either, it's rather slow slice of life drama about a girl's life, lots of stuff about marriages and household drama. It's interesting-ish for what it is but not for everyone.

I actually think MDL rates too highly and is rather leniant. It's ok-ish to start from looking for popular probably fun dramas though. For xianxia, I think other popular recs are Eternal Love (Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles Peach Blossom) but I haven't watched it due to its source being in a plagiarising scandal and Journey of Flower, which I haven't watched...due to lack of interest. Chinese Paladin 1 doesn't get rec'ed much anymore because it's much older, and seems more like rpg adventure (cos that's what it is) or wuxia with taoism sprinkled in, but it's technically xianxia and pretty good too. 3 is okay too but have too much bad romance tropes for me and I haven't seen 5 so no comment.

• Like 1

New to this thread but I have been silently stalking these forums for quiet some time now (GMP actually brought me out of lurker mode lol). 

I absolutely loved this drama! It's the first drama I became obsessed with after TMOPB which is a pretty big feat because I thought it would be hard for another drama to bring out the same feelings I had for TMOPB. I've never watched a drama with DL and YZ and it's funny how one drama can turn you into a huge fan lol they really suit eachother and it's sad that some fans can be so crazy.. I doubt their actual friendship would be affected by the fans but no doubt DL seems like the kind of guy who would be careful in public so as not to cause any more issues for YZ. 

Would be nice if season 2 actually starred DL and YZ.. it's always disappointing when an insanely popular drama has a season 2 with new actors but I get that the actors probably have other commitments. I got my hopes up when I saw 'Ashes of Love season 2' on MDL but DL and YZ are only listed as guests.. Hopefully the fan comments don't deter these two from acting together in a new drama, even if it's later down the track :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, starry58 said:

At least you can still catch the drift. Me.. not at all, just some of their actions. I really wish I understand the language, esp now that I am getting into these Chinese shows (Thanks Netflix for the introduction) LOL. Anyway, they all seem to enjoy each other's company. I love DL and WDX bonding moments too! Like how DL was coaching WDX in counting from 20 to 1 in English. LMAO

Maybe vaguely and/or occasionally lol!   

Yes!  WDX & DL are sweet.  Enjoying Justin (adorable kid!) &  Zhang Guo Wei (he's such a ham)moments as well; Xie Yi Lin is also adorable.  I think the only person I'm not huge on is YM.  

On 4/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, J13 said:

New to this thread but I have been silently stalking these forums for quiet some time now (GMP actually brought me out of lurker mode lol). 

Would be nice if season 2 actually starred DL and YZ.. it's always disappointing when an insanely popular drama has a season 2 with new actors but I get that the actors probably have other commitments. I got my hopes up when I saw 'Ashes of Love season 2' on MDL but DL and YZ are only listed as guests.. Hopefully the fan comments don't deter these two from acting together in a new drama, even if it's later down the track :D

Personally, I'm okay with the the two just being side characters since their story has already been told, and really, I don't think those two need any more drama in their lives lol!  I just want them to live happily and peacefully ever after :lol:.   

• Like 2

I heard this drama last year during Meteor Garden 2018 but not interesting enough to watch once I saw the CG poster :D 

Oh .. and I remember someone mention Deng Lun in MG thread as comparative with Didi (I have fallen for Didi since MG :D)

After finishing Ten Miles of Peach Blossom which I think a good c-drama and makes me one to watch others.

So many recommend Ashes of Love and I give a shout and fell in love afterwards. 

After watching a long 60 episodes, I have withdrawal syndrome. I read the translation novel in 2 days, searching the BTS and re-watch my favorite scene again (mortal realm)

• Like 2

My thought:

1. Who can resist Deng Lun smile! (even without Xu Feng dimples in novel)

2. I skipped Run Yu and Demom princess extra

3. I like that they put story for Run Yu but it's too long!

4. I'm ok added Demon princess romance story but again, it's to frinkin too long! I want my Jin Mi x King Yi story undisturbed! :D

5. I want more screen time Xu Feng as Demon king (since I'm drooling with his costume and hair style!)

6. Why they don't add screen time for post marriage just like in the novel epilogue???!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, parksooha said:

I heard this drama last year during Meteor Garden 2018 but not interesting enough to watch once I saw the CG poster :D 

Oh .. and I remember someone mention Deng Lun in MG thread as comparative with Didi (I have fallen for Didi since MG :D)

After finishing Ten Miles of Peach Blossom which I think a good c-drama and makes me one to watch others.

So many recommend Ashes of Love and I give a shout and fell in love afterwards. 

After watching a long 60 episodes, I have withdrawal syndrome. I read the translation novel in 2 days, searching the BTS and re-watch my favorite scene again (mortal realm)

We kinda have the same story. Growing up with the original MG era, I watched MG2018 and fell in love with Didi right after. Then Netflix suggested Ashes of Love (along with other dramas since MG was the first Asian drama I have watched). Checked out AOL since DL's visual was calling my attention, and fell in love harder with Lun LMAO. Since then, I never recovered. I can still rewatch (esp my fave moments like the Mortal and Demon realms) AOL like crazy and watch/read anything connected to AOL. Plus, I search for anything Lun now and follow whatever I can follow (language barrier issues) regarding him LMAO

Agreed with all your thoughts. I would've liked a 63-episode drama focused on XuFeng and Jinmi entirely with only little side stories. More kissing scenes and intimate scenes would have been better too HIHI

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@starry58

I want to watch DL again but not yet found the good one. He's in God looks promising but he's only has a support role.

I'm abut to watch Sweet Dream but I'm not really into Dilraba. That Hang Tai or whatever, not into the female lead also (I have so many qualification for this :D)

The one that seems interesting is True Brothers, that evil smile!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 5:36 PM, parksooha said:

@starry58

I want to watch DL again but not yet found the good one. He's in God looks promising but he's only has a support role.

I'm abut to watch Sweet Dream but I'm not really into Dilraba. That Hang Tai or whatever, not into the female lead also (I have so many qualification for this :D)

The one that seems interesting is True Brothers, that evil smile!!

You can watch The Gods/ Creation of Gods/ Investiture of the Gods on MangoTv (in my location I can only watch it via the app) They have up to episode 37 as of now.
If you're watching for DL, you probably want to give it a miss, as he's barely in it, and uh, it's not great.  From what I've heard, it was shot in 2014, so it's dated.  I do admit it has a certain charm and is kinda interesting.  But it's not quality.  

WRT Sweet Dreams, I actually really liked it, despite some awful and ??? writing.  I like DD, though I'm not a big fan of the voice actor who dubs her in this. 

I think that because the cast is so great, they just make things work out (for the most part lol)     

Hey everyone!

I fell completely in love with this story from the perspectives of all characters. I stumbled upon this forum and have tried to read as much as possible getting new takes on things and finding out about scenes that I didnt completely understand.

One thing I didnt understand and couldn't find an answer for: in episode 55 when Xefung stops Jinmi from hurting Suihe by force. Its obvious he is very conflicted about hurting her in general. My question is, did he summon the pheonix feather in his hand purposely because he knew it would protect Jinmi? Was it a new reconstructed one since coming back alive? It seemed like he was waiting for it to work before shooting at her. Would really love to hear thoughts and possible explanations! :rolleyes:

ndL1Wc.jpg