Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

22 hours ago, kokodus said:

These fans are really going overboard. They have no right to dictate what their idols should do or shouldn't do. These two are friends for a very long time, so I wouldn't believe that these crazy fans would be able to put a dent in their relationship. But it is upsetting to hear these news. Poor girl, she even got attacked for sitting beside Deng Lun in that weibo night. Sighhh. 

fan culture sure is a trip.  Both Yang Zi  & Deng Lun seem like they're both really good people and I hope weird fans don't continue to do stuff like that.   

I can't help but feel idol/celebrity culture in general is pretty dehumanizing overall.  And as important as art is to me, humanity comes first - people ought to be let alone to be themselves, and not some manipulated cardboard cutout.  The human person first, then art.  everything else should just fall away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just finished this!!!! <3 <3 <3 

I also watched Eternal love, soooo nice toooo....Never thought Chinese fantasy stories are so beautiful.

Any other drama you can recommend? With handsome and beautiful actors? :D

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bem_Zee said:

I just finished this!!!! <3 <3 <3 

I also watched Eternal love, soooo nice toooo....Never thought Chinese fantasy stories are so beautiful.

Any other drama you can recommend? With handsome and beautiful actors? :D

Here's my list, if you're interested: https://www.viki.com/collections/934531l-uhhh

On 1/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, kokodus said:

These fans are really going overboard. They have no right to dictate what their idols should do or shouldn't do. These two are friends for a very long time, so I wouldn't believe that these crazy fans would be able to put a dent in their relationship. But it is upsetting to hear these news. Poor girl, she even got attacked for sitting beside Deng Lun in that weibo night. Sighhh.  

omg ... really fans who have gone too far, I skimmed their comments, it seems like they ship denglun with another woman? but I don't know his name ...haizzzz.... fans who overdo their obsession ... I don't like them...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I watched the award video. And I found it somehow YZ acts a bit cold and distance towards DL which is I understood why she did that:tears: They both were not like in the past where they would hold hands and laughed together during the award's night, and DL would not hesitate to help YZ lifted up her dresses... Watching those scenes would definitely triggering jealousy among YZ's haters. Why they hate YZ? Yes, it is because THEY ARE FREAKING JEALOUS seeing how DL, their handsome and cool Phoenix fonds of YZ!!! 

Reading how they accused YZ this and that, those hater souls must be very pity in real life:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

I watched the award video. And I found it somehow YZ acts a bit cold and distance towards DL which is I understood why she did that:tears: They both were not like in the past where they would hold hands and laughed together during the award's night, and DL would not hesitate to help YZ lifted up her dresses... Watching those scenes would definitely triggering jealousy among YZ's haters. Why they hate YZ? Yes, it is because THEY ARE FREAKING JEALOUS seeing how DL, their handsome and cool Phoenix fonds of YZ!!! 

Reading how they accused YZ this and that, those hater souls must be very pity in real life:dissapointed_relieved:

yes, the anti yangzi are very annoying, but I hope that yangzi not because that will be distant and cold with denglun, they are good friends, so it's really inappropriate if such problems affect their friendship ...inappropriate. sometimes it may be necessary to be steadfast to confront with people who don't work that way..lol:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Those LunZi and YangZi antis are the reason why we cannot have anything thing in this world. I tried really hard to fangirl over their interactions at the award show, but it was hard to fangirl also because it's true that YZ looked like she was kind of giving DL the cold shoulders. He would constantly look at her and talk for a long time and then you would see her give him only a few words back without really glancing at him. She only smiled once in awhile with him. It was quite painful to watch because of how much YZ has to distant herself from DL to not receive any negative response from the fans. In the end it didn't even matter because the fans still gave her a hard time. It sucks that their close friendship has to go this way when in public compared to when they used to be open and free with their friendship in public. This reminds me of a Thai onscreen couple that I love dearly. After they got really popular as an onscreen couple and loved because of their friendship onscreen, but they really hold back a lot now with their holding hands and being quite touchy (as friends), which makes me sad. :( I really hope that LunZi is fine and still super close behind the scene and that all this no talking is all for public only. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

But I still think Weibo night was a success. The fact that we were able to see them together on one frame together after such a long time already filled my heart. One thing I noticed is that YZ is always nervous in all these award shows. Well I'm not denying that she did seem a little cold. That is the price you pay for becoming popular. Without Ashes he wouldn't have got this many crazy fans who are now out there dictating him on what he should do. Tsk tsk.  But DL at least was his usual chirpy self, teasing her and all that. I always am the one who notices how the guy behaves, because if your man is confident, then you have nothing to worry about. They have known each other since forever, so I don't think these so called fans who popped up in yesterday's rain will ever cause a rift in their friendship. 

• Like 5

On 1/19/2019 at 1:12 PM, rose_loves_ice said:

Those LunZi and YangZi antis are the reason why we cannot have anything thing in this world. I tried really hard to fangirl over their interactions at the award show, but it was hard to fangirl also because it's true that YZ looked like she was kind of giving DL the cold shoulders. He would constantly look at her and talk for a long time and then you would see her give him only a few words back without really glancing at him. She only smiled once in awhile with him. It was quite painful to watch because of how much YZ has to distant herself from DL to not receive any negative response from the fans. In the end it didn't even matter because the fans still gave her a hard time. It sucks that their close friendship has to go this way when in public compared to when they used to be open and free with their friendship in public. This reminds me of a Thai onscreen couple that I love dearly. After they got really popular as an onscreen couple and loved because of their friendship onscreen, but they really hold back a lot now with their holding hands and being quite touchy (as friends), which makes me sad. :( I really hope that LunZi is fine and still super close behind the scene and that all this no talking is all for public only. 

I really don't expect them to be cold-headed in public just because the anti-fans, both from denglun side or yangzi side, they are good friends, hopefully it won't make their friendship loose.indeed, it looks like how Yangzi didn't dare to turn her face to stare deng lun when he spoke to her.she looks rather cold.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, kokodus said:

But I still think Weibo night was a success. The fact that we were able to see them together on one frame together after such a long time already filled my heart. One thing I noticed is that YZ is always nervous in all these award shows. Well I'm not denying that she did seem a little cold. That is the price you pay for becoming popular. Without Ashes he wouldn't have got this many crazy fans who are now out there dictating him on what he should do. Tsk tsk.  But DL at least was his usual chirpy self, teasing her and all that. I always am the one who notices how the guy behaves, because if your man is confident, then you have nothing to worry about. They have known each other since forever, so I don't think these so called fans who popped up in yesterday's rain will ever cause a rift in their friendship.  

and i'm very agree with you. after the anti-fans yang zi who acted improperly, even I could still see deng lun looking very relaxed during the weibo night eventand he seemed to stay close to yangzi and repeatedly tried to chat with her. I like his style, he looks respectful, relaxed, simple and polite in conveying his words.

• Like 1

Excuse me for being late to the party. I just recently stumbled upon this drama on Netflix, and binge watched like crazy. I have never been this so addicted to a drama as AOL. From DL's visuals (which got me to check the drama out initially), I got so hooked about everything that I could rewatch the whole thing so many times and not be tired with it. 

Must say tho that coz of AOL, I have become such a big fan of DL. I am now checking out all his past and will definitely support his future projects! Oh Phoenix :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi everyone!

I know I’m very late but I just wanna say how much I love this drama! I enjoyed every part of it (except for certain dragging scenes) I binged-watched all 63 eps within a week and I’m so proud of myself. Afterwhich, I re-watch the scene with Jin-mi and Xufeng the following week.

The withdrawal symptoms was so strong, I keep re-watching the couple’s scene over and over again. I went to watch all their interview and BTS and I loved every bit of it. It made it fall in love with Yang Zi & Deng Lun so much. I really love their friendship and would want to see them act together again.

My favorite part of the drama was in the Mortal Realm – King Yi and Saint Girl. I love their love story so much, it was a tragic and forbidden love but so endearing to see Xufeng wooing Jin-mi. While I know that it was for Jin-mi to experience hardship so she can be promoted to be an Immortal, I like how their life in the Mortal was without revenge and envy and misunderstanding and the Yun Pill. It was just King Yi and Saint Girl and their true feelings towards each other. While it was tragic to see Jin-mi die early, it was heartbreaking to see Xufeng losing his love one but we see how much he loved her when he decide to give up his life to stay with her forever. That scene broke me. He really can do anything for her.

Back to the Heavenly realm, I really disliked Runyu sly and cunning antics. I hate how much he wanted to win over Xufeng and make Jin-mi stay by his side. So what if Runyu is the legally engaged to be married to Water God and Wind God first daughter, Jin-mi is Water God and Flower Goddess daughter and not Wind God. So rightfully, Jin-mi is not the person Runyu is engaged to. Runyu is the outsider to the relationship of Jin-mi and Xufeng.

After Jin-mi kills Xufeng and spits out the Yun Pill, we see Jin-mi so torn and devastated because she doesn’t know what she’s feeling. I cried with her. Finally when she realized how she wrongly kill FengHuang and that he is the one she loved the most, I rooted for her to make right the wrong that she done. While it was sad to see Xufeng pushing away Jin-mi because she betrayed him, we can see that he was in pain too. Like that scene in the Demon Realm where Jin-mi has a fight off with Sui-he, he was hurting Jin-mi and I can see the pain in his eyes, because he still love her so much and he is hurting the woman he loved. I wish they could just kiss and make-up LOL. That scene when he returned her Frost Flower petal was so sad. Both of them was in pain.

I wish the ending could have been more fulfilling, like having more scenes with Jin-mi and Xufeng reconciling. It was rather abrupt to pass forward to their first son. Like more hug scene and at least a kiss between them. HAHA.  But I’m happy that our Jin-mi and Xufeng had their happy ever after.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I absolutely fell in love with this show, but now that I've finished watching everything, I desperately need fanfic. All I've been able to find is written in Chinese. Could you help me find some English language fic? 

What I really want is someone calling Runyu out before he goes ultra manipulative on Jinmi, and Runyu and Xufeng sticking together as brothers, but I also wouldn't mind some more romance between Jinmi and Xufeng or stuff about the side characters. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 3/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, j15thcenturylit said:

I absolutely fell in love with this show, but now that I've finished watching everything, I desperately need fanfic. All I've been able to find is written in Chinese. Could you help me find some English language fic? 

What I really want is someone calling Runyu out before he goes ultra manipulative on Jinmi, and Runyu and Xufeng sticking together as brothers, but I also wouldn't mind some more romance between Jinmi and Xufeng or stuff about the side characters. 

So far, I've only read fanfics in Chinese as well, I once thought of translating those fanfics into English and share it here, but i wonder how many would be interested because i feel it may be a little pointless if there aren't many interested (cause translating ain't easy). But if you're really interested in reading them, I can try working on it since I have some time to spare now

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@cpy95 Me and my friends @kokodus and @mouse007 would love to read any fics that you can share... 

But of course, no pressure :wub: 

Just curious.. is there any fic of their time in the mortal world? I wouldn't mind reading them with google translate lols...

Their time as healer and Yi wang is one of my favorite part of the story... 

tumblr_pfodywh7RP1r5iugro6_r1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@cpy95 omo yes, I would love to read those fanfics. I still can't get enough of Xufeng and Jin Mi, I don't mind whatever it is as long as it's about them please do share it. But yeah, no pressure, you can do at your own pace and I'll patiently wait. Hehe. Thank you so much for willing to do this!!!!!!!!

@lynne22Thanks for tagging me. You know me so well. Hahaha.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@cpy95 Me and my friends @kokodus and @mouse007 would love to read any fics that you can share... 

But of course, no pressure :wub: 

Just curious.. is there any fic of their time in the mortal world? I wouldn't mind reading them with google translate lols...

Their time as healer and Yi wang is one of my favorite part of the story... 

If I recall correctly, there are some fics on their time in the mortal world, but I would needa dig for it since I don't read those. I read more on their live after JinMi got revived HAHAHAHA

I guess I would get the translations posted here, but first let me get permission from the writers! 

And, thanks for the support! @AshleyChia @j15thcenturylit @kokodus @lynne22

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Have started translating, would need a few days to a week to complete the first short fic. You guys gotta wait for a while!

Am starting with 1. those I love and wanna share, 2. those that are short fic, usually single chapter (would work on longer fics with multiple chapters later on, as I get more used to translating) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow I'm excited @cpy95!!!! Haha. Take your time. There is no hurry. Thank you so much for your hard work. 

I really miss our silly bird and grape. Sighhh. I wonder how many times a person can rewatch a show without getting bored. It's already been 5 to 6 times for me, but I still can't get over it. Sighh. 

D2FGEJKWoAE1BTd?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1