[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

I absolutely fell in love with this show, but now that I've finished watching everything, I desperately need fanfic. All I've been able to find is written in Chinese. Could you help me find some English language fic? 

What I really want is someone calling Runyu out before he goes ultra manipulative on Jinmi, and Runyu and Xufeng sticking together as brothers, but I also wouldn't mind some more romance between Jinmi and Xufeng or stuff about the side characters. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 3/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, j15thcenturylit said:

I absolutely fell in love with this show, but now that I've finished watching everything, I desperately need fanfic. All I've been able to find is written in Chinese. Could you help me find some English language fic? 

What I really want is someone calling Runyu out before he goes ultra manipulative on Jinmi, and Runyu and Xufeng sticking together as brothers, but I also wouldn't mind some more romance between Jinmi and Xufeng or stuff about the side characters. 

So far, I've only read fanfics in Chinese as well, I once thought of translating those fanfics into English and share it here, but i wonder how many would be interested because i feel it may be a little pointless if there aren't many interested (cause translating ain't easy). But if you're really interested in reading them, I can try working on it since I have some time to spare now

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@cpy95 Me and my friends @kokodus and @mouse007 would love to read any fics that you can share... 

But of course, no pressure :wub: 

Just curious.. is there any fic of their time in the mortal world? I wouldn't mind reading them with google translate lols...

Their time as healer and Yi wang is one of my favorite part of the story... 

tumblr_pfodywh7RP1r5iugro6_r1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@cpy95 omo yes, I would love to read those fanfics. I still can't get enough of Xufeng and Jin Mi, I don't mind whatever it is as long as it's about them please do share it. But yeah, no pressure, you can do at your own pace and I'll patiently wait. Hehe. Thank you so much for willing to do this!!!!!!!!

@lynne22Thanks for tagging me. You know me so well. Hahaha.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@cpy95 Me and my friends @kokodus and @mouse007 would love to read any fics that you can share... 

But of course, no pressure :wub: 

Just curious.. is there any fic of their time in the mortal world? I wouldn't mind reading them with google translate lols...

Their time as healer and Yi wang is one of my favorite part of the story... 

If I recall correctly, there are some fics on their time in the mortal world, but I would needa dig for it since I don't read those. I read more on their live after JinMi got revived HAHAHAHA

I guess I would get the translations posted here, but first let me get permission from the writers! 

And, thanks for the support! @AshleyChia @j15thcenturylit @kokodus @lynne22

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Have started translating, would need a few days to a week to complete the first short fic. You guys gotta wait for a while!

Am starting with 1. those I love and wanna share, 2. those that are short fic, usually single chapter (would work on longer fics with multiple chapters later on, as I get more used to translating) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow I'm excited @cpy95!!!! Haha. Take your time. There is no hurry. Thank you so much for your hard work. 

I really miss our silly bird and grape. Sighhh. I wonder how many times a person can rewatch a show without getting bored. It's already been 5 to 6 times for me, but I still can't get over it. Sighh. 

D2FGEJKWoAE1BTd?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kokodus said:

Wow I'm excited @cpy95!!!! Haha. Take your time. There is no hurry. Thank you so much for your hard work. 

I really miss our silly bird and grape. Sighhh. I wonder how many times a person can rewatch a show without getting bored. It's already been 5 to 6 times for me, but I still can't get over it. Sighh. 

I've rewatched bout that many times too, and I still find myself rewatching even in between my other dramas. There is something bout our OTP that you just can't get enough of. I hope they still have some moments on season 2 despite the guest role stat. LOL

Anyway, I will be waiting patiently for the fanfics. Thanks @cpy95 in advance :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kira Crusader said:

does anyone know what the 6 realms are, i mean there's standard heaven, demon, floral... and bird and night but i dont think those count? BUT im so curious!!!

Heaven, Demon, Mortal... and I think we count the Floral realm and the Bird realm. Also, seems like Water and Night are all part of the Heaven realm royalties so not counted. I don't know the sixth one. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the drama? Unless it was stated in the novel?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, kokodus said:

same here! i miss our OTP so much! i’ve re-watched twice and replayed the mortal realm storyline like 3 times alrdy! their love story was so good! 

i kept re-watching the BTS and interview w Denglun and Yangzi! 

I’m so glad yángzi i recommended denglun for this role! this is what good friends are for! 

please take your time @cpy95... we’ll patiently watch for you 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:53 PM, Kira Crusader said:

does anyone know what the 6 realms are, i mean there's standard heaven, demon, floral... and bird and night but i dont think those count? BUT im so curious!!!

i think the 6 realms are heaven world, mortal world, demon, floral, bird and water world...if i'm not wrong...:D

• Like 3

wonder if you guys came across any fan art, found these really cute
http://zhuaqianxiaoroushou.lofter.com/post/1fea4f80_12df30628

http://zhuaqianxiaoroushou.lofter.com/post/1fea4f80_12d43809a

http://zhuaqianxiaoroushou.lofter.com/post/1fea4f80_12df2df27

PARTICULARLY TH LAST SET :love:

credit: lofter 抓钱小肉手/ weibo @抓钱小肉手 @xmfamily-纸凤凰

• Thanks 2

Yeah, I'm on my 5th viewing too, though sometimes it's hard to watch since it makes me sad.

Found some fun YZ/DL things on YT if anyone is interested:

Who's The Keyman - a celebrity detective show, (I think the first two episodes are subbed), apparently a spin off of Who's the Murderer - which is also pretty fun. 

also: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, Kira Crusader said:

Bird, water, night aren't separate realms, they are all gods and minor gods. Heaven, Demon and Mortal are expected ones. Flower became one of the realms because of the conflicts all those years ago. I don't think it ever mentions what the other two are.

The six realm thing is a common concept in xuanhuan/xianxia and it's from...buddhism? adopted into taoism, the usual six realms are heaven, sage, mortal, yao (similar to youkai if you are familiar with japanese culture, it's animals and plants), demon and underworld.

• Like 2

its already almost a year after the drama ends but so little english subs for the BTS scenes :(. really loved this drama and the chemistry between the characters, i feel like i would be so fun to watch their interactions off screen. if anyone know of any BTS subbed videos really appreciated if you could share the link because i've watched all of the non subbed and the viet subbed ones haha. nothing cures a withdrawal like fun BTS scenes 

• Like 4

Alas, I'm done with the first fanfic translation! Apologies for the delay, it took much longer than I expected.

Some parts are hidden under the spoilers cause I don't want to make a single post too long.

So remember to expand it to read the whole thing!

@j15thcenturylit @kokodus @lynne22

@AshleyChia Just so happened that the first fanfic I selected to translate is about their imaginary mortal realm life :D

Title: 4 Seasons

Link to original text: http://huiyizhuanyongnvmajia.lofter.com/post/1fd9ea86_12d5ccbbb

Author: Lofter——不见天地不思归 (http://huiyizhuanyongnvmajia.lofter.com/)

Translation: soompi cpy95

Synopsis: 

If Saint Girl married King Yi, how would their married life be like?

Spring/ when flowers bloom

Green buds and branches sprouted from the willows planted along the embankment of the meandering river on the East side of Huai Wu after Li Chun*.

Huai Wu was blessed with the absence of war for many decades, and was also free from diseases, that not even the raging plague in the last two years had affected the nation. A saying that ‘Huai Wu’s water is from the heavens; able to cure diseases and eliminate calamity’ spreaded like wild fire thereafter, and nobles who came from afar to fetch water from the said river could be seen everywhere on the embankment.

Born romantic, the people of Huai Wu even planted a ten miles peach blossom forest at the downstream of the river. Just within a few years, these peach blossom trees bloomed gloriously every spring, turning the dull soil from winter into a sea of charming crimson. Rumour has it that, the peach blossom brew found here, which is sweeter, mellower, less strong and less acrid, was made according to the queen’s recipe. This recipe was formulated the year following her marriage with the king, when she personally picked the flowers and fermented it to make the brew.  Thus, when visitors leave, getting a few jars of brew was a must. Not only does it satisfy one’s cravings, it was also good for health. ‘Huai Wu Peach Blossom Brew’ hence gained a good reputation and became popular.

Everything in Feng Qi Palace** was taken care of by Jinmi personally. So there she stood, in a sea of pear blossoms, apricot flowers and peach blossoms, with the breeze blowing against her aqua blue silk dress, while drying pear blossoms in the courtyard when Xufeng came back from his morning assembly. Hearing footsteps, she turned around and asked, “You’re back, My Lord?”. The gentle gaze in her eyes resembled the sparkling starlight in this garden of spring sights.

After asking the maids to leave, he strode towards her and took her in his arms.  He asked, “What happened this year, for you to prepare pear blossom brew instead of the usual peach blossom brew?”. Dew drops were still clinging on the pear blossoms in this early morning when a heavy downpour had just stopped.

“Recently I’ve heard from those elders who knew a little about the twenty-eight mansions that the orbit of the ‘Kang’ mansion seemed to be slightly oblique, and the autumn and winter seasons in Huai Wu the next few years might be dusty and dry. Peach blossom brew may taste well, however, pear blossom brew works way better in moistening lungs and relieving cough. Once I’ve got the proportions right, could you get Qin Tong to disseminate the brewage recipe and distribute the snow pear tree seeds to the people?”

“Sure. Having a wife like you by my side, Huai Wu will be free of troubles.”

Footnote:

*One of the 24 solar terms, marking the beginning of spring.

**Feng= Phoenix, Qi=perch; so Feng Qi means a phoenix perching on something

Spoiler

Summer/ when the sun blazes

Before meeting Jinmi, summer was Xufeng’s favourite season. Racing wildly through the lush forests of Mount Luoye on horseback and sweating profusely made him feel carefree and unrestrained, and was something he could not experience in the palace. As a dignified son of Huai Wu who was well-trained in martial arts and warfare strategies and conversant with literature and classics, it was a given for him to defend the borders and rule the nation well.

Yet, that summer 7 years ago, he met his fated girl in Mount Luoye. Therefore, it became a yearly ritual for him to bring Jinmi to the mountains for a short retreat during Limit of Heat* after they got married.

After bestowing most of the animals from today’s fruitful hunt to his guards stationed nearby, he returned to the small hut only with a white rabbit and a pheasant.

Jinmi long prepared cooling sour plum juice and mint scented handkerchief for his return. Downing the sour plum juice and indulging in her tender caress with closed eyes as she wipe off his sweat not only cooled him down, but also chased away frustrations brought about by the summer heat.

Presenting that white rabbit to Jinmi after changing his clothes, he asked, “Do you like it? It’s a doe, shall we keep it?”

“How do you know of its gender? Don't tell me you’ve got it inspected?”

“Of course. Apart from me, any living creature of the opposite gender is forbidden in Fengqi Palace. Not even a fly.”

Jinmi chuckled and reached out for that white rabbit. Placing it on her legs and gently petting it, she said, “I like it, I like whatever you give me.” After that, she took out a red thread from her satchet where she placed some leftover thread which she used to sew Xufeng’s waist sash, and tied a ribbon on the rabbit. “Bai Xue^ will be your name from now on, a perfect opposite from Yaya^^.” 

Though Jinmi teased him, he was not upset. Instead, he placed his chin on her hair crown while gently stroking her hair and asked, “Shall we have pheasant soup for dinner tonight?”

“Great idea!”

Footnote:

*14th Solar term, the Limit of Heat, marking the end of summer

^which means White Snow

^^which means Black Crow

Autumn/ when fruits bear

Casting its glow on the ground, the gentle moonlight seeped through the twining branches of orange osmanthus in Feng Qi Palace. As the autumn breeze blew, the osmanthus fragrance spreaded and filled the whole palace.

Under the osmanthus tree, Jinmi and Xufeng were engaging in a chessgame with Jinmi holding on to white stones, Xufeng to black stones. It was matchpoint. Xufeng could simply win the game in three moves, but to tease her, which he loved, he gave chances for her to have a shot at winning. Watching her think hard, he could not help reaching out his hands and caress her cheeks.

Jinmi’s suddenly changed her expression and smiled. Staring at him with her pair of bright big eyes, she asked, “Do you want to try the osmanthus brew that I’ve recently made, My Lord?” 

‘Not this again?’

Xufeng stood up, patted the non-existent dust on his lap and ordered, “Alright, someone remove this chessboard and bring me the osmanthus brew my queen had just made.” 

Not being able to hold his liquor well, Xufeng was completely knocked out after a few shots and his cheeks were flushed, which looked cute. Jinmi helped him into the room and got it locked thereafter. She then raised her eyebrows and thought, ‘You’ve finally fell into my hands, who asked you to play tricks on me!’

“Tell me,  why did you play tricks on me today, dragging the game and not winning it!”

“You look good! Jinmi, you’re beautiful when you’re playing chess anxiously!”

“……”

“Tell me, why can’t I share the recipe of the osmanthus brew with the people? Didn’t you hear the praises of the people, saying the queen is beautiful and intelligent, and that each and every type of wine was a sell-out?”

“Osmanthus brew is mine. No one can drink it. Not even you, Jinmi.” 

“……”

‘Oh, shivers. How is it that he gets mushier each time after he got drunk.”

Winter/ when snow falls

Though Qing Yue’s toxicity had been cleared, it still left sequela on Jinmi’s body. She has since been vulnerable to the cold, particularly during winter, when her limbs would get cold easily.

Wrapping Jinmi tightly with a shawl in his amrs, Xufeng watched on as she prepared herb packs ceaselessly. Worrying for her health, he said, “It’s such a cold day and you aren’t even holding on to the handwarmer, what if you catch a cold? Just leave all these chores to the imperial physicians, and all you need to do is just prepare the prescription. ”

“Don’t worry, My Lord. If I do not get the dosages right, its effectiveness would be reduced greatly. Winter came exceptionally early this year, the rivers have already been frozen, the flu bug might spread in Huai Wu. Wait till these herbs are placed in the wells, we can then live through this winter in peace, isn’t it so?”

Xufeng could not bear watching her neglecting her health to ensure the safety of the people. He took her hands and place it over his chest once she finished adjusting the dosages of the herb packs.

“I’ll just use a handwarmer, My Lord.”

“No, warm it first before using the handwarmer.” 

Personally designed by Xufeng and specially crafted by craftsmen, Jinmi’s handwarmer featured a phoenix and several phoenix flowers in its hollow centre. He even hunted everywhere for whatever that could keep her warm. The shawls she used were made from the skins of white foxes, snow wolves, minks, etc., all of which were hunted by him. When sleeping, he even held her tightly in his arms, dispelling the cold in her limbs with his own body warmth. How would she feel cold, when her beloved man warmed her heart with his care?Thus, Jinmi never once felt cold. 

Jinmi’s menses came, and to relieve menstruation discomfort, Xufeng fed her with red dates and ginger tea, placed his hands over her abdomen delicately, gave her a kiss on her forehead and finally whispered, “go to sleep”.

Jinmi did not sleep well and seemed to have a nightmare as her brows were knitted. Xufeng patted her back gently again and again until he heard her murmuring, “Yaya…”

“I’m here, don’t be afraid.”

Hearing the reassurance that she had been expecting in her dreams, she soon calmed down, as signaled by her smooth and steady breathing.

Tightening his embrace, he reassured, “I’m Yaya, don't be afraid.”

P.S. Please credit the author and me when reposting the translations! 

Happy reading! while i continue translating the next one...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1