[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait based on that teaser video.. NS3 will fall in love with the human..

how is that even possible..

this is like that robin williams movie where he fell in love with his owner.. the girl..

while i love the two leads.. but i don't want the girl to be left behind in life.. at the end of the day she does need a human partner.. 

if they show she is strong enough to move on from true love to settle with a human later in life.. that's good.. 

but oh.. just let her and the real NS fall in love too.. because real NS also needs true, genuine affection.. he has been alone since childhood.. mom still had her freedom, look alike son, job that she likes.. and just so many other things..

and don't ever bring it down to a moment where robot NS looks at mom and goes.. ofcourse he is real human NS and mom would care for him more..

11 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

wait based on that teaser video.. NS3 will fall in love with the human..

how is that even possible..

this is like that robin williams movie where he fell in love with his owner.. the girl..

while i love the two leads.. but i don't want the girl to be left behind in life.. at the end of the day she does need a human partner.. 

if they show she is strong enough to move on from true love to settle with a human later in life.. that's good.. 

but oh.. just let her and the real NS fall in love too.. because real NS also needs true, genuine affection.. he has been alone since childhood.. mom still had her freedom, look alike son, job that she likes.. and just so many other things..

and don't ever bring it down to a moment where robot NS looks at mom and goes.. ofcourse he is real human NS and mom would care for him more..

It was always about the romance between her and him.

Going by the title I assume he is becoming more human and he will get a heart or whatever.

59 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

It was always about the romance between her and him.

Going by the title I assume he is becoming more human and he will get a heart or whatever.

wizard of the oz..

really was it about robot developing feelings for a girl when he couldn't towards a mom who raised and loved him for years..

that's twisted..

i don't know.. just don't fall in love anyone.. don't want anyone hurt

1528036940_maxresdefault.jpgSeo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpg?fit=5images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX6MKy_137RcYQfmPKZim

I don't think there is any doubt that a human can love just about anything.   I don't say that as in disrespect but in honesty.  I am still playing catch up with this drama but I have enjoyed it so far. I think that the mixture of emotions and tenderness. Greed and even suffering as well as misunderstanding is a reflection of life.  Yet it's the added robotics that makes seeing NS3 wrapping his arms around SB somehow seem so sweet.  Although his actions are computer created instincts still human or not, heartbeat or not  I still found myself moved...

Not only of the OTP but also of a Mothers love for her human son and Son's sacrifice for his Mother in protecting her even as a child...  My idea of SB is that she seems to be strong willed in having a mind of her own and actions as well.  Still I think as strong as she seems to be on the surface there is something inside that is missing and she was not only confused by the embrace she was a mixture of angered and confused.  Not only in him and why?  But also in herself and the fact that the embrace moved not only me but  I believe her as well... 

It's easy to misjudge others human or not even their intentions when you're not willing to take a good look in the mirror at yourself...

There is a scene where JYH asks mom why she didn’t mention disaster mode to him and she replies that she definitely erased that programming before sending NS3 to Seoul. So unless it was a mishap, I think NS3 is capable of developing self-thinking aside from those programmed to him.  But we’ll have to wait and see I guess. I wish I could go home now so I can watch the full episode T-T...haha

15 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

There is a scene where JYH asks mom why she didn’t mention disaster mode to him and she replies that she definitely erased that programming before sending NS3 to Seoul. So unless it was a mishap, I think NS3 is capable of developing self-thinking aside from those programmed to him.  But we’ll have to wait and see I guess. I wish I could go home now so I can watch the full episode T-T...haha

The way he floating in the water is a very human thing to do like he was thinking, and getting wet does not mess with him it seems.

I'm pretty sure that they have filmed some interior scenes (Namshin's huge mansion) inside Manager Do's house! I recognized the entrance, the stairs and the double-height living room! :D Is it an homage to You Who Came From the Stars? :tongue:

I LOVED the bromance between N3 and the Secretary and N3's meeting with a new "chingu"... :heart: I remember seeing that vacuum cleaner in this teaser:

They are so cute! :D

I also liked the MMA fighting scene at the beginning: brutal, realistic and well-filmed!  

I'm on the director's side, on this matter. He humbly apologized, but I've nothing against that scene, personally. It was there for a reason.

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

I'm on the director's side, on this matter. He humbly apologized, but I've nothing against that scene, personally. It was there for a reason.

There was no reason for Seung Yeon to actually get hit, and multiple times at that. A few of you have brought up that the scene is there for a reason and I can understand that but like I said in an earlier post , the main problem most people had is with Seung Yeon getting hurt irl. Bad scenes happen in film/tv all the time but the key is people don’t get injured during filming. Anyway this would’ve happened months and months ago and Seung Yeon is ok so no point in stirring the pot now. Let’s drop this issue (like someone mentioned before) and just discuss the other aspects of the show :)

edit: regardless of how realistic it “needed to be”, it was a gratuitous depiction of violence towards women and obviously it didn’t sit right with a lot of people. They could’ve just alluded to it. Acting is acting, doesn’t mean violence actually needs to happen..and especially in this situation where they were just standing there...

1 hour ago, butterflyeffect said:

There was no reason for Seung Yeon to actually get hit, and multiple times at that. A few of you have brought up that the scene is there for a reason and I can understand that but like I said in an earlier post , the main problem most people had is with Seung Yeon getting hurt irl. Bad scenes happen in film/tv all the time but the key is people don’t get injured during filming. Anyway this would’ve happened months and months ago and Seung Yeon is ok so no point in stirring the pot now. Let’s drop this issue (like someone mentioned before) and just discuss the show :)

The resulting scene is very realistic: now I get why... :huh: Anyway, if you are hit multiple times you don't get only "ringing ears": if you are hit that way in that spot for real, it's like banging your head violently against a door (I've been practicing martial arts for many years, so I know it): that's why I think that Seo Kang Joon did his best to make it realistic without hurting her... She would be down with a concussion and a serious neck injury after one single take, otherwise.
I acted in a fighting scene to film a demonstrative mv, once: my opponent was a very good friend of mine and an expert martial artist, but we both took many hits during several takes from different angles, and we didn't complain since we wanted it to be as realistic as possible (even if we knew that only a few seconds were going to be included in the final clip).
Getting beaten up a little bit is a very common occurrence, when you film action scenes, especially the most intense and fast ones. The actors know it beforehand; they hid the marks on their bodies with makeup... It just takes being pushed on the ground or having to kneel on the floor to get bad bruises: dancers are covered in blue marks, not to mention martial artists, stuntmen/stuntwomen and also regular actors... There are also actors who decide to perform fighting sequences for real (or almost real): one famous example is the corridor scene (a single, very long shot with no cuts) from "Oldboy", starring Choi Min Shik and a bunch of actors who decided to fight for real for three days in a row, to get to that result. 

23 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

The resulting scene is very realistic: now I get why... :huh: Anyway, if you are hit multiple times you don't get only "ringing ears": if you are hit that way in that spot for real, it's like banging your head violently against a door (I've been practicing martial arts for many years, so I know it): that's why I think that Seo Kang Joon did his best to make it realistic without hurting her... She would be down with a concussion and a serious neck injury after one single take, otherwise.
I've acted in a fighting scene to film a demonstrative mv, once: my opponent was a very good friend of mine and en expert martial artists, but we both took many hits during several takes from different angles, and we didn't complain since we wanted it to be as realistic as possible (even if we knew that only a few seconds were going to be included in the final clip).
Getting beaten up a little bit is a very common occurrence, when you film action scenes, especially the most intense and fast ones. The actors know it beforehand; they hid the marks on their bodies with makeup... It just takes being pushed on the ground or having to kneel on the floor to get bad bruises: dancers are covered in blue marks, not to mention martial artists, stuntmen/stuntwomen and also regular actors... There are also actors who decide to perform fighting sequences for real (or almost real): one famous example is the corridor scene (a single, very long shot with no cuts) from "Oldboy", starring Choi Min Shik and a bunch of actors who decided to fight for real for three days in a row, to get to that result. 

Think about it carefully: with that scene the director obtained exactly the same thing Namshin was planning to obtain by hitting Sobong in front of the cameras. A scandalized reaction by the netizens and an intense debate online. Quite an interesting social experiment...  

I was thinking about violance scene after read about reaction views. Maybe I am wrong but I think this not becomig big issue only becouse GSY get real hit. mostly, but no. I think that man slap woman created more problem. If this will be that critical scene if this will be only woman scene or man scene? Or if this would be fighting scene using material arts and actors get in real? I don't think so...knetz viewers also point that they feel uncomfortable watching this scene, so they feel that way before knowing that was not only acting. 

I've just seen ep 3 (or is it 5+6?) and Shin's mom is soooo cool. imo even though she knows NS3 isn't her real son, she still loves him all the same so I don't think she will throw him away. Or at least I hope she doesn't :'( lol. This drama is simultaneously predictable yet not, I love it.

I still find it really fascinating how SKJ makes all these different expressions just by changing his gaze. ie. when YH is looking at NS3 looking at the toy robots and it switches back to NS really quick, that subtle expression change is so good. Maybe too early, but imo he deserves an award for this role. Anyway, this episode was kind of slow for me ... probably since I spoilered myself, but I see it's going to pick up next episode so yay~ 

Hey guys,

I finally caught up on all six 30-min episodes on Viu and I FREAKING LOVING IT! Worth the wait and the cast is definitely superb. Very intriguing characters, I must say. Plot is interesting and yes, I really can't wait to see the development between NS III and SB >> NS and SB.

And it does not help that I kept on thinking about GSY's character in Circle where she played an alien, thinking that she was human.

That is why this would be interesting how NS III will be the more likeable character as he becomes more "human" as time passes by. And Oh Yeah, I am liking the bromance too.

PS. SKJ really is a cutie pie and I love his eyes. GSY's too!

can someone send some positive vibes here..  i am walking on eggshells here..

can someone see a happy ending without our robot getting hurt or die or transform into v4 ? 

he is pretty.. he has always been pretty.. but never felt these puppy vibes for him before this drama..and the cool vibes too in case of the human version

Also AAA+ to director for ep 7 preview for sticking close to law of gravity atleast in this one aspect..

when a man wearing a cap does a somersault in  a car chase.. the cap is bound to fall..

in normal universe, the cap would have stayed on the head.. pretty :)

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

can someone see a happy ending without our robot getting hurt or die or transform into v4 ? 

Actually, transforming into version 4 is the most positive scenario I can think of right now. Seems highly unlikely that NSIII won't get hurt in the upcoming episodes. I'm more worried that at some point NS's mom will be forced to choose between her human son and NSIII. What she'll do in such a situation is scary, because she said so herself that she can do much worse for her son. It'll be especially tragic if NSIII will be able to feel emotions. 

Archived