[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

35 minutes ago, hello210 said:

It’s very foreshadowing that during each of ML’s major crisis, he was there at the closing...first time he told her she must cherish herself. This time he told her to look ahead. 

That`s right. every time he hints to her about that:lol:.it shows that he actually cares for her even before that. if he wasn`t he won`t go have a talk wit QH about ML.I think that`s really shows he doesn`t anyone to speak badly about her from the point on.

also from the trailers out there.it shows the Minglan loves him.waiting for him to return from war and  running towards him..from the spoilers from the novel.it says that Minglan cares about him and wants to be only a good wife. but loves him very late.don`t know how it`ll be in the drama.but i think it`ll be worth waiting for

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fra8 said:

I get why they might change even if I enjoyed that sl. in the book qh wasn’t a serious contender, she never loved him so it made sense gty wasnt worried about this. Here we and gty saw her love. She gave him up because of others but she had feelings. So it’s natural that gty and the viewers wonder if she were happy with gty or if he still were her second choice. They had to clear this.

In that trailer , did she respond to his question? 

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

I like Rulan. I think she has a different attitude and maturity. 

Either she knows she's not as scheming and as manipulative as the 2 sisters or she simply doesn't want to be; I can't really tell for now (only still up to ep 28 :tears:)

But she always wanted a simple life.

As she said to the mom, better marry down to someone who won't bully her and make her life hard, and be happy, than marry up to get the status and be more influential on the outside, yet to suffer all mistreatment inside and be miserable. 

Ive always thought that itself is a type of maturity. That being happy is more important than being powerful but miserable. 

@zenya22There's an unedited version?? 

I thought the version on Viki is already the full one! Where did u watch that? *Jealous*:huh:

But yes. They both have the ability to read each other pretty well. That bit I agree

2 hours ago, frenchfan said:

I know right.  I laughed when I saw Lin niang "fainted" when they were summoned by Sheng Hong, main wife and all the servants were there.  Then Sheng Hong said "take her away" and she miraculously regain consciousness.  :joy::joy::joy:  You could see that the 6th son of Liang is a rake.  He is not going to change and Molan will have to constantly fight for a place.  Poor Molan.  She told Changbai's wife that they will have to pay her respect now that she is marrying into the Liang family (being higher ranked than hers) and she was smirking about getting ahead of her sisters especially Ruolan.  I wanted to slap her then.  

Yeah, he’s not going to change. In the carriage ride home from that second polo match, Liang mama to him that if he was obedient and properly married (her choice ML), he can have whoever he wants in his room and she (Liang mama) won’t fuss at him. And that’s if he’s marrying someone she likes. Wonder what she’ll allow when he marries someone she doesn’t like.

15 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Nope...but before GTY asked, ML did ask GTY why did he marry her if he doubts her since he knows their (QH/ML) history. :tears:

ML is really mad at GTY then.This is going to be one intense scene.

Just finished watching ep 29 (subbed version).Ruloan is a smart lass.She figured out in her own way the Liang son is not a worthy marriage partner. Only Molan couldn't see that she was getting herself mixed up in a situation which isn't advantageous.

52 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Nope...but before GTY asked, ML did ask GTY why did he marry her if he doubts her since he knows their (QH/ML) history. :tears:

I think that will probably be their turning point of being honest with their feelings for each other. Their feelings may be the only sticky subject that they avoided in the beginning until GTY gets jealous since we’ve seen how open they are about everything else (minus the secret protection). They both probably fell in love with each other but hid their feelings for different reasons. On ML’s side, she’s probably careful because of being hurt before and on GTY’s side, he’s probably been scared of the answer in case ML still harbored feelings for QH since he did know their history (and he fell for her first).

Also, they are messing with us with that trailer because they put an old GTY/Maniang kiss on forehead scene in it (it happened the night before leaving for exams).

56 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

ML is really mad at GTY then.This is going to be one intense scene.

Just finished watching ep 29 (subbed version).Ruloan is a smart lass.She figured out in her own way the Liang son is not a worthy marriage partner. Only Molan couldn't see that she was getting herself mixed up in a situation which isn't advantageous.

Spoiler

From the trailer, GTY seems to madder. Because ML was also being a super realist and said if he takes concubines, she will accept it. 

Prolly sounded a bit like she didn't love him enough to be jealous if he has another woman. 

45 minutes ago, hello210 said:

I think that will probably be their turning point of being honest with their feelings for each other. Their feelings may be the only sticky subject that they avoided in the beginning until GTY gets jealous since we’ve seen how open they are about everything else (minus the secret protection). They both probably fell in love with each other but hid their feelings for different reasons. On ML’s side, she’s probably careful because of being hurt before and on GTY’s side, he’s probably been scared of the answer in case ML still harbored feelings for QH since he did know their history (and he fell for her first).

Spoiler

I think so. So I'm hoping it happened faster so that we get more honest communication between the 2 after that...

Although I'm suspecting it might be later...just because I felt action speaks louder than words, and when GTY fell from grace and ML stayed and helped him when he needed her most would show him that she does love him...just my suspicion tho. 

23 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

I can't bear to see that scene of them. The jealous scene. I hope Minglan will answer him and tell that she only loves him.

Same. When I saw the trailer, I was prepping myself for a major fallout between the 2....:tears:

9 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Same. When I saw the trailer, I was prepping myself for a major fallout between the 2....:tears:

:D I just avoid that trailer now and watch the Zhi Fou MV on Viki. Every drama has some kind of tension between the leads so they can grow together. Waiting for the sweet scenes and the one where he picks her up and swings her around. 

Spoiler

Someone said in the spoilers that GTY picks up ML and swings her around out of excitement  because he just found out she was prego. :wub:

*SIGH*

Sorry if this is annoying, but I am really trying to know but no one is telling me, so I am asking again!

Which episode so far is Zhang LiYing's BEST ACTING episode? I would appreciate it SO MUCH if someone can tell me.

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

8 minutes ago, hello210 said:

:D I just avoid that trailer now and watch the Zhi Fou MV on Viki. Every drama has some kind of tension between the leads so they can grow together. Waiting for the sweet scenes and the one where he picks her up and swings her around. 

Reveal hidden contents

Someone said in the spoilers that GTY picks up ML and swings her around out of excitement  because he just found out she was prego. :wub:

Me too!! 

I'm a sucker for trailers tho. So I can't seem to avoid them even if I try. Lol. 

But yes. I suspected that's the reason too! :wub:

30 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

*SIGH*

Sorry if this is annoying, but I am really trying to know but no one is telling me, so I am asking again!

Which episode so far is Zhang LiYing's BEST ACTING episode? I would appreciate it SO MUCH if someone can tell me.

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Every episode is the best acting of zly whether being a clueless girl, intelligent, brave, demure, good debater, love struck girl, heart broken, spy master. The crying on the ship for lost of love was excellent, full of emotion. Ohh.. The name is actually zhao li ying. 

36 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Omg so cute. My heart :love: :)))))

How do i add emojis? I can't put any haha!

36 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

*SIGH*

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Ummmmm, you need to watch the show to determine that answer for yourself. 

39 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

*SIGH*

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Hi Don Yu, 

I think this question is tough to answer hence the omitted answers. Why don’t you wait to ask  until the ending? 

Okay, no idea if this has been asked or answered when I was going through the massive paragraphs debating QH's character and judgement lol.

Buuut, I was wondering if the Princess he marries gets any form of retribution? Does QH's mother also suffer in any way in the future? Over bearing daughter-in-law or during the rebellion and so forth

Archived