Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

28 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Qh's plan was to wowed ml with him passing the imperial exam. And after passing the exam, he would propose to her. Did he think that ml was without any prospect at all. Didn't he hear how liang mama chasing her for her son or hear near bethrothal to dr he. He should have snatched her at an earliest possibility. He had miscalculated or did not calculate at all. That's his lost again. 

I don’t even have words if he really thought that. Did he really expect her to never move on or be happy like him? I can never understand him & his thinking 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

So I am watching episode 35 with subs and the scene with GTY putting medicine on ML’s foot when Ml says how would she know about such a far away thing as her marriage GTY muttered to himself ‘You don’t know, but I do!’ Lmao. So he has been planning since then but had to hurry it up when he heard about Dr.He from CB. Truly 5 steps forward & 3 steps back.

He is touchy in the trailers even in front of her maids. They look like they have a playful relationship 

Omg if he really did all this military stuff to win her over then just make babies already QH totally has 0 chance vs this guy . 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Monday 2019-01-14

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.418
Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 316 - Online views 316 million its second highest yet. 

Tuesday 2019-01-15

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.536

Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 325 - Highest day of online views.

Last weeks's average TV rating for ML was like 1% this week seems to be huge increase ;o i hope for 2% which would be amazing. 

Monday and Tuesday were ML's best days online and on TV .

Just as a comparison the highest rated episode for Hunan in 2017 was Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.192 so it show's how well its doing for that Channel. 

At 4.373 billion online view as of the 15th, i think online are ahead by 6 for vip so it would be that many views up to like episode 42 should still cross 10 billion though i hope. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Monday 2019-01-14

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.418
Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 316 - Online views 316 million its second highest yet. 

Tuesday 2019-01-15

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.536

Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 325 - Highest day of online views.

Last weeks's average TV rating for ML was like 1% this week seems to be huge increase ;o i hope for 2% which would be amazing. 

Monday and Tuesday were ML's best days online and on TV .

Just as a comparison the highest rated episode for Hunan in TV was Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.192 so it show's how well its doing for that Channel. 

At 4.373 billion online view as of the 15th.

Holy! those viewership numbers in China are HUGE! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

(since SH was holding white cloth to hang Rulan)

SH: What I am doing? I'll let her die. Then, the whole family die together. I thought you were different from Molan. You still did this unfavorable bad thing and also let GTY see your secret meeting. What are we going to do with you being alive? It will be best if you are dead.

@Golden Flower  Thanks for the translation..

I have to comment on SH behavior, Now he caught Molan in the act with another man and yet we didn't see him breaking out the white cloth for her to hang herself.. But yet he does this to the main wifes daughter all he did was sent  Molan to the ancestor hall for her to repemt after he lost face.. I say he really got his family discipline very well so well that both of his so called obedient daughters search out men for themselves.. And once again they want to try and push the man for ML to have.. You can't blame Granny if it wasn't for her ML probably would have been married to the worst tiger in town if it would save the shame the house of Sheng would have to face.. 

7 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@sava2sava I think Molan became the main wife. But she's unfavored and i think she only gave birth to girls if it goes according to the novel. She will live a miserable life fighting against all the concubines

Thanks for this bit of news @Lunkera  Well deserved. She's living the misery of her mothers sins, And her children will live the sins of hers..Also where can I find this novel in english.. ?  Can I read it online ?

7 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Grandma: then...Can emperor use knife to force my granddaughter to marry him? 

WS: Outside, GTY only said that he would marry di daughter of Sheng family. He did not say the name of the girl. ML is already recorded under my name and also considered di daughter. 

Grandma: you black-hearted bad couple! You cannot take away ML from me forcefully unless you kill me with blow to my head. 

@ForgottenSoulx  G/ma would stand up to the emperor behind ML. She'll move mountains if she has to.. It's so suprising she is able to marry GTY concidering what G/ma has in mind for her.. I read a few post back that GTY promise ML that he wouldn't have any other women besides her maybe this played apart of her deciding to let her marry him.. I just have to wonder what kind of man G/ma had in mind for ML..

Which reminds me of one of the clips of GTY sickly brother and step mom . GTY may have become the marquise of the home upon marrying ML.. This could be what step mom and brother face was angry about at they wedding.. If so all the hard work she did to keep him from inheriting was for nothing.. Step Mom comment was the Elder wouldn't let and unfilial child that angered his dad to death inherit the tite looks like they proved her wrong.. Her and children are just tenants their. I don;t think GTY woiuld treat his younger brother badly but step mom and sickly brother is a different story

6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Princess died and he passed the exam he can now have a main wife ,his mother finally agreed but GTY proposed marriage first so both his mother and him were late so QH tried to get GTY to drop it or something. 

Also the Kings concubine got her revenge on the family that hijack her lil sister and molested her and threw her in the streets like and animal.. I thought she should have made there punishment a little more harsher by hacing the samething done to the other princess and made her family watch it all.. But what I didn't get was why blame QH mom for her sister misfortune..  

Another thing I noticed in the wedding scene is how big ML head piece is, Mo'er head piece was nothing like hers one In compairson you can say she didnt have one.. Man I would have paid money to see the look on her face if she was their to see it all..

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, Me_iDee said:

Holy! those viewership numbers in China are HUGE! 

For Online views i think shows will struggle to beat this but most likely 10 miles of peach blossoms season 2 will beat it due how insane the 1st season was. Also same for TV rating's Hunan has been flopping lately and i dont see any show on that channel beating ML this year.

8 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks for this bit of news @Lunkera  Well deserved. She's living the misery of her mothers sins, And her children will live the sins of hers..Also where can I find this novel in english.. ?  Can I read it online ?

@ForgottenSoulx  G/ma would stand up to the emperor behind ML. She'll move mountains if she has to.. It's so suprising she is able to marry GTY concidering what G/ma has in mind for her.. I read a few post back that GTY promise ML that he wouldn't have any other women besides her maybe this played apart of her deciding to let her marry him.. I just have to wonder what kind of man G/ma had in mind for ML..

Which reminds me of one of the clips of GTY sickly brother and step mom . GTY may have become the marquise of the home upon marrying ML.. This could be what step mom and brother face was angry about at they wedding.. If so all the hard work she did to keep him from inheriting was for nothing.. Step Mom comment was the Elder wouldn't let and unfilial child that angered his dad to death inherit the tite looks like they proved her wrong.. Her and children are just tenants their. I don;t think GTY woiuld treat his younger brother badly but step mom and sickly brother is a different story

Also the Kings concubine got her revenge on the family that hijack her lil sister and molested her and threw her in the streets like and animal.. I thought she should have made there punishment a little more harsher by hacing the samething done to the other princess and made her family watch it all.. But what I didn't get was why blame QH mom for her sister misfortune..  

Another thing I noticed in the wedding scene is how big ML head piece is, Mo'er head piece was nothing like hers one In compairson you can say she didnt have one.. Man I would have paid money to see the look on her face if she was their to see it all..

Well grandma had the doctor in mind she wanted someone ML could rely on and would not bully or shame her etc.. just a peaceful calm life that is what she wanted for ML which i respect. I think G/ma gave in due to ML and that is the only reason and she saw how hard GTY was fighting for ML so most likely respected that. 

They were just jealous at how powerful GTY has become he had to go there to bow to the tablets of his parent's that is the only reason, he does not become the marquise then.  I think she blame QH's mum because she made the other family know that they wanted marriage as well.

Well ML wedding is on a different scale GTY wants to flaunt it for everyone to see which i love. 

• Like 6

This thread moves so fast. I'm on winter vacation and still can't catch up. By the time I check any of my alerts, it's too late to respond because the conversation has been pushed back a few pages. It's interesting that ppl are still discussing QH with such intensity. I feel like ZYL is a good actor, but QH is written as a blah character...even very minor characters like Shitou and Xiaotao are funnier and cuter. Perhaps, it's because I'm old that I don't really care about princely characters and love lines with too many seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

In real life, people have lives after all. Wait, maybe I answered my own question. I guess it can be entertaining to watch other ppls drama. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

13 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

This thread moves so fast. I'm on winter vacation and still can't catch up. By the time I check any of my alerts, it's too late to respond because the conversation has been pushed back a few pages. It's interesting that ppl are still discussing QH with such intensity. I feel like ZYL is a good actor, but QH is written as a blah character...even very minor characters like Shitou and Xiaotao are funnier and cuter. Perhaps, it's because I'm old that I don't really care about princely characters and love lines with too many seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

In real life, people have lives after all. Wait, maybe I answered my own question. I guess it can be entertaining to watch other ppls drama. 

We started talking about him again today because he is asking or will ask GTY to stand aside

• Like 3

@ForgottenSoulx

GTY also wants to deliver on his words to her before he left for the battle in the south earlier I reckon. 

That she shouldn't mind those who talks behind her back about her and her marriage. He'll come back and teach them a lesson, by showing off how grand her wedding will be and no one should ever look down on her....

:lol:

• Like 6

All about Qi Heng and Minglan (1)
Background information (Based on the drama version)
Set in the Northern Song dynasty, “The story of Minglan" revolves around Sheng Minglan, the unfavoured sixth daughter of an official Sheng Hong. Minglan’s biological mother was one of Sheng Hong’s concubines who died giving birth to her second child, Minglan was 8 years at that time. Minglan was then raised up by her grandmother. Due to her biological mother’s suspicious death, Minglan learned to hide her skills and true intentions.

Sheng Hong is a level five official in the government (A medium level position). The Sheng family’s private school hired a very experienced scholar, Mr. Zhuang, as the private tutor for the family school. Qi Heng, the only son of the Duke of Qi,also studies at the Sheng's family school.

Qi Heng is the heir of the Duke of Qi, by his wife Princess Pingning. Princess Pingning‘s maiden name is “Chai”, which is a very peculiar family name in the Song Dynasty. The Chai family was the ruler of the “Hou Zhou” Dynasty. The "Hou Zhou” Dynasty was overthrown by Zhao Kuangying, the first emperor of the Song Dynasty, in a military coup. To save his reputation,  Zhao Kuangying gave the “Chai” family a title of “Prince”,  but the “Chai” family doesn’t have any real power in the court.  Most of the male members from the Chai family died of unknown reasons. Princess Pingning was adopted by the empress and raised up in the royal court.  The relationship between the Princess and the Empress is also very delicate - they seem pretty close but the royal couple isn't fully trusting Princess Pingning.

Qi Heng falls in love with Minglan, our smart and beautiful female protagonist. Minglan also has a crush on Qi Heng but she could not accept his love because she believes this relationship is doomed and she also doesn’t want her two half-sisters to be jealous of it.

Episode 5 - The first scene of Qi Heng (EP5:0900)
The first scene of Qi Heng starts at EP5:0900 when child actors changed into adult actors. We can see when he is in the same room with her, Qi Heng's eyes always trailing after Minglan like a sunflower follows every moment of the sun.

Episode 5 - the new year’s visit:: Hide and seek(EP5:11:00)
Qi Heng visits the Sheng family to bid for the new year. Sheng Hong, his sons, and Qi Heng are talking about calligraphy in the drawing room while the ladies are sitting at the other end of the room, separated by a folding screen.

While talking to Sheng Hong, Qi Heng’s eyes keep on following Minglan. Seeing her smile or hearing her laugh makes his heart happy.
His valet Buwei moved to the side and blocked his view, Qi Heng is a bit annoyed by Buwei.

Episode 5 - the new year’s visit:: The lie(EP5:14:20)
Buwei asks Qi Heng if he plans to stay for dinner, Qi Heng says the person in charge of the imperial examination will be here tonight so it is better to stay.

Buwei says: You are coaxing, you want to stay at the Sheng House because of sixth Miss.
Qi Heng is a bit mad and scolded Buwei: ”Shut up!” He knows how harmful it could be when a girl’s name is in a gossip.
A few seconds later, Qi Heng couldn't hold back his smile---simply hearing her name makes him happy, it feels like something is touching his heart softly.

Episode 5 - the new year’s visit:: The handkerchief incident (EP5:15:15)
Well, “handkerchief” might not be the best translation of the item he lost. The item is something that people used to tie their underwear in ancient China, and it is also something that couples often use to demonstrate their love to each other. Now you understand why he makes a big fuss about it because he doesn’t want anyone to use it to blackmail him.

Episode 5 - the new year’s visit:: The flower cake (EP5:17:15)
The maids serve flower cakes to the guests,  Minglan takes one and starts eating.  Qi Heng looks at Minglan and takes one and starts eating as well.

Seems that love makes his brain wired and focused on Minglan whenever he sees her or knows her presence, he does the same thing with what Minglan does, and he stays because she’s there, he goes because she left.

Episode 5 - the new year’s visit:: The little detective (EP5:22:01)
Molan framed a maid by putting Qi Heng’s handkerchief to the maid’s outfits and the maid is punished by the Big Madam. Minglan and Yanran started analyzing the case and Minglan came to the conclusion that the maid is innocent. 

Overheard Minglan and Yanran’s conversation, Qi Heng appeared from the back of the rock-work. He looks perfectly calm and collected, and there is a slight touch of pride and of being annoyed on his face. He nodded to Yanran with reservedness and pride, but his eyes become so soft and tender as soon as he sees Minglan. 

As a decent and upstanding young gentleman, Qi Heng's role does not allow exaggerated body languages or strong facial expression. But the expression in his eyes are so different when he faces different people, he’s unable to hide his feelings for Minglan.  Zhu Yilong performed this role brilliantly.

When he is with Minglan, his dreamy eyes are as deep as the ocean,  and there are boundless affection and tenderness in the eyes.
The emotional changes of the role are very natural and smooth, Zhu Yilong’s eyes can talk, for real.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Hahaha.... should send a photo or screenshot or a painting of ML's wedding outfit to Molan, and secretly recording her reaction using drone :star:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

On 1/16/2019 at 8:18 PM, yhl0802 said:
When he is with Minglan, his dreamy eyes are as deep as the ocean,  and there are boundless affection and tenderness in the eyes.
The emotional changes of the role are very natural and smooth, Zhu Yilong’s eyes can talk, for real.

You left out all the :wub::love::heart: ..i think someone will eventually make a video of all the scenes of ZYL's QH of this drama after it's finished airing, well i hope so, and i agree his eyes r very expressive.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, yhl0802 said:

I love what you said but this bit i think shows how power ZYL is as a actor its the reason Guardian was so popular even though it was cut to shreds his eyes gave all the emotion and love you need.

Guardian as a show was beyond terrible but his acting from his eyes basically carried that drama to something other then the worst drama ever ;p

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, dito said:

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head.

Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery?

Thats why they say.... be careful what to wish for, you might actually get it.:lol:

Lol ! Good point !! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, darkphoenix123 said:

We started talking about him again today because he is asking or will ask GTY to stand aside

Oh, I see. I fast forward most of QH's scenes when ML is not in the frame :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

Episode 34: The graceful and masterful Dance of the Spears and the spear's special sentiment with dad.... but TY is looking mighty good...

Now I understand Ting Ye's sentiment for the spear rewarded to him by the emperor for performing the spear dance when he went to visit the emperor with his father as a young boy.

In the rice fields, he danced the spear dance while defending old Zhao, gracefully turning and whirling as he fends arrows and disables enemies. He was shielding and attacking around old Zhao, protecting him from harm. The late Marguis Gu, was a general who must have specialized in spear fighting and taught the young Ting Ye to become the spear expert he is now. So that spear at the Gu house has a very special value connected to his father. The emperor gave it to him, but he earned it because of the spear dance his father taught him. He also demonstrated his adept warriorship as a young boy when he expertly defended CB and himself from attackers as trained by his father. He is the general's son.  Looking back, it seems to me that Marquis Gu loved Ting Ye who even said that his father dotted on him when he was much younger. The stepmother and stepbrothers succeeded in eroding the trust and respect between father and son to the point where they no longer believed in the other and could not talk without anger. When he did not pass his exam, his father went to the proctor and asked why his son did not pass because the Marquis must have known of his son's abilities and confident that he would pass. He was then told that TY was in top 3 but TY went drinking after the exams and criticized an imperial scholar loudly and was reported to the emperor. He was then taken off the roster by order of the emperor. This made his father so mad, but what parent would not be? What hurt the young TY most through his adulthood, were the drivel and slights being said about his mother which indirectly affects him and his father seems to have not corrected or set people right about it. He had knelt before his father and begged him to say the truth about his mother, but his dad's sudden collapse and the step family's lying, prevented them from this important chance to reconnect. Maybe one day he will take back the Gu manor and reconcile with his dad at the hall of the ancestors and hopefully will regain the title of Marquis bequeathed to him by his father. 

The emperor still remembers GTY's spear dance. Maybe in the long run, it was good that he failed GTY in the exam because he is better as a warrior than an imperial official. Imagine GTY sitting with Chan Bai attending to records and going to the palace discussing court matters daily? He will probably rile up people just to keep things interesting just like he did playing with shooting the arrows into the pot with the 3rd brother staking the Sheng eldest daughter's dowry at her wedding at the starting episodes. He also looks happier, healthier and wiser as a warrior and looks dashing too. ML seems to be looking at Ershu in a deeper way, as if she is finding something special and interesting about him.... 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, after watching the interactions between GTY and the new Emperor and his son...that son seems a bit power hungry? He was totally gunning for the throne? Is he ever a problem for the Dynasty in the future?

Did the wives of all the military heads all make it through the rebellion? Or were they all killed in that room?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I remember in the polo match, Madam Liang offered to partner with MingLan but QiHeng butted in to take over. Was Madam Liang really that bad that she was rejected like that? They all knew what would happen if MingLan partnered up with him but continued to let them do so. I just found this part a bit weird.

QiHeng's somewhat smart in books but he doesn't know how to be in real life situations. I felt like he never once thought about MingLan's sake but for his own happiness. She gave him countless chances and a lot of "time" but the dude just sat idle and used Concubine Lin's act dead state to threaten others which he clearly didn't master in yet. 

MingLan did say that she won't be disloyal to him as long as he didn't disappoint her. She then continued countless times saying that if he strives forward then she will but if he gives up, so will she. :phew: I'm not even gonna count how many times he had disappointed her. Bruh, did you see his father? He's submissive to his princess wife, that's why we got a beta Qiheng not alpha.:lol:

- He's clearly a mama's boy. No girls wants that (besides status?) because they know they won't be a priority.
- Of course, I hope he can mature over the things he had to go through. (I still feel sorry for his personal servant - was it buwei?)

This drama is quite weird for me, I kinda like it and dislike it at the same time because they could jump scenes very quickly by using a line of dialogue but in some areas they let a scene on and on for a bit. That's why I was like damn, the banquet was over already? Or damn Grandmother already hushed Madam Liang? It's just sometimes I wish there was closure on some unexplained or unseen stuff. Probably many scenes have been filmed but they had to cut it off I guess or they wanted to exclude the unnecessary stuff and let the story progress faster.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Okay, after watching the interactions between GTY and the new Emperor and his son...that son seems a bit power hungry? He was totally gunning for the throne? Is he ever a problem for the Dynasty in the future?

Did the wives of all the military heads all make it through the rebellion? Or were they all killed in that room?

I dont think hes power hungry just thought of protecting him self and his family.

• Like 5