[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 40 was love. GTY told empress he was busy preparing the dowry for his bride & empress said that his bride was very lucky all the while looking at Minglan. She gave him a pin she was wearing to give his bride as her dowry & THE BEST PART WAS MOLAN,MAMA LIANG & GTY’S STEP MUM WERE THERE. Molan must be so jealous lmao. Anyone else feeling smug/petty?

Funny when ML walks away annoyed at GTY after his scheme :D . 41 will start with them talking alone. The scene with GTY bowing down to her and ML stars laughing. Then they return to the polo match where GTY is laughing loudly. Just my guess since it makes sense with preview scenes earlier and ML clothing.

3 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Funny when ML walks away annoyed at GTY after his scheme :D . 41 will start with them talking alone. The scene with GTY bowing down to her and ML stars laughing. Then they return to the polo match where GTY is laughing loudly. Just my guess since it makes sense with preview scenes earlier and ML clothing.

The match will be an exciting one.It will be a treat to watch the uncomfortable and jealous faces of Molan and Madam Liang.I am looking fwd to it.

Women’s lot through history :Even a good man good could turn abusive, alcoholic, philandering, kick you out/ have you killed and take your kids and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it. Marriage  was a prison.

37 minutes ago, paras said:

Preview of the wedding -

Wow..thats what you call a grand wedding..:relaxed:molans wedding is only a pinky finger of minglans wed:grin: even the horse has more extravagant bling bling in the head than molans little crown:D

BEWARE: NXT TO BE WED WILL BE XIAOTAO:heart:SHITOU..

22 minutes ago, havennoah30 said:

I also dont have any pity for concubine lin and molan. CL isnt gray, she's black hearted. Grey is molan, scheming for her life, but CL took someone else’s life. Definitely a bad person with no redeeming quality. 

Concubine Lin used food as a weapon against Concubine Wei. Minglan used Concubine Lin's greed and ambition against her. Both were murderers even if they didn't weild a knife. What Minglan did to get revenge for mother was also reprehensible. 

There are no real villains or heroes in the backyard. Just women who were struggling to survive and they can for themselves and their children. 

33 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

I loved it! She runs away when she sees him walking towards her and he turns back & comes at her in the opposite direction lol. I am so awaiting Molan’s reactions

Haha .. I watch today raw eps. So funny when Ming lan realize that GTY actually plan to marry ML instead of RL. 

GTY also know that ML was match with He hong wan from CB.

GTy also said he was so happy till can't sleep when know there cousin of he Hong Wan.  I think gty was the one who invite the cousin and make scene to cancel the engagement between ML and he Hong Wan..  Lol... 

9 hours ago, zenya22 said:

in ep 35, I don't know what strategy that was from the strategems of war that Princess Qi the mother of QHY used to save her life. She saw her in laws killed right before her eyes and she started acting crazy and hysterical and instead of getting killed by the imperial concubine, she got thrown out in the streets. Good thinking lady.... whatever strategy it was, it worked. I am presuming here since the drama did not show how she survived after she got thrown out into the streets but she probably had someone waiting to take her. 

She must have also warned her son Yuan Ruo to stay away and her husband survived too. She seemed to know what was going down. 

@zenya22  I also thought she knew something was up when the concubine called all the ministers wives to the palace and like you I think she gave her husband and son the headsup not to go no where near the palace.. Just say for the sake of it's snowing:w00t: Loved her for that but she had sense enough to play crazy and save her own life.. Who care if she was thrown in the streets like her sister atleast she's alive.. I just don;t get why the imperial; concubine blamed her for her sister death.. It was not her who told them to kidnap the girl and repeatdly rape her.. I thought by her killing that family she let them off to easy.. She could have made that sister end up a divorcee and turned her into a slave after she had been repeatdly rape.. Especially if she had to be a slave to the very man her parents did such a horrible deed for her to have him.. She have made her serve his new wife as they could have gave the order for ML to marry QH..

11 hours ago, watchumlots said:

1)  ConcubineLin... DEAD.  Glad Granny finally caused him to see the light.  Loved that he ran out to see ConcubineLin and confirm what Granny said and felt like such a fool.  'Cause he was!  Some scholar he was to get played so bad by a scheming concubine.  'Hubby' said that he was going to kill her, and the way that servant went after her with that club, it looks like he got his wish.  I think it was more than skin infection that kilt her, she probably had major internal injuries.  Getting whacked like that with a massive club like that one is going to do some major damage:  spine, intestines, you name it! 

@watchumlots  Good seeing you here also.. 

Dad set out to kill her like I've posted before he knew the punisher had special skills that could kill from such blows.. He stop it and sent her out of the home to uphold his dignity.. He could be seen as a husband killer not allowing her to have any medical treatment he knew it would become infectious and she would die.. Remember he told her after he stop her beating that he'll kill her and so he did..

SH trying to blame his youth on his stupidity, Halmoni basically told him she didn't buy that is just he was henpeck.. Now when it come down to Big Mdm dowry she should hacve been checking her assets and demanding her things back the Lil witch Molan would have went to the house with nothing.. She had already gave herself to him (meaning they already had the whole cow why put a bell on it to) Couldn't believe she denanded he get dowry from the wife and granny..   In my opinion they should have thrown both the sluts out of the house after a good beating.

48 minutes ago, mooose said:

Concubine Lin used food as a weapon against Concubine Wei. Minglan used Concubine Lin's greed and ambition against her. Both were murderers even if they didn't weild a knife. What Minglan did to get revenge for mother was also reprehensible. 

There are no real villains or heroes in the backyard. Just women who were struggling to survive and they can for themselves and their children. 

What Minglan did was nothing compared to what CL did to her mother, who was completely innocent.  ML tried to get her father to reopen this issue but he refused.  She finally got proof on her own after going through all that investigation to get to the truth.

As for the whole Molan affair, ML just made them jealous by hinting that she was going to get married to 6th Liang and that made them panic.  She really didn't do anything beyond that except made sure they got caught for the crimes that they came up with themselves.

16 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Now when it come down to Big Mdm dowry she should hacve been checking her assets and demanding her things back the Lil witch Molan would have went to the house with nothing.. She had already gave herself to him (meaning they already had the whole cow why put a bell on it to) Couldn't believe she denanded he get dowry from the wife and granny..   In my opinion they should have thrown both the sluts out of the house after a good beating.

The assets were Sheng properties (SH's assets from the family division) not DaNiang's dowry.  It was considered shameful for a scholar to touch a woman's dowry. Lin demanding other women's dowry was also shameful.

Old Madam pushed SH to carry out family punishment on Lin. It had to be done otherwise his sons and family would never respect him. I have a feeling he might have forgiven her if she hadn't exposed her true colours in that fight.

41 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Haha .. I watch today raw eps. So funny when Ming lan realize that GTY actually plan to marry ML instead of RL. 

GTY also know that ML was match with He hong wan from CB.

GTy also said he was so happy till can't sleep when know there cousin of he Hong Wan.  I think gty was the one who invite the cousin and make scene to cancel the engagement between ML and he Hong Wan..  Lol... 

Yes when she asked him how he knew he said, how wouldn't I know and then she said you organised it. and he explained how. at least that's what I understood with my little knowledge of mandarin

8 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

What Minglan did was nothing compared to what CL did to her mother, who was completely innocent.  ML tried to get her father to reopen this issue but he refused.  She finally got proof on her own after going through all that investigation to get to the truth.

I'm not comparing the acts but the 'intent'. Both Lin and Minglan both carried out acts intending to kill the other party. In fact, ML only confessed after Lin was dead which was her revenge goal. I'm not saying ML is evil but she can be just as blackhearted.

6 minutes ago, mooose said:

The assets were Sheng properties (SH's assets from the family division) not DaNiang's dowry.  It was considered shameful for a scholar to touch a woman's dowry. Lin demanding other women's dowry was also shameful.

Old Madam pushed SH to carry out family punishment on Lin. It had to be done otherwise his sons and family would never respect him. I have a feeling he might have forgiven her if she hadn't exposed her true colours in that fight.

When Concubine Lin was screaming for help in the farmstead prison,ML's aunt said that she has brought shame to the Sheng household and encouraged the servants to ignore giving her medical treatment while bribing them.

Letting CL experience the absence of medical treatment was ML's idea of revenge.Didn't look like old madam or SH had any idea about it.My observations are purely based on the episodes.

2 hours ago, paras said:

Preview of the wedding -

He went all out to show all those people how successful he is now and how good a life ML is going to get. Also I heard that they used this wedding as their wedding in real life. xD I can't help but like him. he is perfect for ML

10 hours ago, gleek49 said:

In the book, the dynasty was all made up. The old emperor had a lot of sons to choose from: Yong Wang = 3rd prince, Yan Wang = 4th Prince and the new Emperor = 8th prince. The 8th prince was young and reigned for a long time. They are not allowed to portray fictional dynasty in broadcasted drama, so the scriptwriters had to find an actual historic time to fit with the story, that's why we have the drama set in Northern Song period and a father-son duo being emperors instead of just 1 prince. And I think this change is connected to GTY falls from grace arc. Because both of these changes are not in the book.

Im not sure that is true because NIF 1/2  are a fictional dynasty right?

5 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I saw the expression too & he had a worrisome expression when the previous emperor told him to never slight GTY & house of Gu & was praising him. GTY will probably go to prison cuz of him but will be released due to Ml & be demoted. He became a foot soldier again right? There will probably be another rebellion & he will be promoted again because of the son,the next emperor

3 hours ago, paras said:

Preview of the wedding -

Omg so excited for the sweet and romantic moments to come.

2 hours ago, mooose said:

I dont really think ML is a murderer its not like she pushed SH to kill Lin it only happened after SH found out Lin was cheating him and never loved him etc.. All ML did was make her sister jealous that is basically it.

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Now when it come down to Big Mdm dowry she should hacve been checking her assets and demanding her things back the Lil witch Molan would have went to the house with nothing.. She had already gave herself to him (meaning they already had the whole cow why put a bell on it to) Couldn't believe she denanded he get dowry from the wife and granny..   In my opinion they should have thrown both the sluts out of the house after a good beating.

Thankfully SH is not some shameless to ask his wife/mother for their dowry so she still did good with basically nothing.

1 hour ago, deslynn88 said:

As for the whole Molan affair, ML just made them jealous by hinting that she was going to get married to 6th Liang and that made them panic.  She really didn't do anything beyond that except made sure they got caught for the crimes that they came up with themselves.

Totally agree ML just made her sister jealous and let them act she never pushed them together or pushed SH to kill Lin at all. 

1 hour ago, mooose said:

I'm not comparing the acts but the 'intent'. Both Lin and Minglan both carried out acts intending to kill the other party. In fact, ML only confessed after Lin was dead which was her revenge goal. I'm not saying ML is evil but she can be just as blackhearted.

Totally disagree i dont think ML set out act's intending to kill Lin she wanted revenge but even if she did set out to kill the murderer of her mother and unborn brother i dont see that as blackhearted either. SH is the one who killed Lin not ML if Lin acted still in love with SH she most likely would not have died. 

1 hour ago, minglan1 said:

When Concubine Lin was screaming for help in the farmstead prison,ML's aunt said that she has brought shame to the Sheng household and encouraged the servants to ignore giving her medical treatment while bribing them.

Letting CL experience the absence of medical treatment was ML's idea of revenge.Didn't look like old madam or SH had any idea about it.My observations are purely based on the episodes.

I mean SH never pushed for treatment either he could have directly sent people there to treat her. 

Archived