[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

On every forum, the age issue with Goblin does not die..
And here’s what I dont understand..

Q: Is 19 a legal age in your country
A: NO
Me: Then I completely understand if you have issues with romance, but i do hope that your country doesn’t support any kind of romance for people who have not come off age.. because either you have a problem with a 19 yr old romancing.. or a 30+ yr old interacting with 19 yr old (At any level)

Q: is 19 a legal age in your country
A: Yes
Me: Then what is your problem? Was it on someone’s whim and fancy that a legal age was set up? Or have they proved it that all interactions with an age gap of more than XXX years are cases of pedophilia?
A: My freedom to have an opinion
Me: A opinion is something that has some logic to it. This is just dogmatic approach.. and it is cringeworthy.. where you think that you are qualified to judge others, their relationship and look down upon other’s mental capabilities..

Q: Are all 30+ people pervy around you?
Q: Do you consider only a real physical relatioship with a younger person cringeworthy or even the thoughts of such relationship?
Q: Do you feel horrible about yourself when you crush on an actor far younger than you?
Q: What is a good age gap for a relationship to be normal?

Q: Are women who are career driven , vile loathsome women? Well because natural order is to reproduce babies and take care of them.. so deviating from the usual makes them horrible? ( WELL .. then why is age gap in a relationship bad just because its not common?)

Q: Who should a 19 yr old be dating?
A: XX age
Q: Wait a minute! Why should she be allowed to date at all.. if she is immature and not capable of making such emotional decisions?

• Like 13

No theory can give a reason for ET, Goblin, GR to survive.. except for god's intervention..

I mean he really needs to be in a good mood and sort out lives of these three... death can't approach those protected by god.. that's the world order.. nothing surpasses god..

So, let's see.. when the butterfly comes in next

• Like 13

4 hours ago, ktiminie said:

NATIONWIDE TV RATING EPISODE 6

AGB Nielsen: 11.618% (Seoul: 14.772%).

Reveal hidden contents

xdZnif.jpg

1fFaE7.jpg

Source: Nielsen

-------------------------

Goblin - Nationwide AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1: 6.322%

Episode 2: 7.904%

Episode 3: 12.471%

Episode 4: 11.373%

Episode 5: 11.507%

Episode 6: 11.618%

And the magic kiss again in spoiler gckg.gif

Hide contents

thank you so much fot the rating information!! :wub:

I'm happy too that it keepson increasing and ho^pe it keeps that way all along it's running time!! Goblin Fighting!! :heart: 

3 hours ago, marie67 said:

I swear GONG YOO will be the death of me. He has aged so finely, I want to kidnap him and marry him :phew:. How can his smile be so attractive? This man is the embodiment of MANLY HOTNESS.

Glad the ratings keep getting higher. 

My guess: they need to be deeply in love before she can touch his sword (aka consummate the wedding). But he can't just die yet because there is no closure yet on his life. I hope to see more jealous petty goblin in the next episodes, he is just so damn hot and cute when he is being petty and showing off. 

YES!! I agree with you!! :love: 

yes, I think so!!

hhhhhhhhhhh we will chingu we will!! :lol: 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Some of us thought that if the sword is pulled out, KS becomes human... Well, if so that would mean that pulling out the sword means his death, just as god and goblin! God mentioned that once the sword is taken away, it/he turns into dust and can have peace: the sword represents his resent against God, the king and himself. Once he is freed from his resent (from the sword), he can become mortal again and live a normal and peaceful life. I believe, KS took god's words too literally and since he is not free from resent (he has not forgiven God, himself and the king), the sword remains in his chest. 

that can be the case too!! but why can't she even touch it?!! why not touch it but not being able to pull it if that's the case?!! 

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

"Do I have to watch a drama that portrays a pedophile in 2016?" one netizen wrote. "The man who looks like he is middle aged and a minor falling for each other is being portrayed as romance...It's disgusting."

i feel we are not watching the same drama!I love the story very much there is nothing disgusting.OMG They even stressed that the dialogues between the two lead stars are uncomfortable to watch???

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 1st thing he/she doesb't know what "Pedophilia" is!! and 2nd thing, by his/her logic if he's 1000 years old but looks like he's in his 20s that would be fine but it's "disgusting" here because he looks in his 30s?!! what difference would that be other than the aging look and not the real age?!! :lol: 

if he/she's that uncomfortable he/she can just stop watching!! :lol: I'm SO COMFORTABLE AND LOVING MY OTP!! :heart: 

4 hours ago, millie10468 said:

That new guy's coming in so Eun Tak can identify exactly what kind of feelings she has for KS, isn't he? I can only tolerate love triangles where it's extremely clear the pendulum swings in one direction and not the other.

Plus, who could possibly rival the most awesome goblin in the entire universe? Surely not some university guy. right? Right?

That netizen obviously isn't acquainted with the definition of pedophilia.

RIGHT!! there is no rivaly there to beging with!! :lol: who can rival our AWESOME Goblin?!! ;):love: 

cr:  gongyoo.gallery

swoooooooooooooooooooooon :love: 

• Like 20

9 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:Did anyone knows what is in Eun Tak's book?  It was Kim Shin's diary rite?  She copied it?  The Chinese characters that she couldn't understand? 

Yeah i think she copied it from Goblin's diary, i don't know how she can memorize it in short time. But if it's true that she copied the diary, she could know eventually the consequence of the sword's pulling. Since neither Goblin nor GR would tell her the consequence.

Anyway it was very funny when ET said that maybe because Goblin was a warrior so his memory was rather stink LOL, i like her character 

• Like 12

I have just finished watching Episode 6, where we see more of our Goblin's growing feelings for Eun Tak and his inner conflict. One of the themes for this episode is predominantly life and death, and parallels the Goblin's decision and indecision. We see him wavering between choosing life or death, wanting to end his 900-year-old pain and to die, and yearning to live and to be with Eun Tak, but fundamentally he wishes for her future to be secured and for her to smile like she does and to live happily. 

In the end, we have expected things to have happened to the Goblin, but we are treated to their first kiss! This completely blew my mind, and made me ridiculously happy. I was even muttering. "Oooooh, Eun-Tak-i ! You did well! 잘했어! :w00t:"

I then thought that even we, as the audience, are sent on an emotional, turbulent journey, quite like the Goblin's. We could be ecstatically happy one moment, or we could be feeling sad and depressed the next. :sweatingbullets:

We find out a little bit more about the Red Lady too. I know that there have been many speculations about who she could be, but I thought it is rather significant that she appears in an episode where the predominant themes are the Goblin's decision / indecision and life / death. It hints at her divinity and her omnipresence in life and in death, and in the plot of the series. She could stop death, and offer life. She could bring together lonely souls and offer a chance at life, or foretell bad tidings to come. She seems like the writer of the fates of all our characters - Ji Eun Tak, Kim Shin, our "Kim Woo Bin", Sunny, the sick boy on the hospital bed, our "Andy Lau", everyone.

I did wonder if... she could be one of the many faces of the almighty. I am particularly struck by the conversation between our Goblin and the Grim Reaper. They have both admitted that they have not seen the face of the almighty and yet humans apparently see the almighty every day. The Red Lady appears in front of the human characters in the show all the time and supposedly does not appear in front of our Goblin or the Grim Reaper. So, could the Red Lady be... one of the many forms of the almighty?

There is a discrepancy in this theory though - the Grim Reaper has met the grandma Red Lady, and he appears not to express great surprise that the grandma Red Lady could see him, and also knows what his work involves. This could indicate that the Grim Reaper may know who the Red Lady is. If this is true, he will not have said that he has not met the almighty while having a heart-to-heart, man-to-man conversation with the Goblin, unless he has mistakenly believed her to be the goddess of fertility and birth, which many of us believe that she is. I am honestly very curious about the Red Lady, and look forward to the role that she would play in the story.

Anyway, this is just my wild theory about the Red Lady, but there has to be some significance between the words of the Goblin and the Grim Reaper, and the Red Lady's restricted appearance in front of the human characters of the show.

• Like 22

Just now, RobinM said:

Not really. They have not done anything illegal or inappropriate.  

NO, done nothing wrong.. but this fact gives a context to people who are feeling that this romance is wrong..

Imagine a 6 yr old falling in love with 40 yr old..

If a society thinks before 20 people are or should not be allowed to take decisions and operate as complete individuals.. having issues with this romance is understandable

• Like 6

I find it interesting (in a funny sense since netizen already make me laugh at the things they come up with or do) to cast this as a pedophile show but show less argument or complain like crazy when there is young actress under the age 18 acting with actor 10 years or more their age.

It does make me wonder if their complaint is really the age thing or that they way KGE portray the character in that sometime she does seem like a high schooler, sometime it feel like she was acting as a 12 year (which I seen some has voice out)

*sigh* just can never please netizen overall. 

Anywho based on the preview of the accident, I'm hoping there won't be any amnesia card being played in this drama. You been good to me, drama. Please don't play the amnesia card, please. My gut just hit a irking feeling from the preview and how Shin future sightseeing of her without him as though he no longer exist - it just make the future premonition of Shin seem logic cause if she forget him, then he doesn't exist in her mind. Please don't do it.

I did have a hunch it would be to soon for her to pull the story. To have the reaper living with him and Sunny in this lifetime must mean that their fate must intertwine once more and undo the mistakes of the past first. I feel like the God is punishing Shin for something more than just slaying people (as he was protecting his country). There must be more to his punishment as it is to reaper and he won't be freed by his punishment until he undo the mistakes of the past. To have 3 that are tie to the past with 2 being the reincarnation means there is something more at hand particularly with the Granny bring them all together.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, am420 said:

The moment between Grim (KWB) and KS where they discussed the age gap was both hilarious and very tongue in cheek especially because KS's response was essentially, so what. I especially like where he basically told Grim that he didn't actually start living until he met ET. In his wildest dreams KS probably would not have imagined that someone like ET would be his bride much less that he would have feelings for her. Their dynamic is so great and I'm enjoying the pacing of their romantic relationship. 

I can't stop laughing on this scene. KWBssi must be learned that dialogs somewhere from the morning drama he's been watching all these years. Look how age is not equivalent with emotional maturity. We've learned a lot from EunTak this episode.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

NO, done nothing wrong.. but this fact gives a context to people who are feeling that this romance is wrong..

Imagine a 6 yr old falling in love with 40 yr old..

If a society thinks before 20 people are or should not be allowed to take decisions and operate as complete individuals.. having issues with this romance is understandable

your give wrong example imagine...6 years old...this drama 19 years..its youth versus children..its so different.. .so this example cannot used in here..

This drama not reality..its fantasy...Why we can accept beauty and beast and twilight?Just promo film the real  beauty and beast will be cinema in next year.

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Lee Dong Wook Gets Some Hilarious Suggestions For Names On “Goblin”

Spoiler

On the December 16 episode of tvN’s “Goblin,” Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na’s love story started developing in earnest.

Spoilers

In the episode, Sunny (Yoo In Na) met the grim reaper (Lee Dong Wook) by chance at an overpass and she asked him bluntly why he didn’t call her. The two of them went to a nearby cafe but the grim reaper was hilariously out of his depth in dealing with Sunny, though he did say, “Because you smile, I keep looking at you.”

As the grim reaper is not human, he got hung up on not having a human name. This was the reason that he was not able to call her, as well as not knowing how to use a smartphone.

Eventually the grim reaper asked Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) to give him a human name and requested, “Give me the name of a man that women like.” Eun Tak suggested Hyun Bin, Won Bin, and Kim Woo Bin, finally adding, “What about Park Bo Gum?”

Finally the (still nameless) grim reaper was able to call Sunny (with the help of Gong Yoo) and the two of them set up a date, furthering their burgeoning love story even more.

“Goblin” airs every Friday and Saturday. Catch the show on Viki exclusively in Europe!

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/17/lee-dong-wook-gets-hilarious-suggestions-names-goblin/

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll always link Kim Woo bin and Lee Dong Wook to each other from now on!! :lol: 

cr:  koreanalley

the Grim Reaper likes Kim Woo Bin's name and use it to win his crush's interest!! :lol: 

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Chincha??? Seriously this folks are a bit much. She is 19 is she not? she's not 9! I read the article too...

http://en.yibada.com/articles/179582/20161217/goblin-promoting-pedophilia-tvn-gong-yoo-kim-go-eun.htm

Nothing confirmed but rumours of American remake with again rumours of Keanu Reeves as Goblin :w00t:

http://www.thebitbag.com/goblin-korean-drama-to-have-an-american-remake/213076

WOW!! that's impressive!! 

4 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Morning sweetness from our bromance...

Oh my... their expression... I really love these two! :wub:

Credit to owner.

this

tumblr_oici16meLx1qk7bkio4_r1_540.gif

cr: owner

OH MY GOD!! I kept replaying it many many times!! :wub: it started with Lee Don Wook/Wang Yeo's held laugh and ended with Gong Yoo/Kim Shin's lough!! :love: I love how they are getting closer to each other with each passing day!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

Just finished watching ep6 and I love this show so much. There's just so much beauty in the show and so much love for its characters. I've read all those comments about how the show seems to be portraying paedophilia and I seriously don't know why people are just so bothered by it and not focusing on the bigger picture of what the show is trying to do.

My thoughts here: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/the-lonely-and-shining-goblin-episode-6/

thank you chingu!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, jeijei said:

KS gave ET my perfume, The Body Shop White Musk. I use the perfume oil bc it lasts longer than the spray.

really?!! hhhhhhhhhhhhh now your perfume will always remind you of our OTP!! ;)

• Like 23

17020804.jpgRelated imaged9515bc2-907c-4380-8364-bbbd5f48ac8e.jpg

As I started to watch episode 6 and I was a bit tired from a long day I was taken in by the sight of ET softly & tenderly wiping the Goblins tears.  I wondered what he was thinking at that moment, what was he feeling listening to her words as she defended him in a way.  Wondering about  the whys and how and wanting to know so much more about him.  She is smart enough to know there is more to this story and she isn't willing to give into his quick answers that only peak her interest even more.  Yet she is young enough & naive in a sense in not fully understanding the fate & power of the sword...

Just watching them both crying and tears falling its such a tender moment he is hurting and she is hurting just watching him.  I was thinking isn't that how real love is when someone you love is in pain your fist instinct is sharing in that pain and next your overcome with the need to comfort & even protect them anyway you can...

I thought it was amazing writing her coming back with she wasn't taking the sword out and that she felt sorry for him and he needed to try and make his own self more beautiful.  It was like crying and then almost laughing at the same time.  The Goblin quickly offers her house, jewels, money and even love but he doesn't get it.  She doesn't want forced love and in truth I think all the other things are not as important to her as they once were.  I have a feeling he has slowly changed her too!  She wants him to be beautiful to find himself and be free of this pain...

As for the GR officially now known as Kim Woo Bin I laughed so hard he is just killing me with his stiff & slow response even how he holds his body and service industry that was perfection LOL!!!  It's not just the OTP that are so amazing to watch it's all the characters that surround them.   This is why this writer understands her viewers and is loved because she builds closeness & stories within the story and characters that are interesting no matter how big or small their part is everyone is easy to embrace and makes the story that much better...

It seems the Goblin & the GR would share the same feelings in this episode jealousy LOL:crazy:The Bromance in which we witness is also a signature of this writer.  She knows all to well how to make magic with the interchanging of words and interaction between the two of them who seem opposite at first but are closer than either will admit or thought possible.  Their leaning on each other teasing one another and sharing their feelings is more about friendship and having someone who knows you and even more understands you...

The Goblin continues to feel pulled but it's no wonder and in a way he and ET share something as well being loved for the first time really being loved and cared for and needed.  ET says maybe he is sick and I was thinking he is...  Love sick...

Later when the Goblin is one by one expressing his last will in person a sadness came over me and also watching him putting ET off without her even knowing he was quietly pleading for just one more day to walk, to think, to see to soak up everything he could the beauty around him and her beauty that in itself is living...

As we see ET sitting reflecting on her moments with the Goblin and the melody of Beautiful starts each word of the song pulls a little harder at your heart  and you a little closer.  Dang at that moment I found myself reflecting a little too in thinking how precious life is forgive me it might be the season or the Christmas tree all I know is this scene touched me...

A beautiful field, snow falling around them and she isn't able to pull the sword out talk about perfection but whats really funny was last night while reading this thread I thought what if she isn't the bride but held back as we often do not wanting to seem crazy.  But now I think she is even if she can't pull the sword out mainly because I think him saving her at the start and now in a way her saving him by giving him this new lease on life and his heart changing as well.  Makes me wonder if it's about helping him heal within himself and that maybe the bride was never meant to end his life but to give him life...

What a kiss and what an ending:w00t:That beautiful field might not have been meant to be an ending but instead a beginning...

credit & thanks to original owners of photos & quote...  Forgive my long post:wub: