[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Lee Dong Wook Gets Some Hilarious Suggestions For Names On “Goblin”

Cz2Asm4VEAAHxVN.jpg

On the December 16 episode of tvN’s “Goblin,” Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na’s love story started developing in earnest.

Spoilers

In the episode, Sunny (Yoo In Na) met the grim reaper (Lee Dong Wook) by chance at an overpass and she asked him bluntly why he didn’t call her. The two of them went to a nearby cafe but the grim reaper was hilariously out of his depth in dealing with Sunny, though he did say, “Because you smile, I keep looking at you.”

As the grim reaper is not human, he got hung up on not having a human name. This was the reason that he was not able to call her, as well as not knowing how to use a smartphone.

Eventually the grim reaper asked Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) to give him a human name and requested, “Give me the name of a man that women like.” Eun Tak suggested Hyun Bin, Won Bin, and Kim Woo Bin, finally adding, “What about Park Bo Gum?”

Finally the (still nameless) grim reaper was able to call Sunny (with the help of Gong Yoo) and the two of them set up a date, furthering their burgeoning love story even more.

“Goblin” airs every Friday and Saturday. Catch the show on Viki exclusively in Europe!

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/17/lee-dong-wook-gets-hilarious-suggestions-names-goblin/

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, andy78 said:

"Do I have to watch a drama that portrays a pedophile in 2016?" one netizen wrote. "The man who looks like he is middle aged and a minor falling for each other is being portrayed as romance...It's disgusting."

i feel we are not watching the same drama!I love the story very much there is nothing disgusting.OMG They even stressed that the dialogues between the two lead stars are uncomfortable to watch???

I was so disgusted when I read those comments. Those are words that should not be trowed out carlessly like that. Pedophilia is defined as this: "...a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children." The Drama is far far away from portraying a pedophile relationship.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, shynaz said:

Just cool down..relax..Can I wish goblin use power of sword to him/ her

I KNOW THE FEELING!!!WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THEM?SHE IS ALMOST TWENTY NOT 14-15!

1 minute ago, Sarang21 said:

The Drama is far far away from portraying a pedophile relationship.

I AGREE...IS A SWEET AND TENDER LOVE STORY I HOPE THE WRITER WON'T LISTEN TO THEM AND CHANGE IT

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

"Do I have to watch a drama that portrays a pedophile in 2016?" one netizen wrote. "The man who looks like he is middle aged and a minor falling for each other is being portrayed as romance...It's disgusting."

i feel we are not watching the same drama!I love the story very much there is nothing disgusting.OMG They even stressed that the dialogues between the two lead stars are uncomfortable to watch???

Haters think everything but themself a mistake. No need to pay attention to them waste your time and energy just enjoy the drama :)

20 minutes ago, andy78 said:

I KNOW THE FEELING!!!WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THEM?SHE IS ALMOST TWENTY NOT 14-15!

I AGREE...IS A SWEET AND TENDER LOVE STORY I HOPE THE WRITER WON'T LISTEN TO THEM AND CHANGE IT

Actually I considered today´s kiss as a response from the writer  that she doesn`t care and that she is going to continue the story like how she wants it.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, staygold said:

Also what's with that random shot of GR and Sunny in cafe when KS is telling his story!!!! Might as well have some pointer arrows and labels for king and queen!!! It is too obvious!! There is a catch somewhere!!! It can't be this simple!!!!!!

@enigmatic_zephy LOL for truck of doom and the 6 episode rule!!!

@staygold thanks for the great comment.  I did notice this shot.  I don't think it was random.  I thought her expression was similar to the "King's" expression just before it...King has an intense expression looking down on Goblin and Sunny looking down on GR.  Just my initial impression. 

• Like 11

Instead painful ep we get a KISS! :wub:

Why the preview always contain dangerous thing in it to keep fans in suspense well whatever I'll keep positive mind ^o^

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

Thats why I say sword goblin..I want to wish grim reaper but its to much:phew: She is not kid and mature..Tq writer make she make the first kiss.Can I hope goblin will learn how make to hot kiss from youtube ?

• Like 10

I want to mention episode 5 again.I love writer show consistent goblin is stingy.He will be most richest in the world but its stingy is number one also.How can he say he will keep things of Et if Et out the house:sweatingbullets: and also scene he dont want to buys things in the cashier... :sweatingbullets:

:w00t::w00t:

• Like 11

Just finished watching ep6 and I love this show so much. There's just so much beauty in the show and so much love for its characters. I've read all those comments about how the show seems to be portraying paedophilia and I seriously don't know why people are just so bothered by it and not focusing on the bigger picture of what the show is trying to do.

My thoughts here: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/the-lonely-and-shining-goblin-episode-6/

• Like 5

The new guy in the preview is the actor Jung Hae-In and he is listed as a cameo. So we can all rest assured that we will not get the typical love triangle. But i´m looking forward to him making KS jealous . He was even jealous at the unknown guy, that the future ET was meeting lol

• Like 22

12 hours ago, lkgy99 said:

Snl korea Goblin parody :w00t::w00t::w00t:
uri ks nooooo :bawling:

Thanks for posting the SNL Korea parody's of Goblin.  Is there anywhere we can see them with Eng Subs.  Laughed so hard!!!

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, jina_bing_bang said:

I was also thinking of how some people are looking at this as a pedophile relationship and maybe triggered by it and I can see where those people are coming from but this is a drama, and the characters are the age gap problem where I see it because she is 19 and he is 938 [in his 30s]. Also, in real life he is 37 and Kim Go Eun is 25. 

It is interesting because there are a lot of other dramas both Asian and American shows where male and female age gaps are common, as males tend to have partners who are YOUNGER than them while older female actress' get less of the female lead roles too. It is just interesting what people pick up on and want to point out because I have seen student-teacher relationships portrayed where I didn't hear news of people thinking it was pedophile behavior. I don't know it is an interesting discussion among netizens and what the "society" standards are for men and women...

I just want to watch more of the drama :sweatingbullets:

They forget the story beauty and beast.Poor them

• Like 11