[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, staygold said:

That could be possible. But I thought the missing souls were souls missed by the GR after he receives the cards. The Eunuch would have died may be a day after the king died. Unless the heavenly bureaucracy works really fast I dont see eunuch being GR's missing soul number 2. :w00t:

@ShinRaeMi You were right!! The subs point that the eunuch seems to be the missing soul. That seems to be a soul that knows how to hide from the reapers!

I was wondering how come the eunuch's ghost found its way to Sunny's shop. The ghosts seem to be doing lot of advertising for the goblin bride!!

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 I was always wondering why RL said to DH that she's so angry. What you said might be right. She was forced to tell it to KS as if somebody commanded her to do it. RL is angry because she loves both KS and ET but one of them has to die. Maybe she thinks that the deity, which is DH, is really harsh to the two children she created (just like what ET thinks).

@staygold it seems GR Yeo just got the assignment of the missing soul 20 years ago. He was not the original GR who missed to capture the evil adviser. 

• Like 9

Hi all, i have been reading all along of this Goblin Forums and reallyy enjoyed the analysis and all news or update or bts. The news here really come faster than anywhere.. (Well i don't know any other forums than soompi actually hahahhaa)

I reallly love this drama. Maybe this is the first drama that i never got bored even if i watched it over and over again. I watched this drama actually because my friends tell this is really a good drama and hear about the scriptwriter is one of my favorite (KES). I am not really big fan of LDW or YIN or even GY. I just know KGE from Cheese in the trap and really like her since then. But after watches this drama.. woww.. i really fell in love for GY!! So i started watch Coffee Prince then hahaha.. 

This drama really being loved, i think The subtitles comes really fast! I am from Indonesia and can watch the subs at 10.30 pm here. 

Oh i wanna say thx for @packmule3 for your analysis and explanation. You really has an extensive knowledge and i can learn more of english from you. Thx, I'm sorry if my english kind of sucks. Still learning.

Btw, finally we know the other missing souls hahaha.. Never knew it would happened (refer to ending of ep 11)

Good night!! Can't wait for ep 12 tomorrow!!!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ShinRaeMi said:

I haven't seen him together with the leads in a group poster, I only saw a solo poster of him. Oh well, maybe I missed that.

But still, Sungjae is a lead here. Even Dramabeans counts him as a main cast. Main cast = lead role. Supporting cast = supporting role. That's how they view it in Korea. You even said that he is a third lead here. So it means, it's a leading role.

I honestly don't care if KDY's role is a lead or not. Since Sungjae's role is different. I just feel it is more significant in the story and has a more impact. Especially with his position in the promotional stills. He's placed in the center. Sometimes, those are clues, you know.

Wow that makes sense. I remember jokingly making a post on DB that the photoshopping looks bad and DH is looking like he's floating above, then later came to the original picture and he was sitting on the edge of the sofa for real. So, this has to be intentional. So the posters are important after all. I remember the significance of Reply'88's title page too :S.

• Like 9

Am I right in surmising that, back injoseon times, when Goblin sees the teacher.. she was pregnant.. and basically ET was the unborn child back then too?

That's what he meant right when he said looking at ET "You had stopped by then too without knowing".. and then a second flashback of teacher walkingbackwards.. and joseon Goblin looking at her tummy

• Like 2

Aneyong CHINGUS... I cried again:tears: i dont know y i cry wenevr thr is a sad scene in ths serial i nvr felt ths kind of feelings for othr serial... But now i truly feel wang yoe is actually a fool a cute fool but still a fool i nvr use to understand y Ks always refer the king as fool but in ths ep i understood why? He is easily influenced by that EVIL eunuch either he is the king or GR... But still i feel sad for him he doesn't know hw to express his emotions towards our beutiful queen:anguished: and FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY V WILL KNOW WHO IS OUR DH i think he is that butterfly angle who is always with our goblin... And today ep had way too many scenes of our goblin couple which shows thr understanding and trust towards thr relation finally they r moving forward and those stole my heart it was tooo cute.:heart:

Knetizen comments about Kim Go Eun's doppelganger. I'm just so relieve to read positive comments instead of the usual hated comments from them at the beginning of Goblin. I'm glad that they are viewing her positively and showing her some love.

Kim Go Eun's doppelgänger, Top Secret's Kyungha

201701061337313856724_20170106134510_01_

Naver Pop - Naver: 'Kim Go Eun's doppelganger' Top Secret Kyungha "It's an honor" 

1. [+3,019, -14] He could fool a lot of people if he cross dresses into a woman ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,487, -24] They really do look alike ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,094, -16] I thought it was photoshopped at first ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+1,833, -11] When I saw the photo, I thought Kim Go Eun went for a more shocking hairstyle

5. [+1,420, -15] Wow the resemblance is uncanny ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+208, -1] They could pass off as twins ㅋㅋㅋㅋI bet they would be so shocked when they meet each other ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+186, -1] It looks like she just changed her hairstyle and clothes ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+179, -1] Out of all her lookalikes so far, he resembles Kim Go Eun the most. This is the first time I'm getting goosebumps over two people who look alike ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+177, -1] Ah they look alike for real

10. [+169, 0] I read "top secret" and thought it was spoilers for Goblin, that her character has a doppelganger or something!! It's going to feel realistic if they get cast as twins someday

11. [+140, 0] Ooh they look alike ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Are they siblings? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+108, -3] What if they were born as twins but the nurse gave the other twin to the wrong parents by mistake?? Then, they grew up and meet as actress and singer.. I should stop watching way too much dramas

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.com/2017/01/kim-go-euns-doppelganger-top-secrets.html

• Like 11

3 hours ago, naritul said:

HAVE BEEN WAITING 11 EPISODES TO SEE THIS HUGGING SCENE

WHEN WILL I SEE THE "REAL" KISSING SCENE?

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT 900 YEARS 

WHO IS THE OTHER MISSING SOUL?

Reveal hidden contents

probably the evil eunuch is the other missing soul and he has been wandering for 900 years

KIM SHIN.... GIVE US THE REAL KISS and the rating will skyrocketing!!!! more than today.... 

bwahahahahahaha "i don't want to wait 900 years" i'm laughing out loud now and it's midnight here :w00t:

first of all thanks to all recapers, though i'm not live watching the streaming with you guys, reading all the post, i feel like watching the episode itself. i've watched couple of short video from this episode and that evil eunuch HOLYSHAT! i'm worried for our ET. i know KS will save him no matter what but still...

the ost aaaaaah it's roy kim's voice right? so heavenly :wub:

all in all another great episode tonight i supposed, gonna watch it with sub tomorrow/today :)

have a lovely smile from uri ShinTak :heart:

tumblr_ojd7ewUu011vgpgago1_400.gif tumblr_ojd7ewUu011vgpgago2_400.gif

gifs cre: jamesandchriss2

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

What made Goblin stay for a long time in my heart:

It's all about KIM family

• Kim Shin
  • Kim Sun
  • Eddy Kim
  • Sam Kim
  • I just read someone post new ost by Roy Kim

Ow! Don't forget uri Grim Reaper also KIM Woo Bin.

WE are really really really have deep connection, I think we met before in the previous life, hahaha, I prepared the img to post here, and it's about KIM things, 

Screenshot_923.png

the last one is Roy Kim <Heaven>

we have ROY KIM for the next OST (or the last)

KIM again! so we have Sam Kim, Eddy Kim and Roy Kim for the OST. is it coincidence? or like the outfit? 

• Like 5

Re-DH:

While watching the first episodes, I always wondered what happened to the kid that was thrown into the water in the ship. Like the guys threw him in the sea (while there is a tempest) and then Goblin gets mad and all. I was anxious about the kid because... well... he took a while for KS to punish the bad guys and all I could think about was that the kid had probably already drown. But then we see that the lineage is still alive so I figured Goblin had managed to save him, perhaps at the last minute like he did with ET's mother...

Now I am wondering if perhaps that kid was also saved by someone else. Perhaps God (or whatever Diety we are dealing with here) saved him, preserved his life so that he could stay next to Goblin.

That would also explain why the DH we know is the reincarnation of that particular kid, like Goblin himself said the first time he met him...

goblin1-00414.jpg

Perhaps he is a vehicule for the Deity...

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, KHOGirl said:

I have a question, how did goblin meet Eun Tak in the past ? where exactly ?? I did not understand the scene

He saw her through the teacher past life's future, pretty confusing yeah?

The teacher = The lady serving foods in joseon era

while Goblin saw the lady in joseon era he foresee her future as a teacher and there he saw ET

hope it helps :)

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Re-DH:

While watching the first episodes, I always wondered what happened to the kid that was thrown into the water in the ship. Like the guys threw him in the sea (while there is a tempest) and then Goblin gets mad and all. I was anxious about the kid because... well... he took a while for KS to punish the bad guys and all I could think about was that the kid had probably already drown. But then we see that the lineage is still alive so I figured Goblin had managed to save him, perhaps at the last minute like he did with ET's mother...

Now I am wondering if perhaps that kid was also saved by someone else. Perhaps God (or whatever Deity we are dealing with here) saved him, preserved his life so that he could stay next to Goblin.

That would also explain why the DH we know is the reincarnation of that particular kid, like Goblin himself said the first time he met him...

this!!! actually that question about the kid in the ship is floating in my head, is he dead? if he dead, why the lineage still alive to serve Goblin till now, and why Dokhwa is so special? with those ability, and, in other word, all this time, dokhwa is pretend to didn't know about the circle around his ahjussi and sunny and euntak. ah... I think I should sleep. 1.31AM. and tomorrow will be an important meeting, but now I still wandering in front of my laptop and reading all your analysis. and dear @bebebisous33 I will never missed your posts anymore now. 

*turn on the notification email again*

Good night everyone!

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, KHOGirl said:

I have a question, how did goblin meet Eun Tak in the past ? where exactly ?? I did not understand the scene

Same! Would someone pls explain it to us, chingus? 

And by the way.... IS IT JUST ME OR DID GONG YOO LOOK EXTRA HANDSOME AND HAWT IN EPISODE 11?!?!?!?!

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, melonpark said:

And by the way.... IS IT JUST ME OR DID GONG YOO LOOK EXTRA HANDSOME AND HAWT IN EPISODE 11?!?!?!?!

in the past (joseon) he saw the future of that woman(eun tak teacher) and in her future he saw eun tak

Edited by Rezvaneh Mo
  • Like 13

28 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Re-DH:

Now I am wondering if perhaps that kid was also saved by someone else. Perhaps God (or whatever Diety we are dealing with here) saved him, preserved his life so that he could stay next to Goblin.

Perhaps he is a vehicule for the Deity...

goblin mentioned that.. that was the first time he interfered with life and death.. aka. saved the boy

Today's episode is exceptionally b'ful..

the use of pastel colours and hazing/ blurring of shades into one another is so prominent..

Gey, yellow, red, and blue (n mix of black) .. is all they have used in today's episode.. and those b'ful painting like effects.. when borders merge into eachother... highlighting what is at the center (the character in the frame and basically the moment/mood in that second)

• Like 12

This episode seems sweet and bitter, sweet for Goblin couple but so bitter for the Royal couple. Just getting worried that Goblin couple will face a bitter episode tomorrow, because sweet never last for a long time in Kdrama..

33 minutes ago, melonpark said:

I tried to answer it in the previous post

39 minutes ago, o--ILuvUKnow--o said:

He saw her through the teacher past life's future, pretty confusing yeah?

The teacher = The lady serving foods in joseon era

while Goblin saw the lady in joseon era he foresee her future as a teacher and there he saw ET

hope it helps :)

• Like 5