[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, mrspotatohead said:

Hey guys! So, like a few people here, I also created an account only to join this forum because I am truly amazed by this drama since episode 1. People here are all so supportive of each other and the theories are all awesome and interesting to read, which brings me to my first post here in soompi. Nice to meet you all!

I solely watched this because of KGE, I love her in CITT and started to follow her other works like Coin Locker Girl, Monster, A Muse, etc, so I truly believe in her acting skill. In addition, this is also my first Gong Yoo drama after watching Train to Busan and I'm constantly falling in love with him in each episode. I even started watching his other works too. Same goes for LDW and YIN. So in conclusion, the one thing we can all agree upon is that this drama is driven by KES exceptional writing, great production crew, and ALL the actors profound and soulful acting. I think that we can see how much work they put in this drama so all is left for us to do is to continue supporting this drama in our own ways despite everybody else's indifference.

With a few days more of waiting I hope everyone can have a great week before we meet again with the continuance of this drama. I'll keep reading this forum till then.

:kiss_wink: xoxo,  

mrspotatohead

Welcome to our cave ... we are happy for each new goblin-cave"woman"

I really don't see the fuss ... yes yes there might be more beautiful actresses about, but in the end the character does not ask for an outstanding beauty, but for an average pretty girl. There are actors AND actresses that are just so-so, others are really beautiful ... I don't care, as long as they can act and make the role they play believable

2 hours ago, Han Ji Eun said:

How I wish it's already Friday :bawling:

Don't get started ... I want the next episode :(!
I think I just start again to rewatch ... I already tried the distracting part in sewing ... but it did not really work ...

• Like 5

I want to share something I was thinking for quite some time. Do you guys tihink that the CEO in ET future is Gobin. He did not see who the CEO is. When the grandfather dies the grandson is not ready to take over then may be Goblin must take over the company for a few years.

• Like 11

Just now, faith2 said:

I want to share something I was thinking for quite some time. Do you guys tihink that the CEO in ET future is Gobin. He did not see who the CEO is. When the grandfather dies the grandson is not ready to take over then may be Goblin must take over the company for a few years.

Kim Shin is the head of the company anyways, so it is quite likely that ET is either meeting DH, as he is second in line, or KS. 
But due to the fact that he did just focus on the waiter seeing ET and on her future he did not see the guy she was with, as that would have been a possibility too ... he could have seen the CEO, but chose not to, as he was to deep into the future of ET without him and without memories of him (as implied by her comment to Sunny on the phone, that she has never been uproad)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, faith2 said:

@faith2 Greetings! The CEO could very well be Kim Shin. As for Deok-hwa, a.k.a. the said grandson in your post, I think he would mature, but there could be some arrangements between the two as to how the Chunwoo Group would be managed later on. 

• Like 6

Happy New Year everyone (I can still say that right, as this is my first post on here for 2017)

I'm glad that even though the show is filming live the story is still pretty tight and the cinematography is still amazing. Episode 9 was so visually beautiful. I'm not shocked that ET ran for the hills when she found out what pulling out the sword actually meant, she would have never agreed to do it if she knew what it meant from the beginning. I'm glad that the reaper told her because she deserved to know, and pulling out the sword and ending KS's life would have devastated her more than knowing what it actually meant. I really love the progression of the friendships between the Grim Reaper and both KS and ET, he's gone from threatening to take ET's soul to demanding that KS get his act together because neither of them want her dead, also his admission that he didn't want KS to die was adorable. I was so glad that KS and ET were both honest about their feelings with each other. I also really love the relationship between Sunny and ET, Sunny telling KS off for making ET cry and her teary eyes when ET returned was super sweet, I absolutely love female friendships in dramas. 

One of my favorite moments in episode 10 was KS sitting talking to the portrait of his sister, it was a call back to episode 2 when he was visiting the burial ground in Canada except this time, for probably the first time in 900+ years, he's doing well. The Goreyo back story was pretty much amazing but now I'm looking forward to seeing more of the king and to see what happens after he realizes that the teacher who raised him was evil, he look so disheveled and distraught in that final scene. KGE is playing the effusive joy of ET so well, her face glows when she's smiling, she's portraying first love so well. The kiss was super cute and really very appropriate for a second-first kiss, ET going back in for another was pretty great. I really like that she's not holding back and that she's asking for what she wants because if she didn't that relationship would go nowhere. 

Poor Grim Reaper getting broken-up with/breaking-up with Sunny on NYE, even with all of the things that he doesn't remember/have he is incredibly sweet especially with Sunny. I'm really curious about how he will regain his memories and how that will affect his relationships with everyone else. After the Goreyo flashbacks I can't help but feel so sorry for him, he trusted the man who raised him but that man was not a good man he was the one who wanted to be a god above the king. I completely understand why the evil teacher was fearful of KS and his influence over the people, his sister was queen, the people loved him as we saw in the first episode, he was a threat not only to the king but to his influence on the king. Grim reaper is definitely having a tough time right now so I hope that he starts getting answers soon. NGL when KS said that they look like a fried egg or a bean sprout I had to pause the episode to laugh, he was so awkward trying to play matchmaker, while poor reaper was dressed as an angel.

I really like how they are wrapping-up all the little storylines as the show progresses so we won't have to wait until the final 2 episodes to wrap up everything. I especially loved ET's ghost friend being her mom's friend and protecting her by stealing the bankbooks. I'm looking forward to seeing if KS and Sunny can develop some kind of sibling relationship, now that it's been established that she's the reincarnation of his sister. I'm looking forward to seeing how both KS and ET survive with the fate that the gods have placed on them. How the Grim Reaper recovers his memory. Whether DH is divine or just good at ordering people to use technology. Not looking forward to grandpa's death though it is the only certain part of life. 

The KGE isn't beautiful stupid debate again. I think that she is beautiful so anytime I read those things I'm just like 

Spoiler

Youre-Entitled-To-Your-Wrong-Opinion-Rea

• Like 15

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

I don't know if anyone answered you but I also looked for it and no luck. I think it might be part 9 or 10 of the OST and might come out later. I will post it here as soon as I find it! Awesome song!

No answer as of yet! The fact that even soompi cannot answer means that song possibly doesn't officially exist yet and I hope, like you suspect, is part of a later OST. Thank you!

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been posted before, but someone spoke about this on the recap of ep 10 on dramabeans, this is a big spoiler, and I definitely don't want to be the killjoy lol, so posting rest of the conjecture in the spoiler section.

Spoiler

So at the ending song of ep 10 , there are the flashback scenes, when Shin was saving Eun Tak's life back in ep 1, and I definitely saw Shin with Eun Tak in her future self, the short hair and the same dress. I don't know if KES wants to spoil the big moment so early or if there is another big twist in making. The only thing that I don't want to happen is Eun Tak loosing her memory of Shin and the time they spent together :S.

XNWzqhE.png

sXF7Se2.png

qL2Ag98.png

• Like 19

Wow! Haven't been on here for only a couple days and it is filled with lots of great fangirling :lol: pictures and videos! It's soo nice to catch up and enjoy all these over coffee in this late afternoon for me. Lol! 

@pirateparade thank you for creating that playlist on Spotify. I use Spotify a lot to listen to music during my drivings and doing schoolwork. Thank you Thank you. :thumbsup:

@selenette Thank you soo much for the characters and their hanja name meanings. I always try to figure out what characters name means whenever I'm addicted to a drama. Thank you soo much for doing that. They have such great names for this drama. :smile:

• Like 14

This question suddenly popped in my mind.  How did we know Grim Reapers were big sinners in their past lives? Was it when KS told GR in the earlier episodes? Is there a possibility KS was just teasing GR to make him feel bad? 

• Like 6

How about a sweet song? 

"Don't Change On Me"

Allan Jackson

Girl you're my sunshine
Chase away the raindrops
Make it all worthwhile
Make all the pain stop

Just like the river
Keep love flowin'
Don't let our world stop
Keep it goin'

I like it just the way you are
Honey don't change who you are
Don't change on me
Don't you change on me

Girl you're my lucky star
Don't change on me
Don't change on me

I used to wonder
Where would I find
Some kind of happiness
And peace of mind
Livin' in the darkness
Then you came
Bringin' sunlight
Easin' my pain

I love you just the way you are
Girl don't change on me
Don't you change on me

Don't change on me
Don't you change on me

If there's a heaven
This is my prayer
Lord knows I wanna know you
We should meet there
And then forever
We'll walk together
Nothin' but sunshine
No more stormy weather

Don't change on me
Don't you change on me

Don't change on me
Don't change on me
Oh now
Don't change on me
Don't you change on me
Don't change on me
Don't change on me
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Rori said:

No answer as of yet! The fact that even soompi cannot answer means that song possibly doesn't officially exist yet and I hope, like you suspect, is part of a later OST. Thank you!

I was actually rewatching episode 1 and the song was also used when ET realizes her mom is dead. So I think it will certainly come out as a OST.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Han Ji Eun said:

I'm aware that KGE is in a relationship but somehow I'm imagining  that during the awards season, GY and KGE would sit next to each other while watching Crush singing :Beautiful  on stage. She would shed some tears and GY would hold her hand to comfort her...

HOW I WISH I COULD SEE THAT   :heart:

hahaha.. me too...

and..  @valzki.. thank you.. i'm happy for having the kiss scene just a day after my birthday.. unfortunately i was away for my new year holiday and i missed the fun of reading live recaps..  I just watched the scene last night and i was "kyaaaaaa" and keep repeating the scene.. i bet @SimbiAni must be very happy.. it was the best birthday present everrrr... 

• Like 5