[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

12 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

after watching ep.8 1- i thought that sunny may be the other missing soul since she's reincarnation of the queen 

2- i want to know why ET names wasn't in death list & why goblin didn't see her in bus accident 

She wasn't supposed to die, i think the skarf is the problem, she was supposed to go back for the skarf and she wasn't in that bus but because goblin brought the skarf to her, changed her fate

3-why woman in red "deity" appeared to goblin in this episode maybe coz he's meddling between life& death in this epi. why she's so tough with goblin & reaper 

exactly, they are meddling between life & death, because of goblin a lot of people who are supposed to be dead are alive, there have to be a balance in the world, if we learn something from Signal is that you can't change somebody's fate without hurting somebody else in process, this people are maybe alive now but others are gonna be hurt.

Best scene: when KS meets deity is so short but important and powerful plus new ost kills me :tears::tears:

i don't know why i've feeling all characters 'll die and meet in afterlife :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

for goblin or another project ?

for goblin theres some articles about kim go eun acting as euntak,she nailed as 19 years old high schooler,her voices and acting just superb,yoo in na straight personality as sunny also got praised

as for other work we know kim go eun is movie actress ,working with great actress in industry (jeon do yeon,kim hye soo) she is winning many awards with her acting,try coin locker girl with park bo gum,she is total tomboy girl,smokes and speak rough

Reveal hidden contents

heres last year tvn drama cheese in the trap holiday greetings,she also so cute potrays hong seol 

Yeah i've seen her in Coin locker girl, she's marvelous in there.

Anyway my fave character of the year is GY as goblin, his acting is superb and his chemistry with ET completed it. 

• Like 8

In ep8 library scene of Eun Tak and the girl student ghost, friend of hers...the ghost noticed that Eun Tak's birthmark on the nape is considerably getting lighter...is it related to her being able to pull out the sword from Goblin's chest or is that Eun Tak is nearing her death sentence since she didn't pulled out the sword - which is what she's supposed to do in this lifetime...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, gutibear said:

It's raining outside my flat right now. And instead blaming the season, I am blaming Goblin's bad mood. What's happening with me and my logic? :confounded:

Kim Shin is sad.... he has to say good bye to his first love. That's why rain fall. Was raining too in my place this morning, still gloomy and cold till now. May be you're right.

Btw, I've done another mp3 of ep6 ending, KimShin last words to EunTak before she pulled the sword. Caption based on @vivvianne22 translation.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Hi everyone! I am new on this forum. I just started watching this drama, needed to recover from some drama that finished. I have to say I am addicted to this drama after 2 episodes. From all the reading, my guess is the grim reaper is the reincarnation of the king? That is just too daebak! :astonished: 

Anyways, going to start catching up with the drama and would like to say nice to meet you all. :grin:

Hi chinguyaaaa! Happy to see you here. I'm glad to see quite a few familiar names here. And I think I know what drama you are trying to recover from. *wink* I'm still failing spectacularly at moving on. 

I do think that GR is King's reincarnation. But there's speculation that he might be Queen and you'll see them make a joke when you watch latter eps. 

Yes yes! This show is too daebak. They dropped quite a lot of stuff on episode 8 but there's still more mystery! My head is still spinning and thinking of a lot of theories. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NRGchick said:

If I am not wrong, she doesn't like the word 'chut' which means first but 'chiut' is hangul for ㅊ. E.g.

첫사랑

chot sarang - first love

첫 키스

chot kiseu - first kiss

첫번째 눈

chot bonjjae noon - first snow

@NRGchick Thanks chingu for the explanation. Did she tell him that in the past episodes? Thanks again! :)

• Like 8

Finished ep 8 with sub...

1. About the younger GR who rents room, it seems he has no idea about who she is. I'm wondering, either because he's new batch or all GR never meets other gods... but GR met her (lady in red) when Et was 9 hmmm...... and he knew that the lady in red was in higher position too! 

Spoiler

1gkbpz.gif

2. GRs have possibility to remember their past life. They have been wondering themselves too why they became Grim Reaper, including Goblin. They're guessing and it's still the almighty God mystery.... Usually people with great sin goes to hell. how they become GR probably bc they're special....

WHY GOD give some GRs exception to remember their past? GOD can do everything, God owns the world, if GOD says "GR will never remember their past life" then it would be happen that way ... That's probably a reward from GOD....

This part which i put under spoiler, i think this one pretty important too, this is a clue... you guys are the best on this drama puzzling... hehehe

Spoiler

1gkbus.gif

3. i like lady in red, personally.

She's in the higher position, heals people too, and she loves children, ET's mom and ET and she was sad when she was telling the younger GR about Sunny-WY story... (She fulfilled her promise to give ET green vegetables, and she's always near ET). Maybe It's part of her job, or kind of task from GOD.

probably, she wants to save ET, so she met KS personally to gave him a warning.

"SO DECIDE NOW" .... he has options now!!! HWAITING KIM SHIN!!!!!

Spoiler

1gkcv7.gif

i think she has no idea too about what will really happen when ET pulls the sword... maybe she's been told that way. KS could change his visions, so he might be able to change their fate depends on his decision... 

I'm sad by looking at "the lady in red" eyes too :tears: how should i call her chinguyaaa? Goddess of Divine Justice? Goddess of Fate?

Spoiler

1gkcxe.gif

4.Finally ET has known. KS will ask ET to pull out the sword, and ET will reject KS's request. This roller coaster feeling really really reminds me Secret Garden... :sweatingbullets:  Preparing tissues for next episode!!

I'm not good for making assumptions... i'm sorry chinguuuu....

He has practiced to call him "orabeoni".. someday we will hear him call KS for sure....

giphy_zpsbszbrdlk.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAY CHINGUYAAAA!!!!

@jellybellymonster I'm sure GR is WY's reincarnation... GR=KING!!! 

• Like 22

merry christmas :wub:

I just watched bts of this drama.Too pack and busy they are shooting.All scene this episode just one - 2 weeks before.I love all are them are so pprofesional in the public.They are smile to people.They just be acting and didnt shy to the people.

Oh I miss them alhtough just one day after episode 8:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

Merry Christmas everyone! 

I've been lurking here for quite some time now and I'm enjoying all of your posts and theories :wub: @Ahpheng, your comic strips are awesome as usual. @packmule3, @theseasasleep, @nearsea and all of the other familiar ones here "Hello! Hugs!" It's always great to see you guys in every forum. @mywebfoot chingu I know you're very active at Tumblr with your theories, I was hoping to run into you here! "Hugs!" @NRGchick Hello! @liddi @JulieSean are you guys in the Goblin bandwagon as well? 

Gong Yoo seems to be having a great run this year with his hit TTB and now Goblin. I've loved him since CP and I've watched a smattering of his latest dramas but they're not as well received as Goblin imo. Kim Shin was tailor made for GY, Kim Eun Sook really came trough with her promise to him, Kim Shin is turning out to be one of the best characters in kdrama history ever. Now speaking of KES, omg her writing here is phenomenal. She's so deep into Korean mythology and lore, her writing for this drama is just inspired. I'd have to say, Goblin is climbing up the charts of being the best kdrama produced ever. Kudos to TVN. Kim Go Eun has recovered fully from the nightmare that was CITT, though I loved her there and as EG in the movie Eungyo, I think in Goblin she's like Ji Eun Tak, in every episode she shines brilliantly. I love how her face radiates happiness in everything related to Kim Shin. Lee Dong Wook as the GR is so endearingly earnest, his maturity as a seasoned actor is evident in all of his scenes. I think his bickerfest with GY is divine. They complement each other perfectly. 

Bring on your theories and speculations guys! I love them all. In the meantime I'm going to play their OST on repeat while preparing for Christmas dinner. Hehe

• Like 24

MERRY CHRISTMAS CHINGUS :heart: 

I actually have a doubt is that butterfly not diety i use thnk it is but aftr ystrday convo between our cute dokaebi and diety i thnk it was not so whts the realtion of bokaebi and butterfly?? And ystrday ep was actually way to intense then i predicted i was crying on evry sad scene jst by thnking plz dont let ths series be sad ending bcoz it actually makes me very sad :confounded:

• Like 7

So the King is banishing KS when he gave him the sword but KS doesn't know what he did wrong because he performed his duty so far according to his King's wishes. If I understood correctly, the King didn't want KS to actually kill himself/die when he reaches a far flung place but to receive "news" that KS died and he can send his message of sorrow/confirm to the populace that KS died. In VIU subs, the King wanted to receive news of KS death. In DF subs, he's much more specific, he wanted to receive news that KS died of typhoid fever. Putting it under spoiler.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20161225_165600.png

Screenshot_20161225_165615.png

King might be jealous of KS's popularity among the soldiers and favor from the people. It might not help that the Queen loves her brother so much and must be so proud of him when talking to her husband. Plus, KS might enjoy a lot of freedom as a citizen while the King is confined to the palace with his ministers pretty much running the show. That minister must've fanned the flames of jealousy by planting the idea that KS will one day usurp the throne from him. He might also think that the Queen will betray him because KS is her brother. We don't know what that minister's beef with KS is but I can imagine he's just angling for more power also. Kim Shin must have returned from his exile hoping that if he eliminated all of Goryeo's enemies, he'll be allowed to come back to his family. Maybe that's why he was stubbornly approaching the King, to plead his case. The Queen must've encouraged her brother to go forward because she must have seen the King getting more unreasonable. 

I'm curious why we didn't see any visible effect on Sunny when KS was writing her name while GR was doubling over with pain. Must've been because KS wrote his name/Wang Yeo with a lot of emotions shown on his face? Anger, sadness, regret or combination? Grandpa said Kim Sun and Wang Yeo are people that KS has kept in his heart in all of his immortal life. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20161225_165859.png

Screenshot_20161225_165909.png

Screenshot_20161225_165953.png

How does one become a Grim Reaper? It's because they committed a great sin. If that's the case then Goblin universe will be brimming with Grim Reapers. And the guy who ran over ET's mom.. He didn't drink the memory-wiping tea and GR said he's going to be punished in the afterlife. So that guy most definitely didn't become a GR. I'm speculating that if you committed a great sin but must've regretted it during your life, then you will be a GR to atone for it. But are they going to be a GR forever?

Me thinks that all of these circumstances happening and all of our characters converging in the same lifetime is so that they can finally have a resolution to their almost millenium old issue. 

Sorry for the long winded essay/wall of text. 

TLDR: So many stuff revealed in episode 8 but there is more to come for backstory during General Kim Shin days and when the King became GR. 

@naritul Read an article with interview of Lee El and she referred to Red Lady as Goddess of Birth. 

• Like 18

@naritul i like lady red too!! it's obvious that she's not happy when she told KS about circumstances surrounding ET's fate. She created ET to end KS immortal life but she didn't know then that they will falling in love with each other (or did she?). Based on current situation, ET is not safe that's why I guess she told KS everything, for ET's sake.

What would ET do now after she knows the truth? Hope she's not leaving. That will just increase her death probability rate without KS protecting her.

• Like 17

Just drop by just to say Merry Christmas for everyone here:wub:

I've been away out of town since thursday for holiday. I guess I'm gonna be super late for replying ur post dear @packmule3 and @maryofbethany. Merry christmas too for both of you :)

I haven't seen ep 7n8 till now, so i haven't read this forum again after page 328. Keep myself from spoiler etc. I'll have so much to read after i go back to my working town tomorrow:sweatingbullets:

• Like 8