[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, SunnySun26 said:

I don't think is set in stone that she's gonna die at 29, depends of which grim reaper is gonna come for her, she was supposed to die at 19 years too. If Wang Yo "Kim Woo Bin" is gonna be sent for her, then without a doubt he's not gonna kill her and there is a possibility that the GR can't find her.

I don't think we know much about her dying if she doesn't pull the sword, could be a lie or a exageration or the true but with some conditions. We need to see a few eps for the whole true because i don't think ET is gonna pull that sword no matter what, especially after finding that he's gonna die if she pulls that sword.

Are we really so sure GR won't reap her, if he's sent her card or stumbles across her at a Quebec restaurant? Today he was (rightfully) upset with KS's wanton interference in death matters. GR's counter to KS about ET dying was "That's her fate then!" I'm not saying he'll enjoy it and I'm not saying he's not actively trying to avoid it - making sure to never say her name (that three times rule, I think), putting off the paperwork, and he looked super-concerned someone had her namecard - but right now he's arguing on the side of letting her be taken. Personally I think once he fully remembers everything, if push comes to shove, he'll try to save her from being reaped for her sake as well as for KS's, but I think that's in the future.

This is the first time I felt like KS did something wrong with his powers. I can't imagine him not saving ET (and I desperately wanted him to save her), no matter the cost to himself, but there are now a lot of people walking who need to be reaped. Also, it was neither a selfless act nor a benevolent gesture by a passing god, his action to stop the accident was deeply personal and wholly emotional. Yeah, someone's getting punished.

Lady in Red isn't telling the full truth to KS but she's probably not lying that ET is officially in imminent danger.

• Like 11

Just say am I crazy when I feel GY or goblin so sexy when he is sleep or in the pain?I keep rewatch all this scene :w00t:

Its too hot handle when look this situation..

I feel worried,sympathy and just feel want to care...:wub:

• Like 12

oh gosh, this episode 8 is kinda creepy, how miserable all our 04 characters are, how tragic the drama becomes TT TT

1 hour ago, bgcldxx said:

i wonder if the red lady said that that is the reason for ET existence then after she pull the sword, there won't be any reason for her existence anymore, which means she have to die anyway @@ then what's the different ? ? 

maybe the difference is that ET won't have to suffer more deadly severe accidents or maybe when finishing this destiny (pulling out the sword), she can live another destiny, her own destiny, like the independent bright 29-year-old woman at Quebec's restaurant?

48 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

and our DH is maturing..

coming into owning up to his duties as a family.. serve the goblin..

I can't stop crying everytime i think how perfect Goblin's life is right now..

1. His sister reincarnated and is alive in the same time as now... and so close

2. The one boy with whom goblin's journey started has reincarnated after all these years and is right back with him to serve him again

3. The king whom goblin gave the ultimate respect and position in his life (thy words are my command) .. has not only met him but befriended him and has become his one true friend

4. He has found his first love..

It is one big happy family and now they want him to die!!..

I challenge you to a debate round.. GOD!.. pick any k drama and any scene that defies logic.. and i will debate for the scene.. winner gets a wish granted (unconditionally!)

yeah you nail it, how perfect Goblin's life is right now TT TT 

but but... the lady in red (the God of Birth) told Kim Shin that when he was first born as Kim Shin, she wished him happiness. I guess that since he had not lived a single day in happiness before he was killed by the King, the god of birth made him re-born as a dokkaebi so that he can experience such a happy life now, and as a principle, when a person completed his destiny - the god of birth's wish, it's time for his life to end now? 

I still believe, however, to uncurse the curse, pulling out the sword is a must, but it will only put an end to his status quo as a dokkaebi, then after that, he can live his true destiny, as a mortal being, in true happiness with the one he loves, as he was so miserable having been mistreated by the King, having seen all of his fellows die through 938 years, it is totally completely unfair for him to be turned into 'ashes' literally TT TT

BTW, is there no preview this epi? I don't see it :"(((

• Like 14

Been silently following this thread and Episode 8 has pushed me forward to write my thoughts lol It's beautiful to see how KS evolved from having only cared about finding his bride in order for her to pull the sword then turn it completely around to him wishing to have 80 more years with her.  Heart wrenching when he was informed by the deity that in order for his first love to continue to live, he must die. :bawling:

On a lighter note: one of my favorite scenes was when GR* came out as "50" and he signals to Sunny that he had been calling her 10x lol so cute 

Really can't wait to understand why the young King turned crazy evil on KS and his Queen. I know it has something to do with the evil eunuch but STILL I really hope the writers have more in store for us than that excuse..

• Like 19

DH like ET is wiser beyond his age! He knows far more than he should be knowing. He seems to be the most attached to KS!

When ET showed him KS's diary he seems to understand what is written but he translates it wrong! He is catalyst for GR to see the queen's portrait, and also he incites KS to ask GR why he cried over the portrait. Plants an idea that KS GR may be siblings... enough for GR to trying saying 'Orabouni' in front of the mirror!!

• Like 23

last post before I sleep...:)

The scene goblin save Et in the ending episode 7 make me say wow with the cinematophy..The best part is background music helps so much this scene.Its just like movie or film scene..:wub:

I agree with the statemnt the more goblin want to alive the more pain he will get from the sword...:tears:

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, sally_b said:

gah! 20 pages behind again. (Settles in to read.)

Regarding product placement ~ I'm beginning to think the Supreme Deity is dropping clues as to how this will all turn out. You may notice from this early scene:

Death by footlongs? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

@selenette The sandwich wasn't for the man though. It was for his daughter who came to see him. KS told the man he'd need the sandwich...presumably for when his daughter said she was hungry. Makes sense to me.

I apologize,but I beg to differ. Still purely absurd PPL to me, but I understand that producing this drama is very, very expensive.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 5

Merry Christmas everyone :blush:

Okay so my mind is FUSED after watching this ep........I am a little shocked and disbelieving right now about how the meddling in human lives can have such a cruel consequence for KS and ET, so can't process all the implications the reveals might have on the 4 of them.

So I'll just wish everyone a good time for this Sunday.

• Like 6

Same here!! All the jokes aside (which I thoroughly enjoy!!). This is the sort of PPL brands crave for! Those scenes depict life changing events! There is such a positive note now to subway!! Next time I am low I am going to get myself a sub instead of an ice cream tub!! 

Note: They didnt use subway in the 60's scene where KS meets the young boy!!

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Athenaries said:

I still believe, however, to uncurse the curse, pulling out the sword is a must, but it will only put an end to his status quo as a dokkaebi, then after that, he can live his true destiny, as a mortal being, in true happiness with the one he loves, as he was so miserable having been mistreated by the King, having seen all of his fellows die through 938 years, it is totally completely unfair for him to be turned into 'ashes' literally TT TT

BTW, is there no preview this epi? I don't see it :"(((

Sorry for cutting your post, but I am also hoping for a plot twist, and maybe the deity is testing him too? That whether he's going to act selfless or choose himself over the person he loves, don't know.

But still the mysteries are thickening. Like why the king gave him the sword only to command 'never return again'. And I forgot but did Shin actually tell GR that his sister's name is kim sun? What the king said was ambiguous too, ' you now understand the concerns of the king, notify me of your death and I shall notify you of my sorrow.' 

Btw so the halmony is the 'god' god? Or is she only the one who creates? This is surely getting confusing, also she had a creepy, detached type of look on her face, which made her less relatable to her role. Between the butterfly and her I am wondering who's who.

And @hushhh death is good I agree, but  one bad factor is I never finish the dramas which have a sad ending :S, and they don't have a re-watch value for me, since then all the funny and laughter worthy scenes become part of the misery.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, shynaz said:

Just say am I crazy when I feel GY or goblin so sexy when he is sleep or in the pain?I keep rewatch all this scene :w00t:

Its too hot handle when look this situation..

I feel worried,sympathy and just feel want to care...:wub:

Nope chingu......I am crazy right there along with you......Gong Yoo has that effect :wub: He is almost a perfect mix of sexy, warm, fuzzy, magnetic yet humble, goofy yet dashing.....not to mention his expressive eyes and those broad shoulders. Yup, the divinity and KES couldn't have chosen a better Goblin :blush:

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, staygold said:

Same here!! All the jokes aside (which I thoroughly enjoy!!). This is the sort of PPL brands crave for! Those scenes depict life changing events! There is such a positive note now to subway!! Next time I am low I am going to get myself a sub instead of an ice cream tub!! 

Note: They didnt use subway in the 60's scene where KS meets the young boy!!

I think this time they went a bit overboard with the subway show.. tsk tsk. I was embarrassed myself for the sake of ET when she was doing the slow mo walk with Shin lol. I hope they cut down a bit on the PPL extravaganza. Surely all those actors are enough to bring them some sponsors, and they sure are distracting when we are in middle of some serious conversations. And seriously he couldn't find anything else to give to that depressed man except a sandwich? I thought gods are omnipotent beings. [ pun intended].

• Like 10