[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

7 minutes ago, gutibear said:

no at all. I watched ep 1 for the third time last night, after I got home after zumba class & working overtime. Sigh. What a life. Goblin makes me do it. I swear this kind of thing never happened to me before. Why do we have the urge to rewatch all the episodes? WHYY???

My signatute says it all

We are all mad around here

• Like 8

I love the entire story/concept of this drama. The supernatural world of magic, ghosts, goblins, witches...it's always fascinated me. I've never seen a k-drama with this kind of concept, so I'm super happy and excited to be watching this one. Not to mention...I've missed seeing Gong Yoo on the small screen.

P.S. I have yet to watch Train to Busan. I heard it's pretty good. Anyone got a link to watch it...and with eng subs? Please and thank you :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cristapark said:

Knetz will always find something to bash...scarlet drama had same issues and moonlight something had same age issue ...but with this I think KGE played the high school character well..not too cringe or overacting... With her character being clingy or immature in front of the goblin is the writers idea.. Surely if it's ur bias who's acting with GY ,.u will not react like this..some people criticizing the story and ET acting are fans of GY previous partner..anyway...coz I check u

Yeaahhh,, i feel bad for KGE, i don't have problem with her acting. Instead i think she is a great actress, she can portrayed various character and absorbed in the character she's playing, her acting just flows naturally. So sometimes I don't feel like she is acting at all, i'm easily connected with her character in the drama. In that young age, i think it's really impressive, we have another rising star actress in korean drama~

And for the age gap issue,,i think it's fantasy genre anyway so anything could happen here. Just don't watch it if you can't deal with the story... I feel bad for the production team and the cast who are trying hard to make a great drama. #noOffense

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, EonnieHaru said:

Yeaahhh,, i feel bad for KGE, i don't have problem with her acting. Instead i think she is a great actress, she can portrayed various character and absorbed in the character she's playing, her acting just flows naturally. So sometimes I don't feel like she is acting at all, i'm easily connected with her character in the drama. In that young age, i think it's really impressive, we have another rising star actress in korean drama~

And for the age gap issue,,i think it's fantasy genre anyway so anything could happen here. Just don't watch it if you can't deal with the story... I feel bad for the production team and the cast who are trying hard to make a great drama. #noOffense

Actually I feel bad reading one comment that criticizing her acting and the way she deliver her lines...but that's what the writer wrote and the director ask her to act...why criticize when it was written in the story,, compared to other acting idols and actresses of her age,,she act far better than them...I wonder why the harsh criticism and when I check her account she was a fan of GY previous partner and rooting for them to be together again... How pathletic is that??? Maybe they're one of those bashing her because their bias cannot get the love KGE is having now..the actress that they doesn't find beautiful is receiving love and good script from respectable writers and directors. I'm sorry for ranting..just I find it offensive that they always bash her looks and they will always find ways to attack her

• Like 21

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

Well, well, well .... I wonder ... I need to drive my car to the technical check-up ... am I weird, if I download episode 1 and watch it for the 3rd time (rewatched these past days all 4epis)???

Ive done that like..  everyday..

everytime i get home, before bed, all 4 ep, before im off to sleep

no you're not weird, hahaha

• Like 11

Did Wookie get his rabbit teeth fixed? That's my main concern. 

We should not forget that ET is no longer a minor, so she can very well date anyone. I share others' view that people are reacting to her being a high schooler rather than her being 19. If she's in college at 19, there would be less issue. Had they chosen a 920-year-old goblin, no issue. 

It's just a matter of semantics. What goes in people's mind when they hear a high schooler having relations with a 39-year old? I bet it's naughty. Sort of like Eunkyo. No, don't google that movie. They haven't even kissed yet but people are already scandalized by the possibility of them having a sexual relationship. It's the burden one feels over an anticipated lechery. What more had ET blown her birthday candles at 9 years old? He'd appear in front of her and someone on the Internet would panic, "grooming, grooming!"

But connotations are cultural so I do understand some people's uneasiness with the age gap. 

*Anyone is free to address this issue here but within the limits of our Kdrama rules, i.e. polite discussion

• Like 23

@ireumimolla thanks for sharing WangSun gifs :wub: 

I know actors have great chemistry bts. but please give us it in drama lol 

@selenette do you have any idea if we'll see then in next episode? It seems that neither text preview nor video preview (btw first time in my kdrama life I see video preview to episode consisting from one single scene) hint on that. As to tragic ending I'm actually ok with that. I love tragic endings, that makes me feel for drama and heroes more. My favourite dramas are tragic. But I will still keep praying they will have their happy ending.

@ireumimolla @selenette @joyezz @MaysoonD @winterdew @giegie @i.am.bugz.funny and other Wang Yeo Sunny lovers whom I have forgottwn to mention (my memory is very bad on names sorry). Idk if you know it already but that lipstick kiss on note with number was Lee Dong Wook's idea. So it's adlib. :w00t: I remember in some news it was said that LDW/YIN are doing many adlibs. Wookie is King of adlibs, especially kisses (Hotel King, Bubblegum kisses has been almost directed by him).  But where we can see those scenes itself? :sweatingbullets: Idk how to keep patience. 

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_19.gif

I think JDE from GY's agency who was also his co-star in Man and Woman has sent him and Goblin's team food support. I wonder why fans are not allowed to send food support? So far only GY fc has sent presents and only LDW's official Korean fan club has done food support. I know that Woookie's Chinese Fc will skip support this time just send presents, but what about others? I'm sure YIN's Baidu cafe and KGE's Korean fc want to support, so do LDW's and GY's other fcs. So strange...

Today they're filming at Olivia's chicken. I guess both YIN and KGE have been there. On other fancam KGE was outside and ppl said that YIN was inside resto

• Like 22

@selenette hehe i declare myself mad for Gong Yoo & Lee Dong Wook .. that were Jjang in their age...kihkih hugs for you all chingus.. my madness increasing day by day..and spread it all over to all my family & friend and colleague. Happy Goblinization madness chingus. Saranghanda :heart:

OOT: beside Goblin, my madness for Bo Gum..kihkih :P

• Like 13

Regarding the age difference discussion. I don't think age is the real thing at hand. I think it's the way the character acts.

ET acts like something you would expect from a 15/16 year old not a 19 year old who has to get a bit more serious about life either in college or getting a job if college isn't where you are headed.

She acts like a child (an annoying child at times, imo) and that just makes the age difference that much more obvious. I don't think it would have been as big of an issue if she was a bit more mature.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, sally_b said:

Hi all ~ wanted to give my 2-cents on the use of RED.

If you've watched the writer's (Kim Eun-Sook) previous show Gentleman's Diginity, you'll remember the Red String of Fate*

* An East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. 
More info: The old man under the moon, 月下老人, commonly known as Yue Lao,月老, is a Chinese deity in charge of marriage between man and woman. <-----is the deity that ties the red string.

Reveal hidden contents

teWAX92.png

My observation is that all the red is about matchmaking fate - not bloody deaths. Could be wrong. (shrug)

I also don't think the Red Lady is as ominous as the one phrase of "You'll both pay highly for it". (the ring)

When Eun Tak's mother asked Red Lady to look in on Eun Tak once in a while ~ Red Lady said something to the effect of, "Why would I look after your child?" huff, puff.
Eun Tak's mother replies, "You're so mean". Then smiles, knowing that she's bluffing.

We've seen how Red Lady HAS looked after Eun Tak - even saving her from Grim Reaper almost immediately. (I suspect the mother & Red Lady had more of a conversation on that bridge than we've been shown...yet) Pure theory based on the absence of Eun Tak's mom at the hospital ~ which is why the Reaper came to her house. (Red Lady told Eun Tak to move away within 3 days so the Reaper couldn't find her, perhaps she also instructed the mother how to become a missing soul...?)

I found this lovely illustration while looking up red thread...I think it's Grim Reaper & Sunny :)

Hide contents

I really like your theory on Red Hottie Granny. She tends to be there on small situation who will have big impact on people future. She indeed took care of ET ET's mom also asked her to give some of her leftover vegeables to her daughter and she did. On day she gave, I think it was spinach, to ET when they met I don't remember where. And then when ET came home, that's what she cooked cuz they had nothing else. Plus, oh nice pics ! It is a nice illustration of GR and Sunny.

10 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I feel like KS being a goblin, and the king being a grim reaper (if in fact, he is a reincarnation of the king) is payment enough for their past sins. ET doesn't seem to have a past and therefore it wouldn't make sense if she had to suffer. I think ET might be a way for KS and GR to redeem themselves, to prove that they are worthy of being finally at peace.

I'd like to think so too. There is a belief of God in this drama and God is fair not mean.

5 hours ago, cristapark said:

Knetz will always find something to bash...scarlet drama had same issues and moonlight something had same age issue ...but with this I think KGE played the high school character well..not too cringe or overacting... With her character being clingy or immature in front of the goblin is the writers idea.. Surely if it's ur bias who's acting with GY ,.u will not react like this..some people criticizing the story and ET acting are fans of GY previous partner..anyway...coz I check u

WORD ! cheetahLike I said before : Even though I'm one of the sensitive about that "high schooler-older man" thing, knowing she'll graduate soon will be in college next year just tone down the all thing for me. I mean if they were both 3-5 years older, they'll still have the same age gap and people would find that more okay, so...

Actually, the real blocking for me is seeing her in uniform, I don't know, school uniform = kid to me + when she acts all cutesy and stuff, quite remind you that she's just a 19 girl on paper but a young teen in her head, so sorry but can't help it. When she's dress in everyday clothes, like when she summon him in her suit and they had a quarrel about him avoiding her or the last scene where he recites the poem. I loved those scene like many others. I have no issue, when it comes to me, it's definitely mental I think ! dunno crazy rabbitdizzy crazy rabbit 

Yet, I also found people who are making a whole drama about that too much ! I mean, let's be honest, I'm 24 now and even if it was when I was 18, if a man looking F***ing hot like Gong Yoo were appearing in front of me & I was told I'm his bride, whether he's 100 or 1000 years old, I'll be like :

OMG ! 06 2 22 MUX Jupiter Emoji GifsWhere have you been all my life !!! 01 2 22 MUX Jupiter Emoji Gifs

Yeah, I know, I'm confusing, sorry. I'm a very indecisive human  dizzy-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786122 23 22 MUX Jupiter Emoji Gifs

Please, bear with me cuz I plan to keep coming here and confuse you more ! :blush: 

• Like 13

Thought (might be already spoken of by others):

Uri Grim Reaper wears a pin on his collar ... a crown on a chain connected with an ornament (can't really make that out) ... but alone that he wears an accessoire and no other GR does makes him different.
But listening to them in the hospital does not make him superior to the others.
Still the crown could indicate his royal roots ...

• Like 10