[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

My two scents...

GD is a fool! I'm sorry, I have to say it, and not because he friend-zoned BS, but because for someone like him who became a police detective, the fact that he doesn't know who/what she really is, makes him look super inadequate. It is hard to say why he has kept her at bay, yet at the same time kept her around him. I feel like there is a part of him that likes and cares for her as a man, but for some reason, he is running from that. Either way, the detective in him should already know the truth about her strength.

I have to say, the relationship between BS and CEO is quite interesting. Here he is this mysterious guy. He loves gaming, loves shopping and new toys. But, he has kept his personal life very private, and has carefully sat back and studied who in his family may be trying to sabotage him and his company. Truthfully, he is a better detective than GD. I love how he immediately fell for BS. I mean the average guy would've ran with their tail between their legs after seeing how she handled all of those thugs. But he was intrigued by it. He likes that she says whatever she wants to say to him. He likes that she does things from a place of wanting to help people. For that, he comes off as the most likable chaebol in a drama. BS has quietly become his confidant, his friend, and someone who cares for him even though she is his employee. The whole arch about him being gay is funny because I feel like when she realizes that it isn't true, it will be scandalous.

As far as GD's girlfriend. It is clear that they are more friends than lovers. Which is why she so easily fell for BS's twin brother. She and GD are missing that chemistry and heat. I am loving this drama thus far. Cannot wait to see how this plays out between them. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, my_sugabean said:

The club scene- Does anyone know a link to the song playing while MH was staring at BS dancing? The original song is called "Runaway" by Venus Muse, but was remixed in the drama.

i think it's this :)

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

My two scents...

GD is a fool! I'm sorry, I have to say it, and not because he friend-zoned BS, but because for someone like him who became a police detective, the fact that he doesn't know who/what she really is, makes him look super inadequate. It is hard to say why he has kept her at bay, yet at the same time kept her around him. I feel like there is a part of him that likes and cares for her as a man, but for some reason, he is running from that. Either way, the detective in him should already know the truth about her strength.

I have to say, the relationship between BS and CEO is quite interesting. Here he is this mysterious guy. He loves gaming, loves shopping and new toys. But, he has kept his personal life very private, and has carefully sat back and studied who in his family may be trying to sabotage him and his company. Truthfully, he is a better detective than GD. I love how he immediately fell for BS. I mean the average guy would've ran with their tail between their legs after seeing how she handled all of those thugs. But he was intrigued by it. He likes that she says whatever she wants to say to him. He likes that she does things from a place of wanting to help people. For that, he comes off as the most likable chaebol in a drama. BS has quietly become his confidant, his friend, and someone who cares for him even though she is his employee. The whole arch about him being gay is funny because I feel like when she realizes that it isn't true, it will be scandalous.

As far as GD's girlfriend. It is clear that they are more friends than lovers. Which is why she so easily fell for BS's twin brother. She and GD are missing that chemistry and heat. I am loving this drama thus far. Cannot wait to see how this plays out between them. 

Not really.. the drama is  an exageration of the type that exists in real life..

there are a lot of men whose type are intimidating or strong personality women... and there is always the psychological aspect involved..

MH is a kid who grew without parents... with no family and no friend.. and knwoing that he was always in danger... so he has this natual attraction towards the protective kinds.. hence BS/ and  the girl who save the bus

GD is his own type.. he is the byword for masculine kinds.. the tough , principle oriented, straight path , strong value system types.. and a man high on toughness will typically find those attractive who can be protected.

GD is not at fault for not knowing what BS is.. how can he.. when the family puts in best effort to hide it.. he has limited view of BS's life .. probably the 8 hrs in school and here and there meetups..

I genuinely don't think GD knows about BS's strength

Why Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is entertaining and empowering at the same time

94aca13d-efa5-4fa0-aaa9-ac73bb193f5f.jpg

After just 4 episodes, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon starring Park Bo YoungJi Soo and Park Hyung Sik  off to a great start taking its place among JTBC’s most popular dramas! An eccentric and entertaining romance comedy, the drama promises a fantastic ride for viewers who are looking to relax and enjoy a lighthearted drama that is breaking conventions with every episode. However, there also seems to be another – more serious – message embedded within the hit drama’s narrative. Just what is this message and how is it empowering both women and youth in South Korea? Hear it from the producer himself!

Despite their individual popularity, the cast of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is defying the normal rom-com fantasy expectations with a comedy that breaks all rules, adding to the show's tremendous entertainment value.

The popularity of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is easy to understand for anyone who has watched the show. Not only does the cast include big names like Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, but the story itself is both charming and engaging.

faFw5dt.jpg

However, the drama’s producer, Song Won Seob, has some ideas of his own when it comes to the show’s apparent popularity. Naturally, Song admits that:

“It’s a drama that viewers can watch and laugh about in a very relaxed way. It lets viewers vicariously experience something new through the show.”

032fc8c8-5dbb-44e1-ba13-73507c544032.jpg

However, he quickly goes onto explore a more socially critical aspect of the drama:

“Although the basic backdrop of the show is a romantic comedy, the characters aren’t just falling in love and dating since Do Bong Soon is basically Wonder Woman. There are many occasions in our society in which women are overlooked or undervalued, despite their skills and abilities. At first, Do Bong Soon’s inability to reveal her true strength to the world is an instance of this. Furthermore, there are moments in which women are confronted by dangerous and problematic people whom they do not or feel they cannot fight back against as women; however, viewers are able to live vicariously through Do Bong Soon as she puts these people in their place with her abilities.”

Further explaining why young people can also relate to Do Bong Soon, he adds

“There are many young people out there who have great talents but don’t know how or where to use them. Similarly, Do Bong Soon’s strength is something she has not found a true purpose for as of yet. As the narrative unfolds, she will realize how she needs to be using her abilities, marking a turning point in the drama.”

What do you think about the points Producer Song brings up? Does the drama successfully reflect a message of empowerment for women and Korea’s youth?

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/the-entertaining-empowerment-of-strong-woman-do-bong-soon/

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, but then we wouldn't have this drama to watch, and poor MH who has to figure out who in his own family wants to kill him might be all alone without BS to protect him!

so very true @stroppyse. I am so enjoying this drama and it is hilarious. I can't seem to stop laughing at Bong Soon.  Park Bo Young is so talented and like MH said she is so sexy :wub::wub: Girl crushing on Bong Soon.  SO VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE AND MEETING NEW CHINGU's enjoying Stron Do Bong Doon. :heart::heart:

3 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Well said @nubianlegalmind I too love MH and BS's relationship. He finds her cute, sexy and can't seem to stay mad at her. Everything she does is attractive to him. She doesn't treat him like the rest of the work does and she always talks back to him when he pushes her enough. Unlike other people will never be to honest with him if he pushes hard enough because of his financial status. She is something new and she saved the old guy and the kids on the bus. LOLLOL. The sweetest part in al this is very interested in her and her powers. :heart:

Wow @stroppyse thanks for the character translation. They sure provide a detailed one. Most of what was written on AMH and DBS we knew. But its IGD that has more revelations like how it says he wpuld break some bonds wirh the law aft associating with MH. And that his older brother died hence him wanting to b a policeman. 

@dhakra and @triplem nice discussion going there. To be fair like oranges n apples cant be compared. Not all men and not all women are created equal. Some men are complicated (sorry). But overal. I do thk men r simpler than woman. And although guys generally do the pursue, some girls do it too. Guk doo i dont need what his past in highschool why he didnt pursue BS. My husband use to say most guys wait for greenlight to pursue. If a gal shows red they stay away although interested. Theres always special case. Like AMH. Like Joonhyung.

Anyway happy Tuesday is here. 3 days to go. Wait is half over

41 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Wow @stroppyse thanks for the character translation. They sure provide a detailed one. Most of what was written on AMH and DBS we knew. But its IGD that has more revelations like how it says he wpuld break some bonds wirh the law aft associating with MH. And that his older brother died hence him wanting to b a policeman. 

@dhakra and @triplem nice discussion going there. To be fair like oranges n apples cant be compared. Not all men and not all women are created equal. Some men are complicated (sorry). But overal. I do thk men r simpler than woman. And although guys generally do the pursue, some girls do it too. Guk doo i dont need what his past in highschool why he didnt pursue BS. My husband use to say most guys wait for greenlight to pursue. If a gal shows red they stay away although interested. Theres always special case. Like AMH. Like Joonhyung.

Lol! I agree with what you said. And from my observations it's seems so bout how men & women's approach to relationships. I was just giving @dhakra a hard time coz he asked for it :rolleyes:. Jokes aside, I do love a good discourse. It's always nice to read opposing views & then seeing how you can reconcile that with yours. Discussions on threads like this has definitely enriched my k drama viewing experience. Sometimes it makes me think about life too. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:14 AM, bebebisous33 said:

AMH's attitude towards DBS is totally different from IGD towards DBS: DBS shows her lack of knowledge (stock option, attitude -activity / femme fatale - pomme fatale) but she is not bothered. Striking is that AMH explains her the words,  he even expects her not to know the signifcation, yet he finds it funny. As fact, he doesn't mind her being lacking in that aera... why? Because DBS is honest and genuine in her behaviour. Since AMH has always been surrounded by fake people (his family), he feels more comfortable around her as she doesn't hide anything.

crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif Great analysis as usual 

zzD5FUC.png?1

Bong Soonah open your eyes this is the man for you #totallyfangirling crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif

To be honest, I find it quite hard to analize KD, because until this point, his character hasn't been any complex. I still think he is very one-dimensional and he didn't show much characteristics. We pretty much know only one face of his, he didn't develope at all. All we know is what the preview showed us, and since Fairy I'm not falling for that anymore. He hasn't shown any complexity within his character and because of that I need more time and information about him. All we can is guess why he acts like this.

1 hour ago, sharreb said:

Oh I know we can be complicated, I know myself well enough to know that I can be very complicated myself, but overall I think we are much simpler than you think. I can't speak for whole manhood, just giving a little insight based on own experience. 

I can confirm the marked part, every gentlemen or at least grown I know behaves that way. Because we know that it's really hard to convince a girl to turn from red to green light, especially because we're insecure which steps are all right and which crosses the line. We're always scared to be intrusive. Well, I'm going to stop the lesson about men.

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! I agree with what you said. And from my observations it's seems so bout how men & women's approach to relationships. I was just giving @dhakra a hard time coz he asked for it :rolleyes:. Jokes aside, I do love a good discourse. It's always nice to read opposing views & then seeing how you can reconcile that with yours. Discussions on threads like this has definitely enriched my k drama viewing experience. Sometimes it makes me think about life too. 

giphy.gif I asked for it? :D You brought KSJ to the party and the whole manhood. I was just lighten up the world :rolleyes:

But to be serios, I agree with you. It always nice to read about different point of views and discuss about thing that you aren't familiar with. More eyes, more opinions, more fun.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Strong woman Do Bong-soon" Episode 3

photo826912.jpg

"Strong Woman Do Bong-soon" is a crazy mix of silly, danger, romance, and the unbelievable. Since Bong-soon fought the gangsters, her strength has been difficult to control. Combine that with her new job for Min-hyeok, Gook-doo's out-of-control worry, and an incongruent but very dangerous kidnapper/murderer on the loose, this show has gotten pretty exciting very quickly.

The number one aspect of the show that stuck out in episode 3 was the physical humor. Grown men pee themselves in fear of her; chryons depict humorous mutterings; Min-hyeok and Bong-soon bicker incessantly; Bong-soon believes Min-hyeok is gay. All of these things collide to create a Monty Python-esque tone. While it is fun for most of the episode, every once and a while it became too much. There is only so much drooling and urinating I can take before it becomes excessive.

Read full article here>> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-episode-3-103827.html

Archived