[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

32 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

:D

i also feel that is the best think that happend . we are here one more time  :D

MORNING !!!

A GREAT /HAPPY/BEAUTIFUL DAY TO ALL :D

YES!!! I agree the best thing that happened is that we are here one more time and having FUN!!! :D

@darker91 your post literally made my day so much merrier. :heart::heart:

I feel like Im HongHong, or Paran and hmmm who shall be YD?? KAKAKAHAHAHA!

tumblr_inline_o9w6y3xgzT1t1ghfy_400.gif

cr. heartou in tumblr

• Like 6

Will made screen cap and quote :

Screen_Shot_2017-07-27_at_12.06.31_PM.pn

Like Hye Jung said....at some point we are all destined to meet in this thread because one similarity...We love DOCTORS....

9 hours ago, nonski said:

I really appreciate @CamelKnight and @MadraRua for explaining and with sincerity albeit a little late.  It had been a lengthy discussion on our end as well to remain or to withdrew from the contest. In the end everyone decided to drop out because we had lost faith in the contest and our integrity was questioned.  Anyways thank you for explaining things to us. At least we saw thungs on your perspective as well.

Good luck on the remaining part of the contest.

Delurking, @nonski

I’ve been following this impasse with interest because some of the participants involved here are my good friends. Like you, @nonski

@MadraRua @CamelKnight –

are you and the other mods/admins willing to move the deadline for the Contest 2 to a later date – let’s say in a week's time? I know -- as a fact and from history (some would say history’s all I got :)) that these deadlines are NOT set in stone. You can move them if you choose. And you have done so before in unforeseen exigencies....   

You see, the unfortunate situation, stemming from the Contest 1 poll snafu, resulted into bad feelings all around: among mods themselves, among mods and posters, among posters -- in soompi in general. And this definitely was not the intention of the contest from the start. This was meant to foster good will here in our forums. Losing the top contender because of slighted feelings isn't how you want to remember the inception of the soompi annual kdrama contest. 

I recommend that this week be a cooling-off period so people can take to time to reassess the damages and to re-ground themselves on why this project was important to them. Or to use a popular Korean term, time for "reflection." 

I think that’s one of the issues people aren't mentioning here, @MadraRua.  The changing of the game rules ITSELF was contentious alright. But I think what pushed these Good Doctors these good people over the edge was the directive to “get over it.” Although I understand my good friend @Berou's frustration and defensiveness, being the “emergency first responder” to the crisis, I must point out that the comment did come out harsh. :)

We cannot expect people to get over a disappointment that quickly. You all know that I’m a certifiable witch (or *itch, lol) but I don’t think a magic wand has ever been created to erase hurt feelings in a jiffy. (I would keep a stock handy if that were so.)  People’s reasonable complaints must be acknowledged and respected by giving them the courtesy of time to “get over it.”   

In real life arbitrations, I usually apply a one-to-one correspondence rule. Meaning, if the Good Doctors team put in one hour, one day, or one week of LABOR to get their job done well, then expect the same one hour, one day, or one week of RECOVERY to get over having the rug pulled under the feet. I highly encourage you to consider deferring the deadline for the submissions of the Contest 2 to a later date to allow all the parties involved in this contretemps to normalize relationships.   

I think that’s only fair considering that you mods/admins admittedly sat on this ticking time bomb (or fart balloon, lol) for a period, yourselves, and delayed disclosure too until the last minute because you didn't know how best to proceed with the problem at hand.

With all due respect, I propose that if you truly and sincerely want the Team Good Doctors to return to the competition, then you must offer them the necessary TIME to get over this. I’m sure the other Teams will benefit too from the extended period to enhance their projects. 

:)

Now, I’m addressing the leaders of the team here. @lclarakl, @Kasmic, @nonski and the others. 

The big test of any leader is rallying the troops. I know emotions were hurt. I understand why this seems unfair. I agree that proper measures should have been undertaken to assume the integrity of the polls. I’m with you when you want to throw in the towel.  But most importantly, I too regret the intemperate words that cannot be unwritten -- and they came from all sides, mind you. Trust me: that is all familiar territory to me. I have a foot-and-mouth disease. Whenever I open mouth, my foot just accidentally slips in. 

But your main job now, as leaders, is to get your people together and continue on with the competition. You shouldn’t allow this temporary set-back get you down. As it stands, your team is UNDEFEATED. But if you quit now, then the outcome is certain: you are defeated.

And that isn't how you want your team to be remembered....  

The real LIFE lesson that you leaders of this Good Doctors thread can impart to your followers is to go on with the show. When your characters Hye-Jung and Ji-Hong faced reversals and upsets, they didn’t back down, did they? They forged on. They wouldn’t be admirable characters to YOU had they not shown gumption and resilience in the drama.

In like manner, I think you should emulate your much-admired characters. Go revive the enthusiasm your team once had. Seek to resuscitate the team spirit to move your ship forward. Allow this time given by moderators to invigorate you and challenge you -- rather than depress you. Be inspired by your characters and the actors who portrayed them so well. 

Regroup. You may have momentarily lost faith in the contest, but don't ever lose faith in yourself to get back into the game again.  

To me, one of the best expressions of support, in any language, is the Korean word “fighting” I know it means “Go! Go!” or “Good luck!” But the way it sounds and is spelled – like the English word fighting– communicates pretty much how I feel about any challenge I choose to undertake.  It wouldn’t be worth my time if I didn’t put a heck of a fight for it. So.... 

Fighting, Good Doctors! I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines. 

Tagging @angelangie, @Hanyeoun and @phikyl, because I know these folks like to know if I’m up to no-good and all-bad nowadays. And to echo A. Pope, yes, I still do rush in, like a fool, where even the angels fear to tread. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Delurking, @nonski

I’ve been following this impasse with interest because some of the participants involved here are my good friends. Like you, @nonski

@MadraRua @CamelKnight –

are you and the other mods/admins willing to move the deadline for the Contest 2 to a later date – let’s say in a week's time? I know -- as a fact and from history (some would say history’s all I got :)) that these deadlines are NOT set in stone. You can move them if you choose. And you have done so before in unforeseen exigencies....   

You see, the unfortunate situation, stemming from the Contest 1 poll snafu, resulted into bad feelings all around: among mods themselves, among mods and posters, among posters -- in soompi in general. And this definitely was not the intention of the contest from the start. This was meant to foster good will here in our forums. Losing the top contender because of slighted feelings isn't how you want to remember the inception of the soompi annual kdrama contest. 

I recommend that this week be a cooling-off period so people can take to time to reassess the damages and to re-ground themselves on why this project was important to them. Or to use a popular Korean term, time for "reflection." 

I think that’s one of the issues people aren't mentioning here, @MadraRua.  The changing of the game rules ITSELF was contentious alright. But I think what pushed these Good Doctors these good people over the edge was the directive to “get over it.” Although I understand my good friend @Berou's frustration and defensiveness, being the “emergency first responder” to the crisis, I must point out that the comment did come out harsh. :)

We cannot expect people to get over a disappointment that quickly. You all know that I’m a certifiable witch (or *itch, lol) but I don’t think a magic wand has ever been created to erase hurt feelings in a jiffy. (I would keep a stock handy if that were so.)  People’s reasonable complaints must be acknowledged and respected by giving them the courtesy of time to “get over it.”   

In real life arbitrations, I usually apply a one-to-one correspondence rule. Meaning, if the Good Doctors team put in one hour, one day, or one week of LABOR to get their job done well, then expect the same one hour, one day, or one week of RECOVERY to get over having the rug pulled under the feet. I highly encourage you to consider deferring the deadline for the submissions of the Contest 2 to a later date to allow all the parties involved in this contretemps to normalize relationships.   

I think that’s only fair considering that you mods/admins admittedly sat on this ticking time bomb (or fart balloon, lol) for a period, yourselves, and delayed disclosure too until the last minute because you didn't know how best to proceed with the problem at hand.

With all due respect, I propose that if you truly and sincerely want the Team Good Doctors to return to the competition, then you must offer them the necessary TIME to get over this. I’m sure the other Teams will benefit too from the extended period to enhance their projects. 

:)

Now, I’m addressing the leaders of the team here. @lclarakl, @Kasmic, @nonski and the others. 

The big test of any leader is rallying the troops. I know emotions were hurt. I understand why this seems unfair. I agree that proper measures should have been undertaken to assume the integrity of the polls. I’m with you when you want to throw in the towel.  But most importantly, I too regret the intemperate words that cannot be unwritten -- and they came from all sides, mind you. Trust me: that is all familiar territory to me. I have a foot-and-mouth disease. Whenever I open mouth, my foot just accidentally slips in. 

But your main job now, as leaders, is to get your people together and continue on with the competition. You shouldn’t allow this temporary set-back get you down. As it stands, your team is UNDEFEATED. But if you quit now, then the outcome is certain: you are defeated.

The real LIFE lesson that you leaders of this Good Doctors thread can impart to your followers is to go on with the show. When your characters Hye-Jung and Ji-Hong faced reversals and upsets, they didn’t back down, did they? They forged on. They wouldn’t be admirable characters to YOU had they not shown gumption and resilience in the drama.

In like manner, I think you should emulate your much-admired characters. Go revive the enthusiasm your team once had. Seek to resuscitate the team spirit to move your ship forward. Allow this time given by moderators to invigorate you and challenge you -- rather than depress you. Be inspired by your characters and the actors who portrayed them so well. 

Regroup. You may have momentarily lost faith in the contest, but don't ever lose faith in yourself to get back into the game again.  

To me, one of the best expressions of support, in any language, is the Korean word “fighting” I know it means “Go! Go!” or “Good luck!” But the way it sounds and is spelled – like the English word fighting– communicates pretty much how I feel about any challenge I choose to undertake.  It wouldn’t be worth my time if I didn’t put a heck of a fight for it. So.... 

Fighting, Good Doctors! I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines. 

Tagging @angelangie, @Hanyeoun and @phikyl, because I know these folks like to know if I’m up to no-good and all-bad nowadays. And to echo A. Pope, yes, I still do rush in, like a fool, where even the angels fear to tread. 

@packmule3As a member of the Caregivers team , I want to thank you for your motivational, kind, and insightful words, it was very touching. I believe for any human being the worse that can happen to you in a relationship, it is to loose trust and faith, that was exactly what we felt that happen between us and the moderators in charge of judging the work of the contestants and reinforcing the rules of the contest that was set in the beginning. We did try to find an explanation for all the confusion and misunderstandings, but we got accused of cheating,  disrespected, and  felt undermined, by the moderator., that asked us to " shut up and move on". And, we did exactly that as she asked we move on and out of the contest. The intention, when we join the contest, it was for all to have fun in a peaceful and health way, not to have someone to belittle us. All these nonsense behaviors, that made us to withdraw from the contest, will not affect our love and enjoyment for the drama Doctors, either our love and continuing support of our bias. But, I really appreciate your advice. We will be here in Doctors ' thread doing what we like to do the most, chitchat with each other about Doctors and more, and having fun. :)

( sorry about my English, tried my best:D

• Like 8

@packmule3 OMO you've literally woke me up and its 2am in my time. WOW you've written a powerful post and can I say I LOVE YOU!!! HAHAHA! Yes, I truly do. You've given me the faith that I lost a few days ago. WOW! Im literally crying. You're post reflected my sentiments as our team leader this is what I feared the most..

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

GOSH!!!! you've stirred things in me that I never thought was possible. TRULY Im so forever thankful for your loving message of support. My hands are literally trembling as I write this. I never thought this was possible that I/we - CAREGIVERS TEAM would get such a beautiful response of SUPPORT. I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH.  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Your message of support is our REWARD. Truly it is. You've taken some if not all of my bitter feelings away and made me feel so much happier. THANK YOU!!! Soooooooo much. Ive never been this touched as I am now. I feel bad because now I feel like we've truly WON already. *HAPPY DANCE ALL THE WAY!!!!!* :D

• Like 8

@packmule3

Thanks again for taking the time to mediate between everyone. Not an easy job but a very admirable one. 

The problem lies in the deadline having come and gone. The other teams have submitted their pieces, and even if we were to extend the deadline, I'm afraid we also have the poll set up and there's no way  to suspend the voting once it has started. I don't think it would be fair to negate the votes that have already been entered. Unfortunately, at this time, I'm sorry to say that we just can't accomodate your request. But we will take your advice on board for future reference. And that's just not me fobbing you off, I really will take it on board. 

• Like 5

It's ok @packmule3 and @MadraRua We've regrouped and its so much entertaining this way. Im sporting a big fat grin on my face and it looks like Im kinda weird to people around me. But I dont care, happiness is with me and I've even managed to shoot 3 goals in a row and I dont even play netball / basketball. HAHAHA!

tumblr_inline_o9mliptqna1qelu2x_500.gif

cr.irrational obsession in tumblr

• Like 8

@Agie love your quote of YHJ..kekeke Im in such a bubbly mood. Where's @maria1983 she's always everso positive? :D and my dearest sista @jadecloud whom makes me laugh so much. Then @anoasys Im still waiting on your OST BAHAHAHA!  

@Agie I know your not well. So is @nonski and @lclarakl GET WELL SOON LADIES. Hopefully when you see this post my happiness will spread to you too. @alcides14ahjumma is right hapinnes is the best medicine.

Im back reading and being  inspired by @Agie quote as well as @rori0711 whom initially started this. Though back then my mind wasnt in it and now it is. :tongue: What shall we team?? let's post our favourite (opps @evie7 will correct my typo as favorite)  quotes and if you want you can add screenshots and make them as beautiful or creative as @nonski and @Agie Me Im kinda boring, lazy and so not creative so I'll take the easy route :D

Let me first post this which I love and there is so many but I'll do this one first, mainly because the owners name caught my attention HAHAHA!...mian If time permits I might be flooding this thread. HAHAHA! thanks to my wacky mood. 

tumblr_oaopjpNhg61ugninio1_1280.jpgtumblr_oaopjpNhg61ugninio3_1280.jpg

Then yeah, 

tumblr_oaopjpNhg61ugninio2_1280.jpg

credit as tag... I cant type it as I'll be censored yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-19.gif?1301940

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Im in such a bubbly mood. Where's @maria1983 she's always everso positive? :D

i'm up , i'm up , citizen :D

ALWAYS HERE .

a  vote from me . a single one , like always .  :D

I LOVE THIS POSITIVE VIBE  ...and somehow in my mind that voting session already ''did the job'' . bring us back here .

well ... this is for us :D

7e5f5d5fd11ee6e943b7bb871e9713d6.jpg

CTTO

the past is here :D

• Like 8

YAY!!! @maria1983 is here and joining my craze. KEKEKE! my last for now and will return more. 

The Doctors whom we would literally throw ourselves sick to be treated by them :D

tumblr_inline_oaaj3y23fo1qelu2x_500.giftumblr_inline_oaaj3nlr1b1qelu2x_500.giftumblr_inline_oaaj6recP71qelu2x_500.gif

cr irrational obsession.

OPPS I said drama quotes didnt I??? yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-19.gif?1301940 

• Like 8

Hello chingus! I just stopped by here to say that I admire you guys' decision to drop out of the contest. I didn't have the chance to be in any team as I am not familiar with any of the dramas that made it. But..i did keep up with the contest to the best I can, reading what each drama thread says about their drama because at one point, I did participate in all 4 threads even though I didn't finish the dramas. It is a pity the contest had its flaws because all dramas had their greatness. Either way, even if I do not know the contents of the contest, I also agree you guys made the right decision. It is not a choice made right away, but a choice that was made from your hearts. When you guys have lost heart and motivation, it is better to not proceed. Sometimes, the hurt and distrust will still be there and it is better to heal together here than to continue the contest. I am not here to say that the mods were wrong or that you guys made a hasty decision. It has already been done and I believe that in the future, this will be a learning ball for everyone's end. I am sure the choices made were hard on everyone. 

Also..i came by because I saw that one of my Ruler chingu @Kasmic was at one point being too hard on herself. I could not bear seeing a chingu of mine who wanted to see more than just Yi Sun's (YSH) bare shoulders be too harsh on herself which made me miss the gifs-witty person I came to know :) chin up, chest out! Fighting! :wink:

I waited until things calm down a bit to come by and say this so hopefully it is not too late in solace:

Chingus, sometimes in life (and anywhere even on Soompi), the best decisions will not always be right, and the right decisions will not always be the best ones. I can see that the decision you guys made was not for the best of the contest..but for the rights of what you guys believed in. So don't be too hard on yourselves. The contest is over for you guys. But the friendship built here in the thread is still strong :wink::D that matters more.

Edited by vangsweetie637
added words
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello chingus! I just stopped by here to say that I admire you guys' decision to drop out of the contest. I didn't have the chance to be in any team as I am not familiar with any of the dramas that made it. But..i did keep up with the contest to the best I can, reading what each drama thread says about their drama because at one point, I did participate in all 4 threads even though I didn't finish the dramas. It is a pity the contest had its flaws because all dramas had their greatness. Either way, even if I do not know the contents of the contest, I also agree you guys made the right decision. It is not a choice made right away, but a choice that was made from your hearts. When you guys have lost heart and motivation, it is better to not proceed. Sometimes, the hurt and distrust will still be there and it is better to heal together here than to continue the contest. I am not here to say that the mods were wrong or that you guys made a hasty decision. It has already been done and I believe that in the future, this will be a learning ball for everyone's end. I am sure the choices made were hard on everyone. 

Also..i came by because I saw that one of my Ruler chingu @Kasmic was at one point being too hard on herself. I could not bear seeing a chingu of mine who wanted to see more than just Yi Sun's bare shoulders be too harsh on herself which made me miss the gifs witty person I came to know :) chin up, chest out! Fighting! :wink:

I waited until things calm down a bit to come by and say this so hopefully it is not too late in solace:

Chingus, sometimes in life (and anywhere even on Soompi), the best decisions will not always be right, and the right decisions will not always be the best ones. But, I can see that the decision you guys made was not for the best of the contest..but for the rights of what you guys believed in. So don't be too hard on yourselves. The contest is over for you guys. But the friendship built here is still strong :wink::D

wow , .... this comment :D:wub:

AND YES ... are moments when if something is lost ...is lost forever :D

group hug , group hug !!! :D

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

wow , .... this comment :D:wub:

AND YES ... are moments when if something is lost ...is lost forever :D

group hug , group hug !!! :D

And sending this out to all of you chingus! I know I didn't watch this drama so didn't get to spazz with all of you. But..since @Kasmic is a chingu of mine too, then so are all of you :wub::D

giphy.gif

• Like 9

@vangsweetie637 OMO I LOVE YOU!!!! my dearest Monarch chingu. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR  KIND MESSAGE OF SUPPORT. NAWWWW I'm  so teary now. Im sorry I couldnt spazz over the Ruler thread with you and the gang especially since it ended.  I guess you now know why I kind of disappeared off there. Sorry again for not being able to gif the scene that you loved. I loved it too but my heart wasnt there.  Maybe if YSH ripped more of his clothes I wouldve been there in a heart beat BAHAHA! But seriously  I was tied up here and at one stage lost all hopes in Soompi. With my team and all these messages of support, Im slowly regaining the confidence to come back and your message has made me so much HAPPIER. See some friendships made here are indeed genuine.

Thank you @Agie and @maria1983 for alerting me of my dearest chingu message of love. 

tumblr_occsq7gody1stz29co6_400.giftumblr_occsq7gody1stz29co2_400.gif

"....you taught me what to do at times like this..." ~Hong Ji Hong :blush:

Group hug. Group hug!!! :D

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Chingus, sometimes in life (and anywhere even on Soompi), the best decisions will not always be right, and the right decisions will not always be the best ones. I can see that the decision you guys made was not for the best of the contest..but for the rights of what you guys believed in. So don't be too hard on yourselves. The contest is over for you guys. But the friendship built here in the thread is still strong :wink::D that matters more.

:heart::heart::heart:

Byo05yj.png

• Like 9