[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@jadecloud WELCOME BACK SISTA!!! and @rori0711 @maria1983 @evie7 @lclarakl @alcides14ahjumma @Agie @anoasys @nonski @crssmnd950 Ive just logged on here just so I could catch you all. Im so glad your here and post some beautiful msg of support. It makes me feel so much at ease.

:D

1 hour ago, nonski said:

Nevertheless I would join all of you again in other endeavours.  

like ... you will joy a pervy world ...like this world use to be ??? :D

MORNING !!

A GREAT DAY TO ALL !! :D

• Like 9

That time when Hyejung and Soon Hee's first meeting. The former being knight in shining armor and the latter being swept off her feet...chasing her heroine down the road :wub::wub::wub: 

credit to owner

• Like 7

Oh I forgot to share this hilarious moment, as we were discussing the tasks @anoasys was hoping for a Karoke OST round... BAHAHA! yes chingu I dob you in. Now waiting on hearing your voice. Here is the OST full album. Take your pick? and if you choose the instrumental version then I guess  your singing solo :tongue:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Oh I forgot to share this hilarious moment, as we were discussing the tasks @anoasys was hoping for a Karoke OST round... BAHAHA! yes chingu I dob you in. Now waiting on hearing your voice. Here is the OST full album. Take your pick? and if you choose the instrumental version then I guess  your singing solo :tongue:

"No Way", "Sun Shower", "Always Like This" and "That Love" are my favorite songs of this drama; they just pulls at my heart. However, there are several others that I love too---heck, I love the entire album.  @anoasys, I say go for it. I tell everyone that if I had the gift to sing, everyone around me would think they were living in a musical every day.....:lol:

• Like 7

Hey guys,

as you may, or may not know, in the preliminary rounds I voted for Goblin. For me, it was the best drama of 2016. It broke my heart as I have so much love for Park Shin Hye and I loved Doctors as well. Goblin didn't make it though. Doctors did. I was rooting for you from the benches and was amazed with what you managed to achieve.

I'm not here pointing fingers or placing blame. I'll try to explain and ask a question.

When the poll was running, we discovered that it was possible to vote multiple times. I myself voted 4 times (once for each team) on a single computer. We also received messages that some users were abusing that possibility. The mods creating the contest (of which I am no part), thought it would be obvious that you're only allowed to vote once. Some users didn't think so. 
When we discovered this problem, the mods and admins have been discussing for days how to solve this problem. Whatever option was suggested towards the rest of the mods and admins (and yes, a lot of us were involved during this), there was always a huge downside and we always knew that people would feel hurt or mistreated. We felt that not doing anything, would make a mockery of the contest and of Soompi and the users who played fair, so something needed to be done. In the end, the option to let all teams pass the first round was chosen as having the least impact. Perhaps we should've been clearer about the reasons, though it is true that in part this option was also chosen because we loved all submissions.

Although I'm not part of the contest mods, I have been following this fairly closely and I'm sad to see that you guys have withdrawn. So I'm here to ask you guys a question: Would you please reconsider backing out and show our undying love for Park Shin Hye (okay, and for that dude too...)? 

P.s. about the time conversion: try this site http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ ! 

• Like 8

@CamelKnight First thank you so much for being the first (ok maybe not the first if you include the contest page) but definitely the ONLY mod whom cared enough to write to us to explain what went wrong with the contest. Second, thank you for asking us that question of a possibility for us to return to the contest. Soompi has a heart after all. So, Ive alerted my team on your message but with our time difference it's difficult to discuss this option with all my team members. Im still waiting on their replies. Yet I can tell you that we havent regretted our decision to withdraw from this contest so I dont think the majority of us would like to return.

To me, it's too late and the hurt has been done. Im still bitter, I still have so many questions yet to be answered but was told to "move on and focus on round 2". Not possible to focus when your at boiling point. So I and all of us moved on and that's NOT on round 2. The Doctors team has withdrawn from the contest and it wasnt a easy decision to make. Being our contest representative, I constantly asked myself did I make the right decision? maybe I was too hot headed? irrational? maybe my team wants to continue and prove to all what we achieve wasnt out of pot luck or through what some would call "abuse" (that I question) of votes? It was not until now that my team has fully returned and gave me a message of support that I can come back feeling so much at ease. Im glad I have my team supporting our withdrawal as well as many other supporters backing us. I cant thank them enough. Just goes to show that some friendships gained here was indeed genuine. 

As much as we support PSH, the other dude/s - KRW, YKS, LSK  and love the message that Doctors delivered to our hearts I cant continue this contest. There was so much more to discuss that we couldn't cover in round one and would've loved the challenge that round 2 proposed.  Sadly, given all the richard simmons that happened my mind isn't up for it. I wasn't joking about cursing all the way especially if we persevered on and Im sure all you'll be reading is richard simmons this and that. Not a good analysis is it? 

So thank you @CamelKnight for showing that you cared.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@CamelKnight First thank you so much for being the first (ok maybe not the first if you include the contest page) but definitely the ONLY mod whom cared enough to write to us to explain what went wrong with the contest. Second, thank you for asking us that question of a possibility for us to return to the contest. Soompi has a heart after all. So, Ive alerted my team on your message but with our time difference it's difficult to discuss this option with all my team members. Im still waiting on their replies. Yet I can tell you that we havent regretted our decision to withdraw from this contest so I dont think the majority of us would like to return.

To me, it's too late and the hurt has been done. Im still bitter, I still have so many questions yet to be answered but was told to "move on and focus on round 2". Not possible to focus when your at boiling point. So I and all of us moved on and that's NOT on round 2. The Doctors team has withdrawn from the contest and it wasnt a easy decision to make. Being our contest representative, I constantly asked myself did I make the right decision? maybe I was too hot headed? irrational? maybe my team wants to continue and prove to all what we achieve wasnt out of pot luck or through what some would call "abuse" (that I question) of votes? It was not until now that my team has fully returned and gave me a message of support that I can come back feeling so much at ease. Im glad I have my team supporting our withdrawal as well as many other supporters backing us. I cant thank them enough. Just goes to show that some friendships gained here was indeed genuine. 

As much as we support PSH, the other dude/s - KRW, YKS, LSK  and love the message that Doctors delivered to our hearts I cant continue this contest. There was so much more to discuss that we couldn't cover in round one and would've loved the challenge that round 2 proposed.  Sadly, given all the richard simmons that happened my mind isn't up for it. I wasn't joking about cursing all the way especially if we persevered on and Im sure all you'll be reading is richard simmons this and that. Not a good analysis is it? 

So thank you @CamelKnight for showing that you cared.

Let me start of by making absolutely clear that abuse has been noticed. It has even been admitted by members in the Contest thread. I'm not saying you personally did, perhaps not even your main team. But members did. Members of all teams. In part, we, the mods and admins of Soompi, are responsible for that as we created the poll on a different site and didn't explain the rules clear enough. We should've considered the fact that some people are not in it for the fun, but for the win and will do anything to get the crown.

If you feel personally attacked while you did nothing wrong, or feel you've done nothing wrong, I completely understand you feel bitter! I would too! And I apologize for that. I would understand that you wouldn't want to continue, although I guess the Doctors team would lose one hell of a leader and a great team if you really, definitely decided to not go on. Eventhough the contest led to a letdown, I'm positive you had a lot of fun while getting there and I can guarantee you that we'll do everything in our power to make sure it will continue, and remain, to be fun for the remainder of the contest. This debacle has shook us, possibly even more than it has you.

The predicament the contest mods were in was one of the worst we've had. There have thankfully been only a few incidents on the forum that turned us up side down like this has. Like I said before, we've been discussing options to remedy the problem for days. We thought of closing the poll early, of weeding out the duplicate IP's, of cutting a number of votes amongst other options. In the end, it would've hurt our contestants none the less.

It hurts us, the mods and admins, that there are people out there who think nothing of abusing mechanics on a simple contest where the prizes consist of Viki Passes and a badge on the forum. We're not even talking about a paid vacation or a shiny new car. A virtual badge. We try to make Soompi forums a fun and engaging place. Yes, we make mistakes. After all, we're only human and all of us are volunteers. I spend many hours on Soompi, moderating stuff, for absolutely nothing. And I love it! I really do. But stuff like this sometimes makes me wonder, you know?

For where we went wrong, I sincerely apologize. I completely understand you and all other contestants who felt wronged and I sincerely hope you can reconsider. Not just you, but your entire team. If not as a leader, perhaps as a contributor. You've shown with your submission that there's so much love for Doctors and I'm sure you've convinced at least a few more members to watch Doctors. Why not go all the way and see how many more you can rally? Hmm? For Park Shin Hye?

If you do, I promise I'll rewatch Doctors right after I've finished Fight My Way :D 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor park shin hye doctors

• Like 8

Although, I love DOTS too, here is why I love Doctors more.  Both are romantic dramas with some Action, one drama is more action focused and the other is more Romance focused.  Example---comparing the helicopter reunion scenes:

DOTS has this slow-mo helicopter reunion scene when it comes in to pick up the doctors from the tarmac. The reunion of two people who had an attraction for each other but called it 'quits' because one of them was afraid of facing the possible loss of the other.  At the reunion,  her scarf blows in the wind and he descends from the helicopter. She looks at the guys coming towards her and realizes it's him--the man she's trying to forget. He walks with swagger with his boys, but walks past her and addresses the group. Then he turns towards her and hands her the scarf. It's a cute reunion.

Vs.

Doctors has this wonderful slow-mo helicopter reunion scene of two people who had a connection, attraction buried deep in their heart from prying eyes--forbidden love; a love that they didn't even recognize. However, they were separated due to others around them. At the reunion, her eyes are looking intently at the helicopter, when unexpectedly she sees the man she had a school girl crush on, the man that inspired her to become a doctor, descends from the helicopter. As her eyes soaked in the sight before her, you can see the surprise, the longing, the shyness and the confusion.....all fleeting and subtle.  

When he sees her, he walks towards her with purpose--to the point we thought he was going to pass her by. He stops before her. She gathers her wits and asks about the patient. He responds. She immediately forgot about the scolding she had just given the intern about focusing on work and not personal matters as she asked JH,  how he's been. Of course, we know the rest. That's why JH made it clear that he wasn't going to let her go this time around.

"Are you married?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Good, then we're set."

The JH walks away with that little smirk on his face--happy that he had finally, unexpectedly, found the woman he had been searching for over the years and she's still single. 

There is no comparison, in my opinion, to the two reunion scenes. Doctors hands down made my heart flutter and I felt giddy like a little girl hearing JH's questions to HJ.

It's not hard to understand why people love this drama.

(All, excuse any typing errors--on meds at the moment for an injured back, so who knows what I'm writing......:lol:)

• Like 10

@CamelKnight and @MadraRua, I have to say that I truly appreciate you both. I also appreciate you both taking time to explain the issue in detail. I understand your dilemma. However, I also think that the results probably also balanced themselves out because duplicate voting probably happened with all. The system wouldn't let me vote twice, but that's neither here nor there.

I personally lost my desire after having my integrity questioned. I'll rather just share my thoughts with the group on this thread. I was never in this for the 'prizes' since I'm already signed up with Viki and DramaFever. I was doing this for the friendly camaraderie and working with the Caregiver team.  It was fun for us, scattered across the globe, to come together and work on this project.

Any who, I think I will just continue sharing my thoughts here.

Again, I appreciate you both and hope to have another discussion on another drama in the future.

• Like 11

@lclarakl

Thanks for your kind words. 

I'm not the best at explaining myself but I'm sorry for any hurt feelings over our final decision to include all four dramas in the 2nd round. It wasn't easy to find a resolution and it certainly wasn't on a whim. It was discussed at length amoung all the staff and we didn't want to make a big fuss over the extra votes as it was partly our fault for having the poll there and then not being clear enough in our execution. 

Thanks to all the members of the caregivers team, I enjoyed reading your first round entry and I'm sorry you won't be progressing through the competition. I respect your collective decision. 

This has certainly been a learning curve and I really do appreciate the time you've all taken to explain yourselves. 

• Like 10

Again thank you @CamelKnight for your sincere apology. I hope you know that like @lclarakl I do respect your work here.  Esp in the help forum where you always were quick to reply when I or anyone called you.  I know the Mods are all voluntary and they spend lots of time to help this forum. I applaud all your dedication. This predicament you mention I guess is now something you and your team needs to reflect on in order that it wont be repeated. It certainly shooked us as much as it to you.  If I wasn't the team representative I would've left this forum. But out of respect of my team I find myself logging in here to read their thoughts and most importantly to give them my thanks of support.

Having said that, I think most of my team have read your posts and would like to thank you as well. Unfortunately there is no turning back for us. We've lost our motivation and heart to continue many days ago. Thank you and @MadraRua for respecting our collective decision to withdraw from this contest. Thank you Soompi for organising this contest. It didnt end well for us but at least we did enjoy some parts of our journey esp when we worked together as a team. 

@lclarakl omo you triggered me with your DOTS and DOCTORS comparison. I saw this in tumblr and now recall the same reunion scene depicted in W. HAHAHA! fancy that, our 3 drama's in this competition holding some similarities.... I wonder if Moon Lovers too. Let me think on that one. Could you imagine Wang So asking Ha Soo that same question - "Are you married?" crazy-monkey-emoticon-154.gif?1292792419 wait that did happen in Ruler Master of the Mask. Opps wrong drama :tongue:

But here is the scene from W.

tumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo2_1280.pngtumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo3_1280.png

tumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo4_1280.png

tumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo5_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_o9ixdoTVUf1r5c02zo1_500.giftumblr_o9ixdoTVUf1r5c02zo2_500.giftumblr_o9ixdoTVUf1r5c02zo5_500.gif

cr irrational-obsessions in tumblr

tumblr_ob0jtcGeOz1uxmbnyo6_r1_1280.png

MY REACTION EXACTLY! crazy-monkey-emoticon-154.gif?1292792419

cr kdramacreams in tumblr

Get well soon @lclarakl seems everyone I know is getting injured or sick. Take care and hope to see you in LiNE. :D

• Like 10

@lclarakl and @Kasmic I feel sorry for you guys leaving the contest and appreciate your kind words. I tried to get you guys back in the race, but understand that you no longer feel like it and will leave it at that.

I'll still watch Doctors after Fight My Way though. I kinda wanna see that kick-donkey-behind fighting scene again :D 

• Like 10

I really appreciate @CamelKnight and @MadraRua for explaining and with sincerity albeit a little late.  It had been a lengthy discussion on our end as well to remain or to withdrew from the contest. In the end everyone decided to drop out because we had lost faith in the contest and our integrity was questioned.  Anyways thank you for explaining things to us. At least we saw thungs on your perspective as well.

Good luck on the remaining part of the contest.

• Like 8