[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Will patiently wait for the subs.

I think this is an important episode, narrative wise, because it tied up some loose ends pertaining to SM and how he conceived KC. It's actually so riveting because the creator of the webtoon was explaining himself to a character he created. It was just so meta. 

I love how intense KC was the whole time because of all the revelations. On existential terms, his life, as he knew it, just disintegrated right befor his very eyes or shall we say was condensed into volume upon volume of the webtoon series. 

More than the romance for now, though clearly YJ and KC are now falling for each other, I'm interested at how wuri writernim will take his own story. We have the webtoon world at a standstill and the hero trying to kill himself off in the real world. Surprisingly, KC seems almost human in the real world, he bled. Is that where the trajectory of the drama will go? To humanize KC? Wahhh!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, snowglobe147 said:

Man: When did you save Kang Chul then, you should have just left him there to die.

Another man: It became like this because someone saved him.

KC: For a main character that was looking for a murderer and became one himself, there's no better fitting ending than this.

KC: Please send this.

YJ: If it says it 'the end' in a comic, what happens after that? Children's storybooks always end the same way, "and the two lived happily ever after."

YJ: But what would it really be for it to be the end?

YJ: Please save Kang Chul! Save him! I think we'll be able to save him! 

Thanx  a lot for the fast translation - wow!

I believe the two first lines are from Soo Bong.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

That was my first thought. My second thought was, honestly, I don't blame him. Murder is wrong, but duuuuuuude!  This guy...!  Not only was the dad completely unrepentant but it turns out he physically took a knife to KC himself, attacked him first... and just when I thought I could sympathize with him about feeling crazy and isolated because his webtoon was coming to life... he starts back in on taunting and goading KC. Even then, KC was totally willing to walk away, even after being denied what he wanted (rescuing his friends from their frozen state? being drawn back into the fold?) and still YJ's dad was like, I think I can squeeze one more douchey drop out of my douchetastic self, I believe in me!  Really I don't know how KC held off as long as he did.

I'm not sure what to think about our OTP now, they have officially entered messed-up-beyond-all-get-out territory. As for how YJ will react, assuming dad's not dead, she heard the whole thing, the ugly on both sides. There's a lot of blame in this sandwich but ultimately, karma's a richard simmons. Here's the thing: the gun hurt the dad but I doubt it killed him - because if he did, there'd be no otp because there's really no coming back from I killed your dad at point blank range. Anywho, the out probably has something to do with the gun being from W and not from their world. But the intent was clear. Whew. So much happened and it was all confined to two spaces; this was a brave episode because it was pure dialogue and full of anguish and bitterness and murderous intent. It was a two man show essentially and they both owned it. Congrats to the actors!

I didn't blame him either but gosh, the writer really wanted to test our patience in this drama. The father is the actual realization of pain in the richard simmons and our OTP is beyond messed up now. :(
I agree. It's very brave to not put any "extra help" other than an honest conversation between Kang Chul and the father. Especially for almost half an hour. Although I must say, in some parts it's a little bit lacking but kudos to the actors. Well played! :)
PS: I like how you described things. Very entertaining to read! :D

• Like 11

@nonski thank you for the shout out.. unfortunately I couldn't stream live

16 minutes ago, Onur_dem said:

Soobong: Why did he (Sangmoo) save Kang Chul at that time when he (Kang Chul) left him to die? If he didn’t save him, he won’t be in this condition

Kang Chul: For the main character who become a killer while trying to find the killer… there’s no other ending that fit other than this

Kang Chul: Please send this

Yeonjoo (in teenager state?): If the manhwa is ending and what is going to happen? In the fairy tale the ending is always the same, ‘And they live happily ever after’

Yeonjoo: But if it really ended, what will happen?

Yeonjoo: Please save Kang Chul… Please save him… I think you/we are able to save him

Text preview

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/w/preview/index.html

Title: Please save Kang Chul! Save him!

Yeonjo in haste go to Sangmo’s workplace, but Sangmo has been shot by Kang Chul and collapsed. Kang Chul after sending a last letter to Yeonjoo, he goes to River Han Bridge to make a right ending according to him

I don't know if either @snowglobe147 or @stroppyse or others has translated the preview or not, the pages is shifting so fast. (I wrote this when I'm in page 365)

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, Adnana said:

Dad didn't die at the scene, the EMTs are clearly working to stabilize him. And I think he survives after he's brought to the hospital.

If her Dad had really died, I doubt that YJ would be in the frame of mind to worry about KC--as she seems to be doing in the preview.

That is what I'm rooting for. The father need to help Kang Chul find out who the "black evil guy" is. He owes that much. :) 

• Like 10

He love YJ....he admit his feeling thru her...the way he's happy to finally meet her in "her world" and land a sweet kiss...KC fallen for her. 

That's why he has another reason to fight for his fate, how he confront daddy Oh to be able to catch the black mask man, to change his fate but daddy Oh keep cornered him and tell him that he should die...poor KC.

He left his note to YJ show how she meant for him, my poor heart...I wish tomorrow we can have a happy episode....I wonder what happen in W world, as KC suicide in real world also posted on webtoon I'm kinda lost on about what happen in W world is it still on freeze mode? 

but no matter how irrational the story is...but still it's cool...unlogically cool....this writer is daebak. even during scene when KC confront daddy Oh, they keep talking for minutes I can't keep my eyes off from the screen or even type my update recaps...because the conversation itself so intense and I just stuck listened to them and my heart race because of the emotion brought up by them...

• Like 20

wackeemarie     505

• wackeemarie
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 4 minutes ago · 

@sharreb I agree.will think about Ep7&8 as promised by prod staff to ease the pain that Ep5 (& 6 also) brought us.and will re watch the cute bantering between KC & OYJ until next Wed. I feel so tired after that 1 hour.

good night/good morning Chingus. tomorrow's another work day for me.will back read on work breaks.

@wackeemarie oh gosh chingu. I feel exactly like you. I felt like someone took the wind out of my sail. Ep 2,3 Leaves me giddy and pumped. Ep 4 raised questions but the scene of KC walking into realworld was breathtaking and the preview leaves me breathless for more. Ep 5 literally my heart is in pain and i feel so bad for KC and YJ and to a certain extend YJ's dad. And this is from watching raw. I thk i cant watch ep 5 with subs until ive seen whats up in ep 6. My heart probably cant take it.

• Like 11

I feel that the story is really going at a lightning speed!!! It's way too fast until i couldn't catch up! 

Looks like HHJ is still working on the set! 

cr to owners

I REALLY HOPE LJS can post some selfie with HHJ. It will warm up our heart even more ;) 

• Like 16

Annyeong everyone! I hv not been watching any kdramas for quite some time but watching 1st episode of W got me so hooked!

Not a fan of HHJ or LJS but really love their acting in W so much especially HHJ. Both look so good like in manhwa :wub:

Now I got to standby every week to watch 2 episodes is really so miserable :(

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

Thank you too chingu!

And to all our dear recappers , screencappers and translators...thank you so much ...you did a great job guys! 1iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emoji 

the kiss... I want more of it...a longer version maybe?...hahahaha 7iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emoji

me 2 me 3 me 4.. a very very very very long one... with zoom in zoom out and in so many angle love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

• Like 9

15 hours ago, alekaonu said:

gomawo @i.am.bugz.funny for the links to the passionate kiss. Do you have youtube link please?

cos with YouTube link, I can download the kissing scene and rewind and rewind and rewind and rewind :P:lol:

MBC is late in updating W on their YT website...I'll just send you PM that contains a site where you can download naver videos...actually I'm downloading the kiss right now...

• Like 12