[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

6 hours ago, lyserose said:

My favourite Hwarang boy is Sam Maek Jong /Ji Dwi. I feel bad that his character and advances on Aro being bashed badly by the commentators at Dramabeans. Some people are just trying to be all feminist these days. When he said he wanted to dance for Aro alone, my heart bleeds for him. When he asked her if she felt nothing when they were so closed together (laundry scene) and she asked about Sun Woo / Moo Myung instead, my heart aches for him. At this juncture especially with the kiss between Aro-Sun Woo that basically seal the deals between them, I really hope Ji Dwi will get passed his feelings for Aro and move on. Love can't change overnight but I just hope he would stay away from her and just enough loving her from afar, at least my heart won't hurt so badly seeing his futile effort to win the heart of Aro. I strongly love the loveline between Ji Dwi and Aro more because I feel Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara has more explosive chemistry than hers with Park Seo Joon (apologized to all Sun Woo-Aro shippers). And gosh, isn't Park Hyung Sik mesmerizing?. I wonder how come I never discovered him until now. Cheers.

I am also struggling with the PSJ + GA ship bc I found PHS to have more of a chemistry with her than PSJ. However seeing that kiss (still haven't seen ep 10 lol) between PSJ and GA moved me. That was truthfully the first time I saw chemistry between them. They had cutesy scenes, yes, and I understand they were portraying a brother sister relationship but I hope that their dynamics will have changed after that kiss. I'm sure it will since they both broke that wall down and confessed their feelings for each other. 

PHS' character on the other hand had the advantage of not being related to Go Ara in the first place lol I guess that's the reason why their chemistry was better IMO bc he was never forced to hold back his feelings for her and it sucks that he's getting bashed for it. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so hoping that Ah-ro ended up with the king, I love his character so much.  However, I understand why they cannot be together, Ah-ro is a half-bone and; therefore, cannot possibly married the king.  From what I understand, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, under the bone rank system in Silla, the king could only marry a sacred bone because only a sacred bone could ascend to the throne.  Therefore, he must marry the princess because I believe she is either sacred bone or a true bone, in other words have "royal" blood on both sides of her family.  Because of this caste system, no matter how much the king likes Ah-ro, he could never make her his queen, he could; however, make her his concubine.  Therefore, MM and AR will end up together.  Although AR has fallen for MM, now that she knows who the king is, she will do what she must to protect him and his secret. 

I loved it when the king asserted his authority and made the queen's bodyguard kneel, even his mother had to back down, great scene.    In earlier posts some were speaking of the king's arrogance and how he did not know how to approach Ah-Ra.  He is not arrogant, but authoritative and there is a big difference.  The king may be in hiding, but he is well aware of who he is. I am afraid that his mother is starting to realize it is about time to relinquish the throne. Also, I have problems with the Queen Mother, it is really a shame that someone is slowing poisoning her. 

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:
13 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I do follow this drama but must ask this question, SW is related to the royal house he's been living with a hidden identity that he don't know about could someone elaborate more on SW past.. 

you may have had the answer but...

we still don't know much and not completely sure but most likely Moo Myung is the son of the disqualified King we met yesterday's episode and he was sent away and hidden to protect him from those adter the throne who would go after his life as the eldest descendant of the royalty sacred blood which makes him the highly condidate to be the new King not Sam Maek Jong!! 

I agree; however, it would also depend on who Moo Myung's mother is, it she is not a true bone then he would not qualify for the throne.  Also once the disqualified king's name was removed from the family registry would it matter who MM's birth father was?  Moo Myung has no supporters, the battle for the throne would be nearly impossible.  The best position for him is as the king's right-hand man.

The interaction between Soo Ho's sister and Ban Ryu makes my heart fluttering hahahaaa. I hope they can be together in the end. It's really funny when she give her brother a punch to save Ban Ryu. It's good to see Ban Ryu smiles when he read letter from Soo Ho's sister. Then yeah, Mo Myeong and A Ro first kiss! Something is going fishy about ahjussi who come to Ahn Ji Gong's house, I think he has releationship with Mo Myeong. I'm anticipating for next episodes :blush:

Guest aoikarin

Did I tell you how much I love the writernim.. another mirroring action between our beautiful hwarang

My Questions:

1. DID MooMyung See Sam Maek Jung’s force kiss on Arang? Then he questioned him… he also gave Aro a napkin asked her to wipe it.. which part? her full of sweat forehead? or her lips because she’s been kissed against her will. :D

2. DID SMJ see MM kissed Aro on the field? Why would SMJ asked such question to MM? “Why Did YOu DO “That” to Ah Ro?

Let me answer it for MM (fufufufu)

To stop her crying.. she cries so much.. she needs to stop.. so this is the right way to stop her

However, i can't stop smiling watching this scene.. ParkHyungSik is so cute portraying SMJ's character... I can't hate his character at all...

Spoiler

3 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

One could write all day about every thing they saw and felt in Episode 10 but it won't even touch or compare with the...  

Spoiler

Because everything about it was unexpected, exciting and breath taking.You always wonder when, how, where it's going to take place but this was such a sweet surprise. ARO's tearful expression & confession of all those feelings she held back for all this time.  Was like a floodgate opening up from deep within her heart pouring out just as fast as she could say the words.  Regretting not saying them sooner, not telling MM that in fact she was so glad that he wasn't her brother her feelings had nothing to do with family and everything to do with passion.  He made her heart race and her blood boil with excitement just being near him was like nothing else she had ever known or felt...

When you saw his finger move and your heart started to race as well, because you knew he was awake and listening to every word she was saying.  Laying there with his eyes closed but knowing his heart was hearing and taking in every letter, every word.  ARO so close, so honest must have been pure heaven for him.  No longer wondering, no longer fighting & struggling, no longer having to hold back his feelings.  He can't take her saying another word the excitement within him is just growing it must have felt as if his heart would burst at any moment from pure happiness.  He quickly grabs a hold of her head draws her lips and her heart into him gives her that long awaited first kiss.  Can you imagine how relaxed & relieved now finally no longer holding back that kiss that was hidden and kept in his dreams.  That he had longed for, wanted and had done every time through his eyes within his mind over and over again when she was so close to him, close enough to kiss...

I can't wait to see the reaction & words that we will see and experience next week all I do know for sure is it's just getting better and better....  They say one doesn't forget their First KIss and I'm not sure I will be forgetting MM & ARO's anytime soon.  I do realize ARO's first kiss that we saw was with the King but to me there is a difference when a kiss is given and received by two hearts that are in love, are willing and wanting of each other...

your words chingu!! :thumbsup::heart: 

I can't wait for it too!! :w00t::blush: 

3 hours ago, tomiemie said:

Favorite couple is Ban Ryu & Suho's sister, they are a good match because of their contrasting personalities, complementing each other's strengths & weaknesses. Anyway, wondering if it is possible between SMJ & Aro since the true cause of her brother's death was because he saw the king's face, though Aro's brother tried to protect MM (MM almost died too if not for Aro's father), though SMJ did not kill him directly, he knew his death was indirectly caused by him & he saw them left to die on the street in the forest.

thanks goodness last night's show was lightened up when the bodyguard replied he was 22 year old twice!

reading your words was gut wrenching and heartbreaking all over again!! :heartbreak:   

there is no hope for Maek Jong with Ah Ro not because her brother's death but because her heart already belonged to Moo Myung!! :wink: but how will he react when he'll find out that the young man who died and as you said left him bleeding to death was actually Ah Ro's brother!! add to it Moo Myung's reaction to that realisation!! My Heart!! :heartbreak: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh how can he say that with such confidence is another thing all together!! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Hahaha Pa-oh is also my favorite character, he's kinda cute for an ahjussi, I like him :wub:

I heard the actor who played him will meet hyungsik again in his new drama, strong woman do bong soon lol, this time he will play park bo young's character dad, which makes him a soon to be father in law to hyungsik character,.. hahaha, what a reunion! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhh that would be fun!! :lol::D 

1 hour ago, nassyra said:

Hello, I'm new here,I love Hwarang and it's been a while that I was looking for a discussion to share impressions about the episodes, I'm glad I've found this one, with interesting theories about dog-bird's true indentity and same opinnions about the couples, Bromances and characters.

I have a question about Moo Myung's frequent fainting spells, isn't that odd that he keeps loosing consciousness out of the blue? I remember that in the first episodes Ah Ro's father asked him how he managed to live with that condition all his life, does that mean that he has some sort of an illness?

hi chingu!! happy that you're enjoying the drama like we do and joined us here!! :D

we still don't know for sure what is it his condition but yes it's kind of illness!! I read in one of dramabeans comments that it can be vasovagal syncope which is caused by a trigger that results the turbulance of blood flowing to the brain and that causes the fainting!! and as the sufferer falls down when he faints that position allows the restauration of the blood flowing properly to the brain allowing him to regain consciousness!! for now this condition fits the symptomps we saw of Moo Myung this far but we still need them to tell us for sure what is his condition if they'd like stop torturing us!! :crazy:

this is more information about vasovagal syncope:

Spoiler

Signs and symptoms[edit]

Episodes of vasovagal syncope are typically recurrent and usually occur when the predisposed person is exposed to a specific trigger. Prior to losing consciousness, the individual frequently experiences early signs or symptoms such as lightheadedness, nausea, the feeling of being extremely hot or cold (accompanied by sweating), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), an uncomfortable feeling in the heart, fuzzy thoughts, confusion, a slight inability to speak/form words (sometimes combined with mild stuttering), weakness and visual disturbances such as lights seeming too bright, fuzzy or tunnel vision, black cloud-like spots in vision, and a feeling of nervousness can occur as well. The symptoms last for a few seconds before the loss of consciousness (if it is lost), which typically happens when the person is sitting up or standing.

When sufferers pass out, they fall down (unless prevented from doing so) and, when in this position, effective blood flow to the brain is immediately restored, allowing the person to regain consciousness. If the person does not fall into a fully flat, supine position, and the head remains elevated above the trunk, a state similar to a seizure may result from the blood's inability to return quickly to the brain, and the neurons in the body will fire off and generally cause muscles to twitch very slightly but mostly remain very tense. Fainting occurs with a loss of oxygen to the brain.[5]

The autonomic nervous system's physiological state (see below) leading to loss of consciousness may persist for several minutes, so

• If sufferers try to sit or stand when they wake up, they may pass out again
  • The person may be nauseated, pale, and sweaty for several minutes or hours

Cause[edit]

Vasovagal syncope occurs in response to a trigger, with a corresponding malfunction in the parts of the nervous system that regulate heart rate and blood pressure. When heart rate slows, blood pressure drops, and the resulting lack of blood to the brain causes fainting and confusion.[6]

Typical triggers for vasovagal episodes include:[7]

• Prolonged standing or upright sitting
  • After or during urination (micturition syncope)
  • Straining, such as to have a bowel movement
  • Standing up very quickly (orthostatic hypotension)
  • During or post-biopsy procedures
  • Stress directly related to trauma[8]
  • Stress
  • Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). Multiple chronic episodes are experienced daily by many patients diagnosed with this syndrome. Episodes are most commonly manifested upon standing up.
  • Any painful or unpleasant stimuli, such as:
    • Trauma (such as hitting one's funny bone)
    • Watching or experiencing medical procedures (such as venipuncture or injection)
    • High pressure on or around the chest area after heavy exercise
  • Severe menstrual cramps
  • Sensitivity to pain
  • Arousal or stimulants, e.g. sex, tickling, or adrenaline
  • Sudden onset of extreme emotions
  • Lack of sleep
  • Hunger
  • Coughing
  • Being exposed to high temperatures
  • Random onsets due to nerve malfunctions
  • Pressing upon certain places on the throat, sinuses, and eyes (also known as vagal reflex stimulation when performed clinically)
  • Use of certain drugs that affect blood pressure, such as cocaine, alcohol, marijuana, inhalants, and opiates[9]
  • The sight of blood[10]
  • Serotonin level / SSRI[11]
  • Swallowing[12]
  • (Less commonly) Low blood sugar[13]
  • Time varying magnetic field[14] (e.g., transcranial magnetic stimulation)
  • IUD insertion[15]

cr: wikepidea

2 hours ago, aoikarin said:

Excited Excited I'm super excited with MM and Aro 's romance.. looks like the kiss won't stop at ep 10.. there'll be moreeeee...

Hide contents

Back hug From Aro...and another kiss from fake Oppa... hahahaha.. AnJi Gong.. you are so wrong if you told this two become siblings..Looks like Anji Gong already choose husband for Ara.. :D

Spazzing for Park Seo Joon

Hide contents

Ahhh.. beautiful Hwarang...and I want that Photobook!!

OMO!! :love: I'm out of words chingu!! I'm in full swooning and squeeing mode now!! :love::blush: we will have more kisses!! :blush: and Park Seo Joon looks SUPPER HANDSOME AND SWOONY!! :love: I want this photobook too!! :love: can't wait till we reach these episodes!! :w00t::love: 

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

[PHOTO] SAM MAEK JONG (PARK HYUNG SIK) - HWARANG PHOTOBOOK

Hide contents

Sam Maek Jong, gorgeous king with beautiful & sad eyes :wub: I need HQ of right photo :wink:

And, i have something to say. I don't know (& don't care) how the writer will write about MM's identity. But remember in history, SMJ (Jinheung) is one of the greatest kings of Silla. So whatever the writer do with MM, whether truth of fiction, with respect for history and great King, she/he can't write random and misrepresent about the legitimate heir of Silla a.k.a SMJ. SMJ is the true legitimate king of Silla :wub:

awww how hundsome is our King in his King's robe?!! :love: 

more bromance!! :w00t::love: 

but why my boys are surrounded by armed soldiers?!! stay away from my boys!! :confounded: :scream: 

I'm sure that whatever Moo Myung's identity is that won't change who Sam Maek Jong is and how he earned his position as a Great King of Silla!! this is the story of Moo Myung who grow to be a Legendary Leader of Hwarang and Sam Maek Jong growing into Silla's Great King after all, so don't worry chingu!! :) 

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

Sam Maek Jong, gorgeous king with beautiful & sad eyes :wub: I need HQ of right photo :wink: (Blame it on you, Hyungsik :tongue: Becoz of your amazing SMJ, i just order this photobook & waiting :rolleyes: )

And, i have something to say. I don't know (& don't care) how the writer will write about MM's identity. But remember in history, SMJ (Jinheung) is one of the greatest kings of Silla. So whatever the writer do with MM, whether truth of fiction, with respect for history and great King, she/he can't write random and misrepresent about the legitimate heir of Silla a.k.a SMJ. SMJ is the true legitimate king of Silla :wub:

Omo.. the photos are good.. SMJ looks gorgeous  even when he s in white sleeping clothes.

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

I was so hoping that Ah-ro ended up with the king, I love his character so much.  However, I understand why they cannot be together, Ah-ro is a half-bone and; therefore, cannot possibly married the king.  From what I understand, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, under the bone rank system in Silla, the king could only marry a sacred bone because only a sacred bone could ascend to the throne.  Therefore, he must marry the princess because I believe she is either sacred bone or a true bone, in other words have "royal" blood on both sides of her family.  Because of this caste system, no matter how much the king likes Ah-ro, he could never make her his queen, he could; however, make her his concubine.  Therefore, MM and AR will end up together.  Although AR has fallen for MM, now that she knows who the king is, she will do what she must to protect him and his secret. 

I loved it when the king asserted his authority and made the queen's bodyguard kneel, even his mother had to back down, great scene.    In earlier posts some were speaking of the king's arrogance and how he did not know how to approach Ah-Ra.  He is not arrogant, but authoritative and there is a big difference.  The king may be in hiding, but he is well aware of who he is. I am afraid that his mother is starting to realize it is about time to relinquish the throne. Also, I have problems with the Queen Mother, it is really a shame that someone is slowing poisoning her. 

as a King he have to marry a royalty sacred bone and that's why he's to marry his half sister!! it's their way to keep the royalty sacred bone pure!! that's how they think at least!! 

55 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I agree; however, it would also depend on who Moo Myung's mother is, it she is not a true bone then he would not qualify for the throne.  Also once the disqualified king's name was removed from the family registry would it matter who MM's birth father was?  Moo Myung has no supporters, the battle for the throne would be nearly impossible.  The best position for him is as the king's right-hand man.

I think that if his mother wasn't sacred blood there would have been no reason to hide him!! and I really don't know much about the rules of becoming a King but I think that even if his father was removed from the family register he remains a Royalty sacred blood and being the eldest son make him a condidate to be a King or in other case some people can use it to take down Sam Maek Jong or see Moo Myung as a threat neverthless and try to kill him anyway and that's why they kept him hidden!! that's how I think at least!! :D 

55 minutes ago, testuya said:

Hi I'm new :) 

Sigghh.. I love this drama but I really can't see SW and AR together after seeing them kiss in the latest episode :/ I ship Ah Ro with Ji Dwi (the King) 

Am I the only one? Kind of disappointed :( 

hi chingu!! welcome to Hwarang thread happy you joined us here!! :D

I'm team Sun Woo and Ah Ro!! :wink: 

46 minutes ago, nadhiafatba said:

The interaction between Soo Ho's sister and Ban Ryu makes my heart fluttering hahahaaa. I hope they can be together in the end. It's really funny when she give her brother a punch to save Ban Ryu. It's good to see Ban Ryu smiles when he read letter from Soo Ho's sister. Then yeah, Mo Myeong and A Ro first kiss! Something is going fishy about ahjussi who come to Ahn Ji Gong's house, I think he has releationship with Mo Myeong. I'm anticipating for next episodes :blush:

yes they are so cute together!! :wub: though it's hard for now for them to be together as their parents are practicly ennemies but things will change with Hwarang and I'm sure they'll be able to be together!! :wub: 

I think he's Moo Myung's father but we need to wait (more) till they tell us for sure!! the wait!! :crazy:

30 minutes ago, aoikarin said:

Did I tell you how much I love the writernim.. another mirroring action between our beautiful hwarang

My Questions:

1. DID MooMyung See Sam Maek Jung’s force kiss on Arang? Then he questioned him… he also gave Aro a napkin asked her to wipe it.. which part? her full of sweat forehead? or her lips because she’s been kissed against her will. :D

2. DID SMJ see MM kissed Aro on the field? Why would SMJ asked such question to MM? “Why Did YOu DO “That” to Ah Ro?

Let me answer it for MM (fufufufu)

To stop her crying.. she cries so much.. she needs to stop.. so this is the right way to stop her

However, i can't stop smiling watching this scene.. ParkHyungSik is so cute portraying SMJ's character... I can't hate his character at all...

Hide contents

if Sun Woo saw the forced kiss he wouldn't have waited for Ah Ro to leave and only ask him what he did, don't you thing.!! :wink: he felt something was off when he entered the room and found no one and when Ah Ro run out when he left that's why he asked him and knew that he did something to her but didn't really knew what was it!!

and don't think Maek Jong saw their kiss too becaause he would react differently and wouldn't say that "he likes Sun Woo but likes his sister more"!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhh that was funny!! :lol: 

yes!! he's cute and can't be hated!! :wub: 

I found these MVs!! :wub: 

I can watch this forever!! :blush: 

12 hours ago, aoikarin said:

I feel bad for SMJ's character.. he's the King but can't get what he wants. He wants Aro as his person, give 100% effort to pursuit her, save her from death peril for many times.. but he's too late.. MM wins Aro since they met in the market. Aro's heart and mind full of MM.. how hard SMJ try to get Aro, that won't be fruitful.. coz Aro only sees MM. The history said SMJ married his half sister, that's a real tragedy. Park Hyung Sik did a good job. He makes me understand the feeling of SMJ's character, and found he's very cute.

My favorite actor after PSJ and Ara in Hwarang is DO JI HAN! Ban Ryu... why you are so cute and beautiful..Do Ji Han really expressive with his eyes and facial expression.. Saw Ban Ryu's expression from anger to soft when he sees sohyun. The lipsbites noted by Soho.. hahahhaa.. They are quite details.. I love it!

Back to MM, who is he? son of king candidate? SMJ's cousins who is eligible for the throne? whoever he is, i hope his royalty gene will give him a way to live as a free person not as a slave or as Aro's brother. At this moment, he can live free because he's wearing AJG's son identity.. hopefully his real royal blood will free him from his slave status and let him marry Aro. I don't hope he'll challenge SMJ for the throne.. it won't fit him.. the  free spirited Dogbird.

Ahh yes I feel bad for Sam Maek Jong as well :( It's pretty much a one-sided love for him at this point, although their moments in Episode 10 were super adorable! :wub: But yes, I agree that Moo Myung pretty much won Aro's heart already... (cries on the inside) I hope that Sam Maek Jong and Aro could have cute moments together still because even when she retaliated his feelings, their moments were just too adorable and precious~ Yeah it's sad that SMJ has to marry the princess, also his half-sister, and won't get what he really wants. But I agree, Park Hyung Sik is doing an excellent job :D

Oh gosh, Ban Ryu is the most adorablest person ever when he sees Soo Yeon. I agree that when he was angry but as soon as he saw her, he lightened up. Gah, just too sweet :wub:

I really do feel like Moo Myung is related to SMJ in some kind of way. Some people are saying they might be cousins...Maybe they are cousins, but I really feel like they are related.

12 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Episode highlight to me was Sam Maek Jong telling his mother that he is the King of their country! :D

@Random_Fangurl yes, I really like the OST that Yang Yoseob sang, too. so far, it's my most favorite one, too. :heart:

Yesss that was my favorite scene as well...!! And his cute scenes with Aro :love:  I really love Yoseob's OST as well :heart: B2UTY right here~

12 hours ago, lyserose said:

Hi guys. Greetings. I am new to the thread. Been checking if there's any Hwarang thread on soompi for a while, only to discover it today. Hope to join some of your discussions soon. 

Welcome to the thread! :D Feel free to join our discussions~ You are always welcomed!

8 hours ago, lyserose said:

My favourite Hwarang boy is Sam Maek Jong /Ji Dwi. I feel bad that his character and advances on Aro being bashed badly by the commentators at Dramabeans. Some people are just trying to be all feminist these days. When he said he wanted to dance for Aro alone, my heart bleeds for him. When he asked her if she felt nothing when they were so closed together (laundry scene) and she asked about Sun Woo / Moo Myung instead, my heart aches for him. At this juncture especially with the kiss between Aro-Sun Woo that basically seal the deals between them, I really hope Ji Dwi will get passed his feelings for Aro and move on. Love can't change overnight but I just hope he would stay away from her and just enough loving her from afar, at least my heart won't hurt so badly seeing his futile effort to win the heart of Aro. I strongly love the loveline between Ji Dwi and Aro more because I feel Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara has more explosive chemistry than hers with Park Seo Joon (apologized to all Sun Woo-Aro shippers). And gosh, isn't Park Hyung Sik mesmerizing?. I wonder how come I never discovered him until now. Cheers.

YESS FRIEND!!! I love Sam Maek Jong so much and I totally have second lead syndrome in this drama. I agree that people are bashing him too much on Dramabeans, that's why I stopped reading the comments because they are just all so negative about him :/ Even the person who is writing the Dramabeans recap is bashing SMJ too much. So I kind of stopped reading all of it all together. I really feel bad for Sam Maek Jong as well now that the Moo Myung x Aro has pretty much sailed. I feel like SMJ acts the way he is because of the way he grew up, in hiding and isolation. I mean he is the King but he isn't able to take his own throne because of all the power his mother has. And I really do believe that Sam Maek Jong is a geniune person and wants the best for his people and the nation. I don't understand why people bash SMJ so much on his actions....although some may argue that if somebody did that to you these days, you wouldn't like it. I don't know......And I just love Park Hyung Sik so much. He is just so beautiful, gahhh, and his acting is just so on point~

7 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

cr dramovie

My favourite scene in EP 10 

Yaaass, i love that scene too and i was just like YES SMJ, YOU GO TELL HIM!

DRAMA RECAPS
Hwarang: Episode 10
by LollyPip | January 18, 2017 | 55 Comments

Hwarang10-00173a.jpg

One thing I appreciate about Hwarang is that as soon as one conflict is set aside, three new ones crop up in its place. Several questions are raised in this episode, mostly regarding Sun-woo and his origins, and I’m eager to learn more about our “nameless” boy with the sad eyes and the blank past. At least life is never boring behind the gates of the Hwarang.

28_hwarang1.jpg

EPISODE 10 RECAP

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/hwarang-episode-10/

4 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Hahaha Pa-oh is also my favorite character, he's kinda cute for an ahjussi, I like him :wub:

I heard the actor who played him will meet hyungsik again in his new drama, strong woman do bong soon lol, this time he will play park bo young's character dad, which makes him a soon to be father in law to hyungsik character,.. hahaha, what a reunion! :D

Woooahhhh.... They're going to be in Hyungsik's upcoming drama???? :scream: Reunion!!! But oh man, i love that ahjussi. He is just too hilarious and precious. Pretending to be 22 years old just to be close by SMJ :joy: He is one of a kind. I honestly love their relationship and I hope nothing happens between the two

4 hours ago, nassyra said:

Hello, I'm new here,I love Hwarang and it's been a while that I was looking for a discussion to share impressions about the episodes, I'm glad I've found this one, with interesting theories about dog-bird's true indentity and same opinnions about the couples, Bromances and characters.

I have a question about Moo Myung's frequent fainting spells, isn't that odd that he keeps loosing consciousness out of the blue? I remember that in the first episodes Ah Ro's father asked him how he managed to live with that condition all his life, does that mean that he has some sort of an illness?

Welcome to the thread! :) 

1 hour ago, aoikarin said:

You honestly can't just hate SMJ character or Park Hyung Sik at all, even if you ship Moo Myung and Aro. He is just too handsome and precious in this drama~ :love:

2 hours ago, testuya said:

Hi I'm new :) 

Sigghh.. I love this drama but I really can't see SW and AR together after seeing them kiss in the latest episode :/ I ship Ah Ro with Ji Dwi (the King) 

Am I the only one? Kind of disappointed :( 

Welcome and Don't worry~ You're not the only one who ships Aro with Sam Maek Jong! I 100% ship them together and think their moments are just too adorable. I feel like when they're together, they just have amazing chemistry :wub:

2 hours ago, Carmarie said:

+10000!! Even though the ship is pretty much set between MM and AR, I feel and hope we will still get cute moments between Aro and Sam Maek Jong! I love everything you always say about Sam Maek Jong because it's always just so on point and I 100% with what you say! :wub: Love Sam Maek Jong so much. He isn't arrogant or prideful at all. He knows who he is and knows when to use his authority. He just wants the best for his nation and stop his mother from the Queen keeping her grasp over the country

2 hours ago, q4q4 said:

I am also struggling with the PSJ + GA ship bc I found PHS to have more of a chemistry with her than PSJ. However seeing that kiss (still haven't seen ep 10 lol) between PSJ and GA moved me. That was truthfully the first time I saw chemistry between them. They had cutesy scenes, yes, and I understand they were portraying a brother sister relationship but I hope that their dynamics will have changed after that kiss. I'm sure it will since they both broke that wall down and confessed their feelings for each other. 

PHS' character on the other hand had the advantage of not being related to Go Ara in the first place lol I guess that's the reason why their chemistry was better IMO bc he was never forced to hold back his feelings for her and it sucks that he's getting bashed for it. 

Yeah I do agree with you that PHS and GA tend to have more chemistry together than PSJ and GA. Every time they have their moments together in the drama, it's just too adorable and I feel like the chemistry between them is really present. But the kiss scene man. That was just beautiful and perfect... I really like the way he just swooped in for the kiss and just the overall scenery. Gahh~ Just too adorable

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Reveal hidden contents

7XrGNay.jpgvo8zw63.jpga9K3n6U.jpg2TPWGbT.jpgba4hW8A.jpg

Sam Maek Jong, gorgeous king with beautiful & sad eyes :wub: I need HQ of right photo :wink: (Blame it on you, Hyungsik :tongue: Becoz of your amazing SMJ, i just order this photobook & waiting :rolleyes: )

Oh dear. That photobook though.... Very tempting to get it now... Park Hyung Sik just looks too handsome and beautiful... :heart:

Well I'm off to school chingus! I will visit this thread again when I have time. Can't wait for Episode 11 and 12 to come out. Just only 5 more days until Episode 11 comes out :wub:

The young and beautiful princess returns from a recovering trip because of illness ...
Could I going to guess, what  disease is about?

to be ....LOVE?

Was it an unaccepted love and her mother  forced her to go on a trip to forget about it?

Anyway each line of the conversation between her and her mother at the first meeting  seemed to have completely different meaning than was told in real !!

A1zFcfP.png?1

jN7kUp8.png?1

KYfP8lY.png?1

and this glance !! gosh !! It means a lot of hate

And who would be "el macho"? he must be a good fighter, because she is a warrior princess

Spoiler

HMDBP6E.png?1

In fact she is a warrior actress  since Moorim school, she had so good martial arts skills.
Oh how much I wondered, where I saw her face particularly special her voice ?, and in a moment I knew I saw her in MS Drama !!

She would not have appreciated a different man, and I think at first she despise hwarang boys because they are so beautiful !!

She must have forgotten long time ago to smile, her face is like a stone!

But ,  still, 

Spoiler

she knows how to smile

IO0e7LQ.png?1

because of him

Spoiler

4yjzOjy.png?1

btw  Sook  Myung and Moo Myung .... oh Lord !!!

It just came to my mind but I do not want to think about it now !!

22 hours ago, ferily said:
  9 hours ago, lyserose said:

My favourite Hwarang boy is Sam Maek Jong /Ji Dwi. I feel bad that his character and advances on Aro being bashed badly by the commentators at Dramabeans. Some people are just trying to be all feminist these days. When he said he wanted to dance for Aro alone, my heart bleeds for him. When he asked her if she felt nothing when they were so closed together (laundry scene) and she asked about Sun Woo / Moo Myung instead, my heart aches for him. At this juncture especially with the kiss between Aro-Sun Woo that basically seal the deals between them, I really hope Ji Dwi will get passed his feelings for Aro and move on. Love can't change overnight but I just hope he would stay away from her and just enough loving her from afar, at least my heart won't hurt so badly seeing his futile effort to win the heart of Aro. I strongly love the loveline between Ji Dwi and Aro more because I feel Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara has more explosive chemistry than hers with Park Seo Joon (apologized to all Sun Woo-Aro shippers). And gosh, isn't Park Hyung Sik mesmerizing?. I wonder how come I never discovered him until now. Cheers

I happen to agree with you.  However, since this drama is based on historical facts; Ah-ro cannot be with Ji Dwi (the king).  I do not know why the writer would add this triangle to the story-line.  I am hoping that the writer focus more on the Harwang and the king taking the throne from his mother.  To answer your question, yes,:lol: Park Hyung Sik is mesmerizing; however, I also like Park Seo Joon. I have liked his acting since Dream High and Gold Appear.

I think Ji Dwi likes AR because she speaks her mind and treats him as a normal person.    Ah-ro is a challenge to him.   Although he told his mother, he will choose his own bride...he knows, it is not going to happen, that is the price he has to pay as king.  I do not know the customs in the Silla court, but I think the Queen Mother is instrumental in choosing the king's spouse. I don't think he has much choice in the matter.  

The princess looks like a sour puss; however, just looking at Ji Dwi should make her smile.

and this is my TOP5 Hwarang so far

ranking is made 100% by beauty

Spoiler

1    Hwarang-Do Ji-Han01.jpgBan Ryu Rang

3NFa7TJ.png?1  Sam Maek Jong / Ji Dwi Rang

3 Hwarang-Minho01.jpgSoo Ho Rang

4 Hwarang-Park Seo-Joon01.jpgMoo Myung / Sun Woo Rang

5 VCSS7dW.png?1      Han Sung Rang

Hwarang-Jo Yoon-Woo01.jpg   Yeo Wool Rang

but I must say  my favorite is Sam Maek Jong aka JiDwi aka The Great King Of Silla

He has the greatest charisma!!

Image result for hwarang the beginning

1 hour ago, carmens said:

The young and beautiful princess returns from a recovering trip because of illness ...
Could I going to guess, what  disease is about?

to be ....LOVE?

Was it an unaccepted love and her mother  forced her to go on a trip to forget about it?

Anyway each line of the conversation between her and her mother at the first meeting  seemed to have completely different meaning than was told in real !!

and this glance !! gosh !! It means a lot of hate

And who would be "el macho"? he must be a good fighter, because she is a warrior princess

Hide contents

In fact she is a warrior actress  since Moorim school, she had so good martial arts skills.
Oh how much I wondered, where I saw her face particularly special her voice ?, and in a moment I knew I saw her in MS Drama !!

She would not have appreciated a different man, and I think at first she despise hwarang boys because they are so beautiful !!

She must have forgotten long time ago to smile, her face is like a stone!

But ,  still, 

Hide contents

she knows how to smile

because of him

Hide contents

btw  Sook  Myung and Moo Myung .... oh Lord !!!

It just came to my mind but I do not want to think about it now !!

oh my!! when I 1st saw her and heard her dry voice talking to her mother the Queen and her glare when she hugged her gave me shivvers and was terrified that we got an evil princess!! :scream: but then she smiled (a fainting smile but a smile it is) when she was at the river and I realised that she's not really a bad person but she just have her own wounds that needs to heal like the rest of our Hwarang boys!! :D 

I thought that she really had an illness but somehow I feel for your story!! :lol: could it be that she was sent away because she fell in love with someone the Queen didn't aprove of?!! I'd feel really sorry for her if that's true because she won't have her 2nd love as well aka Sun Woo!! they didn't have much time together but you can feel they have something whenever they are around each other!! I'm looking forward to see more of them!! :D and yes I noticed the ressemblens of "Myung" part but Moo Myung means "nameless" so not really a name!! 

1 hour ago, pangia said:

Enjoy my MV! I'm all for Sun Woo and A-Ro

did you delete your video chingu?!! I couldn't watch it!! :( hopefully you'll make a new one and share it with us!! and thank you for your effort in making an MV for our OTP!! :wub: 

39 minutes ago, carmens said:

and this is my TOP5 Hwarang so far

ranking is made 100% by beauty

Hide contents

1    Ban Ryu Rang

2    Sam Maek Jong / Ji Dwi Rang

3 Soo Ho Rang

4 Moo Myung / Sun Woo Rang

5       Han Sung Rang

6     Yeo Wool Rang

but I must say  my favorite is Sam Maek Jong aka JiDwi aka The Great King Of Silla

He has the greatest charisma!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, I suck in raking anything!! I just don't know how to do it!! I know that I love what I love and raking them/it is pure torture for me but I'll try this for fun!! :lol::tongue: let me borrow your pics!!

Spoiler

1 Hwarang-Park Seo-Joon01.jpgMoo Myung / Sun Woo Rang  

I love him and see him super handsome and I'm fangirling over him whenever I see him!! :love::blush: 

3NFa7TJ.png?1  Sam Maek Jong / Ji Dwi Rang

he's really a charming king!! :wub: 

3 Hwarang-Minho01.jpgSoo Ho Rang

he's really handsome :wub: and funny!! hhhhhhh I missed his playful side that we see at the start of the drama!! I want him to stay away from the Queen!! 

Hwarang-Do Ji-Han01.jpgBan Ryu Rang

he's handsome for sure!! :wub: 

5 VCSS7dW.png?1      Han Sung Rang

cutie!! :wub: 

Hwarang-Jo Yoon-Woo01.jpg   Yeo Wool Rang

don't know much about him but I love him!! :D 

Spoiler

cr: owner

Archived