[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

9 hours ago, silvianage said:

could not agree more :heart:

so happy to hear this.

Although I agree with others that PHS acting is very good here, Park Seo Joon also doing a very good job in Hwarang

I agree with that for sure!! :D 

9 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

For me, disrespect history is a misstatement of the facts. Of course i prefer how SMJ get his throne back than only being borned with gold spoon. But there will be some hater who deny his effort and say "No, the true king is blah blah" if the plot develop with this direction.

It's okay if MM being royalty, he could be Gaya, Baekje or whatever i don't care. But Silla's royal blood & high candicate for the King than SMJ is "that's no no" *Masta Wu voice* (if you watcharrow-10x10.png SMTM u'll understand :lol:)

I see!! but I think that haters would just hate no matter what and even with no change of historical facts they'll just ignore everything Maek Jong willdo/did to be a great King and would say that "oh, he just became a King because he was borne one"!! for haters everything is a reason to bash on the one they hate sadly!! 

don't think I did watch it though I don't know what "SMTM" is reference to to begin with!! :sweatingbullets:

8 hours ago, ferily said:

Oh my gosh... Park Hyung Sik is singing the next OST????? :scream: Oh my god, the OSTs for this drama just keeps on getting better and BETTER!!! The voice in Epiosde 11 preview does sound like Park Hyung Sik.... When I first watchedarrow-10x10.png the preview, I knew something was familiar. I guess we'll just have to wait for news to come out!!

Oh man, yes! Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara just have an amazing chemistry....

Yes, I feel like the Dramabeans recapper has something against Sam Maek Jong in the drama so it makes me a little sad :( But I really like what the recapper said about episode 10 and how he showed he was King (not the whole aspect about Aro though). But I love Sam Maek Jong too! Yeah, you don't see a lot of idol actor who are good at acting but I feel like Park Hyung Sik is doing exceptionally well :wub: The confrontation scene in episode 10 was my favorite scene as well ^^ But oh yes yes yes.... Lee Joon Gi is an amazing actor and great at expressing characters but that's another rant I can go on :D

Yeees, I really hope the best for Sam Maek Jong as well, even if he cannot have Aro...Let him at least have Moo Myung haha! I hope Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong end up to be really really good friends and have a long lasting friendship with each other! Also I hope that the other Hwarang guys will have a good friendship with SMJ as well, even after they all find out he is King.

good thing I'm not the only one who felt that it was his voice!! :sweatingbullets:

yes!! he is a talented idol actor for sure!! :wub: 

YES, I WANT THAT!! I want them all to be great friends forever!! :wub: 

8 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Yep, he'll sing the next OST with title "여기 있을게" (I'll be here) ^^ You can hear his voice at the scene SMJ followed A Ro Ep 9 too. May be the song about The King's love :wub: ?

maybe?!! :D thank you for the information chingu!! :wub: 

8 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Oh my oh my! There's sooo much to love in both episodes this week, I don't even know where to start :tongue:

Anyway, I am glad that Hwarang made the revelation(s) took place at the mid-point of this series. I was afraid that it could be SKKS all over again, where we have to wait for 16 episodes for Lee Seon Joon to discover the true gender of Kim Yoon Shik. 16 episodes! And a lightarrow-10x10.png kiss at the end of episode 17! A better kiss at episode 18! And not much else until the epilogue at the end of episode 20. So YASS, go Hwarang!!! Although I think we have to show Aro a little bit of sympathy since she has to take in TWO great secrets in just one episode: that the one man he adore is NOT her brother, and the other man who after her so badly is THE king. Any ordinary girl would fled the country upon such revelations :D lucky for us, Aro is not just any girl hehe

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes that's true!! that was too much to take back to back!! but now there is no more secrets which YEAHHHHH!! 

And I am not even going to blabber about the kiss because @USAFarmgirl had done a wonderful job in describing it in minute detail for us to re-live the scene over and over again in our mind (and our dream hihi)... it was a well-deserved kiss for both of them since they had been suppressing their feeling for too long, my fragile heart almost can't take it anymore. The one thing I found most beautiful is that the moments leading to the kiss is not given in minutes or seconds before it took place. They were given in two whole episodes, epi 9 and 10, started with MM's confession that he is not her brother. That was one hell of a way to build a tension leading to such explosive feeling, but it was devastatingly satisfying to see them finally seal the deal with such kiss, in a beautiful landscape, in the open for everyone to see (hopefully nobody saw that, though :tongue:). Bravo!

OH MY!! that kiss was made in such a great way that I'm still rewatching it over and over and over swooning the same way everytime!! :blush: 

8 hours ago, athena22 said:

was it really his voice in episode 9??:o

I couldn't guess it :astonished:

some of us including me felt that it was his voice!! :D 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first time commenting on this thread.

what is it with go ara and second leads?  this is already her 2nd drama where i'm rooting for the 2nd lead instead of the lead.  she has better chemistry with hyunsik in my opinion, and for some weird reason, i find seojoon and the princess have better chemistry as well.

3 hours ago, gwkzz said:

What I want to see in the second half of the series are:

Spoiler

1. How SMJ turns to be one of the greatest king of Shila, in every aspect of his being. How he learns to be THE true king, who worries for his subject, while the subjects are not worry for their country. I want to see him develop within Hwarang, with the help of his fellow Hwarangs, under the tutelage of his 'cute' nangdo ehehehe... He had once, for the very first time, asserted his authority toward the commandant and his mother already (and the scene was totally daebak!), and I cannot wait for him to do more for good cause. In other words, I want to see his maturity grow before our eyes. That would be awesome!

2. How Hwarangs were made. I am looking forward to Master Wihwa's unconventional way  of training the boys. He himself is an interesting character, unpredictable, very smart, and surprisingly wise in a unique kind of way. I don't think he hates SW eventhough he is the queen's hwarang. He was way too smart to ignore someone with SW capability. SW is a true challenge for him coz he knows this one is not ordinary guy.

3. How the boys become THE hwarang. How they learn to trust each other, depend on one another, and being true to each other. In shortarrow-10x10.png: bring on the bromance!

4. How SW become the legendary hwarang. How he gains trust and respect from the other hwarang. How he develop himself. And how Jinheung made him his right hand man. Oh boy... I really wish to witness that *fanning myself

5. How the princess develop into a likable character, at worst, or a suitable comrade to Jinheung, at best. Yes, I want the king to fall for the princess because he deserves a loveline, otherwise we are wasting such beautiful boy for nothing (oh yes, I am greedy kkkk) If history told us that he ended up with her, I want at least to be happy for him. Aro might be his first love, but she is in love with someone else. Life is unfair sometimes <_< but he'll live...

6. And last but not least: the moment the king reveal himself to his fellow hwarang! I hope it will be depicted in the most elegant and memorable way possible. I want to have a heart-stopping moment for this. I want everyone to gape, and nod in agreement that he IS a true king.

yes I want that too!! :w00t: 

but we have one who won't be really happy when he finds out who Maek Jong is and that is Sun Woo!! :scream: I want to see how this will be solved with my boys remaining best friends!! :confounded:

1 hour ago, bila_a1 said:

some fandom news from tumblr, hwarang came in no.15 in toparrow-10x10.png 20 tv showarrow-10x10.png list beating goblin which was the only other kdrama that made it onto the list. 

do ji han insta got 20k follower after one week, boi is popular. 

if we are all talking about sls, i have to admit i dont get sls, especially if they are mr perfect, which is kinda vanilla for me. although maek jong isnt mr perfect, he is a dynamic character and i love hyungsik, i still dont have sls because i dont feel the chemistry from aro's side despite sun woo x aro not being my otp. tbh i have like 4th or 5th sls lol on ban ryu, i just am really captured by his story and the actors skills. someone on tumblr mentioned how he has 4 stories, one with his fathers which is more depressing and how that affected his mentality and lead to his coldness and harshness, funny rivalry with suho, romantic entanglement with sooyeon and brotherhood story with the hwarang. his trying to overcome his ego and pride, years of conditioning from his fathers,  dealing with his romantic life with his enemies sister and from the opposing side of his family. especially when you consider how evil the step father is. his trying to balance it all and his always conflicted but he has had really good slow burn character development and its still an ongoing process that's laid out out to bare. idk i just really connect to him. 

also i wonder how the rating will be next week, here's hoping for good things. 

wow!! I love both shows and happy for them!! :w00t::heart: 

I think Ban Ryu is the lead of his story even if not of the drama so you still don't have SLS (second lead syndrome)!! :lol: and yes I love him too!! and I love how every one of our boys have his own backstory and straggles to overcome!! we're still get to know more about the others but that will come with time!! :D

yes I hope the rating gets better!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

42 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

yes I want that too!! :w00t: 

but we have one who won't be really happy when he finds out who Maek Jong is and that is Sun Woo!! :scream: I want to see how this will be solved with my boys remaining best friends!! :confounded:

Ah yes, how could I completely forget about this??? :unsure: Eventhough SMJ did stop the commandant to go further, thus save MM's life, his face is the sole cause for Aro's brother to die..... eottoke.... eotokkeeee.....

But then this drama is definitely something to wait for... I, too, want to see how they solve this particular issue... Hope Drama God have mercy upon us all :rolleyes:

Btw, agree with @bila_a1 about how interesting BR's story arc is.... I love this character! He was one hwarang I want to see to develop the most!

Really love their interaction. I mean the bromance. Please release more BTS... :wub:.

I really the enjoy the siblings Su Ho n Su Yeon. So cute.  SH is a caring brother but rough with his sister. Very satisfying indeed SY smack him with the bottle. Such a troublesome bro..lol.. Ban Ryu might fell in love with her seeing the toughness in her. SY also climb the wall to gossip with AR. OMG. Hilarious. 

And the interaction between SMJ with Pa Oh the 22 year old + 20..lol... He stick like a glue! Very loyal n comitted to his responsibility. Hopefully Ahjushi will find his other half soon enuff n settle down after SMJ was announce as the King. The Hwarang can take care of SMJ.

And how did SMJ sleep on the middle spot? I tot that spot belongs to YW...  Ban ryu and SH sleeping in the same double decker bed..heh. Heh.. I wonder y they r not choose the arrangement otherwise? The future in-law, perharps? ..lol.. Again

And what is the cause of fainting spell with SW? I noticed usually happened in Midday while the weather is hot. He looks uncomfortable arching while on horse riding. 

50 minutes ago, an-naum said:

And the interaction between SMJ with Pa Oh the 22 year old + 20..lol... He stick like a glue! Very loyal n comitted to his responsibility. Hopefully Ahjushi will find his other half soon enuff n settle down after SMJ was announce as the King. The Hwarang can take care of SMJ.

And SMJ looks like he's going to get a neck pain/stroke from hearing Pa Oh saying he's 22. Aigoooo..

hwarang seems to be quite popular enough for people to also be really interested in the webtoon for the drama. im glad the drama is getting so much love. 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/19/hwarang-popularity-fires-up-interest-in-webtoon/?utm_source=tumblr&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

also i saw the photobook and be warned people spoilers abound, but looks like  the second half is really cranking it up with everything. i love all my hwarang boys and cant wait to see how they become warriors, the kings reveal, sun woo's reveal, for han sung and his bros story and for ban ryu and sooyeon to kiss B)

4 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

And I'm not really interested in loveline between SMJ vs A Ro (becoz i'm looking forward Hyungsik with Park Boyoung lol :wub:). I love their chemistry and SMJ's mischievous & attention for A Ro & but i find it ridiculous when she seems apathetic to almost everything he does for her. *okay, the writer want that lmao =)))*

Oh my gosh, yesss!!! The teasers for PHS's new drama with Park Boyoung, it just looks great. I'm super excited for them to come out together and it's Parl hyung sik's first lead role!!!! -Cries in joy an says Park Hyung Sik, you finally did it after coming this far with your acting :bawling:-

3 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

what is it with go ara and second leads?  this is already her 2nd drama where i'm rooting for the 2nd lead instead of the lead.  she has better chemistry with hyunsik in my opinion, and for some weird reason, i find seojoon and the princess have better chemistry as well.

Welcome to the thread!! And does she really have a thing with second leads? When she acted with Lee Seung Gi, I shipped her with him in that drama... But I definitely do ship her with Park Hyung Sik in this drama.

@Amanda_HS Those fan arts are beautiful!!

Also I swear these photos from the photobook, they will be the death of me. I am so tempted to buy the photobook... anyone else thinking about buying it?

20 minutes ago, ferily said:

... but i find it ridiculous when she seems apathetic to almost everything he does for her. *okay, the writer want that lmao =)))*

I have to agree with you.  Most people, although their heart might not be moved to love a person are still appreciative of the things they do for them especially if they've saved their lives a few times.  I am really starting to dislike AR's character.  When I was young, I had male friends that I was fond of, because I could count on them and they were very good to me.  I was not in love with them, but I like them very much. A few of those friendships remain until today.  I cannot understand why the writer wrote AR's character the way she did.  Her character has no cuteness about her ( I am not talking about looks).  I understand she has had a hard life without her mother and brother; however, the writer could have softened her edges a bit.  It is great to be in love, but it is not great to be insensitive to those who look out for you.  People have talked about the king's supposed arrogance; however, the same people have overlook AR's insensitivity.  

8 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Love these fanarts. Drawn by Hyungsik's fan 

cr King 

Hide contents

SO PRETTY!! thank you for sharing!! :wub: 

7 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

welcome to Hwarang thread chingu and happy you joined us here!! :D

6 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Awww, some spoil from the Hwarang photobook :D Can't wait to my copy :tongue:

Sam Maek Jong's really really ... really a fabulous & gorgeous King :wub: I love PHS's eye acting so much :bawling: I want to see the day you take your throne back :blush:

Hide contents

can't wait for the day he'll take his rightful place as a King!! :w00t::wub: 

6 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Ah yes, how could I completely forget about this??? :unsure: Eventhough SMJ did stop the commandant to go further, thus save MM's life, his face is the sole cause for Aro's brother to die..... eottoke.... eotokkeeee.....

But then this drama is definitely something to wait for... I, too, want to see how they solve this particular issue... Hope Drama God have mercy upon us all :rolleyes:

Btw, agree with @bila_a1 about how interesting BR's story arc is.... I love this character! He was one hwarang I want to see to develop the most!

things will get bad before getting better for sure!! :confounded: but he wasn't the one who ordered the killing so I hope they won't hold it against him for long!! 

yes I love Ban Ryu too!! :wub: 

6 hours ago, an-naum said:

Really love their interaction. I mean the bromance. Please release more BTS... :wub:.

I really the enjoy the siblings Su Ho n Su Yeon. So cute.  SH is a caring brother but rough with his sister. Very satisfying indeed SY smack him with the bottle. Such a troublesome bro..lol.. Ban Ryu might fell in love with her seeing the toughness in her. SY also climb the wall to gossip with AR. OMG. Hilarious. 

And how did SMJ sleep on the middle spot? I tot that spot belongs to YW...  Ban ryu and SH sleeping in the same double decker bed..heh. Heh.. I wonder y they r not choose the arrangement otherwise? The future in-law, perharps? ..lol.. Again

And what is the cause of fainting spell with SW? I noticed usually happened in Midday while the weather is hot. He looks uncomfortable arching while on horse riding. 

seeing how nice and cute she is only to turn into taugh and "not mess with my man" kind of a girl whenever Soo Ho messes up is hillarious!! :lol: love her!! :wub: 

do you have a condidate?!! I didn't see any woman by his age anywhere around!! :D 

as I remember Yeo Wool was on the above bed that he still use now when he told Soo Ho and Ban Ryu about their "1st night" on their room!! :lol: and Soo Ho and Ban Ryu can't handle being seperated no matter how much they bicker that's why they are on the same double decker!! :lol: no, but I think all other spots were taken already as they chose their "spot" when they fainted asleep together so that double decker became their bed place!! :D 

he fainted twice at night time, the 1st the night Mak Moon died :tears: the 2nd the night he got released from the prison on the Queen's order for him to wait for her orders!! but yes I WANT/NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS IT!! :crazy:

5 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

hwarang seems to be quite popular enough for people to also be really interested in the webtoon for the drama. im glad the drama is getting so much love. 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/19/hwarang-popularity-fires-up-interest-in-webtoon/?utm_source=tumblr&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

also i saw the photobook and be warned people spoilers abound, but looks like  the second half is really cranking it up with everything. i love all my hwarang boys and cant wait to see how they become warriors, the kings reveal, sun woo's reveal, for han sung and his bros story and for ban ryu and sooyeon to kiss B)

thank you so much for sharing the article chingu!! :wub: I'm so happy that our drama and webtoon gaining more interest from fan's and I hope it keeps on increasing more and more!! I'm following both the drama and webtoon from day one and I'm enjoying them immensely!! :heart: 

oh yes!! I always welcome spoilers chingu!! hihihi I'm like you chingu, can you imagine Soo Ho witnessing their kiss?!! :lol: 

4 hours ago, ferily said:

Also I swear these photos from the photobook, they will be the death of me. I am so tempted to buy the photobook... anyone else thinking about buying it?

I would love too but I don't know how to get them and I can't buy them!! :( 

cr: owner

so cute!! love it!! :wub: 

cr:  owner

cr: owner

awwww so nice of him!! love him!! :heart: 

@ferily

thanks for the welcome! :) she definitely has this thing with the 2nd leads (at least for me).  she and yoo yoon seok were really cute in reply 1994, i ended up shipping them really hard and it took me a while before i got over that ship sinking. never got to finish that drama by the way, my poor heart just couldn't take chilbong's heartbreak. i'm getting the same vibe in hwarang with her and hyunsik.

@sakura2016

thanks for the welcome! :)

9 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Awww, some spoil from the Hwarang photobook :D Can't wait to my copy :tongue:

Sam Maek Jong's really really ... really a fabulous & gorgeous King :wub: I love PHS's eye acting so much :bawling: I want to see the day you take your throne back :blush:

Hide contents

Ahhh love the spoiler, where can I see these photograph? 

I want to see Park Seo Joon part also because I love both of them and ship the bromance more than the romance lol

Archived