[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys! I finally caught up with the latest episodes! hehe! that kiss was everything! I like it so much!

And also idk about my theory about MM being a gaya prince still right or not, I thought it was going that way since wooreuk the musician being a gaya person, I thought so until that Hwikyung guy shows up, so MM might be a throne contender than being a gaya prince, he might be a shilla born after all, since that guy was also a king contender, but cannot become a king due to suffering polio... hmmm... :blink:

37 minutes ago, fluffychim1013 said:

How did everyone like this week's episodes? 9 was slow for me, but 10 was pretty good!

sometimes we need sllower episodes to build the bacjground for the upcoming episodes and I loved both episodes, sure thing episode 10 more as we got many things, especially OTP kiss :blush:, that episode 9 was building for!! :D 

22 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

I haven't seen episode 10 fully but this came across my insta feed! HER CONFESSION WAS SOOOOOO CUUUUUUUTE NO WONDER Sun Woo couldn't help but kiss her! AHHHH I love how honest she was about her feelings and the way she has been treating him!! OK I'm totally on the WooAro ship lllol

oh yes! she did the talking he did the act!! :tongue::love: 

20 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

the preview!

u sly girl Aro lol

i love all of them <3

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally agree!! :tongue: 

8 minutes ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Morning guys! I finally caught up with the latest episodes! hehe! that kiss was everything! I like it so much!

And also idk about my theory about MM being a gaya prince still right or not, I thought it was going that way since wooreuk the musician being a gaya person, I thought so until that Hwikyung guy shows up, so MM might be a throne contender than being a gaya prince, he might be a shilla born after all, since that guy was also a king contender, but cannot become a king due to suffering polio... hmmm... :blink:

Good Morning chingu!! 

me too!! :love: 

most likely Moo Myung is a Silla royalty and the son of the disqualified King we met this episode but was hidden to not get killed in the fight over the throne!! 

2 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

most likely Moo Myung is a Silla royalty and the son of the disqualified King we met this episode but was hidden to not get killed in the fight over the throne!! 

This is only my second sageuk drama, the first being MLSHR, and I find it so interesting to have 2 hidden prince s! Awesome plotline - I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for these 2 and how they'll sort out the throne issue. Most likely have MM give it up to SMJ - this way there won't be any issues with MM living happily ever after with his AR

17 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

This is only my second sageuk drama, the first being MLSHR, and I find it so interesting to have 2 hidden prince s! Awesome plotline - I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for these 2 and how they'll sort out the throne issue. Most likely have MM give it up to SMJ - this way there won't be any issues with MM living happily ever after with his AR

most of the sageuk dramas I watched are Lee Joon Ki's :D:wub: and I try to stay away from sageuk dramas that are based on real figures as they tend to have a devastating ending but that's not working that well for me lately though one had a happy ending and this one will have one (it has to have a happy ending!!)!! 

well Moo Myung won't even ask for it as it's not the place and life he wish to have!! he's free spirited, honest and hot blooded that being a King and politician doesn't go with him!! :wink: 

I ADORE this scene!! :lol:

cr:  honeystar90

this was HILLARIOUS!! :lol: the way Sun Woo saying: "You have a way to talk humbly but like a jerk." :lol: and how he screamed that it's not a compliment when Han Sun's hyung said he'll take it as a compliment!! :lol: we have a new bromance in here!! :lol::wub: 

off to sleep now!! see you soon, hopefully, chingudeul!! :wub: 

Gaaaahhh, can I just say that I absolutely LOVED episode 10???? Omg, does anyone else feel so conflicted right now? Like holy, those Sam Maek Jong and Aro moments were so adorable, especially with Aro finding out SMJ is the King and her acting like that? :lol: I swear they just have such amazing chemistry together, it's just so adorable. But then, that kiss scene at the end though, OMG... ARO TOTALLY CONFESSED HER FEELINGS TO HIM. We all just know that he was listening to everything she said AND THEN HE JUST SWOOPS IN FOR THAT KISS. That kiss. THAT KISS. Just perfect...Just so perfect.... My feelings are so conflicted now, like I ship SMJ and AR but at the same time, MM and AR are just dkjfghskjhdg as well.... But now that the ship has pretty much sailed between Aro and Moo Myung (RIP my Sam Maek Jong x Aro ship for the 10000 time), we all just know there's going to be conflict between Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong. In the preview, them two smiling together and SMJ saying he likes him, OMG :scream: I love their bromance so much as well...

But dang when Sam Maek Jong just came in and saved Aro, yes JUST YES!!!!!!!! That whole scene was just sooo golden and perfect. After when they were walking back as well and Aro realizes all the things she said to him, too adorable! I love how the first person to know SMJ is King is Aro!! It's just so amazing :love: I hope we get to see more moments with them together, especially since the secret is out~

Gah, the Hwarang dance was perfect as well and thought they did a good job :D And, I knew it, I KNEW IT! I knew Ban Ryu wouldn't be the one who destroyed the drums. I was scared that maybe just maybe he did it but honestly he doesn't seem like the type of guy to do something like that and ruin the performance. Also I love how Soo Ho knew that he didn't do it as well... Han Sung and Yeo Wool were right about them not really being enemies but maybe friends? :wub: And of course those Soo Yeon x Ban Ryu moments were adorable as well. I ship them so hard... But dang, Soo Yeon doing the unexpected and hitting her brother again in the head :joy: Too funny and did not expect that at all.

I'm glad that Moo Myung took Aro to her real brother's grave and I teared up a bit when we got the flashbacks of Mak Moon and Aro crying in front of her real brother... Also I already said this but Sam Maek Jong's bodyguard becoming his Nangdo... Omg, just too hilarious :joy: Looks like we'll get their moments in the preview. I'm already laughing because it's just going to be too funny... But oh man, the princess is going to try to kill Aro.. I hope that she shoots the arrow and then Sam Maek Jong comes in and takes the hit for her....hehehe and then the Queen would feel terrible for doing something like that.. I've watched too many Korean dramas that I have these crazy thoughts haha. I'm super excited for the future episodes now :D

4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

one more bromance to root for!! :wink::wub: he thought Sun Woo will feel hurt that he chose him because he feels he won't need to serve him like the other highly ranked officials son's but he got the opposite reaction!! you still don't know our Sun Woo, hyung!!:D I laughed out loud when Sun Woo called him out on talking politely but being a jerk in disguise and was yelling that it's not a compliment when Han Sung's hyung told him he'll take it as a compliment!! that was AWESOME!! :lol: he even told him that he's thinking orf suitching and to practice that maybe in 10 years he'll hitt the target!! :lol: love these two already together!! :lol: :thumbsup:

This is why I love Moo Myung. He doesn't care about the rank or order and thinks of everybody the same. He doesn't need or want Han Sung's brother to serve him~

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm sure by now you knew that the Queen won't leave Ah Ro and will keep on trying to get rid of her but I'm sure that she'll keep on failing!! :naughty: and based on history Maek Jong did marry the Pricess!! 

Ah yes, and even in the preview she orders the Princess to kill her when nobody is looking. Just leave her alone :( Let my ships sail peacefully Queen and don't ruin it....!!! And oh so that means Sam Maek Jong will end up marrying her anyways :bawling: RIP my ship again

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

again I'm sure you got your answer by now though I was sure it wasn't him from the start!! and what do you think of Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon's paring after finishing episode 10?!! they are super cute!! :wub: and Soo Yeon is Awesome!! :lol: :thumbsup:

They are sooooo adorable. I love their scenes together. When Ban Ryu was in such an angry mood when he left the room but as soon as he saw her, he lightened up.. :wub: I can't wait for more Ban Ryu x Soo Yeon moments~ And when Soo Yeon told AR that if her brother does anything to Ban Ryu, she'll jump over the wall and kill him, haha just golden.

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm thinking the same thing!! and Moo Myung and Maek jong can be actually cousins!! :o 

I feel like they're related in some kind of way....

I just realized, all my replies are to your comments @sakura2016  :lol:

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

1- the evil minister did find out that Sam Maek Jong is in Hwarang but still doesn't know who is it exactly so would he doubt "Ji Dwi" or "Sun Woo" to be the King since he knows all the other Hwarang boys since their birth day except for Moo Myung and "Ji Dwi" and both of them lived out of the Capital and showed up the same time the King entered the Capital again!! and what will he do to out him?!! OH MYYYYYYYYYY!! :scream: 

2- ok this is me being terrified but why do I feel like that Ah Ro didn't join Sun Woo in his bed only because he fainted again!! that wouldn't need much medical care as we saw before so what it now?!! :scream: 

3- did Maek Jong see Sun Woo kissing Ah Ro?!! :dizzy: no that can't be if so he wouldn't be all smiles with him!! which leads to

4- my boys smiled and to each other and Maek Jong admitted that he likes Sun Woo :w00t::wub: though he said that he likes Ah Ro more which is a problem but we know that already so lets focus on the bright side for now!! :D 

5- I'm loving the Princess but using death competitions to improve the Hwarang's martial arts skills isn't on my and won't be on Sun Woo's good side!! and I can't wait to see how this will be dealt with!! :D 

6- for now I believe the Princess won't really try to kill Ah Ro but if she really does and get stoped by one of our boys I'll be really dissapointed on her and she'll be nothing different from her mother which I saw that she isn't so I hope she won't dissapoint me!! 

1 - Yeah seems like that evil minister is going to cause problems for our Hwarang once he finds out who the King is among Hwarang....

2 - I agree, in the preview it seems like he is sick or something :scream:

3 - I don't think he saw Moo Myung and Aro kissing....

4 - Omg, my heart melted when Sam Maek Jong said that. He admitted that he likes Moo Myung....!! The ship has sailed, I repeat the ship has sailed...

6 - Yeah I think she'll either stop shooting the arrow or either SMJ or Moo Myung will come in and save her... (Low key hoping it's Sam Maek Jong)

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Hi guys, I'm new in this thread.. just got totally enjoy this drama to my surprise!!! And for the first time of my kdrama watching experience, second lead syndrome!

I watch Hwarang because I watched PSJ dramas since Witch's romance. I think he becomes better everytime. In Hwarang, he really got more mature. But he looks better in modern drama than in sageuk style :)  so then in Hwarang, I like the style of Park Hyung Sik more. I think he suits sageuk style. Especially as a King in disguise, falling in love in a one sided love, totally cute. 

Seems that MM and AR will be together in the end. Too bad for my SLS :wink: 

Can't wait to watch Ep 10 with subs then :D 

Hi! Welcome to the thread!!! Park Seo Joon is doing a great job in this drama and his looks are just too beautiful... And Park Hyung Sik. Don't even get me started with him. He is just too beautiful and handsome and hot..... His one sided love. Major Second Lead Syndrome right here... Everyone on this thread knows my love towards Park Hyung Sik.

1 hour ago, q4q4 said:

I haven't seen episode 10 fully but this came across my insta feed! HER CONFESSION WAS SOOOOOO CUUUUUUUTE NO WONDER Sun Woo couldn't help but kiss her! AHHHH I love how honest she was about her feelings and the way she has been treating him!! OK I'm totally on the WooAro ship lllol

Her confession was just too adorable and when he swoops in and kisses her, OMG.

18 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Wow.. dramabean is bombarded with comments that say ji dwi should take the hint and give up. Thinking back, if all men give up that easily, i wouldnt have marry my husband.

Yeah, this is why I don't read the Dramabeans comments anymore for this drama... :persevere: Too many negative comments

i really dont get it with these people.

if u dont like the drama then dont watch.

whats so hard about it?

theres no single drama that is perfect. must has a flaw here and there.

the princess should shoot these people with her arrow instead of Aro lol

And so their love begins.

32258944981_e855f8fbbb_b.jpg

32258943191_7ed4a70022_b.jpg

32258947041_4c1231aaea_b.jpg

I cannot say forbidden because MM and AR are not really related although to the people around them they are siblings so the danger and thrill are there. 

I really like BR. He is the handsomest hwarang for me so it's disappointing that he doesn't have much screen time but it's alright since he is just a supporting role. To be honest i like AR with MJ but i also like her with MM. That statement is from the bottom of my fickle heart.:blush:

Anyway, the plot is getting better and i can't wait to see how things will unravel from here.

Even the music, they're getting better. I really like The Divine Move. Both the male and female version are good and again, i blame my fickle heart for not being able to decide. I'll let you take your pick so i am posting both versions.:sweat_smile:

20 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's why I learned not to try to go against my heart!! :lol: 

good thing she's the main lead though!! she would be dead by now if not for that!! :blink: 

I'm enjoying the Princess presence so far!! she's interesting and her interaction with Sun Woo was memoriable for sure!! as for love lignes I believe that Sun Woo and Ah Ro already found each other but they still need to name their feelings and find a way to worke it out since outing that he's not really her brother will lead to the death of them all and the only way to save them is him being a royalty!! and they are killing me not telling me who he really is and only repeating that it's his fate!! WHAT FATE?!! WHO IS HE FOR REAL?!! :crazy:

MM identity is yet to be seen. MJ identity is known but it's being keep in secrecy. They're giving me a headache just by thinking about their identity.:joy:

5 hours ago, q4q4 said:

I might sound cruel for saying this but i want MM to give up AR and his claim to the throne if ever. Because i really think that he and the princess are best suited with each other. But i am game to however they will go with the love triangle. They're all eye candy so it doesn't really hurt.:blush:

Ahhh so happy to see the dance and super relieved that Ban Ryu didn't sabotage the show! I had a feeling he wouldn't do it. :sweatingbullets: They all looked dashing in those suits hehe :wub:

Now since Ah Ro knows that SMJ is the king, she regrets all the things she's said to him. It's so cuteeeeeeee

So it seems that Moo Myung and SMJ may be related after all...this is getting interesting. 

Also, I love Soo Ho's sister! She's so funny :lol: I feel sorry for Soo Ho getting hit all the time. 

Han Sung calling Moo Myung the coolest Hwarang warrior is adorable! He can't stop admiring him :heart:

THAT KISS! OH MY GOSHHHHHHH. He can't help but kiss her in the middle of her confession...my heart...that kiss was perfect...just perfect...AHHHHH :heart: I used to ship SMJ with Ah Ro a lot before...but now...ottoke!?!?!? Don't know who to ship more now! :lol:

Can't wait for the next episode! I hope we get to see more of the princess! She's already got my interest 100%!!!

OMG!!!! Episode 10  gave me chills!! Especially the scene the King went to save Ah Ro. When his mother called him Sam Maek Jong, and he replied “I am not Sam Maek Jong, I am King Jinhueng (Sp?) I am the King of the nation!!! :oI think even the Queen was a little scared. I kept hitting the back button to replay the scene over, and over again! :blush::heart:

In my opinion I believe that MM and the King are cousins. I sorry to all the fans of the actress that plays Ah Ro, but I find her acting to be awkward, but i did feel her pain whenever she cried at her brothers grave. :cold_sweat:but I will continue to watch because we are finally getting hints on MM identity. The boys are finally bonding and starting to get along. Even Ban Ryu is slowing letting his guard down, and learning about trust and learn about loyalty. It broke my heart in the scene where he told his biological father that he has no father, “One father won’t accept me yet, and the other tells me to forget he is my father.” I do believe being in Hwarang will give him courage to stand up to his step father, and maybe that will help give his father some courage too. I am fighting for Ban Ryu and So Hoo’s sister….they are cute together, she certainly  is good for Ban Ryu.

And I guess we can all forget about MM living as Sun Woo and a big brother to Ah Ro, because I do believe that Sun Woo would not kiss his sister like that. :o This of course is  just my opinion and theory. I cannot wait till the next episode.

I really like ep 10 compare to ep 9

hope next week they will have a very high ratings since RDK is finish this week and after watching the dance for the 10th time, I found some of the movement in the dance use shinee sherlock dance movement

Min Ho might be helping the choreography :D

53 minutes ago, mmrod_04 said:

OMG!!!! Episode 10  gave me chills!! Especially the scene the King went to save Ah Ro. When his mother called him Sam Maek Jong, and he replied “I am not Sam Maek Jong, I am King Jinhueng (Sp?) I am the King of the nation!!! :oI think even the Queen was a little scared. I kept hitting the back button to replay the scene over, and over again! :blush::heart:

In my opinion I believe that MM and the King are cousins. I sorry to all the fans of the actress that plays Ah Ro, but I find her acting to be awkward, but i did feel her pain whenever she cried at her brothers grave. :cold_sweat:but I will continue to watch because we are finally getting hints on MM identity. The boys are finally bonding and starting to get along. Even Ban Ryu is slowing letting his guard down, and learning about trust and learn about loyalty. It broke my heart in the scene where he told his biological father that he has no father, “One father won’t accept me yet, and the other tells me to forget he is my father.” I do believe being in Hwarang will give him courage to stand up to his step father, and maybe that will help give his father some courage too. I am fighting for Ban Ryu and So Hoo’s sister….they are cute together, she certainly  is good for Ban Ryu.

And I guess we can all forget about MM living as Sun Woo and a big brother to Ah Ro, because I do believe that Sun Woo would not kiss his sister like that. :o This of course is  just my opinion and theory. I cannot wait till the next episode.

Go Ara.

Yes, a bit awkward. She need to learn how to cry lol

I'm laughing like crazy with this sentence '22 years old'

Ahjusshi, you are not that young! :lol:

Guest aoikarin

OMG.. i can't stop spazzing over the kiss in ep. 10. It's so cute and beautiful. I love how gentle Fake SW Oraboni kisses Aro.. obviously, no sign of forcing here, since Aro gave her lips in CPR before. Hahahaha.

I also love MM's confession that he has to stay as fake oraboni, the only way he can remain by Aro Side Plus, he told Aro straight in her eyes, "Protecting you is the sole reason I still alive" *faints* How can I not falling in love with MM character.. I don't care he's a slave or royalty.. but he's action, his words really drives me crazy.

I love the writer as well.. writernim give equal chance for our contender to have skinships with Aro. Kissing Aro.. SMJ scored 10-5 (because it's forced one, and Aro didn't like it), MM score 10-???? I really want to see Aro's reaction.. but I think She'll love it. hahahha, Sleep together; SMJ score5. They did spend night together, but no physical contact. MM will score 10 i think, he'll receive hugs from Aro too.. LOL

I feel bad for SMJ's character.. he's the King but can't get what he wants. He wants Aro as his person, give 100% effort to pursuit her, save her from death peril for many times.. but he's too late.. MM wins Aro since they met in the market. Aro's heart and mind full of MM.. how hard SMJ try to get Aro, that won't be fruitful.. coz Aro only sees MM. The history said SMJ married his half sister, that's a real tragedy. Park Hyung Sik did a good job. He makes me understand the feeling of SMJ's character, and found he's very cute.

My favorite actor after PSJ and Ara in Hwarang is DO JI HAN! Ban Ryu... why you are so cute and beautiful..Do Ji Han really expressive with his eyes and facial expression.. Saw Ban Ryu's expression from anger to soft when he sees sohyun. The lipsbites noted by Soho.. hahahhaa.. They are quite details.. I love it!

Back to MM, who is he? son of king candidate? SMJ's cousins who is eligible for the throne? whoever he is, i hope his royalty gene will give him a way to live as a free person not as a slave or as Aro's brother. At this moment, he can live free because he's wearing AJG's son identity.. hopefully his real royal blood will free him from his slave status and let him marry Aro. I don't hope he'll challenge SMJ for the throne.. it won't fit him.. the  free spirited Dogbird.

This week two episodes were soo good. Now we official have our love triangle or maybe a square one if the princess joins in, too. I totally love the dancing performance, love the red outfit. 

Episode highlight to me was Sam Maek Jong telling his mother that he is the King of their country! :D

@Random_Fangurl yes, I really like the OST that Yang Yoseob sang, too. so far, it's my most favorite one, too. :heart:

Archived