[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

20 hours ago, MyMindIsASnowflake said:

Hi!~ Welcome to the forum :D It's from episode 12, in that scene where YH is like, marry me So! and he's all like... no.:lol::lol:

Hi Thanks for the warm welcome! and for letting me know :)

• Like 13

Just a quick runaway from my studies for a moment :P thank you guys for all your awesome posts, I'm still in the back reading process , and unfortunately I can't keep up, the thread is almost a thousand pages already !!! I'll do my best though. 

So, I didn't watch ep 12 and 13 properly yet, just a few scenes here and there but I read the recaps, so this is not based on profound observation or something but it's just something I thought about after watching scenes specifically from ep 12 repeatedly as in the quick goodbye kiss, the hug and the proposal. I said before that I think HS already has feelings for WS only she didn't realize it, let me take that back and say that she does realize she has feelings for him, only she wants to convince herself that despite everything that hapenned she still loves WW. The way I see it, she kept wanting WS to fail her and do as she asked ( to forget her, to move on,to not save her or care for her anymore) the way WW did to her ( somehow) but WS kept coming back for her, every time, the way she looked when he was hugging her almost looked like she was pleading for him to stop making her think about him, to stop shaking her heart and yet WS dissapointed her, not by forgetting her, but by making her feelings for him grow stronger. And at the time, she was not ready to accept that, still hung up on WW and all of that, but next week, she'll come to terms with her feelings and she'll accept them as they are, she does love WS. I just can't wait for that :D 

• Like 22

13 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

[Drama Review] 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' - Episode 13

By eric_r_wirsing

This particular episode was incredibly well-crafted. If I pitched a fit about the last one, this installment more than made up for it. Everything was stylistically perfect: the weapons, the armor, everything. Not only that, but the intrigue surrounding the King's death was extremely tense and gave more purpose  to Hae Soo, making her much less a character that things happen to and more a prime mover. That's a very good thing; this modern woman has been pretty passive so far.

Lee Jun Ki really reached deep inside himself and pulled out a multi-layered performance. In particular, his facial expressions were just golden, as he shifted from arrogance when he had Prince Yo on the rocks to shock when Yo fought him and Soinstinctively killed him and to grief when recounting the events to Hae Soo. This lends a lot more dimension to our 4th Prince. I still don't see him with Hae Soo, though, unless something drastically changes. Yeah, I know what the promo material said. 

--------------skipped------------

And this show has left me with a few questions. What happened to Queen Yoo's hair? It's gone completely white! Was her lustrous black hair a wig or...? And does the King know about Hae Soo's time-traveling? Because he mentioned that she was like the court astrologer -- Choi, her fellow time traveler -- but qualified it by saying that's because she could see the future.  But this episode, as he lay dying, he told her: "The fate of Goryeo Empire rests on your shoulders. This is probably the reason you are here."  That makes it sound like he does know. But whatever he knew died with him.

As I said, they did an excellent job this time around. IU was raving about the 12th episode, but I'm a particular fan of this one. They put all the ingredients for a successful show into the pot and added just the right amount of spice. More episodes like this one and I'll be a happy camper.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/drama-review-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-13

I think when King Taejo said that line to Hae Soo that the fate of Goryeo rests on her shoulder and it's the reason she's here is because if she was to tell Wook the King's condition, Wook or Yo may become the 2nd ruler instead. Yeon Hwa may not become queen and the other brothers will die. So Hae Soo's decision to be loyal to the King or obey his command keeps history as it is instead of changing it (like have Yo or Wook as the second ruler).

@yuhotarubi It took me several hours to catch up to the latest page and to try to backread pages that I did not read (I didn't participate in the forum until a couple days ago). This drama is mad lol.

@40somethingahjumma I love your insight!!!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

''I missed you''   ''As always.. you are beautiful'' love-kiss-red-crab-emoticon.gif

@freckledbelle

You mean this backhug? I too am obsessed by it. well-done-red-crab-emoticon.gif And the OST is sublime. 

Yes, love, THAT backhug. I can't get over it yet.

And the behind the scene when they're practising, oh it's just sweet and i-hope-they'll-release-more-like-that. :)

XX

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The love triangle, I imagine will get full blown treatment soon and most likely be pumped full of steroids knowing what our leads are like.

Two guys slugging it out for one woman can get tiresome fast but I'm really looking forward to scenes similar to what we saw at the end of Ep. 12 where So is more than a match for Uk's intellect and gives him a good dressing down about keeping up the pretence of caring for Su. Although apparently he doesn't know the full extent of that relationship, it doesn't make what he says untrue. Uk does come across as being two-faced in his admonishments. Yes, he can blame it on his lack of power till the cows come home... the reality is he didn't even try. But we've said that repeatedly and truth be told, I've never found Su and Uk all that compelling. Those two "lovebirds" needed a serious reality check and now they're getting it in spades.

I suppose what I want to do here is defend my position on So and Su as an overlapping romance not as an alternate one. Fundamentally I don't agree that the Su-So romance hasn't started and yes, I'm arguing that it's possible to love two people at the same time even if they're not the same kind of love to begin with. For me the progression is everything.

Why do we privilege the Uk-Su relationship as the romantic one but not Su-So as it stands? Why can't an epic romance be built on a friendship, honesty and a meeting of minds? Why can't it be slow? Why can't it evolve over time and deep suffering? I've always considered the Su-So romance storyline far superior to the Uk-Su one precisely because the former is built on strong foundations not on fluff and sweet nothings. The writing is so deliberate on this and still there's so much surprising negativity regarding the slowness in the progression of Su and So towards consummation. Consummation is obviously the endgame but there needs to be a journey of becoming also. 

I've been thinking about the premonitions in relation to all of this. One thing I didn't expect was the fact that Uk turned Darth Vader on us rather than So. I think it's an interesting switch there and probably one that played with our expectations and Su's. I imagine that one of the reasons why Su has been holding back from So is that she thinks that he will turn into Darth Vader because it is his "destiny" to be Gwangjong. She is clearly drawn to him despite knowing all of that. The irony is that her expectations of both men have not followed the kind of trajectory that she thought they would. The sweet, gentlemanly Uk is turning into the cold, calculating tyrant that she thought So would be. Whereas the wild, savage So has become the sweet, if clumsy big-hearted lover who is gradually becoming the noble figure that she thought that Uk was. 

With all due respect to Korean audiences and others who have expressed frustration with the show, I am enjoying this drama precisely because it demolishes all the usual expectations.

For example, I don't know why we're still throwing around labels like "first male lead" or "second male lead" for this show. So isn't the first male lead in the same way that Uk isn't the second male lead. They are both equal male leads with their own journey that intersect with the female lead. They both love her in different ways which has important ramifications on the way she perceives the world of Goryeo. In turn she loves them both in different ways and in different stages. With that in mind, Su's impact on both men are powerful and life-changing. She awakens hidden aspects in their personalities and bring them to light. Because of So's personal journey, her impact on him is positive to the point where it elevates him to become a better man (and hopefully a better king) whereas her impact on Uk is much less positive because of his personality and his latent tendencies. I realize that it is within our nature to pigeonhole characters and that we've become accustomed to timelines and predictable trajectories... we've been trained through years of watching K dramas to expect certain things to happen by Ep. 8 or Ep. 10. This show, however, doesn't seem to follow any of those trajectories in any of the usual ways. I can see why it's frustrating for some but for me, it's all part of the charm. The unpredictability is what makes the show quite unique. And addictive. No one disputes that the editing and the approach to the story could have been better (considering the limitations imposed on it) but as far as the storytelling is concerned, it's still compelling television.

If i could kiss this post and engrave it. I'll sit with you in the minority chair.   

• Like 24

6 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Hide contents

@enigmatic_zephy

hypocritical? how so? I'm not sure whether you were responding to me or not in your previous post as you did mention varied tastes. I have nothing but the greatest of respect to other individuals, doesn't mean I can't question their thinking. To each their own I say. 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oel48qtOFO1ryq8lbo1_540.jpg

Cr: annergy

Not sure if it were you.. but i just remember the context.. and essentially I interpreted it as a vain comment that suggests that just because one is watching content from other countries, their 'varied' taste makes them more capable of assessing quality and comparing drama.. which is not the case..

Maybe I got it wrong.. but i thought it was vain

• Like 3

wait a sec...

if WS and HS start spending time together and HS acknowledge her feeling toward WS in a 2 years WM reign its mean it all happen in front of WW??? because its seem WW start manipulating WM to make him a king so he will play a part in palace... i can't wait to see WW face seeing HS treated WS better and better and lastly acknowledge the feeling... 

i use acknowledge term because she already have feeling toward WS its just with her so call love toward WW she denied that.. once it over and she see how sincere WS is she will give up and accepted that she always have feeling for him.. HS can just stay away from WS because she might afraid about WS being KG but because she the type that will love no matter what that vision of him as KG will not effect her in any way.. 

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Not sure if it were you.. but i just remember the context.. and essentially I interpreted it as a vain comment that suggests that just because one is watching content from other countries, their 'varied' taste makes them more capable of assessing quality and comparing drama.. which is not the case..

Maybe I got it wrong.. but i thought it was vain

You mean this comment?

It was by no means meant in a holier than thou way. I'm sorry if it came across like that. Just an off the cuff observation of mine.

@40somethingahjumma

Loved your post. You've said so eloquently what I was trying to grapple into words. Thanks for your insight.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, ruizaio said:

While I understand that there will always be differences in taste because of cultural distances, what I observe more often is surprising amount of consistency in the responses I see across various forums. What I chose to share is not from the haters of this show.

This.  And I am not a hater of the show itself, I am simply a disappointed fan because this show had so much potential if only it hadn't fallen victim to money and marketing shenanigans, weird director fetishes and favoritism and people getting their ego and self-interets in the way of artistic integrity.   I am an LJG fan and have been since his My Girl days.  He has done a great job and is the shining star of this production despite having all the cards stacked against him. I keep saying this show would not be what it is without LJG to pull it through.  I just wonder how much more this show could have been without all of its poor editing, bad acting and other problems. This is not to say that the show cannot have its enjoyment appeal if your expectations are low or you had no expectations to begin with.  It is obviously entertaining billions of fans out there and keeps us moving this forum at lightning speed.  It just could have been so much more.  It is always such a shame to see so much potential go to complete waste.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

@rei_smasher11 Happy Birthday from your Soompi MLSHR family! Hope it is still your birthday on your side of the world or are we too late?

Thank you @MAROSA_JIN:blush:

Had a fun birthday yesterday and was able to watch ep 13! It was a great episode even though there was not much of So-Soo moments. Can't wait for next week episodes! :wub:

• Like 9

15 hours ago, arabela said:

I'm guessing till now pretty anything important was said about the last 2 episodes. 

I cannot contribute with something more, so I will just say my predictions for the ending :) a mixture of guessing and my own fantasies

• my guess is they will stay pretty much close to the novel's ending , like there will be a miscariage, HS will want to leave the palace and her love story with WW will make WS let her go ; in the international version she will die without WS, but in the SBS version - in WS's arms :):) cant stop myself amusing how much they want to make the show more fan service for the korean public :) 
  • there will be a transformation of WS, probably justified by his need to protect HS or maybe the throne, to become/or must become ruthless, that will cause HS to want to leave the palace; I have to say that I like very much the idea of their entanglment around his crimes: their friendship begin in fact with her acceptance for him after he killed those monks and with her understanding for his painand we see at ep 13 ending, they get even more closer around his guilt for stabbing his brother and her understanding it and the confort she can give him; So, maybe this will be her fundamental message for him, that also people around him and history will look at him as being ruthless and tyran, she can understand and forgive him, and even more love him; no wonder he is in a way feeling like nothing counts without her; I have to confess I would much more like the idea of her being able to love him even if he would need to be ruthless and reign in fear, than the idea of making him the man he was not in history; More than she having the power to tranform him or more than he being so HS-centered that he can give up anything for her, I would like to see that she was able to see his soul like noone in history saw it, to know his deep regrets and love him despite his ruthlessness and despite her being unable to stay near him till the end and wanting to leave. 
  • having confirmed Lady Oh saying that people dont really change - HS made WW look for a while like he would change for her, only to become in time even more like himself; same could be with WS, who seems now to be so changed by HS, only probably to see him coming back to his own nature when he will think this will be best for protecting her or the throne (just to mention that his nature is not at all a bad one, cause even without HS we could see him as being able to have regrets, guilt, loving feelings, just that there was noone till HS to really trust him; in fact he really is a good person, just that, like for other characters, times and circumstances dont let him stay this way and bring out what is worst in him)
  •  having the scene with WS standing alone and lonely as a king, just like in HS vision
  • having WS unsecure about HS feelings after he will learn/suspect about her love for WW - oo, how will he remind she was asking him to spear WW life and all those gesture that he now consider to be normal because they were once relatives!!; And I hope that after these two last episodes, there are more people now who could believe that HS did in fact love WW; I find it hard to believe anyother way and more I find hard to understand why WS would become jealouse in the future when he will already have HS heart ..... his jealousy could be cause only be him feeling that once upon a time she also gave her heart to WW ... 
  • they will meet in the future - I am 99,99% sure about this kind of ending ... also I have to say now, unlike earlier posts, that I like more the Cnovel ending ... maybe I understand more why the novel's writer said she cherrished her ending more than the one in Cdrama - in fact is not about an ideal, absolute, love thougher than time and history, but more about the how much great love can be even if it doesnt have the power to change destiny, people, history, even if it is not more powerfull than death, even if it doesnt end happily, even if it breaks your heart ... like real love in real life :) it doesnt have to be perfect to be impressive!!! it doesnt have to be ideal in order to be great!! 

That future one would be amazing 

• Like 10