Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

6 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Hide contents

@enigmatic_zephy

hypocritical? how so? I'm not sure whether you were responding to me or not in your previous post as you did mention varied tastes. I have nothing but the greatest of respect to other individuals, doesn't mean I can't question their thinking. To each their own I say. 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oel48qtOFO1ryq8lbo1_540.jpg

Cr: annergy

Not sure if it were you.. but i just remember the context.. and essentially I interpreted it as a vain comment that suggests that just because one is watching content from other countries, their 'varied' taste makes them more capable of assessing quality and comparing drama.. which is not the case..

Maybe I got it wrong.. but i thought it was vain

• Like 3

wait a sec...

if WS and HS start spending time together and HS acknowledge her feeling toward WS in a 2 years WM reign its mean it all happen in front of WW??? because its seem WW start manipulating WM to make him a king so he will play a part in palace... i can't wait to see WW face seeing HS treated WS better and better and lastly acknowledge the feeling... 

i use acknowledge term because she already have feeling toward WS its just with her so call love toward WW she denied that.. once it over and she see how sincere WS is she will give up and accepted that she always have feeling for him.. HS can just stay away from WS because she might afraid about WS being KG but because she the type that will love no matter what that vision of him as KG will not effect her in any way.. 

• Like 18
14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Not sure if it were you.. but i just remember the context.. and essentially I interpreted it as a vain comment that suggests that just because one is watching content from other countries, their 'varied' taste makes them more capable of assessing quality and comparing drama.. which is not the case..

Maybe I got it wrong.. but i thought it was vain

You mean this comment?

It was by no means meant in a holier than thou way. I'm sorry if it came across like that. Just an off the cuff observation of mine.

@40somethingahjumma

Loved your post. You've said so eloquently what I was trying to grapple into words. Thanks for your insight.

• Like 16
3 hours ago, ruizaio said:

While I understand that there will always be differences in taste because of cultural distances, what I observe more often is surprising amount of consistency in the responses I see across various forums. What I chose to share is not from the haters of this show.

This.  And I am not a hater of the show itself, I am simply a disappointed fan because this show had so much potential if only it hadn't fallen victim to money and marketing shenanigans, weird director fetishes and favoritism and people getting their ego and self-interets in the way of artistic integrity.   I am an LJG fan and have been since his My Girl days.  He has done a great job and is the shining star of this production despite having all the cards stacked against him. I keep saying this show would not be what it is without LJG to pull it through.  I just wonder how much more this show could have been without all of its poor editing, bad acting and other problems. This is not to say that the show cannot have its enjoyment appeal if your expectations are low or you had no expectations to begin with.  It is obviously entertaining billions of fans out there and keeps us moving this forum at lightning speed.  It just could have been so much more.  It is always such a shame to see so much potential go to complete waste.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

@rei_smasher11 Happy Birthday from your Soompi MLSHR family! Hope it is still your birthday on your side of the world or are we too late?

Thank you @MAROSA_JIN:blush:

Had a fun birthday yesterday and was able to watch ep 13! It was a great episode even though there was not much of So-Soo moments. Can't wait for next week episodes! :wub:

• Like 9
15 hours ago, arabela said:

I'm guessing till now pretty anything important was said about the last 2 episodes. 

I cannot contribute with something more, so I will just say my predictions for the ending :) a mixture of guessing and my own fantasies

• my guess is they will stay pretty much close to the novel's ending , like there will be a miscariage, HS will want to leave the palace and her love story with WW will make WS let her go ; in the international version she will die without WS, but in the SBS version - in WS's arms :):) cant stop myself amusing how much they want to make the show more fan service for the korean public :) 
  • there will be a transformation of WS, probably justified by his need to protect HS or maybe the throne, to become/or must become ruthless, that will cause HS to want to leave the palace; I have to say that I like very much the idea of their entanglment around his crimes: their friendship begin in fact with her acceptance for him after he killed those monks and with her understanding for his painand we see at ep 13 ending, they get even more closer around his guilt for stabbing his brother and her understanding it and the confort she can give him; So, maybe this will be her fundamental message for him, that also people around him and history will look at him as being ruthless and tyran, she can understand and forgive him, and even more love him; no wonder he is in a way feeling like nothing counts without her; I have to confess I would much more like the idea of her being able to love him even if he would need to be ruthless and reign in fear, than the idea of making him the man he was not in history; More than she having the power to tranform him or more than he being so HS-centered that he can give up anything for her, I would like to see that she was able to see his soul like noone in history saw it, to know his deep regrets and love him despite his ruthlessness and despite her being unable to stay near him till the end and wanting to leave. 
  • having confirmed Lady Oh saying that people dont really change - HS made WW look for a while like he would change for her, only to become in time even more like himself; same could be with WS, who seems now to be so changed by HS, only probably to see him coming back to his own nature when he will think this will be best for protecting her or the throne (just to mention that his nature is not at all a bad one, cause even without HS we could see him as being able to have regrets, guilt, loving feelings, just that there was noone till HS to really trust him; in fact he really is a good person, just that, like for other characters, times and circumstances dont let him stay this way and bring out what is worst in him)
  •  having the scene with WS standing alone and lonely as a king, just like in HS vision
  • having WS unsecure about HS feelings after he will learn/suspect about her love for WW - oo, how will he remind she was asking him to spear WW life and all those gesture that he now consider to be normal because they were once relatives!!; And I hope that after these two last episodes, there are more people now who could believe that HS did in fact love WW; I find it hard to believe anyother way and more I find hard to understand why WS would become jealouse in the future when he will already have HS heart ..... his jealousy could be cause only be him feeling that once upon a time she also gave her heart to WW ... 
  • they will meet in the future - I am 99,99% sure about this kind of ending ... also I have to say now, unlike earlier posts, that I like more the Cnovel ending ... maybe I understand more why the novel's writer said she cherrished her ending more than the one in Cdrama - in fact is not about an ideal, absolute, love thougher than time and history, but more about the how much great love can be even if it doesnt have the power to change destiny, people, history, even if it is not more powerfull than death, even if it doesnt end happily, even if it breaks your heart ... like real love in real life :) it doesnt have to be perfect to be impressive!!! it doesnt have to be ideal in order to be great!! 

That future one would be amazing 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, AuroraSky said:

This.  And I am not a hater of the show itself, I am simply a disappointed fan because this show had so much potential if only it hadn't fallen victim to money and marketing shenanigans, weird director fetishes and favoritism and people getting their ego in the way of artistic integrity.   I am an LJG fan and have been since his My Girl Days.  He has done a great job and is the shining star of this production despite having all the cards stacked against him. I keep saying this show would not be what it is without LJG to pull it through.  I just wonder how much more this show could have been without all of its poor editing, bad acting and other problems. This is not to say that the show cannot have its enjoyment appeal if your expectations are low or you had no expectations to begin with.  It is obviously entertaining billions of fans out there and keeps us moving this forum at lightning speed.  It just could have been so much more.  It is always such a shame to see so much potential put to complete waste.

13/20 episodes drama, they finally killed the loveline between Wook/Soo. For what?...For an ending
of a secondary loveline that we all know will result in a fruitless ending anyway?. People can denied
it all they want, but it's obvious that there is something not going right with the team that created
this drama. I hope that they can still prove their disappointing fans wrong. Cause it's a shame to
wreck a rare beautiful romance novel that can touch the audience hearts like no others.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I see Alot of people complain that the editing in this drama isn't good and some scenes just doesn't feel complete. I think the reasons for this poor editing scene and that alot of sceenes wer cut off is because of the lack of episodes this drama was supposed to have. I could have sworrn that I read an article This drama was supposed to have 50 episodes. WHAt happen to it? Why was it cut so short?? I think if we had more episodes this drama would have been even better. I still think that this drama is not bad at all because we have more viewers watching this drama and in this drama. Alot of people are joining the forum to give their POV. So i think it is successfull. 

There maybe some merit in this less episode theory..

But I still think, they could have managed it well in 20 episodes.. 

Editing is choppy period. They can't make 1 hour coherent irrespective of the number of episodes. And the first 10 hours, there are so many unnecessary scenes.. 

Ah!.. i guess we should be just thankful to all the teams that have given their best Vs all the teams that did a sloppy job.. because end result, the drama is not cringeworthy.. its addictive (because of story or actors or whoever .. and defintiely not because of editing or director)

• Like 9
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner