[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, special_bee said:

@Hanazumi that's what i also thought about WW, he'll get nothing LOL. Actually his concern for his family safety is a good thing, but his slyness makes me sneered at him. Maybe because i'm too hooked on this drama, that most of the times, i believe this is what happen in the history LOL

Kang ha neul is that great to portray such a layered character. He makes us loathe wang wook but sympathize him at the same time because he did it for his family.

Actually I have to continue doing my final dissertation but my addiction to this drama prevents me from doing so:D

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

SPECIAL of August 27th:

The other special was almost an hour summary of episode 1 to 8. No new scenes, no bts. :sweatingbullets: I watched it live and end up disappointed because I was expecting new scenes. BUT I think the story was condensed well in one hour without unnecessary scenes. 

Can someone please sub this video, so we (the non-korean speakers) could understand it, Thank you so much in advance ^^

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

@qwenli@special_bee I went ahead and changed it myself. So in history, Wang Jung (14th prince in the drama) is the 5th prince, Wang Wook (8th prince in the drama) is the 6th or 7th prince, and Baek Ah (13th prince in the drama) is the 8th prince.

I've been looking for them, too. I heard it's available but I don't know Korean so I can't find them.

Just note there were two Wang wook. Both 8th n 13th official name is wook....

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Actually I have to continue doing my final dissertation but my addiction to this drama prevents me from doing so:D

WOW, i'm giving you my standing ovation, when i was doing my final project, all i can do is feeling stress and no drama would do with me LOL

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, special_bee said:

@Hanazumi that's what i also thought about WW, he'll get nothing LOL. Actually his concern for his family safety is a good thing, but his slyness makes me sneered at him. Maybe because i'm too hooked on this drama, that most of the times, i believe this is what happen in the history LOL

17 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Kang ha neul is that great to portray such a layered character. He makes us loathe wang wook but sympathize him at the same time because he did it for his family.

I agree. I think in history, regardless of whether Wook was a bad guy or not or a coward, he gave birth to a son (King Seongjong) who took the nation through the 1st Goryeo-Khitan conflict, a daughter (Queen Heonae - Empress Chunchu) who served as a regent for her son (King Mokjong), and a daughter (Queen Heonjung) gave birth a son (King Hyeonjong - illigimate child with Baek Ah) who took the nation through the 2nd & 3rd Goryeo-Khitan conflicts. He died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. So I think he definitely was a man of talents, just not sure about his character. He could be a great man or an evil man (like in the drama). LJG and his character are beyond words to describe. I'm a fan of his for a long time. But I have to admit Wook's character intrigued me and I don't think anyone can portray Wook like KHN. That role was for him even if LJG is beyond outstanding. In addition, someone mentioned that Wang So's reign kept the nation together but his line ended. Goryeo continued with the descendants of Wook and Baek Ah. Both wanted freedom in different ways. Wook wanted power and Baek Ah wanted to be free. I did mention that So's name meant the sun on the edge and Wook's name meant the rising sun. It really fit So's reign and Wook's posthumous honor as a king.

@qwenli Yes, I know they have the same official names.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, moon_nebula said:

Random note before I go to bed, but this is probably my favourite scene of EP 13:

HECK YES IT WON'T BE EASY BECAUSE THE SHIP HAS SAILED AND HER HEART IS ALREADY WITH ANOTHER.... SO-SOO HERE WE COME!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

For sureee! The boat scene in the next episode has confirmed to us that our ship will start sailing and will not sink even in their afterlife. Can not wait the scene when haesoo meets the modern era wang so. Will the ending scene of episode 1 being replayed again at the ending of episode 20? :heart:

3 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

Same with me. I don't like the historical drama/saeguk. But it all gets changed when I saw the "Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart" and how Lee Joon Ki acted in this drama. He is able to make me sitting nicely to see him on the ML every week. He doesn't have to act much, just by looking at the change of his face, we can come to feel what he is feeling. How he looks at his enemy, how he stares tenderly at the girl he loves, how he speaks, smiles and weeps. He plays our emotions. For me, besides Jang Hyuk, Lee Joon Ki is an actor who can make my heart rustled whenever he acts.

I like sageuks but they have to contain heavy romance and battle of the throne in goryeo,shilla,baekje era like empress ki and this drama because I can not watch a drama without romance in it:D forgive my romantic soul. I like the costumes in those era than the joseon ones. I don't like hanbok in joseon era. In goryeo, shilla, baekje era, the costumes are just purely beautiful. And this drama contains the genre that I want to watch in a drama. The costumes used in this drama are just perfect, especially Wang So in armor suits and HaeSoo in colorful hanbok. And the hairstyles, I love it so much for the girls.

• Like 19

Just now, moon_nebula said:

Random note before I go to bed, but this is probably my favourite scene of EP 13:

rwiceh3.png

CU5FA11.png

HECK YES IT WON'T BE EASY BECAUSE THE SHIP HAS SAILED AND HER HEART IS ALREADY WITH ANOTHER.... SO-SOO HERE WE COME!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

I think Soo has fall in love So but she has not  realize that. I am looking forward the kiss scene between So and Soo.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, special_bee said:

WOW, i'm giving you my standing ovation, when i was doing my final project, all i can do is feeling stress and no drama would do with me LOL

I do feel stressed everytime I open my PC or laptop to continue my final project. I still have to revise my mistakes on the definition of variables. Thank God I found this drama to release my stress. Everytime I wake up in the morning, I always think about my final dissertation LOL.

4 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I agree. I think in history, regardless of whether Wook was a bad guy or not or a coward, he gave birth to a son (King Seongjong) who took the nation through the 1st Goryeo-Khitan conflict, a daughter (Queen Heonae - Empress Chunchu) who served as a regent for her son (King Mokjong), and a daughter (Queen Heonjung) gave birth a son (King Hyeonjong - illigimate child with Baek Ah) who took the nation through the 2nd & 3rd Goryeo-Khitan conflicts. He died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. So I think he definitely was a man of talents, just not sure about his character. He could be a great man or an evil man (like in the drama). LJG and his character are beyond words to describe. I'm a fan of his for a long time. But I have to admit Wook's character intrigued me and I don't think anyone can portray Wook like KHN. That role was for him even if LJG is beyond outstanding. In addition, someone mentioned that Wang So's reign kept the nation together but his line ended. Goryeo continued with the descendants of Wook and Baek Ah. Both wanted freedom in different ways. Wook wanted power and Baek Ah wanted to be free. I did mention that So's name meant the sun on the edge and Wook's name meant the rising sun. It really fit So's reign and Wook's posthumous honor as a king.

Woaaa, chingu, you are so daebak in history. I actually find his character to be really talented. The only flaws are just because he blamed wang so for what yeon hwa did in the drama. Besides that, actually I find him really gentle and smart and most importantly husband material lol. It's just wangso being so swoony that I can't even look at wook in the same way. The writer must have been doing deep researches about wangwook and his descendants that make him/her choose wang wook to be the intelligent character for the 8th prince like in the c-version.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

@special_bee@sunshinefate Also, some more historical information if anyone's interested. According to history, it was rumored that Yo and So worked together to get the throne from Moo. So and Wook became in laws (Wook's sister married So and Wook's children married So's children). And for So to marry Wook's sister in history, that added to my assumption that he was probably a powerful man or even respectable or his clan was powerful. Also, the fact that after So's son died, it was Wook's son who became king, not the son of any other princes. And when Mokjong (Wook's maternal grandson died), it was Baek Ah's illegitimate son with Queen Heonjung (Wook's 2nd daughter) who became king. The line of continuation had to have Wook's bloodline in there.

So, it's too bad that there's no bromance between So and Wook in the drama but perhaps, they did have bromance in history.

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

I do feel stressed everytime I open my PC or laptop to continue my final project. I still have to revise my mistakes on the definition of variables. Thank God I found this drama to release my stress. Everytime I wake up in the morning, I always think about my final dissertation LOL.

Woaaa, chingu, you are so daebak in history. I actually find his character to be really talented. The only flaws are just because he blamed wang so for what yeon hwa did in the drama. Besides that, actually I find him really gentle and smart and most importantly husband material lol. It's just wangso being so swoony that I can't even look at wook in the same way. The writer must have been doing deep researches about wangwook and his descendants that make him/her choose wang wook to be the intelligent character for the 8th prince like in the c-version.

Thank you. I know. I actually have to applaud the writer for all her hard work researching about Korean history and the symbolism through the water,...

• Like 15

@sunshinefate You really are excel in history don't you, if you have any references about it, please do share with me :) btw i began to dig the korean history after watching Queen Seondeok, and that's make me a saeguk fans LOL, but as for my own country history, i don't even give a slightest interest about it. I am so done LOL

• Like 7

I didn't have the chance to put up my comment yesterday and I didn't know if anyone had said this before (it is really hard to backread everything.) The words that struck me the most and gave me a goosebumps when watching ep 13 was the one wang wook said to YH.

I WANT TO APPEAR FLAWLESS.

This. These words he said defines who he really is. The truth behind his mask. He strives to appear flawless every minutes, which makes him look coward, undecisive before this. His lack of active involvement is because he don't want any mistakes. He keeps on calculating is next moves and weighing every options before doing it.  

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, special_bee said:

@sunshinefate You really are excel in history don't you, if you have any references about it, please do share with me :) btw i began to dig the korean history after watching Queen Seondeok, and that's make me a saeguk fans LOL, but as for my own country history, i don't even give a slightest interest about it. I am so done LOL

Do you mean me or @sunshinefate? She was quoting me so I was responding to her. I read sources from the Vietnamese wikipedia and English wikipedia and used my history experience to bring everything together or synthesize. I think synthesize is the better word in this case. I don't know Korean so I can't read from the Korean wikipedia. Plus, the history book about Goryeo is in Korean. But I may write a long post about possible stuffs in history during this time between So and Wook later on and combine what I've written above, too. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cmluv said:

What I like about Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

@cmluv  Even though I'm a die hard fan of LJK, I really just can't pin point it down to one actor even though he doing a damn fine job as WS but I like all the princes and the other supporting cast, Also the remake of this drama from a crative point of view I find done well I have been prasing the writer for this and happy to see the remake is doing so well among the international audiences.. 

• Like 16

10 hours ago, mabelialong said:

what the number of LJG  followers before scarlet ryeo airing ? just want to know comparison

around 350K before MLSHR...  sorry I dont know why it sent twice, please ignore 

• Like 4