[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, dustdevil said:

@outofspace @penelop3 @bebebisous33 Oooh, love all of the theories on the courtyard fight scene.

I obsessively went through the 6 minute trailer and I think there are at least 2 more big scenes in the main courtyard yet to come:

It struck me that most of the things in that long trailer are things that happened in episodes 1-11. It's more heavily weighted towards the earlier episodes, but there were definitely key shots from 10-11 in that preview. I'm intrigued by the few shots in the trailer that we haven't seen yet, in addition to the ones that are in the preview for next week.

@dustdevil

Baek-Ah and Hae Soo angsty scene: already happened when HS replied to 8th's poem with the emoji, and 13th followed her outside to take her to task for HS's emotional affair with Lady Hae's husband (13th's interest in the matter was because he himself loved Lady Hae).

Hae Soo does get more scenes where she is better dressed: The very first cap is from the 1st episode, after Ha Jin just arrived in Goryeo and became HS. I think she rushed outside her room and took in her surroundings i.e. 8th's residence.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, briseis said:

The hairpin of all hairpins

By the way, we are trying to identify the flower on my blog right now - the Minwhee website only ambiguously describes it as  a "FLOWER HAIRPIN" made of mother-of-pearls, but no futher details are given. My guess is that it's either a CAMELLIA, LOTUS OR MAGNOLIA. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

It's very hard to identify flowers without seeing the leafs, as the leafs here clearly belong to the currants.

tumblr_oebm4pjXwg1s8t96qo2_1280.jpg

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

1) Yo was adamant about moving the capital to Seokyeong (Pyungyang today) when he became king and forced some Songak (Gaesung today) residents to move there for labor. This made him very unpopular so that when he died, people openly cheered. [...]

2) I have posted about it here before, and it is one of those unofficial records in history. I personally don't think it's true because it is evident that the Goryeo royalty intermarried on purpose. I don't think SHR will use that story, either. Either way, everything and anything Wang So does in SHR is to save and protect Hae Soo.

@ruizaio Thank you once again for always answering so patiently and informatively. I really really appreciate it.

About SHR, it's such a sad and ultimately senseless sacrifice that WS will likely marry YH to save HS, yet HS will end up dying very young (and leaving WS) anyway. And I mean, YH--I'm all for girl power, but this gal is practically the second incarnation of Queen Evil. You gotta be sorry for WS that he'll be spending the rest of his life with that devil's spawn. And though she has the potential to be a great queen (she's smart, cunning, politically savvy and all that jazz), we know from history (and can glimpse from the drama) that she'll always protect the interests of her own clan (and herself) only and will actively oppose any reform introduced by Gwangjong for the good of the common people. I don't even want to think about it anymore, it's making me too depressed.

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, briseis said:

By the way, we are trying to identify the flower on my blog right now - the Minwhee website only ambiguously describes it as  a "FLOWER HAIRPIN" made of mother-of-pearls, but no futher details are given. My guess is that it's either a CAMELLIA, LOTUS OR MAGNOLIA. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

It's very hard to identify flowers without seeing the leafs, as the leafs here clearly belong to the currants.

If they're following the novel, then flower on the hair pin should be magnolia. It's also the 4th prince's favorite flower in novel.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, dustdevil said:

You're right, that's back in episode 3. Also, that flashback/premoniton scene implies that Yo had the assassins killed back in the palace, but I thought he had them all killed out in the forest while Hae Soo was watching.

Yes he did have them killed in the forest, that is why I don't know where that other scene came from, out of the blue, and why it was red, different from the preview. I am going to have to watch it all over again ;):):wub:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@penelop3 Thanks for collecting these three pictures. I had an idea what is going to happen. Crown Prince discovered Yo's treachery and asked for Wang Wook and Wang So's support. Both had to fight in order to know who would be the leader next to Crown Prince. Yo got defeated therefore he is brought to the palace.  Now they are waiting for the king's verdict and punishment. But as you noticed it, someone is coming from the palace bringing the news that Taejo has just died.

Now, Crown Prince has become the new King hence everybody kneel down and bow as a sign that he is the new King. They are all pleadging allegiance to him. 

There is haesoo in 1st pic. Did you see it.. in the left corner next to the palace pole. Behind the soldiers ..

What she doing in this scene???

• Like 6

You Quoted Some Interesting Stuff.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

One of his first actions we hear from him is, he killed his first man while protecting his family, when he was 11 years old. Based on your analysis, this explains why he is expecting unlimited support from his mother and sister. He saved their life and as such, they already owe him. Yet he never dared to mention it because they belonged to his family. However, he expected from Yeon Hwa submission and total support therefore he never really paid attention to her motivation and ambition. She betrays him and she lies to him in the episode 11, when she says that all she did was for him. Wang Wook believes her and adds the poisoning as a debt towards him. He does her a favour and expects again total support and submission from her. We all know that he is wrong: Yeon Hwa is much more ambitious, resentful and greedy than he is. As conclusion, this is also the reason why he is misjudging Yeon Hwa's personality. As a result she will never repay her debts towards him.

@bebebisous33 You and @40somethingahjumma  Get down to the facts I love reading the both of your comments.. I never thought he would see his mom and sister as debts but yes this fits his character being the deep thinker people weigher he is but you can best believe YH will stab him in the back again when it comes between him or Ws becoming King she don't care about her debts to him when in return she can become the creditor.. You are so true when you say that WW wants to try and make up in HS for what he couldn't feel for his first wife..  Which I find this a burden in it's self because HS isn't her, I'm wondering if he will ever tell HS that he promised his wife to take care of her.. Which it dosen't mean he has to marry her I'm hoping this plays a fact in HS breaking up with him because at this point I think she's just a replacement for the dead wife who she can't really tell if he;s loving her or the dead wife through her.. Interesting facts you 2 have laid out.. And on this note the more dark and scary he could be.. (The Debtor The Creditor) Excellent Analysis.. 

50 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@ruizaio Love all the historical tidbits. Maybe you can clear this up for me as well:

1) I get that the Chungju Yu would support a prince of their own bloodline to sit on the throne--but once Yo (So's older brother) got that position, why would the Yu clan support So against his older brother of the same clan and also the current king? Just because So seemed more competent? 

2) Is there any historical basis for the speculation I've seen around the thread, that it was the Hwangbo princess herself who engineered the marriage to So by getting him drunk, sleeping with him, and asking the King to decree marriage the next morning?

I hope the writer don't use this scenario to marry YH and WS becuse this is so cliche for Kdrama I wish for something more creative on a political bases..

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@mewtwo 

Thank you for the recommendation, I've been searching for a link online but alas to no avail. Maybe one will appear in the future. 

@briseis

I think it too is a magnolia going by what Yinzhen gave Ruoxi in the c-version. 

Reveal hidden contents

Camellia Flower

White+Camellia+flower+pictures_White+Jap

Lotus Flower

Lotus-Flower-Meaning.png

Magnolia flower

magnolia-flower-1.jpg

1dqV6a7.jpg

I think so too, but I had to ask to make sure because you can't exactly tell just by looking at the pearl petals. Thanks for all your answers :-)

• Like 17

I feel like such a dummy..so many of you have such great insight into the personalities  of the characters, while I just have to guess at it  & simply let the drama play out..that said, I enjoy both the drama & the comments..

On a lighter note, my contribution:  

9f926c0eee4321bb2b74732549e7710c.jpg

• Like 21

24 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

There were some Korean fans who did some research into it and have reached the conclusion that it's peony. The post can be found here (you may need to use a Korean IP to access the site). They think it's the same flower shown in the opening logo of the show.

And also the flowers Hae Soo is holding in the character information page.

Not the Moutan (牡丹) kind, but the more common kind (芍药). 

Edit: I found another post where somebody actually called Minwhee and asked and was told that it's lotus. Ah well. This hairpin is 650,000 KRW, which is about $600 USD. Dang. Somebody else had found that the bracelet Wook gave Hae Soo costs about $300, too. Wow...

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I just knew the petals didn't look like those of a magnolia, besides considering So's personality is completely different from the 4th Prince in the novel it's only natural he would like different kind of flower.

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, larinalove said:

Guys someone help me, I cannot stop re-watching the scene where WS goes to visit HS in prison, that scene is so meaningful and sweet and heartbreaking at the same time, the chemistry is so intense, the music too, I hope they'll release that song soon because I love it.

It's almost Saturday in my country which means we're getting closer to Monday, can't actually believe I'm anticipating Monday, haha, but I NEED my fix of MLSHR asap!!!

Love reading your insights and posts, they help me get through the days faster, so glad to be part of this amazing thread!

Have a great weekend everyone, hugs!

I'm in the same boat as you. I keep playing that scene over and over again, I lost count know, lol. I keep trying find hints of the song but it looks like it hasn't been released yet. What area do you live if you're nearing Saturday? My weekend is taking forever. I normally love my off days, but because of WS I really want the time to skip, haha. I think I'm losing it, lol. At least this forum and everything that is posted keeps me sane:P

• Like 13

Hello!
Finally I made an account on Soompi to jump on Scarlet Heart Ryeo hype train :wub:

Every time I watch it, I am so curious how old are the Princes and Hae Soo in this adaptation?
From what I've read somewhere, age of the main characters on the book start out at:

Crown Prince - 30
4th Prince - 26
8th Prince - 23
9th Prince - 21
10th Prince - 21
13th Prince - 18
14th Prince - 16
Hae Soo (Ruoxi) - 13

Of course there are some changes from the original, which I believe:

1. Hae Soo is 16 in the drama. Probably because 13 is just way too young from a modern perspective.
2. 14th Prince (Jeong) is younger than Hae Soo. Since they added 3 years to Hae Soo's age, Jeong is slightly younger by a couple months.
3. Other princes are supposed to be older than Hae Soo, although I'm not so sure about 10th (Eun) and 13th (Baek Ah) Prince. 10th Prince is a little bit immature as a 20-something adult. :sweatingbullets:
4. 4th (So) and 8th (Wook) Prince were born in the same year.

I'm just really curious, please share your perspective 

Edited by superkoala
  • Like 22