[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 hours ago, ruizaio said:

Historically, Chaeryung's words are true. Wang So had the support of his birthmother's clan (Chungju Yu - Chungju is in the center of South Korea, so it was a very important traffic hub), his adopted mother's clan (Shinju Kang - Sinchon today in North Korea, this family was known for their military prowess and were important in guarding the northern border), as well as his wife's clan (Hwangju Hwangbo - also in the north, close to Shinju). Queen Yu had five sons, and Lady Kang had just one son that died young, so one of Queen Yu's sons was given to Lady Kang and that was Wang So. Historians speculate that Lady Kang played a major role in getting Wang So and the Hwangbo princess (we don't know her real name, YH is what was given for this drama) married so that he could have Hwangbo clan's support.

Hide contents

Also, one of the members from this Shinju Kang family (Kang Jo) plays a crucial role in placing the illegitimate child between Wook2 (Baek Ah in SHR) and Wook1's daughter (who was married to Wang So's son) on the throne later on, so you can imagine how powerful they were.

In SHR, Lady Kang went crazy after her son died, and apparently there was a lot of conflict between the Yus and the Kangs, so one of Yu's sons was supposed to be given there as a hostage, and it may have been Yo initially, but after the scar incident, So was given instead. The Kangs were probably not happy as they were given a damaged prince who can't hope to sit on the throne. 

Because Wang Geon had so many wives, only some of them (queens) lived in the palace, and the other concubines stayed with their clans. The princes couldn't enter Songak (Gaegyung) freely because it could be considered treasonous. 

Historically, Wang So was considered a favorite son of Wang Geon because he was good looking and very smart. One of the records say that Yo was stubborn and didn't like to listen to other people, whereas So was astute and careful, while also boldly taking action once he seized the chance. 

Good morning, chingus,  and thanks @ruizaio for the fruitful discussion here. You have answered and cleared all my questions. I can't link to understand the power of these clans, but now I can arrange all my puzzles into one pictures....hehehe...it's very interesting Korean historical drama.

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, superkoala said:

Hello!
Finally I made an account on Soompi to jump on Scarlet Heart Ryeo hype train :wub:

Every time I watch it, I am so curious how old are the Princes and Hae Soo in this adaptation?
From what I've read somewhere, age of the main characters on the book start out at:

Crown Prince - 30
4th Prince - 26
8th Prince - 23
9th Prince - 21
10th Prince - 21
13th Prince - 18
14th Prince - 16
Hae Soo (Ruoxi) - 13

Of course there are some changes from the original, which I believe:

1. Hae Soo is 16 in the drama. Probably because 13 is just way too young from a modern perspective.
2. 14th Prince (Jeong) is younger than Hae Soo. Since they added 3 years to Hae Soo's age, Jeong is slightly younger by a couple months.
3. Other princes are supposed to be older than Hae Soo, although I'm not so sure about 10th (Eun) and 13th (Baek Ah) Prince. 10th Prince is a little bit immature as a 20-something adult. :sweatingbullets:
4. 4th (So) and 8th (Wook) Prince were born in the same year.

I'm just really curious, please share your perspective 

Historically, Crown Prince was born in 912, Yo was born in 923, So was born in 925, and we don't know about the other children of Wang Geon, but the fact that Jeong (14th) married an older half-sister than Wook1 (8th) suggests that Jeong was actually older than Wook1. I personally was appalled to see Wook1 call So by name (but then DF subtitles change all hyungnim to names...) regardless of the fact that they're supposed to be born in the same year. Even today, even among twins or cousins, you respect the seniority of those older than you within family, even if the difference is miniscule. Now, depending on the family, the adults may be more lenient, but that's not the norm yet. This was another thing that was off-putting to general sageuk watchers in Korea.

Somebody on the SHR DC has made a comparison with the leaked synopsis version here. Basically:

In the synopsis version in the beginning
4th and 8th are 18
9th and 10th are 17
Hae Soo, Yeon Hwa, 13th are 16,
and 14th is 14,

but according to the drama,
9th and YH are 17 or less
10th is 16 or less
13th is 15 or less
and 14th is 14 or less

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, superkoala said:

Hello!
Finally I made an account on Soompi to jump on Scarlet Heart Ryeo hype train :wub:

Every time I watch it, I am so curious how old are the Princes and Hae Soo in this adaptation?
From what I've read somewhere, age of the main characters on the book start out at:

Crown Prince - 30
4th Prince - 26
8th Prince - 23
9th Prince - 21
10th Prince - 21
13th Prince - 18
14th Prince - 16
Hae Soo (Ruoxi) - 13

Of course there are some changes from the original, which I believe:

1. Hae Soo is 16 in the drama. Probably because 13 is just way too young from a modern perspective.
2. 14th Prince (Jeong) is younger than Hae Soo. Since they added 3 years to Hae Soo's age, Jeong is slightly younger by a couple months.
3. Other princes are supposed to be older than Hae Soo, although I'm not so sure about 10th (Eun) and 13th (Baek Ah) Prince. 10th Prince is a little bit immature as a 20-something adult. :sweatingbullets:
4. 4th (So) and 8th (Wook) Prince were born in the same year.

I'm just really curious, please share your perspective 

Hi Welcome!!! :) In this drama HaeSoo is 16 (Go Ha Jin in her mid 20's), Chaeryung is 15, WangSo and Wook around 19 or 20 at the beginning of the story. YeonhWa is younger than Wook. Only a year has passed in the drama for the characters...but more years are coming.

---------

Our cute Jin Ki Joo talking about Chaeryung and more...

• Like 20

8 hours ago, ruizaio said:

Yes Korean fans are recruiting a team to make an official request to the production. Probably some time next week they'll start gathering information on how many people are interested in buying it. If there is enough response, they'll contact the production and decide on a distributor. Then the team will gather fan-side requests on what to be included in the set and the distributor will work on getting copyright  issues sorted out and scheduling commentary/interview shooting and what not. I'll keep posting updates here and tag everyone on the thread when it starts. The whole process can take over half a year though.

@ruizaio Good to hear that. I would like to have one set with eng sub. :D We are counting on Korean fans now, ...

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@ruizaio Good to hear that. I would like to have one set with eng sub. :D We are counting on Korean fans now, ...

Normally they include English subs for the episodes but not for the special features like BTS and commentaries. If enough international fans show interest, we may be able to request for those to be subbed, too, but who knows. At this point, we don't even know if an uncut version is possible because I heard that another pre-produced drama had a hard time getting them released on DVD/Blu-ray because of copyright issues.

• Like 24

3 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I'd recommend Healing Camp Ep 79 it was in 2013 But I'm not sure you're gonna be able to find it because it was taken down by SBS, Golden Fishery ep 135 & 136 in 2009 you'll find it in JGfamily FB, they're my favorite talk/chat show 

I think I've seen a subbed version of HC on Yt...

• Like 10

4 hours ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I so totally agree with you.

LJK is the epitome of 'physical expression' ^_^

His whole body is so animated that it conveys exactly what he is thinking. He likes to physically express himself by hugging, touching and giving handshakes etc which I find so attractive. It's difficult for guys to be expressive but I love it because LJK is so good at that, and his energy is just so...omg...:wub: I love his boyish carefree attitude...but he can be serious and diplomatic at times as well. I love the mix and versatility of his personality.

How can he not have a girlfriend or how can a girl not want to date him, he is going to be so much fun to be in a relationship with .

*sigh* :wub:

I wonder how he portrays a "King" looks ? :sweatingbullets: A King can't have a lot of expression, especially less physical expression, he must always look serious....

• Like 18

56 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Normally they include English subs for the episodes but not for the special features like BTS and commentaries. If enough international fans show interest, we may be able to request for those to be subbed, too, but who knows. At this point, we don't even know if an uncut version is possible because I heard that another pre-produced drama had a hard time getting them released on DVD/Blu-ray because of copyright issues.

hmmmm, hope we can have uncut version....:confused:

• Like 8

9 hours ago, sooji28 said:

Yes, i would like to know the youtube link. 

:) 

I had found it on Yt (hilarious!), but now it's blocked for copyright issues... :mellow: 
In that BTS he was just adorkable! :wub: He flapped those "batman wings" pretending to fly)! :D

• Like 12