[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

59 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Well if he is then it is with a lot of restraint unlike KHN. Can you imagine if she didn't have a boyfriend, the battle of the princes for her would be on-screen as well as off-screen, they wouldn't even have to "act" possessive and jealous in the drama :w00t:

Hahahahahaha !! So True !! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 14

54 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Yes, I think he is the kind of person that likes to show affection with hugs, handshakes etc. with everyone around him. I have noticed at public interviews and appearances with his leading ladies that he is more restrained than with the guys (recently the premiere of NSG movie in China) and it is probably to show respect for their boyfriends, OR to avoid a possible black eye :P. He doesn't seem to mind giving hugs to his fans either *sigh* wish I was one of them :wub:

I so totally agree with you.

LJK is the epitome of 'physical expression' ^_^

His whole body is so animated that it conveys exactly what he is thinking. He likes to physically express himself by hugging, touching and giving handshakes etc which I find so attractive. It's difficult for guys to be expressive but I love it because LJK is so good at that, and his energy is just so...omg...:wub: I love his boyish carefree attitude...but he can be serious and diplomatic at times as well. I love the mix and versatility of his personality.

How can he not have a girlfriend or how can a girl not want to date him, he is going to be so much fun to be in a relationship with .

*sigh* :wub:

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, dustdevil said:

Hide contents

Baek Ah & Woo Hee huggy scene:

Baek-Ah and Hae Soo angsty scene:

Baek Ah (or Jung? they really have similar eyebrows and noses) in armor screaming (this was in a short trailer, didn't catch it in the longer one):

Crying Jung and Eun:

Emo, black-wearing Wook

A few deaths:

It went by fast in the preview, so I assumed this was CP, but it's Yo, right? That's a nice teaser of his death. Wonder if YH poisons him...

Hae Soo does get more scenes where she is better dressed:

The photo of "A few deaths", that scene was shown when So realized it was Yo that arranged for the monks to assassinate CP, it was filtered red like Soo's premonitions as if So had seen it.  I thought that was kind of out of place because it didn't look like a flashback. Does anyone know what happened there? Was that an early hint that maybe So is also a time traveler? I just thought it was bad editing and a mistake.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, tanaqvi said:

Unfortunatly it seems to be the true him.I think so too

for me it wasn't funny it was awkward and unexpected bcs I never saw him doing shows before

I am a huge fan of RM and expected more from LJG, than awkward overacting, yet he himself seemed to enjoy it

many stars made their appearance on RM great, IU was there few times, there are good/bad eps too, I wasn't sold by LJG charm or humor or smth else,  I mean 

He only been in 2 variety shows because he said he's not good at it, so far he's been in family outing 7 years ago and RM this year only, I wouldn't recommend a show like RM to get to know a celebrity tbh I mean even Kim Jong Kook is not like that in real life it's all just an act, interviews with good MC is better, I think one of his best is Healing Camp & Golden Fishery, he struggled for 4 years & failed 50+ auditions every year so he has a lot of fun stories & he's so good at telling it, he's very honest too & have made a lot of stupid reckless mistakes, also magazine interviews are better than RM to get to know someone

• Like 21

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

@tanaqvi

You made me curious so I looked up Episode 314 of Running Man. First time I seen the show to be honest. Not really my cup of tea at all. It's all over the top theatrics, He's no more over the top and awkward than the rest of them. it would be hard to see what the celebrity is really like. He'd need to go on a chat show like Graham Norton for me to have a sense of what he's about. Do they have chat shows in Korea? Or is it mainly these variety shows? 

I'd recommend Healing Camp Ep 79 it was in 2013 But I'm not sure you're gonna be able to find it because it was taken down by SBS, Golden Fishery ep 135 & 136 in 2009 you'll find it in JGfamily FB, they're my favorite talk/chat show 

• Like 12

While waiting for Monday to come, I stumbled upon "Shine or Go Crazy".  :o  It's about Wang So too and his true love in that series I guess.  I watched the first and last episodes, since I'm so impatience.  Anyway, the WS in that series was abandoned too when he was small, the king daddy sent him away.  Kinda the same with our WS in Scarlet Heart.  Fast forward to the last episode, the lovers had to part ways since he ascended and became king.  And they met each other again after some times passed and the series end.  :crazy: I hope our WS and HS love story will have a satisfied ending.  No reincarnation of any kind, just make it WS transported to the modern times to reunite with HaJin.  :blink:

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, hiluna said:

The photo of "A few deaths", that scene was shown when So realized it was Yo that arranged for the monks to assassinate CP, it was filtered red like Soo's premonitions as if So had seen it.  I thought that was kind of out of place because it didn't look like a flashback. Does anyone know what happened there? Was that an early hint that maybe So is also a time traveler? I just thought it was bad editing and a mistake.

You're right, that's back in episode 3. Also, that flashback/premoniton scene implies that Yo had the assassins killed back in the palace, but I thought he had them all killed out in the forest while Hae Soo was watching.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My dear chingu;), I loved your approach on Wang Wook and Wang So.admire2 onion head Yes, the fact he often uses words like debts and creditors reveals how he views relationships and people. And this forced me to take a closer look at Wang Wook's behaviour towards people and especially towards Hae Soo and lady Hae again. What are the debts he owes to lady Hae exactly? Has he got the same relationship with Hae Soo as well? Is it love? First, I am going to analyse his relationship with his family. 

One of his first actions we hear from him is, he killed his first man while protecting his family, when he was 11 years old. Based on your analysis, this explains why he is expecting unlimited support from his mother and sister. He saved their life and as such, they already owe him. Yet he never dared to mention it because they belonged to his family. However, he expected from Yeon Hwa submission and total support therefore he never really paid attention to her motivation and ambition. She betrays him and she lies to him in the episode 11, when she says that all she did was for him. Wang Wook believes her and adds the poisoning as a debt towards him. He does her a favour and expects again total support and submission from her. We all know that he is wrong: Yeon Hwa is much more ambitious, resentful and greedy than he is. As conclusion, this is also the reason why he is misjudging Yeon Hwa's personality. As a result she will never repay her debts towards him.

Then we have lady Hae: he married her because she wanted to. For him, it was an arranged marriage. The business deal was that since she came from a powerful family, he could come back to the palace. Nonetheless. he knew that she loved him, but preferred to ignore it because this would have meant that he would have had more debts towards her than he wanted:

1) He could return to the palace

2) He got love and total devotion from his wife, (but without her confessing to him) 

Therefore he preferred to compensate her by acting like a devoted and loving husband, without giving his heart to her. She is the reason why Wang Wook saw her as a responsability. She was his biggest creditor. This explains why he didn't want to get divorced or take another wife because these actions would have been added on his list as credits. So when she was about to die, she confessed to him, how she fell in love with him. This confession illustrates that lady Hae could never talk freely to him and share her feelings towards him. She had to suppress these feelings all this time and in my opinion, it was deliberate from Wang Wook. He didn't want to owe her too much. Then she stopped him from confessing to her. By doing so, she gave him one more reason to be endebted towards her. As a result, the amount of his debts towards her had increased again: the declared love and she never asked for his feelings in return. The question is: did he really love lady Hae? In my opinion, he felt remorse that she had died leaving him behind with this huge debts towards her. Then he keeps visiting her grave, even with Hae Soo, as if his visit to her grave would reduce the amount of his debts. Thus he learnt from Hae Soo that his wife was the one who read the poem to her so that he realised that his wife was well aware of his feelings for Hae Soo. In order to reduce the amount of his debts towards her, he pledged that he would love Hae Soo with the love he should have given to her. Hae Soo becomes for him a tool and all this points out that Wang Wook feels remorse towards lady Hae. 

What about Hae Soo? Why did he say that she belonged to him (episode 4), while she was actually part of his wife's family? The answer is that since he killed the man in the episode 2 and he had declared, he would take care of her (episode 1), he definitely saw her as a person who owes him. He had saved her life and had declared he would help her. Besides, he consoled her and took care of her scar. Therefore she belonged to him. As exchange for this, he asked for her smile, jokes and affection. So this would explain why he didn't want to marry her sooner. She was not just fun, she also had to repay for her debts. Therefore he thought, he saw himself as her big creditor. Yet their relationship started changing because he noticed that he had fallen in love with her. Hence he got so upset and depressed and in my opinion, that's the moment she became more a burden. Being in love means that you want to show it and give that love to the person. The rescue in the episode 4 made him realise that love is connected to responsability and committment so that it can be viewed as a burden. Hence he is cold towards Hae Soo after the rescuing. He even avoids her for a while. Yet at the end of the day, he can't fight for his feelings any longer. From that moment, he thinks that if he can see her smile, this will be enough. She makes him happy. He doesn't need to make a real committment. Buying herbs so that she can make soap is another way to make him happy while watching her at a certain distance. Moreover, he uses Hae Soo's soaps to get love and support from his mother. Thus he is asking for Hae Soo's love now. So he bought her a lot of herbs and made her happy, unconsciously he is asking for something in return: her love. This is where the poem intervenes. He wants to know about her feelings towards him. By doing so, he is binding Hae Soo to him, without making a big committment. He doesn't want to be the giving part, I mean, the one who gives more than he receives. Just like you said, he doesn't want to give more than he needs to. Therefore even after his wife's death, he doesn't think, he needs to marry Hae Soo. Since she owes him, she will never leave his side. He knows, she loves him and that's enough. 

However, due to the forced marriage to the king, Wang Wook realises that he is about to lose Hae Soo and his happiness. After his failed attempt to stop the marriage, Wang Wook is hurt because Hae Soo had to save herself in order to stop the marriage, so that the debts Hae Soo owed him changed: she risked her life and as such, she owes him less. In order to secure his ownership over her, he gives her the bracelet. By covering the scar with the bracelet, he is not only trying to claim her as his possession (she is unaware of it), but he is also attempting to erase the scar so that it could be seen as if her debts towards him was still bigger than it actually is. Moreover, he doesn't want to be reminded that he owes her more than she does, since he didn't help her as promised.

However, he becomes happy again because he can still see her and her smiles. Her affection hasn't changed at all. He can still meet her in secret. Therefore he accepts the changed situation much easilier than Wang So who is worried about her. He is still the one who receives more than he gives. But Wang Wook starts having a hard time because he sees Hae Soo less than before (episode 8). To me, since he doesn't see her so often, this makes him realise that it is not what her position as court lady isn't that great. Now, he gets aware that she needs to come back to his home. Notice that he doesn't ask for her hand. He only talks about buying herbs for her so that she can make soap again. From my point of view, he wants to return to their relationship like in the past. She is with him, but she is not his wife or concubine. She is just a person who will make him happy. Deep down, he doesn't want to commit himself. He knows that Hae Soo's status doesn't contribute to give him more power. He would be the one who gives more than he receives. Yet during the rain ritual, he observes that Hae Soo is only looking at Wang So and it does bother him. Moreover, she is thinking a lot about Wang So in front of him. He starts feeling threatened, afraid of losing her so that he decides to do two things:

- he confesses his love to her (a big commitment to him!)

- he gives her a present (the book)

I also noticed that before he meets her to give him the present, he sighes, underlining that Hae Soo is considered by him as a burden. So he loves her but to a certain extent as he views his relationship with her as debtor and creditor. The reason he is giving her two things (confession, the book) is:

- He has to announce her that she can't leave the palace. He has failed again.

- He wants to secure her affections due to Wang So.

The bottom of the line is that his list of debts towards Hae Soo is getting longer. He keeps promising things he can not make true. As such, she is the one who gives more than he gives, but he wants to overlook it. Nonetheless, he is afraid of losing her. 

Because Hae Soo is having these visions, she gets scared and urges him to make her leave the palace. She never asks for marriage, yet when Wang Wook realises that Wang So is pursuing Hae Soo, this changes the whole situation. He needs to commit himself this time as he realises that he might lose her to Wang So. From that moment, he is forced to ask for her hand. He was already upset that Hae Soo had left the palace without telling him ("how could she?"). This illustrates that he considers Hae Soo as inferior to him:

- She owes him (as she promised to stay by his side),

- She is now just a court lady 

As conclusion, Wang So is the trigger for the proposal. If Wang Wook hadn't witnessed them together, this wouldn't have happened. But he doesn't feel the urge to ask directly for her hand, I mean, he doesn't visit the king immediately. He waits again. 

So the question is: why did he abandon her? It is not just because, like you said, he wants to protect his family. He only thinks of the perspective what he will gain from it. He notices that Hae Soo's love for him has wavered. She is more worried about Wang So than herself. He has noticed that she has someone else in her mind. He feels insecure. Moreover, he had never really given up the ambition to become king (see episode 9, where he is talking to himself about the seat he should fit in!). From my point of view, Yeon Hwa's words made him realise that he would lose more with Hae Soo than gain. He is doubting about her love, he wants to become the king deep down... moreover, he doesn't want to be more endebted to Hae Soo. His sister is the reason for her arrest. IF this was to be revealed, he and his sister would owe her more. He can not let that happen. By hiding the truth, he is trying to keep his debts towards Hae Soo small.

When he visits her at the end of the episode 11, he can't make a committment again because

- he is feeling guilty

- he can be punished by his father

- he loses the opportunity to become the king as Hae Soo has become a burden as court lady. If he commits himself to her in public, he will never be able to get support from other clans. He needs a more powerful wife.

Here again, his thinking is: will he lose more or win more by supporting Hae Soo? His answer is: he will lose more that's why he betrays her one more time. Does he love her in the end? Since he is only seeing it from a debt-credit aspect, we can only say that his love is not deep enough. For him, love is a burden... which reveals how selfish Wang Wook is despite his gentle and caring behaviour.

I really love this drama!!  hard love pink mouse  

@UnniSarah @solelylurking

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve 

@syeramy @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

Thank you for your brilliant analysis! Hope you continue to be inspired to write more for us. You don't mind us becoming debtors, right?

• Like 18