[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, ruizaio said:

There were some Korean fans who did some research into it and have reached the conclusion that it's peony. The post can be found here (you may need to use a Korean IP to access the site). They think it's the same flower shown in the opening logo of the show.

zjswC7S.gif 

And also the flowers Hae Soo is holding in the character information page.

h5xPrRm.jpg

Not the Moutan (牡丹) kind, but the more common kind (芍药). 

Edit: I found another post where somebody actually called Minwhee and asked and was told that it's lotus. Ah well. This hairpin is 650,000 KRW, which is about $600 USD. Dang. Somebody else had found that the bracelet Wook gave Hae Soo costs about $300, too. Wow...

I also like the lotus motif more than magnolia, camellia or peony. Magnolia, camellia and peony are beautiful, too. But to reiterate that not only is it associated with “the birth and/or rise of the sun, rebirth, renewal” (from http://theseasasleep.tumblr.com/) and how it “grows in the mud and rises from it to bloom in the sunlight” (from http://meetmeinmato.tumblr.com/), the fact that the lotus is white symbolizes innocence but not necessarily innocence as in virginity but the innocence and the pure soul both Hae Soo and Wang So possess as well as the lotus representing their enduring love that will rip down any barriers in between. However, I take the white lotus in a different direction and that is the white color symbolizes the white color often found in funeral or the death of someone and even though lotus means pure love but I researched somewhere and it said lotus also means the separation of love. The separation of love here does not mean that Hae Soo and Wang So will break up but together with the white color, white lotus hints at the fact that both will be separated as in one lives and one dies. I am not looking towards the ending like that but that’s my take on white lotus.

On the other hand, if anyone can verify the flower, it'll be even better to analyze it :).

• Like 22

31 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

it was, luckily I've seen it 1 or 2 months ago but yesterday when I searched for it I couldn't find it

Blocked, unfortunately. It was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INetunN92u8 
He talked for a while about his "kiss-scenes rehearsals", showing how he tested the camera angles and "techniques" without having an actual girlfriend to practice with... :D Well, I must say that I've nothing to complain so far with the results...

• Like 12

14 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

Yes and no

I heard (never prakticed), that it is similar like a allergie treatment

You eat/drink a tiny amount of poison over a certain period and add a bit more each time
But the amount WS drank would be deadly ... he had just a better immune system and could hold longer and wait for the antidote
If you practice medicine thru homeopathy you eat poisen to
Belladonna
Arsenic
Some more are all poisons and deadly in a certain dosis

The practice  to gradually drink/eat non lethal amounts of poison, in order to finally develop  immunity against a poison is called mithridatism. The word is derived from  Mithridates VI, a king of Pontos. Here is the story of Mithridates ( any similarity with  beloved princes and  love-to-hate queens is just coincidence) :

The father of  prince Mithridates (and King) was assassinated by poisoning, after the queen´s (and Mithridates mother) orders. After this, Mithridates mother held regency over  kingdom until a male heir came of age. Mithridates was in competition with his brother for the throne and his mother began to favor his brother. Supposedly, during his youth, Mithridates began to suspect plots against him at his own mother's orders. He then began to notice pains in his stomach during his meals and suspected his mother had ordered small amounts of poison to be added to his food to slowly kill him off. With other assassination attempts, he fled into the wild.

While in the wild, it is said that he began ingesting non-lethal amounts of poisons and mixing many into a universal remedy to make him immune to all known poisons.

After Mithridates' death, many Roman physicians claimed to possess and improve the formula.  (source Wikipedia)

• Like 15

11 hours ago, hayperreality said:

Best episode so far is Episode 11. That conversation between Lady Oh and WW was so real and so raw. That actress is awesome, too, btw. I should research on her more. Anyway, from that scene until the end, I couldn't stop crying! I feel so sad for WW because he's confused which battles he should fight. I'm sure he loves HS deeply. But there's nothing he can do about that love.

I had seen her starring in Healer, before, and I had a good impression of her acting chops, even if she had a secondary/recurring) role: 
http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Woo_Hee-jin.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Hee-jin

south-korean-actors-woo-heejin-do-jiwon-

• Like 13

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

Normally they include English subs for the episodes but not for the special features like BTS and commentaries. If enough international fans show interest, we may be able to request for those to be subbed, too, but who knows. At this point, we don't even know if an uncut version is possible because I heard that another pre-produced drama had a hard time getting them released on DVD/Blu-ray because of copyright issues.

Please count me in.... :wub:

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I had seen her starring in Healer, before, and I had a good impression of her acting chops, even if she had a secondary/recurring) role: 
http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Woo_Hee-jin.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Hee-jin

I tried to dig my memory from watching Healer bc I read she is there. But I can't remember her XD Maybe I need to re watch Healer again to look for her. 

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I also like the lotus motif more than magnolia, camellia or peony. Magnolia, camellia and peony are beautiful, too. But to reiterate that not only is it associated with “the birth and/or rise of the sun, rebirth, renewal” (from http://theseasasleep.tumblr.com/) and how it “grows in the mud and rises from it to bloom in the sunlight” (from http://meetmeinmato.tumblr.com/), the fact that the lotus is white symbolizes innocence but not necessarily innocence as in virginity but the innocence and the pure soul both Hae Soo and Wang So possess as well as the lotus representing their enduring love that will rip down any barriers in between. However, I take the white lotus in a different direction and that is the white color symbolizes the white color often found in funeral or the death of someone and even though lotus means pure love but I researched somewhere and it said lotus also means the separation of love. The separation of love here does not mean that Hae Soo and Wang So will break up but together with the white color, white lotus hints at the fact that both will be separated as in one lives and one dies. I am not looking towards the ending like that but that’s my take on white lotus.

On the other hand, if anyone can verify the flower, it'll be even better to analyze it :).

So I posted a post about white lotus. I am gonna keep posting with the flowers thing.

For white camellia, it stands for the innocence, courage and the good within a person. Another meaning is the to wait and excellence. I will not talk about the innocence part anymore. Please read from the white lotus post. But Hae Soo and Wang So both have the courage and the good within them. Hae Soo pretty much saved herself from marrying the king by scarring her. Wang So has a scar but that does not deprive him of his courage. Both of them care and love others. Talking about the wait, it could represent that the journey of their love will have to endure a lot of pain and struggle and they have to wait until the “game of thrones” is over. Wang So does not want to be king but he outshines all his other brothers and that is his excellence. Hae Soo comes from the modern world and her thoughts and actions are different from the women in Goryeo’s time. Then, there comes the meaning of hope, love, perfection and gift for the guys. Again, ultimately Hae Soo and Wang So will be in love with each other and they have hope that one day they can be together. Despite their physical imperfection, their love for each other is perfect regardless of any flaws. And Hae Soo is the “gift” or as in the water myth that Barbrey mentioned on Dramabeans, that Hae Soo is the blessing of the river god to the sky or Wang So in this case.

With white magnolia, it represents the nobility, extreme beauty, magnificence, pure, perfection, benevolence.

And finally peony, it symbolizes elegance, attraction, luck, wealth. I do not think that peony has a lot of meaning for the couple SoSoo.

Overall, among the four flowers, I think if Moon Lovers is going for a sad ending, I think the white lotus is more fitting. If Moon Lovers is not going to have a sad ending, I think camellia is more fitting. I do not think peony or magnolia is fitting because the overall mood and tone up until now is going to be even more dramatic and painful. I know the original uses magnolia but I just can’t seem to picture the main couple with magnolia or peony.

• Like 19

21 hours ago, jetsu said:

To me So treats YH like a sibling just like his other brothers.  If he has any special feelings for her he would have already told her that 'you are my person' before he had feelings for Soo.  So is someone who doesn't hold back his feelings. 

@jetsu... Annyeong Chingu I agree So doesn't have any romantic feelings for her .

Spoiler

Long time no see.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, solelylurking said:

@dhia205 Abdominal, upper arm, thigh, etc.

Wang So has a nice posture but his abs and chest and back need more 'intention'.

Wook needs just a lil bit more. He's been a book worm. Maybe he will get exercise more. After all he'll be out hunting a wolf dog haha..

abit of abs is good... WS is strong and efficient i have no doubt about it, but his body is too soft(?). i have no problem with his beautiful-full of scar-back, but his abs and upper arms  really need attention right?. or i'm wrong? i only saw it once, i think i need more WS shower scene for better observations ^_^

wook is perfect, he just need a bit more outdoor exercise too... hunting the wolf will be the best choice, but i'm afraid that wolf won't fight him back, but give in right away. 

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, briseis said:

New BTS on naver - WITH UNSEEN SCENES FROM UPCOMING EPISODES -HS IN SANGOONG ROBES  - Moo is the king so she received a high position

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1139885

Oh my my .. This will be in ep 13, I suppose? I wonder why he cannot marry HS and why CP as King wouldnt let them? Unless.... CP/King wants her for himself? To treat him and keep his secret? 

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 16