[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Personally, i really love a happy ending for So in his Goryeo life, he had been through so many tragic happenings, but i don't think PD-nim had confidence to rewrite history, even he got a creative lisence to history, this action is not only to prevent the controversy and backslash of K-audience, but also to respect the Korean ancestor.
I always think there must be a good reason to justify historical Wang So's action. He purged all the noble clans, killed his brothers, nephews, advisors and his own son, then spending money lavishly to build numerous Buddhist temples and perform rituals and drove the kingdom into debt because he was so obsessed with that religion. And we all know that Buddhism believes in reincarnation and spirituality, right?  There must be something that caused him to obsess with it. In this case, maybe Wang So wanted to reunite with his long lost true love? :(

I've read in wiki and somewhere i forgot, he purged the rich clans who have been control the court since previous kings, then he gave chance to people to get positions in the court. It's written he was good king for his people. There are no mentioned about him killing his brothers. Though in his later life, he started to change to worse. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

sorry to cut your post, but well said indeed.

I will like to start some positive energy by starting a post to compliment the drama.

First up for praises:

1) the elaborate sets - man, they got an indoor pool! complete with steam and flowers! :D

2) the effort to go all over Korea to choose the best heritage places, for filming! Korea is not a small country, from Seoul to some of these other provinces, requires an hour by plane or 3-5 hour drive. Many of these places are remote, so they will have to bring lighting and power generators to do filming.

3) the ensemble casts - with so many princes to choose from, surely there will one for every kind of taste! haha.

4) the gorgeous costumes - IU kinda like have 1-2 dress per episodes? That girl sure has a large wardrobe! Even Joongi has more than a few masks. lol

5) the numerous osts - no matter whether they are suitable or nice, this is one of the drama that I am seeing so many osts!

Please post your compliments to start a positive movement too! 

6) the cinematography of several scenes - HS&Wook walking in snow  (angle of camera from high above), WS's killing spree at the temple, WS&HS scenes at the beautiful lake 

7) the huge cast of good looking people otherwise known as eye candies

8) taking viewers feedback seriously and released SBS version for Seoul market 

@junee22  As professionals, I hope they look at the feedback (sometimes known as criticism) and think hard if there's any truth in it, then take steps to improve their next project. Only people who cares will give feedback. If ratings is low and no one bothers to say anything, their work will never improve. 

• Like 17

@bebebisous33 -- Friend, what a great post on what was probably going through So's mind in that last few minutes. Totally agree about So seeing himself in Su's eyes. I do see some overlaps in our thinking too and not just about Uk.

I don't think he's a playboy at all though. In fact, it's the opposite. He's lived his life largely in books. He's a man of letters: books, poetry and writing. He probably has something of the scholar's naïveté. Lots of head knowledge but little practical experience. To me he's more like Romeo before the death of Mercutio.

I would definitely agree that he lacks concrete ideas on how he's supposed to work towards his happily-ever-after. Normally I don't worry about such things but he can't keep stringing Su along with nebulous promises indefinitely.

• Like 19

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I disagree with you. Yeon Hwa can't marry Yo because she would suffer the exact same fate than her mother. She would be a wife among others and she would be depend of Yo's good will. What Yeon Hwa wants is to become The Queen and not just Queen. She has the same dream than Queen Yoo, yet the latter never succeeded therefore she is trying to use Yo in order to become The Queen. And this is the other reason why Yeon Hwa can never marry Yo. When Yo becomes the king, the Queen will be his mother. She will be the one who shines the most.

This line reminds me of Game of Thrones. It's fitting since Moon Lovers also deals with a race to become king. :P

• Like 15

7 hours ago, aypopa said:

The funny thing is we all know what will happen we just what to see it how HS fall in love ...first kiss ...  hug omo i relly need that hahahah but i want to see this young Girl from 21 centure to Go after her man .... and this sexy princess melt for her ....i start my imagination so i must stop .....

But why monday is after 4 days why ....

• Like 15

Hi all, it's my first time here as I been a silent reader.

I just want to say a few things about this drama. I'm fan of LJK since my girl and been watching all his drama, but with SHR I'm a bit disappointed specially with the casting, I know it's too late to say this but the production tim should have cast a different female lead from the start. I like IU as a singer but I think IU is not ready for Saeguk drama yet.

and with the different version of the drama it makes viewers more confused. I don't care with low rating, don't mind with the OST but please do a better job with the editing.                                                                 I feel sorry for LJK and all the cast..

sorry for the long post and my bad English.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, outofspace said:

This line reminds me of Game of Thrones. It's fitting since Moon Lovers also deals with a race to become king. :P

In fact Yonghwa reminds me Cersei Lannister, she married Robert Baratheon for political issues and money. Robert needed money that the Lannisters could give him, and these, as well, wanted power so it was a marriage by mutual convenience. Yonghwa is ambitious, when the conflict between the brothers explode and she sees that it is Wang So who can give her the chance to be the queen, will not hesitate to propose or maybe accept be his wife, everything depends on how the writer and director manage this subject.

@bebebisous33 I really like your observations about why Wang So reacted in that way. Love is not what is in the eyes of Wang So at that moment, is fear. The little cracks inside are breaking even more when she sees him, and for a man like him who for years has instilled fear and toughness to everyone, including his siblings, is even more difficult.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot... I was afraid that people wouldn't understand.;) 

I don't know why but this drama makes me think a lot about Sartre, a French philosopher and writer. First, one of his famous quotes is: Hell is other people!

Sartre was implying that it is difficult to be among people, when external perception and self-perception are totally different. People tend to judge someone's actions totally differently the person is judging his own actions. This explains why for example Wang So likes being alone because he is avoiding to be confronted too often how people perceive and judge him.  

First a million apologies for cutting your post. 

It was not easy for them to reveal such a complex inner conflict with so much subtlety when the action unfolds so quickly. And a high praise for Lee Joon Gi. He realy was exceptional in that scene.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now I would like to comment on the last scene, where Wang Soo looks at Hae Soo and adds that he hates that look in her eyes... he hates it like crazy. Many asked for the meaning behind his comment so that someone answered that he was realising that the way she looked at him made him fall harder for her, which makes him more vulnerable and he can't stand it.

Even if this is a good explanation which I agree too, there is also something else to it. First of all, the look can be compared to a mirror, however the look as mirror doesn't reflect reality, but it is a transformed vision. When we look at people'eyes, we can see how they perceive us as well, how they can judge us. So the gaze gives us an external perception of ourselves. On the other hand, we get a certain self-perception as well because we see a little our own reflection. I hope, so far it is understandable. SELF-PERCEPTION + EXTERNAL

You can tell me what you think about it! Your opinion and feedback are welcome.

Sorry to cut your post. I like your interpretation and agree with you, I just wish the camera work was better if what you say is so. I can't see WS in her eyes from your posted photo, looks more like a camera image, but what he says then makes sense if he sees himself in her eyes. Since the director likes closeups so much I am surprised the camera didn't capture the reflected image here or maybe another editing mishap.

• Like 9

besides SAY YES songby punch & loco, I also find this song by AKMU has nice tune with some rap, actually I'm getting used to it after awhile (even I complained about the rap in the beginning hehe...), has it also been released ? can anyone share download link (please pm me) thank you 

• Like 17