[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Honeycam2016-09-1505-08-45.gif

I find the above a more satisfying translation of this exchange than the one I found on another site - ''I didn't think you would help me too, Prince So.'' ''It's not because I like you.... I just don't want to see you live a life controlled by others... It's really not worth living like that.. ''. We now have different subtitles to contend with as well as conflicting broadcasts.

I wonder which is the truer translation. I'm hoping the first.

Edit: Thanks to @fangurling123 for the clarification and providing the translation.

@Akiddo Love your post, you nailed Rouxi and 4th. Glad you decided to delurk and join us here :)

Thanks to @clarissasan for the fun quiz. It must be destiny who I got :D

yqbn2i3u2b.jpg
You are understanding towards other people and have a kind heart. You like to listen to people's story and being honest about your opinion. You have the ability to change people to be a better person and you don't judge people by their looks. 4th prince Wang So doesn't need beauty, wealth, or intelligence in a woman. He will fall in love with someone who will cherish him, accept him just the way he is and treat him like a friend.

Morning all, it's an early one for me... coffee2-smiley.gif

EDIT

@clarissasan Is 3rd an option? It would be hilarious to get him!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, violet90 said:

@valsava 

that what i thought too.. HS firat impression of WS is a hero for saving her well until he throws her off but HS NEVER asume or think WS is a bad guy..that's why she not afraid to interact with him.. for me she always have a special place for WS whether as a friend or someone she love.. 

she just need something to happen to realize that WS is someone special for her.. for now i think HS just feel responsible and understand him the most..

@violet90  WS was always a hero to her from the time she was held hostage by the asassin he told him to kill her little that she knew he was saving her I just didn't like the fact WW took credit in killing the asassin when WS had already talk him around.. He had to do it to make himself seem like a hero and to take credit for killing him.. Just think if WW hadn't kill him what WS would have accomplish for the King.. But WS still manage to get what he wanted when he rated out his evil mother was behind it all.. So when she start to understand the palace more and how things are and this is why she will fall for him after she feels betrayed of her love of WW and realize it has always been WS by her side all the time and see she understand him more then she ever did WW.. As they say looks can be decieving for both princes.. One can charnm the rattlers off a rattle snake and the other is a dance with the devil.. These two character is so very interesting.. 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Gitakawaii said:

I disagree about the whole WW giving that bracelet to HS to cover her scar, he gave that bracelet to her to remind her of the kind of relationship he wishes for them to have. I see that as WW feeling guilty because he even said he felt pathetic that he couldn't protect her all on his own. I think if WW wanted a perfect girl in HS he would have let her go a long time ago, especially now that she has a scar, she's clumsy and outspoken.  As for her wanting to learn how to write and read again Its no surprise to me because she's said it multiple times that's she's a fast learner and always eager to learn. I don't see it as her trying to impress wook, I also don't see anything wrong in her wanting to improve herself so that she can understand the way of living in that era even better. Haesoo is a smart and hard working girl, I think that's one of the main reason WW adores her. :) 

I agree. I also think that he gave her the bracelet as a protection so that he never looses her again. That scar is a constant reminder that she almost died and he almost lost her. He doesn't want her or himself to remember that so he gave her the protection bracelet to keep her safe and to remind her that he is always with her in the form of it.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, peacelovelove said:

Hi guys! I'm a new member and I'm so happy to be joining you to discuss on this beautiful drama! 

While waiting for the next episode, I can't stop looking at the preview of episode 8 and I have a crazy theory of what might happen and I need to know what you guys think about it...

Hide contents

First, this crazy idea came to me when I saw the picture posted by Gabi Bros on page 430.

In my opinion this picture is coming from episode 8 because Wang So costume is different from the one we saw him wearing in episode 7. (The costume is orange and the arms are black) So that means Hae Soo will probably come back water the trees and talk to them.

So after I saw this picture, the scene from episode 7 when Wang So is naming trees comes to my mind. He said "And this mulberry tree, the fruits make one pass gas. Fartie?" (Translations from drama love).

So knowing that Hae Soo tends to defend people who are mistreating, I think there is a possibility that Hae Soo will try to get revenge on the 3rd prince for what he did to Wang So by serving him "Fartie" fruit. (We can see in episode 7 that it's Hae Soo who  is serving tea to the 3rd prince...) Lol! If she serves him "Fartie" fruit and the 3rd prince begins to fart before the king and his brothers...The humiliation that he will feel...

And that idea might explain why we see in the preview of episode 8 the angry queen pulling Hae Soo hair with the 3rd prince behind her... And why BaekAh is smiling to Hae Soo and being secretive....And why we see Wang So dreaming again under the stars.... :P

What you guys think? Is this idea too crazy?

Your idea is so hilarious yet it does make sense in my opinion. It may sound a little crazy but I truly like it. OMG let's imagine that evil, arrogant WY is farting in front of the King and the others, what a scene it would make if that actually happens :D I'm pretty sure that man would never be able to forget and forgive such humiliation in his life and he would definitely seek a way to get his revenge on HS. But anyway, what a brilliant theory that you've come up with :lol:

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I find the above a more satisfying translation of this exchange than the one I found on another site - ''I didn't think you would help me too, Prince So.'' ''It's not because I like you.... I just don't want to see you live a life controlled by others... It's really not worth living like that.. ''. We now have different subtitles to contend with as well as conflicting broadcasts.

I wonder which is the truer translation. I'm hoping the first.

It's not the translations that are different, but the actual script that's different.  So says different things in the international version and SBS broadcast version.

• Like 11

good morning :)

yesterday the idea of a heartbreaking ending was just an idea, but today reading all your comments becomes more real ... So this is what happen in the novel and C drama ...

just one question: in the real history did the 4th King kill one of his brother? if not, why is HS thinking about this? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

Hi, just came out of lurking... the Crown Prince reigned after King Taejo which lasted for 2 years.... I am wondering if we are being given a premonition or a warning of how he would die.... Queen Yoo wanted one of her children to be king. The Crown Prince has allergies and the scene where he broke out in a skin rash and Soo helped him. She was told by Concubine OH to leave the room and as she was coming out of the Crown Prince room Queen Yoo happened to be passing by and saw her. Queen Yoo then went to peep through the curtains at the CP's room and heard him telling concubine Oh not to give the girl (Soo) a hard time as she just helped him relieve his pain. Just plain speculation here but historically Wang Yo became the 3rd king who is the son of Queen Yoo.The Crown Prince after becoming king was said to have died of disease. Just wondering... if Queen Yoo had anything to do with it and just pure speculation.... Queen Yoo scares me... 

@zenya22  HI my friend, Not to worry Queen Yoo scare a lot of us she is a piece of work and a half..I'm just thinking of all the Saguek's I've seen and how the Queen always have some kind of cold shoulder towards they second child but I never seen one that actually hated her second son as much as she so much unto she wants him dead never to be seen again.. With a mother like her enemies could be your best friends at least they are predictable.. SMH

So stay out of delurking mode I'm anticipating your thoughts..

36 minutes ago, peacelovelove said:

Hi guys! I'm a new member and I'm so happy to be joining you to discuss on this beautiful drama! 

While waiting for the next episode, I can't stop looking at the preview of episode 8 and I have a crazy theory of what might happen and I need to know what you guys think about it...

Reveal hidden contents

First, this crazy idea came to me when I saw the picture posted by Gabi Bros on page 430.

In my opinion this picture is coming from episode 8 because Wang So costume is different from the one we saw him wearing in episode 7. (The costume is orange and the arms are black) So that means Hae Soo will probably come back water the trees and talk to them.

So after I saw this picture, the scene from episode 7 when Wang So is naming trees comes to my mind. He said "And this mulberry tree, the fruits make one pass gas. Fartie?" (Translations from drama love).

So knowing that Hae Soo tends to defend people who are mistreating, I think there is a possibility that Hae Soo will try to get revenge on the 3rd prince for what he did to Wang So by serving him "Fartie" fruit. (We can see in episode 7 that it's Hae Soo who  is serving tea to the 3rd prince...) Lol! If she serves him "Fartie" fruit and the 3rd prince begins to fart before the king and his brothers...The humiliation that he will feel...

And that idea might explain why we see in the preview of episode 8 the angry queen pulling Hae Soo hair with the 3rd prince behind her... And why BaekAh is smiling to Hae Soo and being secretive....And why we see Wang So dreaming again under the stars.... :P

What you guys think? Is this idea too crazy?

Welcome to soompi and the thread..@peacelovelove

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

It's not the translations that are different, but the actual script that's different.  So says different things in the international version and SBS broadcast version.

different lines? OMO, they do 2 kinds of script? how? why? I dont like it ... WS is a man who speaks what he thinks in front of HS, so to have him thinking 2 different things is confusing about what is really happening with this character ...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

It's not the translations that are different, but the actual script that's different.  So says different things in the international version and SBS broadcast versions.

@MadraRua And just to add on to that... the SBS version subs which you like is from @fangurling123's translation to the pertinent scene, which gave us insight to that difference :) Thank you once again @fangurling123!

Which makes me wonder... what other changes in terms of dialogue might have existed between the international and SBS versions that we are not even privy to. Truly our loss as non-Korean speaking fans in that respect.

Incidentally Chinese fans who are watching both versions are currently lamenting the fact that the missing scenes are not translated as well. Certainly, the pain we feel is worldwide, which again makes me grateful for the fans we have here.

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, arabela said:

just one question: in the real history did the 4th King kill one of his brother? if not, why is HS thinking about this? 

The real Gwanjong killed several of  his brothers, relatives, nephews, close advisors and even his second son.  

Spoiler

He also killed General Park, who is played by Song Dong Il.

5 minutes ago, liddi said:

Which makes me wonder... what other changes in terms of dialogue might have existed between the international and SBS versions that we are not even privy to. Truly our loss as non-Korean speaking fans in that respect.

I think generally they are largely in sync.  The SBS versions are the re-edited versions after all the backlash.  I wonder if they had to call LJG back after production ended in order to re-record that voice part. Wonder what else they had to have him re-record.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

Hi, just came out of lurking... the Crown Prince reigned after King Taejo which lasted for 2 years.... I am wondering if we are being given a premonition or a warning of how he would die.... Queen Yoo wanted one of her children to be king. The Crown Prince has allergies and the scene where he broke out in a skin rash and Soo helped him. She was told by Concubine OH to leave the room and as she was coming out of the Crown Prince room Queen Yoo happened to be passing by and saw her. Queen Yoo then went to peep through the curtains at the CP's room and heard him telling concubine Oh not to give the girl (Soo) a hard time as she just helped him relieve his pain. Just plain speculation here but historically Wang Yo became the 3rd king who is the son of Queen Yoo.The Crown Prince after becoming king was said to have died of disease. Just wondering... if Queen Yoo had anything to do with it and just pure speculation.... Queen Yoo scares me... 

Queen Yoo has some psychopathic tendencies that's for sure! That became plainly obvious when we saw how callously she treated young Wang So's life- like he was bargaining chip and nothing more. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she has a hand in the crown prince's death. After all she's tried it before with wang yo at the ritual sword dance. What worries me more was the curious look on her face when she saw Hae Soo. It was definitely a look that said to me "I have a use for her."  I think Queen Yoo is either going to frame Hae soo for the Crown Prince's death or manipulate her into helping her by pretending to befriend her. Either way hae soo needs to watch out. Queen yoo is shady AF.

• Like 12

On 9/13/2016 at 8:02 PM, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

What I like about episode 7 is it's clearly highlighting haesoo growth as a character and showing her willingness to change by adapting herself better to fit in better in goryeo times and by doing so making her survival chance in palace goes higher. And fitting Princes interaction towards her stay in line with this main theme, because of that the transition between scene felt more natural and the story flows better. Such a leap improvement in quality compared to the choppy episode 6.

And I also like that this episode in parallel also showed us 4th Princes gradually adapting to the life in palace. It's like showing more common traits between these two as both is out of their elements and trying to adapt in order to survive in complicated palace life. 

Until now, 4th Prince only interact with other Princes during formal meetings related to family discussion, education, ritual, or other formal events. Other than that he still prefers to be alone. It's what he used to and more comfortable done. Haesoo is the first person he warms up with, breaking his icy exterior and making him believed that maybe the world is not as bad as he thinks. There're warm-hearted people that means no harm to him. Even if in previous episodes he didn't quite figure out yet what kind of feeling he has towards her, he still unconsciously opens up with her telling her story that even his family don't know. She probably the first person he make a normal conversation with, not as a basic courtesy or because of his status, but as himself. That is why it's kinda sweet and saddening at the same time that he mimics her every word commenting on prince's duty (when he scolding 14th prince) , talking about goryeo stars to jimong, and when he said home is where father, mother and siblings stays. Like haesoo is his benchmark of everything. Lol. He's like a cute little puppy cosplaying as Wolf in self-defence mechanism finally found his buddy that showering him with kindness, something he utterly crave all his life. 

That's why is so heartbreaking to see his first step seeking warmness in crowd, encourage by baekah his other ally that he finally learns to warms up with, ended with such a humiliation. 

I want to preserve his innocent relationship with soo a little longer. Not because I support wook, but I want their relationship to develop slower and stronger with time. Love comes with jealousy and angsty feeling, and if haesoo jump into another love so fast after wook it will make her character weird. Haesoo and So will be the end game for sure,  I don't mind if So only thought his feeling as unrequited for now it will be more interesting to see when haesoo realised his significance in her heart. 

Wook is like instant attractions to her, but So is like slow-burning love that last in a lifetime. 

Chingu @bingewatcherinsomniac, I believe your wish will come to pass about SoSoo's romance. This romance will be slow because Wang So will seduce her the only way he knows how is by honesty. Hae Soo doesn't know anything about this era. The prince's in her life are more knowledgable in what is proper and honarable. I envision WW breaking her heart or the King refusing to allow Hae Soo to be with WW because WW tried to stop the wedding on episode 6. Thaat day he asked him why he wanted to stop the wedding he was to scared to answer unlike when Wang So confessed to killing all these people got down on his knees without a second thought. WHen it comes to Hae Soo he is always unsure of what to do or plotting ways to assure he gets what he wants. The reason HS will slowly fall for Wang So is because he never plots but he is confident, honest and  ready to act on his plans. His actions towards her will always speak the loudest than WW affection behind close doors with Hae Soo.  teehee crazy rabbitteehee crazy rabbit

• Like 20

@clarissasan

mine is... BA and i am happy to have him.. :)

uowwgpmyzd.jpg
You are honest and will tell the truth about your opinion. You are also very talented and your passion towards art is no doubt. You have talents in art and so you will be a good partner for prince Baek Ah. He is skilled both in art, music, etc and he has a kind heart, that's why many girls like him. Your honest personality and bravery to speak the truth must make him falling in love with you because you're different than any other girls.
  • Like 14

10 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

The real Gwanjong killed several of  his brothers, relatives, nephews, close advisors and even his second son.  

Hide contents

He also killed General Park, who is played by Song Dong Il.

Since this drama is using history creatively, I wonder if they will rewrite history. In the six minute trailer Hae Soo seems to be talking a lot about changing the future and stopping the brothers from killing each other. Sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in that plan. I've seen enough time travel series to know that time traveler's efforts are usually useless (because the future can't be changed).

But what does everybody else predict will happen?

Will Hae Soo be able to change history or will she fail?

• Like 8

On 9/13/2016 at 8:25 PM, marie67 said:

I swear, Jun Ki taking off his mask was so intimate my heartbeat accelerated. I loved the fact that only HS was able to look him in the eyes, that's what he hates. He isn't used to people looking him directly in the eye. That was such a hot scene, and everytime he comes onscreen I get excited LOL. He is just that perfect, and thiBAes character is so sexy and charming, it's a lethal combination. 

I agree chingu, it was very intimate. By watching him removing his mask slowly then raising his head so they can see his scar. Lee Joon Gi did a great job at performing this scene so raw and intense. His fear of letting the woman he loves see him scar and getting ready to see  'HORROR THROUGH HER EYES"  He wasb't ready to see her looking at him without fear, but with compassion and understanding. He bared his soul in that room but none of his family members were able to look him in the face except for that evil brother (Wang Yo ) of his. Another brother I will never like but is a good pretender (Wang Won).  Wang Won is a coward and disgusting he turned away and laughed because he isn't as brave as Wang Yo. I know he is another brother who will die because he has no manners. Wang Mu, Yeonhwa,  Wang Eun, Baek Ahn couldn't look but  felt bad for him. 

• Like 19

Just now, thenagain said:

Since this drama is using history creatively, I wonder if they will rewrite history. In the six minute trailer Hae Soo seems to be talking a lot about changing the future and stopping the brothers from killing each other. Sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in that plan. I've seen enough time travel series to know that time traveler's efforts are usually useless (because the future can't be changed).

too sad, history can't be changed. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, thenagain said:

in history, Wang Yo and Wang So actually join force to bring down the crown prince (don't know exactly the real reason). Wang Yo manage to ascend the throne but only be the king for 3 years, before Wang So took over. Wang So was more known as emperor probably because of his reformation. And base on history, Wang So kill his 9th brother. I am not so sure about other brothers. But ya, he kills quite many of his brothers, relatives etc. N the real Gwangjong married to Yeon Hwa which later be known as Queen Daemuk. 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, thenagain said:

Since this drama is using history creatively, I wonder if they will rewrite history. In the six minute trailer Hae Soo seems to be talking a lot about changing the future and stopping the brothers from killing each other. Sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in that plan. I've seen enough time travel series to know that time traveler's efforts are usually useless (because the future can't be changed)

In the C-version, Zhang Xiao tries to change history but the result is still the same.  Given the cartoonish tone that the Korean version seems to be taking so far and given that the production company seems to have been targeting the idol fan group as its audience, it wouldn't surprise me that the Korean version takes a lighter turn and Hae Soo does indeed succeed in changing history.  I think that's where Jimong plays an instrumental part.

• Like 10