[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Good morning everyone! Just droppin' by to say Hi! And have a happy Friday! Counting the days till its Moonday!

On 9/15/2016 at 6:02 AM, solelylurking said:

Next week, I hope Wook able to catch up with Soo and So. I hope So sees the jade bracelet. I hope Wook claim Soo as his so So's jealousy can begin. I hope despite all that So wouldn't care less like he always did and still persue Soo.

This is what the drama lack of: the confrontation between the first and second lead male. 

If this is true, that WW will see the situation and ask WS to let go of HS, this is the 2nd time that he asked him to let HS go. Wasn't there a part on the trailer that WS said for HS to brace herself as the next time he will not let go? :blush: OMG I'm so excited for the tension. :heart:

I enjoyed reading everyone insights on the latest episode and past episode. I'm excited to read more. Keep 'em coming!

Moon Lovers! Hwaiting!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, gihwayujo said:

hae soo's name...according to this wiki....

it means TREE.

解樹

*looks at @Joongier post *

if you even want to consider her family name hae...it means understanding....

HAHAHA.

I wonder if there is any significance when he told her about his tree "pat pat" which he burned for survival.  A portent of what is to come? 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, hiluna said:

I wonder if there is any significance when he told her about his tree "pat pat" which he burned for survival.  A portent of what is to come? 

that's plausible. he might do something that would hurt her (i can't remember the c-drama synopsis well but the 4th did deliver a punishment to ruoxi and she died not being able to see him because she thought he hated her). scarlet heart ryeo really is a lot fluffier compared to the original novel/c-drama so we really won't know if the ending will be as harsh. i think it's more than likely go ha jin has to make it back to the present day in the last episode and i have no idea how she's going to do that aside from getting herself into another life-death situation during an eclipse...

although, i kinda saw the scene as how he was just trying to tell her something lighthearted so he tried to crack a joke with tree names ("fartie" the mulberry tree...haha...). he then tried to give her some details about his life (which also means he's starting to trust her). but his lighthearted attempt did not end well since his story ended up with him burning a tree that he was kinda fond of for the sake of survival. it just shows you this guy doesn't have much fond memories in his lifetime and it's likely his interactions with soo might be the best he's ever gotten in his harsh life :/

• Like 18

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

erm, the problem is, when she was looking at the moon, she said she like him, wants to be with him :tears: He is handsome, kind, scholarly and a perfect gentleman....

Hi  I wanna share my opinion about that scene, if you don't mind.. hehe :D

I think that scene not about HaeSoo thinking about Wook when she look at the moon. It was HaeSoo confrontation with herself about being HaJin or HaeSoo.
At first we can see that she thinking about Wook then... accidentally she look at the window "beautiful moon". 
The one who look at the moon happily is HaJin, He look at that happily, but then.... the focus are at her arm and bracelet. Suddenly her face change. May I say "a little bit uncertain"?. 
She come back as HaeSoo, think that she have the bracelet that Wook give to her to make her wait. Then she said herself "even if I wait I'm happy, I like him, I'm okay being HaeSoo (not Hajin) if I was with him". 
And the rest of the scene show HaeSoo not looking at the "lonely moon" again. She only focused on her bracelet and tell herself that she will be okay.

That was my point of view at moon scene. Hehehe. I think moon not WangSo or WangWook. It was herself... HaJin...
That is why WangSo love looking at the moon, because he can look at Hajin all the night hahahhaha #just ignore this one.

thank you ;) 

• Like 8

@MAROSA_JIN  "It's episode 7 and their (WooSo)  romance is still progressing--is this drama trolling me?" Thank you for that post, I feel that this describes my thoughts perfectly. It's nothing personal Kang Ha-neul, it's just your character is in the way of my OTP. But I suppose, he will bring out jealousy in WS prompting him to act, so I thank you for that in advance. 

• Like 15

i read on IG, there's a video that told me about Ruoxi died and 4th prince couldn't even look at her until she died. She suddenly woke up in the present and looked at the museum where the 4th prince and other stuff while she was also there but the lucky scene was the reincarnation of 4th prince, the man who resembles a lot with 4th prince shown up in the museum

CAN WE GET THIS ENDING WRITERNIM ? I WANNA SEE LEE JUN KI IN MODERN OUTFIT :(

• Like 11

i already read all of the discussion and man they are a lot of it..

about WS reaction when HS stare at him back... for me and this solely my opinion...

when Eun said HS said that WS will give him anything that when WS actually decide to remove the mask.. whether he do this because of him and HS promise to Eun but i think its more on how HS see him as someone who don't break a promise like she said.. in a way he remove it because of HS.. 

• WS just realised before this scene is HS is someone special for him i don't think that he know its love but she is someone that he care more than all people in that room.. he already expected the reaction in that room that's why he just seem "i already know it" but HS just stare at him with a realization how broken he is.. that hurt him more than he thought..
  • HS point of view.. all this time she only interact with WS only without other.. she never actually realize how outcast or how the scar effect him.. she always treat WS the same but now seeing how actually fragile WS is about his scar and about his brother really touched her heart. its not pity but understanding how worse WS being treated because of the scar..
  • HS eyes always look at WS without a judgement and that what WS liked being around her.. she treated him the same.. scold him or talk back.. the scar or the fact he kill people never bothered HS.. but that scene changed how she look at him.. that what he hate the most.. the fact that HS now someone that he care the most also make him go crazy too..

this is what i look at when WS mean he hate it... also how heartbreaking WS is when he said that... its just hurt him and imagine how he will became if HS died or left him.. :cry:

• Like 15

1 minute ago, violet90 said:

i already read all of the discussion and man they are a lot of it..

about WS reaction when HS stare at him back... for me and this solely my opinion...

when Eun said HS said that WS will give him anything that when WS actually decide to remove the mask.. whether he do this because of him and HS promise to Eun but i think its more on how HS see him as someone who don't break a promise like she said.. in a way he remove it because of HS.. 

• WS just realised before this scene is HS is someone special for him i don't think that he know its love but she is someone that he care more than all people in that room.. he already expected the reaction in that room that's why he just seem "i already know it" but HS just stare at him with a realization how broken he is.. that hurt him more than he thought..
  • HS point of view.. all this time she only interact with WS only without other.. she never actually realize how outcast or how the scar effect him.. she always treat WS the same but now seeing how actually fragile WS is about his scar and about his brother really touched her heart. its not pity but understanding how worse WS being treated because of the scar..
  • HS eyes always look at WS without a judgement and that what WS liked being around her.. she treated him the same.. scold him or talk back.. the scar or the fact he kill people never bothered HS.. but that scene changed how she look at him.. that what he hate the most.. the fact that HS now someone that he care the most also make him go crazy too..

this is what i look at when WS mean he hate it... also how heartbreaking WS is when he said that... its just hurt him and imagine how he will became if HS died or left him.. :cry:

Wang So is like an open book every time he's with Hae Soo. Soo is like mending his soul and his whole heart for everything he had been through. Soo is the only one who can say no to him even when she's actually can say yes for him. but the writer put them in the friend zoned instead until episode 7. 

• Like 10

in BBJX 4th did a lot of thing that hurt Ruoxi but he did not intentionally want to hurt her.. its something that he HAVE to do as a king but Ruoxi mind work differently with 4th mind so she disagree with a lot of thing also 4th punish a lot of people that Ruoxi care.. that does't help their relationship either.. 

also i want to highlight that its not because 4th prince cannot make Ruoxi a consort he choose not to give title for her.. because he do not want Ruoxi to involved in palace games and he just want to have a normal relationship with her..

i think this something that we going to see in this drama too.. HS mind is really pure and naive.. just like the scene where Eun ask WS to remove the mask she still thinking about Eun who clearly wrong to have a chance to apologize for that... her mind work differently than all the prince and WS.. its have pro and con but when you have a relationship with a KING it will make you suffer.. HS mind will never get why WS will do such thing and it slowly will ruin them.. 

its just bound to happen.. love between time never work well because we are different in a lot of thing.. no matter how deep WS love HS or vice versa there are thing that they can't control and changed.. that's why their love will be a heart wrenching one.. cause in the end they both going to hurt each other..

cue the scream pls make them happy!!!!! 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@gihwayujo glad you brought up the literal meaning of hanja characters. So not sure if you can help but still puting the question-

As we saw hanja chacracter of Wook means Morning Sun . What do hanja character So and Soo means ? 

As gihwayujo mentioned, So's Chinese character also has the word sun in it. The meaning overall is one of calling. However I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their names because they were real names of the princes historically.

Haesoo Chinese name is 解树。That surname ha  is highly uncommon and I wondered why they used it but now that I think about it,Hae in Korean has the meaning of Doing something.

Hence it seems to give HS an active personality of being a person who take action.

For the word Soo, they have chosen the Chinese word for tree. Again an unusual name to be used by a girl. It's interesting now that So talks about his relationship with trees. (Soo as a sound is a fav name in Korea, e.g soo hyun, soo min, soo jin)

When both hae n soo are combined, the meaning is profound, it becomes Understanding the Tree.:)

• Like 12

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

First, thanks for the compliment ;)and like you, since I like reading other opinions. :w00t:

Back to your comment: I agree with you. He couldn't ask Hae Soo to marry him right after her death. So, no he can't be blamed for the marriage fiasco. However, I was surprised that he never asked for the groom's identity. Why didn't he ask for it? Only through Wang Eun and Wang Jung, he heard that the future husband would be 60 years old and have many children. That's why he decided to take Hae Soo away.

To me, he missed the timing... he should have done it much earlier, when lady Hae was still alive. I know, it sounds weird, but back then, having two wives was common and if she had asked for it, then this meant that she was okay with that.

Then I noticed something: Wang Wook is the one who is the one initiating physical contact with her (except in the episode 3). In the episode 7, he touched her shoulder, he took her wrist in order to put the bracelet, he kissed her head and he hugged her. In the episode 6, he took her hands many times. In the episode 4, he touched her shoulder and he was about to kiss her. So he is always trying to be as close as possible to her. But because he was married, Hae Soo moved her shoulder, when he touched her. She  tried to avoid any physical contact with him, as long as lady Hae was alive. After her death, she is still very passive towards him. She allows him to touch her, but she is not seeking him to have some physical contact. 

On the other hand, the opposite happens with Wang So. I have noticed that she is the one initiating the contact from the episode 4 on. Since from the start, he touched her many times (saving her from falling, then pushing her down, touched her wrist in order to stop her from slapping, he took her face in his hand, when he was mad at her aso) and he was not very gentle, I believe, she got used to have physical contact with him. Therefore from the moment she stopped him from destroying the stone piles, she started touching him more often. She took his hand and touched his arms. In the latest episode, she even took his hand again in order to stop him from leaving. She never tried to pull a wall between herself and him, and that's another difference between Wang Wook and Wang So.

Like I mentioned it above, her problem was that back then Wang Wook was a married man and since she had just arrived from the 21st century, she was not used to polygamy. In my opinion, she will accept this custom, as time passes on and she will accept that Wang So makes Yeon hwa the Queen because she will have more knowledge about the implications and the political stuff. Right now, she is still that innocent and trusting woman. 

He did ask actually, but Hae soo uncle just said he is someone powerful who had help their clan. They said they are so thankful that there is a man who wants to take an orphan like soo as a bride. (Orphan girls also like a taboo back then i guess). I think he doesn't expect the person to be so old. Also during those time its prob unappropriate to ask too much. 

Regarding marrying Soo when his wife is still alive, i think it is not appropriate to do it especially when his wife is sick (tho lady Hae is the one suggesting it). He is a considerate guy so its expected from him.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, qwenli said:

As gihwayujo mentioned, So's Chinese character also has the word sun in it. The meaning overall is one of calling. However I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their names because they were real names of the princes historically.

Haesoo Chinese name is 解树。That surname ha  is highly uncommon and I wondered why they used it but now that I think about it,Hae in Korean has the meaning of Doing something.

Hence it seems to give HS an active personality of being a person who take action.

For the word Soo, they have chosen the Chinese word for tree. Again an unusual name to be used by a girl. It's interesting now that So talks about his relationship with trees. (Soo as a sound is a fav name in Korea, e.g soo hyun, soo min, soo jin)

When both hae n soo are combined, the meaning is profound, it becomes Understanding the Tree.:)

yeah those are real names of real people who existed but after looking at it very closely it looks like the writer of the tv series chose to characterise them based off their names a little bit. there's obviously some creative license here when they omit all the other princes (after all there're supposed to be 25 princes? pretty sure some are confirmed dead, 2 who is the first born son of queen yoo and therefore oldest brother of 3, 4, 14. the rest are probably stationed in military positions outside of the palace. and the youngest ones are likely still children so they hang out with their mothers/teachers. 10, 13, 14 and all in their 20s irl but i think they are meant to portray ages 15-19 in the series).

originally i could not understand how they managed to find enough parallels between korean and chinese history to properly adapt the story (they needed a time period where the 4th prince of a kingdom ascends the throne). although i'd dare to argue, historically, that gwangjong probably had a longer and more successful reign than yongzheng (who was sandwiched between kangxi and qianlong, two very very famous emperors). hae soo can't remember her history lessons perfectly and they usually just teach you about the famous kings in junior high :P so, to her knoweldge, gwangjong came after taejo even though there were two emperors in between.

also in regards to the female name name soo (tree), i'm not sure how commonly used that hanja is for girl names. but i do know someone named mi-su whose hanja is tree :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ruzikie said:

this is Wang So and Soo ? Why he suddenly wear the white color ? Isn't Wookie instead ? @violet90

Is Wang So. In episode 8 preview he is wearing white clothes so now I'm thinking that this scene maybe is going to happen on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers for that  waiting onion head

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 15