[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

• On 9/7/2016 at 6:08 PM, shiraru said:
    • Found the video of that IU eating gif~~~~~ also, the way Lee Junki tearing the chicken apart with his mouth just seems so manly, hehehee.... :wub:
    •  
    • MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE VIDEO.

Was this an out take??? It looks like it might have been an amusing scene to watch... 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jun-soo said:

hello fellow fans of moon lovers. I am a lurker of this forum, I keep coming back to this page to read your opinions, feedbacks, pov and not to forget the spoilers hahaha. I haven't made a comeback to soompi since Another Oh Hae Young and that was months ago lol. I must admit, I've fallen in love, deep deep deep love with this drama <3

Anyway, just want to ask whether the original version (the novel and C-drama) is based on true history? It amazed me that k-version is following very closely (as for now) to c-version without leaving out the Goryeo history.

P.S I never watch/read the c-version.

I would recommend that you don't bother knowing more about the C-version, you will enjoy this drama more that way.  The characters of the 4th princes are very different so I hope the ending will also be very different because there is more friendship and interaction between WS and HS right from the start than the two leads in C-version. I would say it follows the novel to some extent but that is about it.

• Like 20

I find it funny when people analyze the 1000 year old era with modern ethics and equality....

There is no such thing as freedom to all. Especially to women.

But its great that drama determined to keep those things low and keep the romance high.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Rewatching Episode 7 and noticed that both our WW and WS were searching for HS in the group of court ladies during Eun's B'day feast. My two lovesick babies. :heart:

The song that was playing during that scene, was is sang by AKMU? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

thats perfectly said for WS as he is not good with words he does not like to be judged cause he knows he cant revert it back in words and his actions will have severe consequences. may be here HS will help him and tone down his ways to respond not always with actions but words too (we can see in hill top date he WS was caught off guard and put another question when HS tried to confront abt his Temple carnage)

I don't agree with you that WS is not good with words, he is very good at responding to Yo's attacks when it comes to defending the weaker members of his family. I think he is just smart and chooses to speak onlywhen neccessary.

• Like 18

Another poll asking us which we like better Moon Lovers or Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.

I truly do not like these polls. Why pitch them one against the other?

I can understand when DramaFever puts up the poll with Moon Lovers, because they are the content provider, so they want to know which drama their viewers are more excited about, (was it a good investment on their part... should they bring more drama with these leads, etc...), and also which drama to promote.

But anyway, here is the latest poll, asking viewers to choose between Moon Lovers and Moonlight.

https://kpople.com/love-in-the-moonlight-vs-moon-lovers/

40 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I would recommend that you don't bother knowing more about the C-version, you will enjoy this drama more that way.  The characters of the 4th princes are very different so I hope the ending will also be very different because there is more friendship and interaction between WS and HS right from the start than the two leads in C-version. I would say it follows the novel to some extent but that is about it.

@hiluna, I agree with you.
The one thing I liked in the Chinese version better, is that the Emperor had more screen time. He was an integral part of the story (while he was alive). I feel Jo Min-Gi is such a wonderful and powerful actor, I wish they gave him more screen time.

CsWc_HQUsAAJLtJ.jpg

CsWa2xQVUAA67pF.jpg

CsWbREmVMAESrpw.jpg

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I don't agree with you that WS is not good with words, he is very good at responding to Yo's attacks when it comes to defending the weaker members of his family. I think he is just smart and chooses to speak onlywhen neccessary.

what I said was he is not good with words when he is being confronted for his own actions. all the scenes where he could speak up was when he was defending a weaker by attacking opposite stronger one, where his actions are not questioned. And he does not have to justify - clarify his own actions

(or may be there are is  more to his verbal side that i dint notice.. then ill have to rewatch episode...)

• Like 12

@hiluna I agree with you that Wang So can speak very well for himself and for others. The way he talked to his father in order to stop the wedding is another proof that he is good with words. On the other hand, I understand why @KdramaSwimmer was saying that he is not good with words. In my opinion, Wang So is not able to express his feelings therefore he is struggling in that matter: "if you do it again, I'll never forgive you". IT sounds like a thread, but he is actually worrying about her. So his words don't match with his feelings. He could never show his true feelings to others, he always had to hide these, that's why when he is talking to Hae Soo, he always appears rude and more coldhearted. Notice how he took Hae Soo's wrist in the episode 7. First, he was really rude, but he noticed that he was hurting her and he stopped to put some pressure on her wrist. You could sense that he was trying to be more gentle.

• Like 20

@skxz your detailed analysis about YH has so much information that I could never observed before and thanks for bringing it to our notice.

To Add..we know she is villain (and in drama there has to be a villain to make hero prove him mighty) besides this she is also one strong character who cant be ignored. she has so much up her sleeves n her brain that she can do anything at any moment and that can make the game in her favor, and no one can predict what she is thinking let alone prepare a counter attack. She is going to play a important role in this WS-HS-Throne triangle .

And please do an analysis on WW, WS and HS too...gonna love to know more about them.

@qwenli to add in the list my positives are Action scenes amazingly done by LJK, and as much as I admire his skills I must say the team working behind to train him for those scene is doing remarkable job.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

Next week, I hope Wook able to catch up with Soo and So. I hope So sees the jade bracelet. I hope Wook claim Soo as his so So's jealousy can begin. I hope despite all that So wouldn't care less like he always did and still persue Soo.

This is what the drama lack of: the confrontation between the first and second lead male. 

Hoping the same..So seeing the bracelet and as we know Wook is following HS. He will again interrupt the moment (as he did in past when WS almost choked HS after assassin killing) but this time I doubt WS will leave her to be. He will do something authoritative to bother wook.

So can we imagine and share it here what can be the nex scene after WS holding HS by injured wrist and WW following HS. Can we say Wook will shout at WS and force him to leave HS ? Will WS leave HS or he will do something ??? so much to think and my brain has stopped...

me better go to sleep...its 1 am here...annyong chingus...

• Like 14

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

As conclusion, he can't stand her gaze for three reasons:

- he hates to see himself in her as he hates himself

- for the first time, his external perception is really important because Hae Soo has such influence in his life

- Wang So realises, how Hae Soo perceives him: someone who needs comfort and empathy, but she doesn't love him back.

This is painful for him. I hope, this was understandable to read. All this leads me to come to the conclusion that

- he needs to accept himself and overcome his inferiority complex

- he needs to change Hae Soo's view about him, so that he will change his behaviour towards her. She needs to see him as a man and as a man in love with her. Since Wang So is more a man of action, we can expect why he will become more physical with her.

You can tell me what you think about it! Your opinion and feedback are welcome.

@Yongzura @littleloonydid you read this comment?

Thanks @bebebisous33 for the heads up :) I just quoted a part of your post for the sake of brevity. Its really interesting you pointed out how WS has the advantage of self perception and perception by the other, both at the same time when he locks eyes with HS. I hadnt thought of it like that but its quite possible you are right. He has always known how others percieve him, but he may have never really thought about how he looks at himself. He may be having the sudden realisation as he looks into HS's gaze that his own perception of himself is very low and that cannot be a welcome thought to have. In addition he must be burdened by another realisation that he doesnt want HS to look at him and feel that he is a charity case and pity him......the point I highlighted in ur post. He may yet not be consciously aware that what he feels for HS is love, but even so he cannot want to appear pitiful in front of the woman who is undoubtedly special to him, for I think he has never pitied HS and her various predicaments.......he has always been awed, admiring and amazed by her. There can be no greater hurt/ discomfort than knowing your beloved doesnt love you back but definitely pities you.

The thing is I am dying to know if our speculations about that scene are true......so I hope that in the next epi they make it clear what he meant, either by elaborating his dialogue or HS asking him or some other means because that will surely be a most direct insight into how he feels- about HS, about himself and that state of his awareness.

• Like 18

@40somethingahjumma Amen to your last post!! :):wub: I feel the same way like you... I wanted to point out Wang Wook's flaws because on the surface, he seems to be the perfect husband and it is well known that people with a smile leaves a better impression than people who looks more grumpy.  Wang Wook was also introduced as the best man by Chae Ryun therefore Hae soo and others are misled. On the other hand, this doesn't mean that Wang So is without flaws too. He is much more active than Wang Wook, but his actions are sometimes ruthless and violent. He is definitely more hot-tempered and too emotional. 

Moon Lovers has now become my favourite drama, I am looking forward for the fight among the princes. I loved the fight scenes in the earlier episodes...

• Like 19

1 minute ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@gihwayujo glad you brought up the literal meaning of hanja characters. So not sure if you can help but still puting the question-

As we saw hanja chacracter of Wook means Morning Sun . What do hanja character So and Soo means ? 

oh i forgot to add the meanings! i will go edit my post now hahaha

i haven't seen soo's hanja yet so i can't tell. but so's hanja means shining light. wook literally means rising/morning sun, yes.

• Like 7