[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

The princess is definitely a intriguing character. Loved both of your reflections and I mostly agree! But I differ in one point: I still do not think that YH wants to use/manipulate SO to her advantage. Yes, she wants to change him but more so that he is accepted by society and not for her own selfish gain (yet). It makes YH sad that SO is marginalized thats why she wants to change him and not accept him as he is, hence what @briseissaid. 

I'd rather think that SO is her weak point!! She is manipulative, calm and collected but when it's about SO she has to try hard not to reveal herself. I'm sure we will soon see what stupid things she will do just to be next to him.

Let's face it, yes she is an evil snooty richard simmons resulting from her shitty personality combined with her past and precarious/low position but she is still a human with feelings. 

I feel indignant for Wang So when Yeon Hwa said she wants to turn him into a human.

It just goes to show how she sees him now...as a savage.

• Like 13

Agree about Lady Oh, I think she will be Hae Soo's ally. Remember the scene where Lady Oh asked why Hae Soo opted to get out of the marriage when she can live in comfort if she did marry and told her that she'd receive punishment for disobeying the king? At first I think she looks down on Hae Soo for opting out and slightly belittles Hae Soo's belief about "choosing her own path.", but she seems stunned at her firm answer and the way Hae Soo said,"I don't have regrets. I protect what I wanted, I must pay the price.". At the end of the scene, deep down, I think Lady Oh admires Hae Soo for that.

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, magdale said:

Hae Soo came from suffering a heartbreak and her friend's betrayal when she arrived to Goryeo, so it was not hard for her develop feelings for Wang Wook because he treated her well and was tender when she most needed, unlike Wang So who always threatened and even throw her from the horse. She is fascinated for WW as it would be a teenage girl with her favorite singer at whom she idealizes, but it is not the same admiration than a profound love, and in the case of Hae Soo it is more the first than the second. I'm not saying that she doesn't feel something special for Wang Wook, yes she feels and maybe is equal to be in love, but it is different as something that remain still and you have the security that will not change. But in the case of Wang So, it's as if her whole being stirred and moved in his direction, it is the unknown of what you should fear, but draws you like a magnet and you cannot help it. And the more she sees him vulnerable, she will want to help and be close to him.

finally someone read my mind about this. His venerable side already had seen by her so it's like wether they aren't together or not, Hae Soo already understand about him.

@bebebisous33 @Phuc Nguyen thanks for the explanation. i was aware she would be another reason of Soo would be in dangerous but i think she would make good cut for Hae Soo or maybe she would know about Soo relationship to Wook and So as well :D 

• Like 14

Later, wang so will be king and yeon hwa become queen daemok (wang so's wife) it means they will be a couple,

yeon hwa (kang hana) is really pretty, but i don't like her role in moon lover, because she looks cocky and fox sly

anyone can tell me, instead of wang yo (3rd prince), why is it wang so (4th) who become a king?

how goryeo choose their crown prince? by vote, king's decision, or something

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But why does she want to change him? Why can she not accept him as he is? It's because she needs him as someone who is accepted by society. Therefore I say that she is using him. She needs him to be presentable so that she can use him as her weapon to become Queen. That's why I consider it as a selfish motivation. She is not really interested in his true personality and feelings. What matters to her is social status. Look at the way she treats people: for her, social status is essential therefore f. ex. she abuses her power over Hae Soo to send her away (episode 7).

Yeon hwa wants him to be interested in her because this would reveal that Wang So might be interested in the Crown and Goryeo. Right now, Wang So is more focused on survival and being accepted by his family. Yeon hwa is definitely not sensitive enough to notice his trauma. She only looks at his scar and mask, while Hae Soo has seen him through. Yeon Hwa's perception of Wang So is wrong: she considers him as cold, cunning and level-headed, as someone similar to her because it is also based on his actions and rumours. For her, he only needs more polishing: better manners and education. The origin of her misjudgement comes from her personality: she is more self-centered and selfish, that's why she is only thinking on how achieving her goal. 

Totally agree with you!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

Later, wang so will be king and yeon hwa become queen daemok (wang so's wife) it means they will be a couple,

yeon hwa (kang hana) is really pretty, but i don't like her role in moon lover, because she looks cocky and fox sly

anyone can tell me, instead of wang yo (3rd prince), why is it wang so (4th) who become a king?

Wang So won't become king before Crown Prince (943-945) and Prince Yo (945-949). It is first the king's decision to chose the Crown Prince among all his sons. Once chosen, the Crown prince becomes the king after his father's death. However, Mu will struggle because of his brother Yo who has a powerful clan behind his back, unlike Wang Mu. Moreover, I believe, he will ask for the support of his brothers, 14th prince, 9th prince and 8th prince. 

about the other question: the scar doesn't look that bad, but I believe that since he is a prince, he shouldn't have a scar on his face because it can be seen as a bad karma. I believe, people are not upset about scars, generally speaking, but more upset that his scar is on his face. I can imagine that people think that it brings unfortune and the gods are against him.

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But why does she want to change him? Why can she not accept him as he is? It's because she needs him as someone who is accepted by society. Therefore I say that she is using him. She needs him to be presentable so that she can use him as her weapon to become Queen. That's why I consider it as a selfish motivation. She is not really interested in his true personality and feelings. What matters to her is social status. Look at the way she treats people: for her, social status is essential therefore f. ex. she abuses her power over Hae Soo to send her away (episode 7).

Yeon hwa wants him to be interested in her because this would reveal that Wang So might be interested in the Crown and Goryeo. Right now, Wang So is more focused on survival and being accepted by his family. Yeon hwa is definitely not sensitive enough to notice his trauma. She only looks at his scar and mask, while Hae Soo has seen him through. Yeon Hwa's perception of Wang So is wrong: she considers him as cold, cunning and level-headed, as someone similar to her because it is also based on his actions and rumours. For her, he only needs more polishing: better manners and education. The origin of her misjudgement comes from her personality: she is more self-centered and selfish, that's why she is only thinking on how achieving her goal. 

I would say that this character as of now is not very developed yet however based on what she said so far and the bits of information that has to be given, you can say that Yeon Hwa has a strong trauma based on being chased out, hiding and almost dying ( Wang Wook mentioned when he first killed somebody). As such, she has a strong sense of insecurity and fears getting abandoned or killed at any point of time, thus to her if you look at it from the perspective of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, she still has not fulfilled basic needs of security to bother about higher order needs like love and care and concern for others. 

Thus, while she may prefer Wang So if she is to marry anyone, she is very realistic about things, thus, her primary aim at present is to get Wang Wook to be king as they are direct siblings. She still has some hope that she can marry Wang So thus all the attempts to test the water with him through her questions but this does not override her survival needs thus he has to fit into the bigger scheme of things ie being socially acceptable and moving towards direction of being king. 

Fundamentally, the reason why she acts differently from Hae Soo e.g. reaction towards Wang So's face is probably the case of conditioning and values. In modern society, it comes from a place of trust and though news and social media, we are exposed to various images thus a face like Wang So is probably no big deal and Hae Soo can believe the way she behave despite the betrayal she received from her boyfriend and good friend is due to the fact that she generally still trust people. However, during the Goryeo era, people especially royals probably are kept rather isolated and do not trust other people in general, thus given the taboo in seeing people who are scarred, it is probably the first time Yeon Hwa and the princes are seeing a scarred people which makes their reaction actually perfectly normal. In that upbringing, conditioning and level of distrust, it is also not surprise that the people are all generally self-centered, cold and unhelpful as being helpful and kind gives others the feeling that you are easily bullied or weak.

In general, thus, I do think that Yeon Hwa's behaviour as far is actually quite expected and if she was to actually accept Wang So for who he is, then that would truly be out of character.

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, theonlyone88 said:

I would say that this character as of now is not very developed yet however based on what she said so far and the bits of information that has to be given, you can say that Yeon Hwa has a strong trauma based on being chased out, hiding and almost dying ( Wang Wook mentioned when he first killed somebody). As such, she has a strong sense of insecurity and fears getting abandoned or killed at any point of time, thus to her if you look at it from the perspective of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, she still has not fulfilled basic needs of security to bother about higher order needs like love and care and concern for others. 

Thus, while she may prefer Wang So if she is to marry anyone, she is very realistic about things, thus, her primary aim at present is to get Wang Wook to be king as they are direct siblings. She still has some hope that she can marry Wang So thus all the attempts to test the water with him through her questions but this does not override her survival needs thus he has to fit into the bigger scheme of things ie being socially acceptable and moving towards direction of being king. 

Fundamentally, the reason why she acts differently from Hae Soo e.g. reaction towards Wang So's face is probably the case of conditioning and values. In modern society, it comes from a place of trust and though news and social media, we are exposed to various images thus a face like Wang So is probably no big deal and Hae Soo can believe the way she behave despite the betrayal she received from her boyfriend and good friend is due to the fact that she generally still trust people. However, during the Goryeo era, people especially royals probably are kept rather isolated and do not trust other people in general, thus given the taboo in seeing people who are scarred, it is probably the first time Yeon Hwa and the princes are seeing a scarred people which makes their reaction actually perfectly normal. In that upbringing, conditioning and level of distrust, it is also not surprise that the people are all generally self-centered, cold and unhelpful as being helpful and kind gives others the feeling that you are easily bullied or weak.

In general, thus, I do think that Yeon Hwa's behaviour as far is actually quite expected and if she was to actually accept Wang So for who he is, then that would truly be out of character.

True... but look at the way she behaved towards lady Hae. She was rather cold and distant. She wanted to get rid of her, once she realised that she was so sick. She views people as disposable. On the other hand, lady Hae was not cold-hearted and didn't mistrust people like her sister-in-law. Lady Hae had a different conception of life that's why she tried to push her husband to marry someone he loves. Both come from the same social background. Lady Hae knew how life at the palace is, but she cared much more about happiness than power itself. Sure, Yeon Hwa is traumatised that's why she is so blind to others' feelings. In her head, she is trying to survive, but she is doing it at others' expense. That's why the difference between Hae Soo and Yeon Hwa can't be just explained that the one comes from 21st century and the other from the 10th century. Notice that JM is not pushing Wang So to Yeon Hwa.  

• Like 11

i am wonder and curious how the writer and PD continue the plot of end of episode 7. Both WS and HS stare at each, direct eye to eye contact. WS's heart could be melting because of the sincere and caring look from HS. I am hoping that HS will touch WS 's scar with the other hand. :wub:Wow, WS must be deep in love toward HS:lol: although HS has different feeling toward WS for the time being. HS feels affection for WS and she would understand that WS is in vulnerable position, no one is helping him as she heard the conversation in between WS and his mother. 

WW would interrupt the 'beautiful moment" of WS because he followed HS from behind.    

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

True... but look at the way she behaved towards lady Hae. She was rather cold and distant. She wanted to get rid of her, once she realised that she was so sick. She views people as disposable. On the other hand, lady Hae was not cold-hearted and didn't mistrust people like her sister-in-law. Lady Hae had a different conception of life that's why she tried to push her husband to marry someone he loves. Both come from the same social background. Lady Hae knew how life at the palace is, but she cared much more about happiness than power itself. Sure, Yeon Hwa is traumatised that's why she is so blind to others' feelings. In her head, she is trying to survive, but she is doing it at others' expense. That's why the difference between Hae Soo and Yeon Hwa can't be just explained that the one comes from 21st century and the other from the 10th century. Notice that JM is not pushing Wang So to Yeon Hwa.  

The mere fact that she had a ready answer for Yo when he brought up marriage proves that YH already did her homework and explored all possible scenarios for her to become queen.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Wang So won't become king before Crown Prince (943-945) and Prince Yo (945-949). It is first the king's decision to chose the Crown Prince among all his sons. Once chosen, the Crown prince becomes the king after his father's death. However, Mu will struggle because of his brother Yo who has a powerful clan behind his back, unlike Wang Mu. Moreover, I believe, he will ask for the support of his brothers, 14th prince, 9th prince and 8th prince. 

about the other question: the scar doesn't look that bad, but I believe that since he is a prince, he shouldn't have a scar on his face because it can be seen as a bad karma. I believe, people are not upset about scars, generally speaking, but more upset that his scar is on his face. I can imagine that people think that it brings unfortune and the gods are against him.

thankyou, i read in wikipedia, such a short period for wang yo to rule goryeo (4 years) I'm wondering why people are fighting for what they are not capable of LOL

5 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

i am wonder and curious how the writer and PD continue the plot of end of episode 7. Both WS and HS stare at each, direct eye to eye contact. WS's heart could be melting because of the sincere and caring look from HS. I am hoping that HS will touch WS 's scar with the other hand. :wub:Wow, WS must be deep in love toward HS:lol: although HS has different feeling toward WS for the time being. HS feels affection for WS and she would understand that WS is in vulnerable position, no one is helping him as she heard the conversation in between WS and his mother. 

WW would interrupt the 'beautiful moment" of WS because he followed HS from behind.    

Don't think HS will touch WS's scar, because HS has feeling for 8th prince wook, for now i think HS only take WS as a friend

i think HS and wang wook's chemistry are more like lover than HS and WS (HS and WS looks like big brother and his little sister) hahhaha

They should put 1 more beautiful female cast, because there are too many handsome prince hahahha 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, thenagain said:

Queen Yoo has some psychopathic tendencies that's for sure! That became plainly obvious when we saw how callously she treated young Wang So's life- like he was bargaining chip and nothing more. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she has a hand in the crown prince's death. After all she's tried it before with wang yo at the ritual sword dance. What worries me more was the curious look on her face when she saw Hae Soo. It was definitely a look that said to me "I have a use for her."  I think Queen Yoo is either going to frame Hae soo for the Crown Prince's death or manipulate her into helping her by pretending to befriend her. Either way hae soo needs to watch out. Queen yoo is shady AF.

Hello All, Just checking into the forum and finding some interesting reads..

@thenagain Right HS sgould be worried about the crazy Queen, I'm wondering in her future memories of history do she remember anything about the Queen I'm hoping she would be able to help WS in this matter but we shall wait and see how things play out but you can best believe she will use HS and spit her out like a seed.. Knowing WS he will not let her bring any harm comes to HS be it his mother or anyone in the palace..

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree chingu, it was very intimate. By watching him removing his mask slowly then raising his head so they can see his scar. Lee Joon Gi did a great job at performing this scene so raw and intense. His fear of letting the woman he loves see him scar and getting ready to see  'HORROR THROUGH HER EYES"  He wasb't ready to see her looking at him without fear, but with compassion and understanding. He bared his soul in that room but none of his family members were able to look him in the face except for that evil brother (Wang Yo ) of his. Another brother I will never like but is a good pretender (Wang Won).  Wang Won is a coward and disgusting he turned away and laughed because he isn't as brave as Wang Yo. I know he is another brother who will die because he has no manners. Wang Mu, Yeonhwa,  Wang Eun, Baek Ahn couldn't look but  felt bad for him. 

@UnniSarah  Speaking on one of your comments I found WW to be a coward by not telling the King he was in love with HS what father would hurt or snatch his son love interest besides they couldn't really force the marriage between her and the KIng technically she wasn't really related to WW wife nor was she apart of the palace were all women belong to the King..

I think WS scare makes him more attractive and it dosen't look as bad as he thinks I must admit he do look sexy in the mask but HS makeover giving him a whole new look will be head turning who knows maybe the crazy queen may have a change of heart after seeing the new him..

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:
On 9/13/2016 at 6:17 PM, loveandpeace09 said:

@xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Thank you so much...I get it now :) I feel the scar is so artistic it kinda looks good on him too ^_^ He looks so hot even with the scar *swoon*

Chingu, I so agree with you @loveandpeace09  Lee Joon Gi still look good with the scar . It makes him look like a powerful warrior.  in love leaf

I think the scar looks sexy on him and for sure makes him stand out among the other princes

@DJG  Glad to have another insightful Chingu here..

There are so many insightful comments from you guy's there's no need for me to comment I'm enjoying reading your thoughts there way more interesting then the drama itself.. I do have to agree with @DJG  I think they could have made the drama longer even if they didn't want to do 50 episodes 36 would have been fine..

• Like 12

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

He's all that and more but he's a small flame in comparison to the inferno that is Wang So. As Hae Soo will come to realise. 

With H.M.S SoSoo, there will be a deep and lasting love. They already have intense chemistry that it'll make what she had with Wook look like a school ground crush. We have already seen glimpses of their future romance. The way her eyes follow him out of a room, her concern for him, their camaraderie... All the basis for a strong lasting relationship. She just needs to SEE him. Which she will do, if 4th is half the persistent beggar I think he is.

ok I buy what you say in red.:D

lol at the HMS SoSoo. :P

• Like 13

@bebebisous33 @40somethingahjumma I always appreciate all of your insights in this forum! It's so lovely to be able to read such details, insightful, and different kind of interpretation of many scenes on this drama :blush: one of the perks watching currently aired drama is we able to share and discuss our thoughts to fellow drama watchers and expressing what we likes, disappointment, predictions,and hopes towards the show. It's really nice to have this sense of togetherness in this emotional roller coaster journey of a drama. Thank you so much :D 

I agree with you about wook. As gentleman and sweet person he is, sometimes his rather safe-passive way  is really gets on my nerves. His ways of solving problems at times can feel rather ineffective and impractical. And all the sweet talks and empty promises didn't help either. Especially when we witness many times he feels helpless when his very nature get clashed with a strong willed, authoritative and aggressive character like yeonhwa, Hae clan, evil queen and the king. One of the reasons that he might not be fit to be a good leader, however wise and able he is.

About him realizing his feeling too late to his deceased wife, is something really pitiful. Remember this is the guy that through out his life need to put perfect facade just to earns his place as a prince. Getting used to covering tiniest emotions everyday without a chance to break, it is expected that he genuinely have no idea about what he really feels anymore. No wonder we start questioning the level of sincerity of his feeling towards haesoo. Is it love or just embodiment of his frustration to have someone that expected nothing to him and appreciate him as he is.

Even so, blaming all to him about haesoo marriage fiasco is a bit far-fetch for me. Yes his deceased wife have asked him and his mother to take Soo as his bride. And I believe he did take this request to heart. But as his nature being careful,considerate, and responsible guy he need to find a perfect timing and prepares everything so no one will questioned and contest his choice. It's considered inappropriate to talk about wedding right after his wife funeral and both do need time to heal from guilt and mourn their lost. But not long after the mourning period is over the head of Hae clan comes with a sudden marriage proposal. LOL his luck :( And what can he do at this point? Technically it's Hae family matters and he cannot overstep and meddling their internal household affair even though he's a prince. And he cannot use his status to convince the Hae clan to choose him instead when his rival is the king himself. Neither him or his mother can do the impossible. He is practically doomed from the start.

• Like 13

Guest Tinkiebell
52 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

Wang Yo will become King first. He's Jeongjong, the 3rd king of Goryeo, who'll be succeded by Wang So, aka Gwangjong, the 4th king of Goryeo.  

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This explains why for example Wang So likes being alone because he is avoiding to be confronted too often how people perceive and judge him.  

thats perfectly said for WS as he is not good with words he does not like to be judged cause he knows he cant revert it back in words and his actions will have severe consequences. may be here HS will help him and tone down his ways to respond not always with actions but words too (we can see in hill top date he WS was caught off guard and put another question when HS tried to confront abt his Temple carnage)

2 hours ago, aine7 said:

P.S. If there is something that keeps haunting me, is that “shireunde” with a tilt of head and a sword in the hand. Korean language has never ever sounded more sexier and arousing than on that very moment. It left me breathless.

PS here too.... that scene is my fav so far. and i never knew i could love any other korean as Saranghae but shirundae in that smexy voice of WS is my new saranghae of kdrama...

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

erm, the problem is, when she was looking at the moon, she said she like him, wants to be with him :tears: He is handsome, kind, scholarly and a perfect gentleman....

as @Diana Blanche also mentioned....i too have same doubt does that scene have any significance. HS remembering Wook as Morning Sun but looking at Mon at night.. ( just cause shows name is Moon Lover).. I just cant let that scene slide (possibility that it has nothing to analyze about) bt if anyone can shed some light here ?

1 hour ago, shiraru said:

At the end of the scene, deep down, I think Lady Oh admires Hae Soo for that.

I second this... Lady Oh must have faced similar situations in past and instead of fighting till end she had to surrender and thats the reson she admires HSs guts of standing against whats wrong even if its King. And later not to regret her decisions no matter what the outcome is.

• Like 11

Next week, I hope Wook able to catch up with Soo and So. I hope So sees the jade bracelet. I hope Wook claim Soo as his so So's jealousy can begin. I hope despite all that So wouldn't care less like he always did and still persue Soo.

This is what the drama lack of: the confrontation between the first and second lead male. 

• Like 15