[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the first two episodes of this drama and I love it. It honestly didn't feel like I was watching a drama. It felt like watching a movie or something. The acting and cinematography were wonderful. Although I felt the cases were easy (I guess right away in the first that the informant was the one they had been looking for) I enjoyed every moment. The higher ups are shady as get all (that one actor is always playing the polished villains) and is the detective in 1989 dead???? I feel like the two higher ups killed him to cover a crime and he and the walkie talkie will eventually lead to his body.

Signal episodes 1 and 2: Marco Polo, Seoul 2000

by Unnichan on Mon, Jan 25, 2016

Dispatchers, welcome to the Signal Drama ClubWith an enchanted walkie, a detective disappearance, time tampering, and a serial killer on the loose, Signal is a thriller you don't want to miss. And while one case seems to be tied up neatly, DeShonda, Jazmine and I are certain there is plenty of uncovering to be had over the next few weeks, which has left us with a case file full of questions. How about you? How are you enjoying this new suspense series?

Read more

http://www.dramafever.com/news/signal-episodes-1-and-2-marco-polo-seoul-2000/

11 hours ago, eunsuhae said:

6. Is it a coincidence that the 8th victim happened to be someone LJH had a crush on? Or was it predestined to be that way as a part of this twisted game of fate and time and space that seems beyond anyone's comprehension?

But they’re not the same person! Different faced. They have the same build and hair length that I think it may be a case of mistaken identity. The one who should have been killed was the one LJH followed to her house. Well either that or all the people killed had that as a common denominator. 

Lee Je Hoon’s Reps Respond to Criticism of His Performance in “Signal”

lee-je-hoon.jpg

Lee Je Hoon’s agency has defended the actor after recent criticism of his acting in the drama “Signal.”

The new tvN drama has so far aired only two episodes, and has already become a hit among viewers and critics alike for its story, directing, and the performances of most of its cast. However, some viewers have criticized Lee Je Hoon’s acting, with some commenting that he seems to be performing for the stage instead of a drama and so his acting doesn’t seem to fit with that of his co-stars. In addition, other viewers have criticized his pronunciation.

These criticisms come as a surprise to many, since the actor has been lauded for his performances in films such as “Bleak Night,” “Architecture 101,” and “Ghost Sweepers,” as well as dramas such as “Secret Door.”

A representative from Lee Je Hoon’s agency Saram Entertainment told Sports Chosun on January 26, “Because of the unique nature of dramas in the detective genre, not only does Lee Je Hoon use a lot of vocabulary that is not normally used in daily life, he also has a lot more lines than other characters. It seems that might make it seem awkward.”

The representative goes on to say, “The character, tone, and style of Lee Je Hoon’s character Park Hae Young were all decided upon through discussion and the sharing of ideas between the actor, director, and staff. The director and production team were all satisfied on set.”

“The performance will seem more realistic in the future. Please watch and see for yourself,” they add.

Lee Je Hoon stars alongside Kim Hye Soo and Jo Jin Woong in “Signal,” which airs on Thursdays and Fridays on tvN.

Have you been watching “Signal”? What do you think of Lee Je Hoon’s performance so far?

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/26/lee-je-hoons-reps-respond-to-criticism-of-his-performance-in-signal/

I keep searching for this guy here and there since I found this picture on korean news site. Thank God he is still a baby for doing sosial media thingy muahahahahahaha. This agency is surrounded by many flower boys anyway. I. CAN NOT.

A short review-opinion on the first 2 eps :)

Signal ~ Episode 1 & 2 Review / Thoughts ~ Dramajjang

Signal1and2Dramajjang

“Do you know why cold cases are the worst?
When you know the criminal’s identity and motive
Then you know why your family died and how it happened.
So even though it’s hard, you can bury it in your heart.
When it comes to cold cases,
You don’t know why or how your loved ones died.
You can’t forget it. Every day is like hell.”

Read more here: http://dramajjang.co/2016/01/27/signal-episode-1-2-review-thoughts-dramajjang/

Ummmm....hello.  :)

Just finished the first episode and am about to start the second. All I can say is "Wow!" I'm hooked. Thank goodness this is just the beginning with only 2 eps so far. Otherwise I'd be binging and get nothing done. Absolutely nothing.

I read the article about the criticism of Lee Je Hoon's characterization and am completely puzzled. I find the character utterly fascinating. Somewhat shy and retiring until something gets him fired up. I won't compare him to Cumberbatch's Sherlock cuz they are totally different, except possibly in intelligence. But as good as Cumberbatch is in playing Shelock, I think Lee Je Hoon is equally as good playing Park Hae Young. I don't see a stage performance, but I must confess my eyes are on the subtitles more often then not. Can't speak to the pronunciation cuz I don't understand the language.

Yep! @Ginaaaa  hey you! Signal is awesome! this drama, Madame Antoine and Local Hero my current favs

That episode one, I was scared af. I was  covering my eyes. Ha ha. Le Je Joon is terrific! I've never read article about LJH acting or pronunciation, and also since I'm not Korean I can only understand English so same here more on subtitles. But I effing love that  rapid fire delivery from LJH in ep 1. But really what's there to criticize?!  I don't get the criticism of LJH- delivering the lines or otherwise. I Like his acting! I like Signal. I like story! I like suspense thriller this drama is giving us. I like the actor. He's terrific in this drama!

Embedded image permalink

photo grab from lynsy feed

Excited for 3 and 4

- so we have connections of past, present and maybe future
            LJH already contacted PHY before as what I see whom the one inform the 2000 LJH about the location of suspect of yoon jung murder, as we all know the present PHY also didn't have a clue in that case so its possible that the future PHY is the one that 2000 LJH contacted

-significance of 11:23 PM
-Real reason of LJH disappearance and if he is already dead, the possibilities of him coming back to life through changing the past like what happened in Freuqency film

41 minutes ago, ILYSM08 said:

Excited for 3 and 4

- so we have connections of past, present and maybe future
            LJH already contacted PHY before as what I see whom the one inform the 2000 LJH about the location of suspect of yoon jung murder, as we all know the present PHY also didn't have a clue in that case so its possible that the future PHY is the one that 2000 LJH contacted

-significance of 11:23 PM
-Real reason of LJH disappearance and if he is already dead, the possibilities of him coming back to life through changing the past like what happened in Freuqency film

That's exactly what I thought, 11:23 pm might be the time just before he died because each time he was able to get in touch with PHY!

2 hours ago, ILYSM08 said:

Oy...that hurts my brain. Too early in the morning and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. 

Timelines crossing in tangled webs. I'm going to have to rewatch these first two episodes. And in the future, I'll need to make absolutely sure I catch everything as I go along so the rewind button is going to get plenty of use. I think this one is going to be much more complicated than Nine.

If nothing else, trying to maintain a logical pattern across multiple tangled timelines will be a good brain exercise. :lol:

I just watched both episodes and I am in on this crime,suspense thriller. The timelines are going to get pretty complicated for me so I would be most appreciative of all the help, clarification I could get from friends in this thread. 

2 hours ago, ross27 said:

I just watched both episodes and I am in on this crime,suspense thriller. The timelines are going to get pretty complicated for me so I would be most appreciative of all the help, clarification I could get from friends in this thread. 

Yeah... I was trying to come up with some kind of chart to track it all. An idea came to me while cleaning out a horse stall .... nothing like physical labor and fresh air to get the brain juices flowing ... but I have to put it down on paper to see if it will work. It involves an X/Y chart and lines of different colors depending on who is passing intel to whom and in what direction.

I was able to watch the third episode and the tension is the same than in the first episode. What I really loved is that LJH has to solve the "the future cold cases" in the past so that the events change and they have an impact in the future! The team from 2015 is solving murder in the present connected to the past! I love the idea!

This time, LJH was the one clueless... so in the first episode, he had known PHY for a while, but for the latter it is his first time and PHY got confused. Now, PHY has understood many things, but the LJH from the 80's had no idea who PHY was! 

To conclude, a great episode... although it was raw, I could understand many things. They realised for example, the culprit would use the bus, but the busdriver lied therefore he was killed in 2015! And they found out, the culprit must have known that the team was solving that cold case!

Hi everyone! I've just watched the first two episodes today and I can say I was totally blown away. The pacing, the directing, the writing, and the acting.. love everything to pieces! It's been a while since a kdrama piqued my interest like this and I hope it continues til the very end.

Some points I have after watching the first 2 eps(apologies if someone have already posted them as I haven't done any backreading yet):
- WHO PHONED IN FIRST
   Gaaaahhhhh....at first I thought it's LJH of course but after ep2 it came to my understanding that LJH seems to received the signal first from PHY back in 1989..but then, it was LJH who signaled first to PHY outside of the police station in the present time.. I'm going on an endless loop..Who the heck throw that walkie talkie on that mini truck? Who the heck invented that walkie talkie? LOL!
- THE ROLE OF THE HIGHER UPS???
   For sure (errr nooo), the chief or whatever they call it in SKorea got something to do on what happened to LJH, hope writernim can lay and detailed it out for us.
- WHAT REALLY HAPPENED to PHY's BROTHER?
   Waiting for this to unravel...probably the reason of PHY's timid behavior when he was young.
- THE MOTIVE FOR KILLING LJH (or was he really killed) + 11:22-23PM (what's so special about this time?)

The list above will probably grow longer as the drama progress instead of me getting an answer to those questions. So yeah..SHOW/DRAMA, c'mon surprise me!!!

Also I know it's too early to predict the ending but here's my two cents:

Spoiler

For those who are hoping PHY and CSH can save LJH(from dying), I don't think it'll be the case. The poster itself gave me a sad/lonely vibe..

Signal-06.jpg

The present and past still separated..=(

And if there's one thing I learned from all these time travel dramas, it's that, you're not bound to change what happened in the past, it's for you to create a new one and not commit the same mistakes you(or others) did in the past.

ANYWAY..I'll gladly be proven wrong by this drama.. I still want a happy ending --meaning LJH lives--for our leads of course.

That's all folks, sorry for blabbering too much, I just need to get this all out of my system before I sleep... waiting impatiently for eps 3 and 4 (though I know ep3 aired today.)

I`m obsessed with the new OST. It happens from time to time. :D I`m waiting for subtitles to watch the next two episodes so in meantime I plan to listen to this song. I hope we`ll have the translated lyrics.

Archived