Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely a great episode... have to watch with subs... The dancing was cute and many other sweet scenes...

Sorry, very patchy attempt from me to describe what I saw... Plus I can't remember the names/initials of some of the characters... 

MS and HM interactions - not interesting to me... haha... NR and HS are simply so cute and WC's reactions were just fantastic...

Actually, the couple MS-HM is quite important because it serves to explain indirectly why WC and NR's marriage isn't and wasn't really working.

First, MS has always considered his father as model so that he started treating his mother like his own father did: the disregard but also the expectation that the mother and wife has do anything for the son and husband. Her life's center was her family and home and noone ever got interested in her life. 

So since MS is in a relationship, he is treating his girlfriend like his mother in a certain way. Sure, he is nice towards HM. However, he is the one who has planned the whole time table: when she can see him, what she can do for him aso... So actually, he has the same expectation for HM: her life should be defined by his life. Moreover, he is also trying to hide his relationship, first to his family, but also to the club. He could enter the TOECI club because he stipulated that he was not dating. So this lie and action reveals that his career is more important to him that his love for HM.

So the quarrel in the episode 5 showed that HM was getting more and more annoyed with his behavior and expectations. She claimed for her freedom and for her life. She clearly showed MS that she would never submit to his request and expectation. Actually, she was about to break up with him and he realised that so that he agreed to change his behaviour. When she argued with MS, her point was she had been working so hard at high school so that she could enter college and she wanted to do things there.

So now about WC and NR: HNR could never stand up against WC because she had quit high school... so the point HM was mentioning couldn't have been brought by HNR, if she had quarelled with her husband. Moreover, she spent many years in Germany where she was on her own... her secluded life is what changed HNR. She couldn't do anything in Germany except taking care of her son and that's where this habit (her family is her life's center) started.

Based on the recap, MS couldn't dance and this comes from his father's influence. WC is so level-headed that he has no regard for arts or hobbies. I can imagine, he always asked his son to do well at school and neglected that having a hobby can be good or even having fun is important in life.   

Yes, I agree with you and do get they are important to the storyline, but I was just expressing a personal opinion that I am not really excited when their scenes come on. I am not sure if it is because of the actors or the storyline at the moment for the two youngsters. They don't seem to have the screen charisma for me to get behind them. Maybe things will change when they warm up and immense themselves in the characters...

For some dramas, I like the supporting characters as much as the main characters, but currently, neither of them grabs me...

On the other hand, I like WC and JY as they are being portrayed. They may be snooty and mean, but I find both actors worth watching as they made the characters come alive and I loved how they are living in their own little bubble congratulating themselves on how sophisticated and intelligent they are... Lol!

I like the fact that this drama doesn't keep dragging things. HNR found out that she's not dying early enough,WC and MS found that HNR studies in the same university as theirs, HNR found out about WC and YJ and now CHS too has found that she isn't dying!! Everything was there for enough time to keep up perked up in interest! I hope they have a lot more in store for us for the rest of the epsiodes too!!

Yes, not dragging the issues are what I love about this drama,

Now, I hope HS finds out the divorce process by next episode so he can be in full engine to win NR. Next, I want MS finds out his daddy's affair so he will side with NR, then HM figures NR the one she called unie is her BF's mom.

Oh also, to have NR and HS goes for some MT?! Ain't that on her bucket list?, though HS knows she is not dying but he can still try to make NR wish to happen. 

Next scene...

HS calls NR's friend, Yoon-Young and arranges to meet up with her as he wants to discuss with her about NR. He tells YY that he has read the note that NR has written to her son and also the things that she wants to do on her bucket list before she dies.

YY realizes that HS has misunderstood that NR has pancreatic cancer so she decides to play along and asks him how he would like her to help out.

The next day...

Yoon-Young is seen dressing up in high school uniform and so is HS.

HS asks NR if she wants to play together with him.

NR tells HS that he is a college professor so how can he walk around the campus dressed up like this so the latter tells her that's the reason why he needs to disguise himself (by wearing sunglasses).

NR then whispers to YY and tells her that she did not know that HS is such a funny person.

HS sees NR's hubby driving past and swiftly places his hands on both the girls' shoulders.

Flashback of the scene of YY pulling NR's hair but the latter doesn't give in nor relent saying that she would not tell her grandma to reduce the amount of ddeokbokki (Korean spiccy rice cakes) as it will hurt her feelings so she refuses to do it. This is the first time that HS has set his eyes on NR and he was already drawn to this spunky side of NR's personality and also the fact that she is a really filial granddaughter. 

HS has had a crush on NR since he first met met her and would always patronize her grandmother's ddeokbokki shop.

Scene of Granny together with NR  in the rice cake shop.

Granny tells NR that she shouldn't tell her classmates that she is related to her as she is worried that NR would be looked down upon by her friends since the students attending her high school come from well-to-do families. NR doesn't want to do so since halmeoni is her granny and she wants to be able to call her Granny. So the latter tells her to call her 'Halmeoni' in her heart loudly.

Next scene...

Yi-Jin is on the car together with Woo-Chul so she asks the latter where he intends to bring her to but the latter can't stop thinking about why NR would be dressed in high school uniform and is hanging out with HS.

Yi-Jin asks WC why is it he didn't tell her that she (NR) is Prof Cha Hyun-Suk's friend.

HS brings NR and friends to a club but they are not allowed to gain entry becoz the club is mainly open to the youngsters.

NR suggests that they go to a noraebang (karaoke) instead.

YY says that this is one of NR's wishes to go to a club and dance.

HS brings NR and friends to another club and he really goofy dancing around while trying his best to make NR happy.

The group of four had a really great time dancing the night away.

Yoon-Young and Dong-Cheol tell HS to send NR home as they quickly get onto a bus.

The bus comes to a sudden halt causing NR to quickly grab onto HS' waist from behind in order to keep herself from falling down.

Woo-Chul is finding it hard to erase the image of HS together with his wife off his mind.

Back to HS and NR....

NR : You don't need to send me home.

HS : Aren't you dressed in your high school uniform?

NR : Even if I'm dressed in my high school uniform,  that doesn't make me one (implying a high school student). 

NR adds : I feel like I'm living a day of lies and deceit. It makes me feel like I've returned to the past.

NR to herself : I really live such a lonely life.

HS assures NR : I really wanted to do this too so I decided to bring you along too.

NR : You have really changed a lot.

HS : Did I really change a lot?

NR tells HS that once he has set his mind to do it, he will really do it.

NR tells HS : I really am thankful to you for everything today.

HS tells  NR : Then you should continue to live everyday like today.

Next scene....

NR bumps into Min-Soo  at the elevator and the latter is shocked to see his mom dressed up in high school uniform. 

NR asks Min-Soo how come he is also dressed up in high school uniform as he would be reprimanded by his dad for having skipped his tuition class.

Woo-Chul asks No-Ra how come she is dressed in her high school uniform so the latter tells him that it's the day that they can dress up in their high school uniform (Uniform Day). Woo-Chul then tells No-Ra that he would like to have a word with her but the latter tells him that she is tired and that they can talk tomorrow.

Hyun-Suk can't sleep as he recalls back on the day that he has spent together with NR.

HS looks at the piccies he has taken of NR on his cell phone and says to himself : Are you really going to pass away just like that?

NR in her own room is also saying : I didn't ask HS why is it at one time, he has treated me so badly and now he is treating me so nicely. It doesn't matter becoz we are friends now.

NR's female college friend calls to ask if NR is looking for a part-time job.

Inside the ddeokbokki shop, HS' friend, Dong-Cheol is teasing him about being picky these days and asks if he is dating someone.

Dong-Cheol asks Hyun-Suk why is it he didn't tell NR about the ddeokbokki shop. (Don't tell me that HS has bought this ddeokbokki shop and it's all because of NR).

NR is working part-time in the convenience store when HS calls her on  the phone and asks why is it she has forgotten about her appointment with him and he sounds pretty upset on  the phone as he has already prepared a plate of ddeokbokki especially for her to eat.

NR tells HS that she is working part-time in a convenience store so the latter goes and looks for her.

HS pulls NR out of the convenience store.

HS chides her and asks why is it till now NR still doesn't want to tell him about it and asks why does she need to go out of her way and do all these even after she has seen her husband cheating on her.

He continues to ask her if she knows how hard her life is gonna turn out to be like and asks if she knows that she is going to die.

NR tells HS that that is  a misdiagnosis by the doctor and assures him that she will not die.

HS is at a loss for words upon hearing this as he mutters to himself : I really thought....I really thought....

Hyun-Suk hugs No-Ra delightfully after learning the truth that the latter would not die.

End of recaps...

I had to bite back tears when NR inevitably found out about her husband's infidelity but it's comforting to know she's blessed with loyal friends.  :sweatingbullets:

Off with WC's head! giljotiini-smiley-face.gif?1302011370  There's just no end to his cruel emotional abuse of NR!  He kept adding salt to her wounds each time he brings up those contracts to threaten her.  Chebal, get him away from her asap writer-nim!!!!!

This show.... will be the death of me. It's just an hour after the show ended and here I am already missing this drama like crazy. How am I supposed to get through six days? 144 hours? 8640 minutes? alive?? Why can't Friday come tomorrow?

Seeing HS gets all protective is sooooo.. delicious. .. hmm.. yummy! from the call he made after making the ddubokki ready, I already can imagine if they start dating. His disgruntled way of repeating NR's "um, wae?" was so cute I repeated that scene so many many times. NR ssi, just divorce your stupid husband already and start dating HS. He'll just gonna be the greatest grumpy yet cutest boyfriend ever. 

Thank you for all the recappers and screencappers tonight! *bowing*

This show.... will be the death of me. It's just an hour after the show ended and here I am already missing this drama like crazy. How am I supposed to get through six days? 144 hours? 8640 minutes? alive?? Why can't Friday come tomorrow?

Seeing HS gets all protective is sooooo.. delicious. .. hmm.. yummy! from the call he made after making the ddubokki ready, I already can imagine if they start dating. His disgruntled way of repeating NR's "um, wae?" was so cute I repeated that scene so many many times. NR ssi, just divorce your stupid husband already and start dating HS. He'll just gonna be the greatest grumpy yet cutest boyfriend ever. 

Thank you for all the recappers and screencappers tonight! *bowing*

Yes, this show tries our patience becoz it's that good! lol

We are soooo ready for the romance to begin for our OTP.  HS is the perfect counterpart for NR ssi.  He always live life to the fullest so he will most definitely make up for everything's she's missed out in those 19 years so far.  Looking forward to more HS' childish high school behavior around NR as mentioned by SY. :wub: 

Another awesome ep. Just keeps getting better and better, OTP NR and HS...so cute in their high school unis. And their chemie couple feels is starting to hit us...GAHHHHHHHHHH Daebak!

Here's a CUT of ep 6 OTP RETRO FUN!

CR: tvN

I don't know but I think CJW is the prettiest in this drama compare to her past dramas... Less make up and her smile is so bright. 

Normally I cringe to see actors in a school uniform when they have past the time ages ago...,but CJW and LSY really pulls it off...she looks simply adorable and natural....and he looks just...cool and spunky with the glasses. Love them both.

Writer him, I won't forgive you if you make NR back to the mental abuser husband WC.

@MinLyn Thanks a lot for writing all the scenes. You worked so hard and I really appreciate the effort.:wub:

About WC: I believe, he will try to stop her divorcing from him at some point. The thing is that the divorce agreement was in her disfavour... so HNR needs to renegociate the divorce agreement. Her husband is actually a tyran in my opinion. At the end, I am hoping, he ends up left alone or he gets married to YJ and is so unhappy because YJ is the opposite of HNR.

CHS finally finds out that HNR isn't about to die in 6 month's time. Obviously so concerned and consumed about HNR's welfare, methinks he has not stopped loving HNR even though she disappeared from his life back during high school days.

CHS FIGHTING! We hope you will get your girl(ajumma is still a girl ...keke) eventually. HNR arraso? Forget KWC, that jerk! Move on and do better!  I doubt you will want to go back to him, he's been so nasty, he's been a cheater too, so move on. Chaebal.... HNR FIGHTING!

CR: tvN

Archived