Guest ororomunroe

ladiessss,

do u know what kind of skewer that NR and HS eat in the ep.5?? this is the link

if u know please told meeeee :)  i want to make it! hahaha

Bobbie, @bobsavero, dearie how are you? Oh my, you and your cherubic-Jowon profpic.. It was so long ago. 

Idk what they eat, fried something for sure.. Perhaps you could find it at Lotte supermarket or any korean store in town. Lotte have their mini street food stalls inside where you can have it there, as well as the frozen-ready to cook one. Goodluck with your food hunting, sweetie~!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MongHedz04

Super thank you the recap. This episode made me giggling for an hour and Im so in love with Cha Hyun Suk. Hyun suk - ah, please take away Nora from that bastard Woo chul. Whooah Im feeling that Hyun Suk family background would probably stir up some problem in their future. Is he a chaebol, hoping not. Anyways I leave everythng to author-nim., from 49 days to twenty again.. Heaven and its a hell of  a FUN. Thank you again for the recap. Love it!

Haven't watched today's episode waiting for subs but I still got excited by all of the recaps, so thank you one and all for the treat. WC is a man who has been thinking for some time that his wife was lucky to have him and now he is ready for an upgrade. He believes that he can control how his divorcee goes the same way he controlled how his marriage worked. He has not once thought that anything about his wife life could be of any interest to him and then episode 5 happened. He discovers that not only has she disobeyed him and continued to attend school but she was close high school friends with the man he has been pursuing a collaboration with. Being the nit wit that he is he didn't even understand that he was jealous of the attention HS showed NR. Little does he know that this is just the beginning.

The second big shock was watching NR walk pass MS without the slightest hint of recognition,  MS first reaction at seeing her was where to hide but when she walked by without a glimmer that she knew him he was upset just like the father was.

WC is an arrogant self deluded fool who is headed for a rude awaking and I can't wait to see the moment when things have fallen through with YJ and he thinks he can keep NR by just saying cancel the divorce. The old NR is back in the house and got herself a new man and want's nothing to do with him. not only that but MS is also going to see him for the A-hole that he is and go with mom.

Guest MongHedz04

Next scene....

NR bumps into Min-Soo  at the lift and the latter is shocked to see his mom dressed up in high school uniform. 

NR asks Min-Soo how come he is also dressed up in high school uniform as he would be reprimanded by his dad for having skipped his tuition class.

Woo-Chul asks No-Ra how come she is dressed in her high school uniform so the latter tells him that it's the day that they can dress up in their high school uniform (Uniform Day). Woo-Chul then tells No-Ra that he would like to have a word with her but the latter tells him that she is tired and that they can talk tomorrow.

Hyun-Suk can't sleep as he recalls back on the day that he has spent together with NR.

HS looks at the piccies he has taken of NR on his cell phone and says to himself : Are you really going to pass away just like that?

NR in her own room is also saying : I didn't ask HS why is it at one time, he has treated me so badly and now he is treating me so nicely. It doesn't matter becoz we are friends now.

NR's female college friend calls to ask if NR is looking for a part-time job.

Inside the ddeokbokki shop, HS' friend, Dong-Cheol is teasing him about being picky these days and asks if he is dating someone.

Dong-Cheol asks Hyun-Suk why is it he didn't tell NR about the ddeokbokki shop. (Don't tell me that HS has bought this ddeokbokki shop and it's all because of NR).

NR is working part-time in the convenience store when HS calls her on  the phone and asks why is it she has forgotten about her appointment with him and he sounds pretty upset on  the phone as he has already prepared a plate of ddeokbokki especially for her to eat.

NR tells HS that she is working part-time in a convenience store so the latter goes and looks for her.

HS pulls NR out of the convenience store.

HS chides her and asks why is it till now NR still doesn't want to tell him about it and asks why does she need to go out of her way and do all these even after she has seen her husband cheating on her.

He continues to ask her if she knows how hard her life is gonna turn out to be like and asks if she knows that she is going to die.

NR tells HS that that is  a misdiagnosis by the doctor and assures him that she will not die.

HS is at a loss for words upon hearing this as he mutters to himself : I really thought....I really thought....

Hyun-Suk hugs No-Ra delightfully after learning the truth that the latter would not die.

End of recaps...

THANK YOU FOR THE RECAP. Super thanks. Ive just finished watching the raw without understanding anything, and seeing and reading your recap helps a lot and definitely makes me happy.. Thank you again. Hehehe tears of appreciation here. 

I've just watched the raws of episode 6 and speaking no Korean at all, this is what I've been able to conclude.

1) the adults are better dancers than the kids.

2) the drama sent an (unintentional) awful lesson in regards to MinSoo's ability to dance. It suggest if you feel socially awkward and out of place, get drunk and you will be all right.  Being drunk doesn't make dancers better, it certainly isn't going to make an awkward non-dancer graceful.  I wish they had done a perspective shot from the club's point of view that makes it clear that MinSoo hadn't improved as a dancer, but just felt as if he'd improve.

3) I don't think what happened to NoRa was just WooChul being a self-centered, self-involved, egotistical jerk. That's a part of the issue, but not the whole issue.  I think class and economic status as they affect women is an important subtext running through the drama.  I've noted that when WooChul zones out when he's with YiJi she calls him on his lack of attention and he apologizes.  YiJi has a full sense of her value and a family to support that sense of value. She would never settle for being second to WulChul; she insists that she and her career be considered equal to him and his.

The high school flashbacks give an indication that of how class plays into NoRa's present.  YoonYoung who seems to have come from a financially secured background seems (like YiJi) to have eschew marriage and chosen to devote herself to a career. NoRa was not even important enough for WooChul to remember which high school she attended, and it was a very prestigious high school. 

Yes, I think it is very likely that HS is a chaebol, but the kind of chaebol who is very humble and normal. YJ's important father wants YJ to be matched with HS because he feels HS might even be an upgrade for YJ's family. If WC's behavior continues to annoy YJ, I could see YJ falling for HS too. You could tell YJ respects HS and that she listens to him when HS questions her motives and her love-pens, etc. As much as our friends here in this thread are impressed by how handsome and wonderful HS is, he might be a better steal than we think. WC was threatening NR about not paying her college tuition in the future and that he would stop payment on her apartment; those "small finances" would be chump-changes for HS. @MinLyn (by the way, thank you for your precise recaps) speculated HS might have purchased the ddeokbokki shop, I think that is highly possible since NR's grandma's ddeokbokki shop is where he first fell in love with NR and he still is after 19+ years. Since NR's high school was filled with well-to-do students, HS was impressed by NR that she is not ashamed of her background and that she lived cheerfully. There might be some problems later with HS's rich family, but HS does not care about wealth at all, he loves the simple and care-free life that NR can offer. I just love the theme of this drama, it is fantastic.

I doubt there will be any issues with the parentals for nr/hs....after all they are well past the prime for marriage in terms of korean culture. I will say that wc/yj work in academic and when truth of yj having an affair with a married man hits both will be destroyed. In the end both yj/wc will lose much more than they realize.

HNR has to get on that divorce real quick before WC's mind gets even more wicked.  He might accuse HNR of being an unfaithful wife, for hanging around with a professor at her school, which, in turn, will backfire on him because he is doing the same thing.

I am guessing MinSoo would change at how  he sees his mom when he finds out about his unfaithful father. 

It's taken me a while to enjoy this show which is odd because it has various elements that on paper, should work for me. I can only imagine it's the execution that I took exception to. Although I am well aware that all the over-the-top scenarios are done largely for humour and effect, I think it has resulted in characters feeling like caricatures. Early on I felt like I was being sledgehammered by a whole bunch of K drama cliches but not in a fun way.

The first few episodes felt like I had entered the twilight zone... an alternate universe inhabited by entirely small-minded, completely self-centred people. Except for No Ra... who seems to have overcompensated for everyone else's self-absorption by being everyone else's punching bag. Even the EFL teacher, Brad, was cringeworthy. 

I liked the leads especially LSY so I persevered. I actually don't mind the husband too. Although he's patronizing, hypocritical and solipsistic, at least he wants out. He's not really mean-spirited just a complete weasel. The son, on the other hand, is so flat that he could be made into a pancake. Yawn. So far his relationship with the GF is probably the least interesting part of the show although I imagine it will contribute to his "understanding" of the opposite sex and eventually his mother. :P

I'm amused, to a large degree by CSH's modus operandi. In some ways he's a better psychologist than KWC and the paramour. I suppose as a man of the theatre he would have to be. I especially enjoy the flashbacks of NR, SH and YJ as high school kids. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing more of the spunky NR from her teens than watching the son and GF bicker and sulk.

As someone who has worked in adult/ post-secondary education for the better part of 2 decades, I am somewhat disappointed that the show has gone for a whole host of K drama cliches rather than a genuine exploration of the pros and cons of being a mature-aged learner. Maybe it is the case that mature-aged students are a rare commodity in SK and that the system is so ridiculously competitive that it's really a dog-eat-dog world in that context. I certainly would like to hear from a SKorean on that. However, I will say that the struggles that NR has with the advances in technology in an educational context was good and fairly realistic. 

The end of Episode 4 probably turned the corner for me, when the characters started acting a bit more like real human beings rather than just sock puppets in a farce. I love how CSH is trying to help NR with her marriage in the background and NR is now standing up for herself in calm, reasonable fashion. LSY was so adorable and delightful at the beginning of Ep. 5 trying to give the husband something to think about.

I hope, NSN will tear MS off the strip because he needs to be taught a lesson from someone with the same age, as soon as he discovers HNR is MS' mother.

IT would be even more interesting if HNR started quarelling about the divorce agreement... so far, she is disavantaged! 

@‌MinLyn and @stewiefg - thanks a lot for the recaps and translations.

HNR didn't gain anything  from the marriage - I guess the reason she is hesitant about the divorce is she is a very rightful person and cares a lot about family.  With the way things are with WC, I doubt he would even push the divorce harder than he has been doing.  I want the divorce to happen so HNR can enjoy her life she missed to the fullest - with the help of CHS.

Watching with subs is much better...lol! 

WC is really nasty the way he spoke to NR in his study. Basically threatening her and saying he would not pay her tuition fees and only living expenses up to May and the same stuff again about her losing the shop if she does not follow through with the divorce. The tone he spoke to her was very condescending... you could NR was trying to contain her anger and sense of injustice.

NR is so funny when she was bashing the pollack! WC was his usual haughty self and told her to stop it and acting so uncultured. He was trying to tell NR to let go of the past and use metaphors to explain to her that state of their broken marriage. NR asked him if he was cheating, since he never bothered to explain things to her before and the TV drama shows that men become nicer when they are cheating... That was funny... WC looked like rabbit caught in headlights! He said no one would eat the pollack and she shouted she would! Then she basically told him to buzz off since he has said his piece and to leave her alone as she already told him she will think about his proposals. She was so good at retorting and telling him off....He was taken by surprise.

When HS saw WC in the morning and tried to ask him if he enjoyed the show last night... the guy lied and said he did not go! HS tightened his fist... Then WC asked him in a condescending manner if that wife of his was any good in helping him in his work...HS tightened his fists again...

HS was fab... YJ's dad asked if he had an ideal woman and he said WC's wife... haha... how he should have gone after her while they were in high school. YJ's dad said WC's wife must be quite a woman... haha.... This is going to be awkward when YJ plans to tell his dad in future about dating WC...Lol!

Well episode 6 was a fairly sweet one. Though i confess to fast forwarding through the club scenes. I loved the selfies of the 4 of them. The wonderful faces they made. I also enjoyed the knowing faces that Yoon Yung made. I can see her plotting to get our OTP together. 

questions in my head are:
- Will No Ra be angry that Hyun Seok was being nice because she was terminally ill?
- Was it her grandmother's funeral that Yoon Young started to mention and stopped herself?

- Did No Ra miss her own grandmother's funeral :(

Loved this episode. Although at the beginning I was nearly ready to jump into the screen and punch WC in the face....multiple times. But the rest was just absolutely golden xD

I still really can't believe WC and his behavior to NR, especially in this episode when they were in the study room. His "superior-than-thou" attitude towards NR is just getting worse and worse I think. Plus now that he's desperate for the divorce he bothers even less to treat her like an equal and just orders her around like she's his child or something which is ridiculous cause I'm pretty sure he treats MS better than that. But I did love that dried pollack scene as well, it's so funny how NR makes those "innocent" comments about seeing them such things in dramas that just nails WC hahaha. 

As for MS, I'm disappointed in him still and the fact that there was really little progress of mending the relationship between him and his mother. Although I guess they're getting there since he did show some reaction after seeing the map that NR painstakingly made. Also MS and HM still just don't cut it for me. But the dance moves at the club clearly showed that he inherited his mothers awesome dancing skills, but he probably just thinks he genius T_T

But the rest of the episode was just glorious! It was so cute how they went out and just had fun (and that comment from NR when she and MS get home was also priceless and very true). And I absolutely can NOT WAIT for the next episode guh its going to be torture. 

I do wonder how everything is going to play out though, since that horrible chairmans daughter (who I deem unworthy of remembering/mentioning her name) still doesn't know that NR is WC's wife. Plus WC is ironically finally showing interest in his own wife since someone else is. (But HS's smirk when he spots WC though xD) I really hope that NR and HS will plot revenge by exposing the scandalous duo, but I have a feeling that NR is too nice and forgiving to do that :(

Ugh but ma feels at the end of this episode, PLUS THERE WAS NO PREVIEW GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!   

Guest ororomunroe

Ratings:

DateEpisodeAGBTNmS
2015-08-2813.5704.4
2015-08-2923.1643.6
2015-09-0434.6604.4
2015-09-0544.6195.2
2015-09-1154.3775.1
2015-09-1264.8775.6

Archived