[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

In few hours more because of the speaker we will break 500 pages...... Imagine next week..... Because someone wants to eat ramen....make romance movie ..... And wreck a lipstick :w00t: ...... I wonder how many pages we will break lets make a new record too in this forums... Not only in ratings ... Fighting !! 

• Like 13

I haven't seen an IV on the forehead - the director should have allowed Yoo SiJin to put  that IV on the forehead of UgYoung. 

The reason I keep on rewatching the episodes in a drama is not because the lead is a hottie or  whatever - but to get a better understanding of the story and of course, to find  out if  the players or actors are well suited for the characters they are playing.  I've watched both SJK and SHK in  their other dramas and so far, I would say, their portrayal of their respective characters in DOTS is way better than  their previous dramas.  SHK is a tough surgeon - she don't waste time on  anything other than  saving a life.  I was upset in the first episode that she don't have a better understanding of what soldiers are for - she is very much against the word 'kill' - and one of the main reasons she decided, for the first time, she don't like or don't want to get involved with Captain Yoo SiJin. 

I like their rebuttals - like when KMY asked YSJ why 'he is a soldier'.  I like the way YSJ responded when KMY mentioned the word 'patriotism'.  For  KMY, YSJ is  doing what  he is supposed to do because he loves his country too much - she doesn't understand or didn't want  to go beyond the reason what is  behind those reasons.  I also love their conversation when KMY is having conflicting feelings on who to save at the  wreckage - the old man or the laborer.  YSJ is  really cool - he was explaining without blinking - he knows what he is talking about.

I was surprised at the performance of  Onew - never knew the guy can  act - from  being silly or naïve to someone who cries his self out for his mistakes.  I am guessing Lee Chi Hun  will not go back to Korea with the group - he has to reclaim his  dignity.

YSJ said 'he was rejected 3 times' - I guess those 3X were - 1) at the coffee shop; (2) at the wrecked ship; and (3) the wine kiss.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

I really hope either YSJ or SDY change their job..... It will ruin my crush in this drama.... I hope when they are wearing black suit it just because they are having a mission..... Not changing job please..... :bawling:

me too. that means no more men in uniform for the second half of the drama sis :frown:

gen. yoon did mention it in ep5 that he will stop sending them overseas on mission, thus  

he is giving YSJ a position in defense ministry to get experience and gain connections aigooo

what will happen to our alpha team then??

766b59d6_o.jpeg

pic via IG

• Like 21

1 hour ago, renvic said:

Questions to ponder: (Please don't throw rocks on me :grin:)

1. Does the international call in SK is much cheaper in other country or the salary of soldiers in SK are High? Because international calls are really expensive and Urk is too far away in SK!!

2. Does the mosquito coils is part of the ppl/ product advertised or part of the props because we all know tat the candles are ppl but lots of scene that they used it.

3. Does the tummy pregnant props is somehow misplaced on the fiancee of Dr. Lee Che Hoon? coz its placed in too much higher part of the tummy?

4. Does the hyundai blue car of our Capt Shi jin also brought in Urk? coz the car was used when our captain picked up our Dr in the hospital and they used it when they are looking for wifi in Urk.

5.  What cellphone brand did our Dr MY used? because its too waterproof that its still kicking despite it was also drawn in the sea and still can play good sound and noteven having a small scratch? Maybe Daniel Fix it.. he can fix everthing?

Oh I forgot DOTS is  a Kdrama anything can happen..... :D

Maybe she got the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in advance, jkjk. Haha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, viyra said:

I was surprised at the performance of  Onew - never knew the guy can  act - from  being silly or naïve to someone who cries his self out for his mistakes.  I am guessing Lee Chi Hun  will not go back to Korea with the group - he has to reclaim his  dignity.

really agree with you..... Onew is very good in here... i thought at first he is on the show just to light up the comedy part since he is very funny at the first they introduce us Dr Lee Chi Hoon in DOTS.... but seeing how he is tremble when he got out from the building after failed to pulled out Min Jae...and how shock he is while informing sergeant Choi tht there was a survivor inside....it sad for me.

but the one that break me is when he so scared when he saw Min Jae got out and checked by MY.... he was so scared..... the face...how he pulled his feet....that break me....Onew is daebak.... 

i'm also thinking he may follow Daniel path.... he might went to a very dangerous conflict zone to redeem himself.... maybe.... 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, renvic said:

Questions to ponder: (Please don't throw rocks on me :grin:)

1. Does the international call in SK is much cheaper in other country or the salary of soldiers in SK are High? Because international calls are really expensive and Urk is too far away in SK!!

2. Does the mosquito coils is part of the ppl/ product advertised or part of the props because we all know tat the candles are ppl but lots of scene that they used it.

3. Does the tummy pregnant props is somehow misplaced on the fiancee of Dr. Lee Che Hoon? coz its placed in too much higher part of the tummy?

4. Does the hyundai blue car of our Capt Shi jin also brought in Urk? coz the car was used when our captain picked up our Dr in the hospital and they used it when they are looking for wifi in Urk.

5.  What cellphone brand did our Dr MY used? because its too waterproof that its still kicking despite it was also drawn in the sea and still can play good sound and noteven having a small scratch? Maybe Daniel Fix it.. he can fix everthing?

Oh I forgot DOTS is  a Kdrama anything can happen..... :D

Disclaimer: none of these answers are serious nor the truth.

1. In dramaland the have a special telecommunications satellite that makes calls virtually free and offer perfect signal coverage except when is convenient for the plot. 

2.The mosquiro coil is indeed a ppl, sponsored by the Korean Anti Mosquito Association in efforts to increase awareness of the importance of preventing mosquito transmitted diseases. Captain Yoo will donate the coiil he got from Dr Kang Mo-yeon to Dr Spencer's charity.

3. The tummy is moving so much due to the fact that the baby has inherited his father's hyperactivity and simply cannot stay still!

4. The car is the Alphamobile, it's got teleporting and number plate changing capabilities along with hidden rockets and a wine cooler installed as per Captain Yoo's instructions. 

5.The phone is the new Samsung prototype Mermaid 3, it can now swim with you while playing your favourite tunes! 

• Like 20

55 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

I really hope either YSJ or SDY not change their job..... It will ruin my crush in this drama.... I hope when they are wearing black suit it just because they are having a mission..... Not changing job please..... :bawling:

I was referring to the same scene few weeks back. My wild guess was maybe they will be assigned as secret service of the president maybe?  because of their great performance in alpha team?

Or it would be an undercover mission or some sorts?

Wednesdayyyyyyy...i want you now!

• Like 6

:crazy: Haissshhhh if that blur pict is right... Haaahhhh is so ...... Since i have really counting scenes.. Hahahah.. Lol.. Like epsd 4 is his confession then epsd 8 is her's... I have high expectations for 12 n 16... Wedding maybe or... Coz shg said is much more than flirtings.. Ehemmmm...

@inshara2000

I like onew scene .. Readed his had the high rating in his crying scene minute at epsd 7 same along with shg confession n sjk winning smile ... 34,... Congrats

So is not only me that really longing n waiting like... For her "punishmentconfesion"... Love how the writer make the third time of his awarded by only one of hers but on speakering it out loud hahahahaha... Nice one .. Very nice one indeed

• Like 5

JYJ Junsu is the next artist to sing 'Descendants of the Sun' OST?

By yckim124 

Junsu_1458345527_af_org.jpg

JYJ Junsu is next in line for 'Descendants of the Sun' OST. 

On March 18, C-JeS Entertainment announced the news on their official SNS. A picture of Junsu with bright red hair is seen reading over the lyrics. The captions followed, "Are you surprised? Please wait a little bit for the music. Coming Soon."  

It continued, "Song Joon Ki x Junsu. The two together for OST is always right." This statement is referring to Jusun's past OSTs for Song Joong Ki's dramas, such as 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', and 'The Innocent Man'.  

Junsu will once again sing for Song Joong Ki's drama, and yes, Song Joong Ki x Junsu are indeed always right. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/jyj-junsu-is-the-next-artist-to-sing-descendants-of-the-sun-ost

• Like 14

whoah! this is the first time I'm seeing both YSJ and SDY as Men In Black - I probably need to watch the long preview.

I can't imaging them changing jobs..just can't..can't be..maybe they are doing undercover because they are Team Alpha and Lt. Gen is always proactive in sending them :)

• Like 14