[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hi guys

this is thr 2nd Kdrama I follow wholeheartedly. The first one is Oh My Venus. I can't help myself from writing here hahahaha because I also love love love our captain (esp his smirk)

This Dots make me rewatched other KES kdrama like The heirs and Secret Garden. By re watched those drama I can conclude that KES loves to make such a drama where the woman full of denial from her own feeling and the man keep on chasing the woman. 

KeS always love to see the man chase their woman a lot (and the man seems so manly in confessing their feeling) 3 times or even 5 times being rejected will be ok for KeS man character hahahaha

Aaaa I do hope KES won't let uri captain or uri doctor die. I NEED HAPPY ENDING. I need hope... I really dooooo.. 

• Like 16

3 times KMY rejected YSJ.. Could it be these 3?

1) cafe.

2) abandoned shipwreck? he asked how she has been and her answer was that she wasn't here willingly and will be heading back to get her place back. The way I read her words is that she has no time and no interest to be cozy with him is Urk. = rejection?

3) she asked for an apology for the kiss.

• Like 11

Its very true,YSJ know very well KMY like him,but naturally he wanted a confession and attention because of his profession have to live a tough life. he wanted a normal relationship with his love! thats why he said at rescue time. he knows at the time KMY were very worried but she did'nt express that. its painful and fact also! 

aaaahhhhhhh!! what a drama made by KES! :sweatingbullets: feeling tired! 

• Like 8

anyone knows anything about k drama and their filming schedule. 

its a good thing that DOTS has completed their filming right? when were they done? (there should be leaks then heh heh heh)

is DOTS a bigger budgeted film? especially since it is shot overseas they can't drag on. 

why issit that other k dramas can't do the same especially for locally made? i guess a practical reason would be the actors/actresses schedules. 

hmmm, anyone has any insights?

found this:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

Guys can we take a minute and appreciate how good is Onew in his role? This is coming from someone who didn't even know him before this drama. He is killing it in his role.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. Thank you.

he is very good, I think he has future in acting!

• Like 3

seems like we had answers since Jan 2016. 

in case some of you are wondering about the black suits (it drove me nuts) - found in preview ver 2.

Spoiler

has the last part - car scene happened already? i've never seen him laugh this cheerily before. have i missed it? --.--

Edited by Tinkiebell
Spoiler tags
  • Like 11

@juzluvpink Exactly! I was like, am I the only one who think that the third time (well the second one) MY rejected JS was when MY gave back the stone on beach? For me that was totally rejection, because he give her the stone like “come bank to this place/come back to me” and she give the stone back like “I have no time/intentions come back to this place/ to you” We didn't see this scene at first, but if you remember JS was quite disappointed after the trip to island, they even have the fight in medi cub in that evening.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, xoxobleach said:

anyone knows anything about k drama and their filming schedule. 

its a good thing that DOTS has completed their filming right? when were they done? (there should be leaks then heh heh heh)

is DOTS a bigger budgeted film? especially since it is shot overseas they can't drag on. 

why issit that other k dramas can't do the same especially for locally made? i guess a practical reason would be the actors/actresses schedules. 

hmmm, anyone has any insights?

From what I remember (I wasn't paying attention as to not die from waiting for this drama) they filmed in august- september in Greece and they finished filming in Korea by the end of the year. They also said the budget far exceed everything they thought it would, it was expensive to send the cast abroad, but I think the post-production cost even more. Just observe the quality in production, it's like watching a 2 hours movie every week.  

There was an article few days ago but I can't find it related to why the k-dramas do the live shooting and it's said that it's about the budget - they can't find enough sponsors to finish the drama before it airs. Probably the sponsors and the TV stations wait to see how the drama is going, and decide to invest in it along the way. It's also about the leads: when you have SHK (just an example) it's a given that the drama will be successful (just remembered that TWTWB was half ready when it started to air) Another factor, the casting is finished just weeks before the drama starts. If you pay attention, the dramas where casting finishes earlier, has already finished filming 5-6 episodes before it airs and you can sense the difference in quality (acting and production).

It all goes down to money: a cheaper product is cheaper because the owner didn't want to invest more in it :)

• Like 14

Remember this clip when KMY asked LCH if that was his mobile and he said he had some classical songs on them and let the patient listens to it to calm the baby. She complimented him for being a "great doctor" and father. Thanks for LCH that KMY got that great idea to share her classical songs from her mobile since she herself is a "great doctor"...oh the song was very soothing and relaxing for everyone to hear it before it became a nightmare for her...it was a great idea while it lasted :lol:

And some more cute fanart

11084802_1146789492008548_2016682047_n.j

Spoiler

12825932_250093011995307_1094476516_n.jp

10375792_1230418046986466_1550225032_n.j

Spoiler

1168717_1042528412452285_1017059828_n.jp

12822517_1569353416726868_313052407_n.jp

cr as tagged via shinachen222 IG

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, heks said:

From what I remember (I wasn't paying attention as to not die from waiting for this drama) they filmed in august- september in Greece and they finished filming in Korea by the end of the year. They also said the budget far exceed everything they thought it would, it was expensive to send the cast abroad, but I think the post-production cost even more. Just observe the quality in production, it's like watching a 2 hours movie every week.  

There was an article few days ago but I can't find it related to why the k-dramas do the live shooting and it's said that it's about the budget - they can't find enough sponsors to finish the drama before it airs. Probably the sponsors and the TV stations wait to see how the drama is going, and decide to invest in it along the way. It's also about the leads: when you have SHK (just an example) it's a given that the drama will be successful (just remembered that TWTWB was half ready when it started to air) Another factor, the casting is finished just weeks before the drama starts. If you pay attention, the dramas where casting finishes earlier, has already finished filming 5-6 episodes before it airs and you can sense the difference in quality (acting and production).

It all goes down to money: a cheaper product is cheaper because the owner didn't want to invest more in it :)

thanks for your insights! i thought it was a practical issue and naive me forgot about the money.

according to that youtube video i edited to my original post just 1 min ago, seems like day 1 was in june last year! and yes the quality is top notch! can't believe they produced it this fast. but then i think if we cut out our longing gazes between all the couples... maybe it was at an okay speed haha. 

• Like 9

About the secret mission, I feel Alpha Team are going to be deployed to protect someone connected to Argus, maybe someone Argus needs or who he wanted to kidnap and this interference will ruin Argus plans, thus causing him to seek revenge against Shi-jin via kidnapping Mo-yeon.

For some reason, I think the secret mission will take place in Korea, while Mo-yeon and possibly Myeong-joo stay in Urk...it would mean that Lt Gen has indeed managed to separate both couples in one go. 

What are your thoughts?

• Like 11

@xoxobleach Thanks for posting the different previews... crazy monkey

YSJ is shown in a suit in the third preview "his story" and that's why I thought, at the end of the day, he might change his profession and serve as bodyguard for UN-diplomats... which would be a compromise between his job as soldier and his love for KMY. Let us not forget that KMY has still her gold card and she might ask from the Arabian politician help for YSJ at some point!

The first preview shows us that KMY will help YSJ to escape from the traffickers with a car...  cheetah

• Like 11

Something in my mind tells me that the mystery surrounding MY`s father is that he was a soldier who killed in duty. That`s why she knew that the suit SJ wore (in the wine kiss scene) was the official uniform. So she has difficulty to accept SJ because she knows how hard the life is for his wife and the children that left behind. I bet that both SJ and MJ fathers knew him.

• Like 17

I read a few post ,cannot back track all of them. 

@renvic mention by you, and some of us;

1. Blue car - i was wandering the same thing about it. Another one with gray with dark spot. But hey, it's about ppl. They drove a few cars in Urk, counted the president car. How can u drive such an expensive car in unsettled country? So, i just let it go...

2. The Kang Mo yeon's smart phone. Can it survived after diving in the sea. I've tried few times with my xperia in the swimming pool, it survived but after two years, it doesn't. So, i've bought a new version. 

3. The black coat shi jin, almost like a bodyguard. Owh, i totally forgot this. Maybe, a secret mission afterwards during Argus storyline? 

4. The love bump (pregnancy). I noticed it too. Y oh y they didnt do it right? I thought i saw a round pillow was placed under the clothe.

5. I dont mind idol trying acting. It added to the package, good luck with a good talent. 

6. I remember SHK said about SJK's body, weaker than her.. Ha ha.. I really want to know the BTS about the shooting. How they cover the injury, n how he got them. However, he was doing fine in the army. 

7. The 100 sandwiches for the soldiers, that's PPL right? Sponsored by Subway. Yes, i like them bcoz it healthier than fast food.

8. A few mention about them changing jobs. I'm against it. That's their personality. The difference makes them special. Once he settled down with a family, maybe he can avoid dangerous mission. 

9. There r country that offered same rate for international calls. I dont like changing sim card into my phone. So, i just use them accordingly in other countries i went to, Regardless of the rate. 

10. Salary - private n confidential. In Urk, living cost n food are provided. They need not to spend money n save them to pay phone bills...lol..

11. Earthquake can be predicted. I wonder did they do thorough reseached b4 building a power plant? Now, it such a waste but i saw the solar panels survived. 

12. Bromance - Dae Young knew about the Shi Jin n Myung Joo. She told him when she was changing dress inside his car. No need to worry about the couple loveline but worry about the father. As shi jin said, "let us runaway together". 

13. Okay, the last one. The spoiler about Mo Yeon captured and a gun involved. The higher up told SJ n DY to avoid the Merchant of Death. But, it will come to them in a way or another.

14. The ending - can i hope for world peace?? Okay, i'll hold my opinion until 3/4 of episodes aired. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

About the secret mission, I feel Alpha Team are going to be deployed to protect someone connected to Argus, maybe someone Argus needs or who he wanted to kidnap and this interference will ruin Argus plans, thus causing him to seek revenge against Shi-jin via kidnapping Mo-yeon.

For some reason, I think the secret mission will take place in Korea, while Mo-yeon and possibly Myeong-joo stay in Urk...it would mean that Lt Gen has indeed managed to separate both couples in one go. 

What are your thoughts?

will the black suits fit in? is it confirmed that ep 9 would have them in suits or was that just part of the preview for the entire series? 

your hypothesis seems plausible. 

Argus probably has another trade deal and maybe this time its with the Alpha team undercover. i don't think Alpha team will be deployed to protect another illegal dealer. it would be hilarious if they were deployed to protect that slim ball manager against Argus in payment for SDY punch. haha. 

think the theme is human trafficking right? it could be a high ranking official who is good at cracking down on such cases. 

so many possible plot lines!

the separation of couples between 2 countries will drive us nuts. i think thats coming soon again. the last plane was a forewarning i bet. i wonder how short lived their separation will be. probably longer than previous :( but then their feelings are confirmed already so who cares. haha.

• Like 5

@miss sojisub okay thank you miss for the information...how do you know that sergant choi is snoop???i thought he is picollo..yeah he looks like picollo to me...so similar with picollo...hahahahahahaha...i dont care lah with the nicknames, but somehow its cute to know their nickname,....hahahahahahaha...

let me write about ep 7...Finally i have time to watch this drama last night...yeah i bawling my eyes again in episode 7 ...it just a few minute after the start i already cried....Manager Go and that young man scene really sad and break my heart too...when that young man said it hurt...i feel that hurt to at my chest and my tears fall down because that pain. And the pregnant woman also make me cried too, the moment she take out the USG picture unknowingly my tears fall down. And the last scene that makes me cried is when MY remembering the time before the earthquake happened...manager Go smile.....ah its so sad...

Spoiler

I love how the soldiers and medical teams do their best to save the people and focus to their own duties. I feel bad to Kim Gibum because of his injury he cant help much and make a bit trouble to some ppl. But thanks God he doesnt need to feel bad that long because he also can save people with his blood. Himnae my cutie pi...SDY son..that wanna brag about everything to his dad, but poor him must wait his turn because YMJ is the one that will brag to SDY first... (fight to get SDY attention...hahahahaha....like omma vs son)

In ep 7 we can see that every character must makes a decision faster in that disaster condition, like how YMJ must do surgery in that area though at the beginning she disagree about this crazy idea but yeah her decision make one patient can be save at that time, or YSJ that must make decision which area to start searching and rescue first and make a rescue plan too. I think KMY really had a hard time to makes decision which one that she must save the manager go or that young man. Its hard to make that decision especially that decision is about someone life. I love all character really shining in their own ways..makes this drama more shinning because of them.

Okay i think i dont have many comment about ep 7....my tears speak a lot about this episode..my tears is a witness of how great this episode.. ep8  to be continued

• Like 7

Just for the sake of discussion...

7 minutes ago, an-naum said:

1. Blue car - i was wandering the same thing about it. Another one with gray with dark spot. But hey, it's about ppl. They drove a few cars in Urk, counted the president car. How can u drive such an expensive car in unsettled country? So, i just let it go..

The rich and the powerful remain rich and powerful regardless of where they are. They can own luxury cars even while those around them live in abject poverty. 

4 minutes ago, an-naum said:

6. I remember SHK said about SJK's body, weaker than her.. Ha ha.. I really want to know the BTS about the shooting. How they cover the injury, n how he got them. However, he was doing fine in the army. 

It's actually quite a known fact that men's genetic make up are simply weaker than women's. They are more prone to diseases and illnesses in general, so this isn't surprising, really.

4 minutes ago, an-naum said:

11. Earthquake can be predicted. I wonder did they do thorough reseached b4 building a power plant? Now, it such a waste but i saw the solar panels survived. 

Actually, earthquakes cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. That was the problem with the earthquake disaster in Japan a few years ago. It's not that the Japanese, after so many years, were not familiar with earthquakes. It was simply the regions where they decided to build their nuclear plants were not anticipated to be a region that would be that severely affected (if at all). Such is nature. You can never fully tell. 

• Like 12