Add and Subtract Game

Admin

6 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

yes, my dear. Have finished reading the book last weekend.

Am so excited for tomorrow.

I am going at a snail's pace. I should have read it on my kindle and saved trees. :bawling:

Edited by confusedheart
Did math wrong
  • Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, agenth said:

Yeah I know it wasn’t max, I just was reminded again about the things I saw in the documentary. The really awful thing is that I think there even was shareholder dividends right before Covid relief fund was given ….

This world is capitalistic and harsh but we should never forget that we are all human and not robots.

Boeing also reminds me of theranos …. Both companies that knew they were doing wrong and still tried to treat people as ATMs 

Very Very well said ...

+2

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

Hey everyone,

Got to work with my kdrama-loving colleague today and we listened to AKMU and BTS at work ALL DAY. No other colleague would have tolerated that, LOL.

Tomorrow I'll work with my colleague who loves 80's music.

Keegan-Michael Key GIF by Team Coco

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Good evening sweeties! :dorakiss:

@joccu did you see that GMMTV came out with a new BL drama that has a pretty unique synopsis? It's apparently about an ER doctor who meets and falls in love with Death.

https://mydramalist.com/60701-dear-doctor-i-m-coming-for-your-soul

The first episode seems to have good reviews. :glasses:

@the_sweetroad omo! 80's music! :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Is anyone else excited to see Henry Golding play the cad in the new Persuasion?

Hmmm... Not feeling any of the leads in the new movie. :tears: Persuasion is such a masterpiece....

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

Persuasion is such a masterpiece....

Totally agree. But I couldn't stand the older adaptation, and then I had quibbles with the more recent adaptation. (But Rupert Penry Jones was a GREAT choice for Capt Wentworth! He was exactly how I had always pictured Capt W to be. Just have to put a photo of him in here :lol:)

Rupert-Penry-Jones-Persuasion.jpg

So even though I'm not a huge fan of Dakota J, at least Henry Golding as Mr Elliot will be interesting. Persuasion is my 2nd favorite Jane Austen book, so I'm really hoping this adaption is better than the other two.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

23 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Totally agree. But I couldn't stand the older adaptation, and then I had quibbles with the more recent adaptation. (But Rupert Penry Jones was a GREAT choice for Capt Wentworth! He was exactly how I had always pictured Capt W to be. Just have to put a photo of him in here :lol:)

I like the book the most :wub:

But I did like the movie from 1995 as well.

Sometimes drama series adaptations have been better than movies. For example the Jane Eyre mini series was superior to the movie that came out later.

Love the book the most though. Books are always the best!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

I like the book the most :wub:

Me, too! :wub:

But I did like the movie from 1995 as well.

I HATED it. Everyone was too old, and they made Anne so frumpy (ugly) and timid! I didn't understand what in the world Capt Wentworth would see in her! BARF!

For example the Jane Eyre mini series was superior to the movie that came out later.

Which one is this, chingu?

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

19 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

omo, I loved that version of persuasion. it had so much angst and gave me so much feels. 

18 hours ago, partyon said:

Sometimes drama series adaptations have been better than movies. For example the Jane Eyre mini series was superior to the movie that came out later.

Love the book the most though. Books are always the best!

absolutely. I love P&P but I never really bought the quick change around in the book -- it almost felt like she changed her mind after seeing mr darcy's big estate. :lol:... whereas the movie made me think better of her. :D 

waving hi to chingus. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1