Add and Subtract Game

Admin

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

This is your first c-drama....?

No. :D I've also watched Meteor Garden (with Dylan Wang) and Triad Princess. I also started Use for My Talent but couldn't get past a few episodes, even though I like both the leads.

I'm more used to Chinese movies.

Were you going to give some commentary/ advice on cdramas? :joy:

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Were you going to give some commentary/ advice on cdramas? :joy:

I think I better stay quiet.... :emmm:

Believe me, I've tried to become friends with cdramas. But I've come to the conclusion that historical cdramas are probably the only ones I can process, and those I have to watch using FF because they tend to be so long.

I actually once "watched" a historical cdrama by only watching YouTube clips of each episode, and I was able to follow the drama's plot fairly well and even became attached to it as it progressed.

To my surprise I found myself crying in some scenes too because they were so saaddd... :tears:

Too bad I can't remember the drama name anymore. It was about a queen who was married to this man who wasn't really the nicest to her. And in the end she left him and died, and he felt a lot of remorse and sadness. He died regretting the loss of his wife and his actions.

Omo! It was so heartbreaking.

:criesariver:

The actress playing the queen was phenomenal and her acting skills were just on another level. I think she's a veteran c-actress or something. The guy playing the emperor was also very very good.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks! I watched the first 20 minutes yesterday. It was a bit weird. (It gets better, right?) :lol: But I'll try to pick it back up today.

Which part was weird? I cant say it gets better, because i was hooked from the first ep. It was good from the beginning. The drama seemed very clever about the time loop element so i was intrigued and was trying to find the answers....and before i knew i finished all 15 eps....LOL

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Men free program was beautiful.

Nathan was awesome. 
Yuma won silver in his first Olympics. 
Shoma won Bronze. 
Yuruzu rises from 9th place to 4th. He tried the hardest jump. But this time could not deliver. But honestly I’m so proud of him. He could have skated safer and not try the jump. But he’s won the Olympics twice. So why not try something that has not never done in the competition. 

It was really though race in cross country skiing today for my country.

I mean you lose the gold for 0.4 second and then you win the bronze by 0.1 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

its been raining almost daily for the past 3 days or longer.. i'm getting listless..

Give here the rains! :lol:

Will be going to Expo next weekend. Haven't decided which pavilions to see yet, but I hope to see SG's. It depends on how much the gremlins can walk, hahaha! They're about to have their finals tests, so one last trip treat before exams begin.

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

Too bad I can't remember the drama name anymore. It was about a queen who was married to this man who wasn't really the nicest to her. And in the end she left him and died, and he felt a lot of remorse and sadness. He died regretting the loss of his wife and his actions.

Omo! It was so heartbreaking

OMO, why do I feel you were describing Eternal Love??? 

b137635dc21bbe0303d193a4898575e9--mark-c

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks! I watched the first 20 minutes yesterday. It was a bit weird. (It gets better, right?) :lol: But I'll try to pick it back up today.

I can promise it gets better! She and the ML would soon start to make sense the time loop they're in. ^_^

@kokodus I loved that the very slightest change in their plans/actions in every loop would also give totally different results from the previous loops.

• Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Give here the rains! :lol:

Will be going to Expo next weekend. Haven't decided which pavilions to see yet, but I hope to see SG's. It depends on how much the gremlins can walk, hahaha! They're about to have their finals tests, so one last trip treat before exams begin.

it feels like dec came late, in feb instead haha rain and rain.. and its those feathery rain that goes for hours and days..

have lots of fun at the expo with the gremlins hahahaha do they enjoy trips like hiking or more for car rides? lol that will determine if they will get bored with the walking since expo is such a huge event

Show Off Season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Go Go Go Running GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

To my surprise I found myself crying in some scenes too because they were so saaddd...

Yup. I've been there with Chinese entertainment. Some of the most depressing things around (Hero, To Live, Joy Luck Club). I'm always sobbing at Chinese films. But the stories definitely stick with you.

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Which part was weird? I cant say it gets better, because i was hooked from the first ep. It was good from the beginning. The drama seemed very clever about the time loop element so i was intrigued and was trying to find the answers....and before i knew i finished all 15 eps....LOL

I wasn't expecting a time loop, and it was late so I was tired :) so the fact that the story kept changing, and that the bus exploded two or three times during the first 20 minutes, was strange to me. That there's a time loop makes sense now!

Even early on, it seems very well-done with good acting.

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I can promise it gets better! She and the ML would soon start to make sense the time loop they're in. ^_^

@kokodus I loved that the very slightest change in their plans/actions in every loop would also give totally different results from the previous loops.

Have you guys seen Run Lola Run? It reminded me of that movie, even in the first 20 minutes.  And I do love Run Lola Run.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

23 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

it feels like dec came late, in feb instead haha rain and rain.. and its those feathery rain that goes for hours and days..

have lots of fun at the expo with the gremlins hahahaha do they enjoy trips like hiking or more for car rides? lol that will determine if they will get bored with the walking since expo is such a huge event

After a week of thunderstorms and floods in some places last Jan New Year, that was it.

The elder gremlin is raring to go back, as the school field trip to Expo last Dec, before activities outside school were stopped again due to Omicron surge, wasn't enough sight-seeing yet, LOL. 

The younger one is a bit reluctant cos a classmate friend who went there with family tells not to go, LOL, cos of too much walking, hahaha!

18 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Have you guys seen Run Lola Run? It reminded me of that movie, even in the first 20 minutes.  And I do love Run Lola Run.

I don't think I've seen, but will try to check it out if time is there this weekend. :)

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

OMO, why do I feel you were describing Eternal Love??? 

Chingu, it was actually Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace from 2018. Such a heartbreaking story. :heartbreak:

rs_768x1024-181211185953-http___img.gold

I just watched the YouTube drama clips and could still follow the main story somehow. Without having to watch 87 episodes. :grimace:

They also explained each scene in the description, so it was easy to follow the whole story. Saw many comments from other people who had done the same thing as me - just watching drama clips.

Did y'all see this news?

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-da-hee-in-talks-to-be-super-junior-choi-si-won-s-leading-lady

I approve! :cutekitty:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, it was actually Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace from 2018. Such a heartbreaking story. 

I'm not familiar with the FL, but ML is Wallace Hou, one of the best ever actors.

The drama you mentioned is included in my to-watch list, which I'm slowly getting shorter (yay!). Eighty seven episodes is still a lot though, compared to other Cdramas that used to be around 50-60 eps. I've to be really free if I want to binge watch and finish it. 

I don't mind sad endings either, or if the story is really sad. I'm more after the story and the acting anyway. 

Would you like to give Eternal Love a try? There might be similarities with Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, but the drama is much shorter at 58 eps, it's in YT and Viki, and happy ending, if you prefer happy endings. (Wink wink) You can take a peek at the MVs Ms Koko posted.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm not familiar with the FL, but ML is Wallace Hou, one of the best ever actors.

She was phenomenal! :love:

qSPyzEL.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So was Wallace of course!

Sorry if I spoiled it for you - I guess I just assumed you had watched it.

Korean Drama Reaction GIF by The Swoon

I thought the story was pretty interesting, and it was one that wasn't just showing the rosy side of marriage. The acting was very powerful in the scenes that required it.

717990874ca985f52_0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I am glad that older / veteran actors were chosen to play these roles, because they sure as heck nailed it! :glasses:

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Would you like to give Eternal Love a try? There might be similarities with Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, but the drama is much shorter at 58 eps, it's in YT and Viki, and happy ending, if you prefer happy endings. (Wink wink) You can take a peek at the MVs Ms Koko posted.

If there are drama clips available allowing me to follow the story without having to FF, I am willing to give it a try chingu. :kiss_wink:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

Sorry if I spoiled it for you - I guess I just assumed you had watched it.

I thought the story was pretty interesting, and it was one that wasn't just showing the rosy side of marriage. The acting was very powerful in the scenes that required it.

I am glad that older / veteran actors were chosen to play these roles, because they sure as heck nailed it! :glasses:

I don't mind spoilers, hehehe! 

TBH, older or veteran actors often  have that gravitas and depth that most younger actors or newcomers don't have yet when they act.

That is to say, there are also actors who are in the business for so long, but are still bland and dead eyes when they act. It's even more awkward when child actors are way better than the adults they're acting with. :lol:

Spoiler

Eternal Love has a movie version, but I won't really recommend that you watch that one, even if the FL there is the actress who played Mulan, even if CGI and SFX are way better than the drama series version, cos while FL nailed it, ML was only so-so. 

I haven't seen clips playlist of Eternal Love in YT, although I've seen before in FB some clips posted by some pages (not the official ones). LOL, it's how I got to know the drama, when I finally got curious enough to watch a clip. Anyhow, here's the playlist in YT of all the episodes. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3